The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

UPDATES ONLY ON DIGGING AND ACTIVITY IN PDL

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: UPDATES ONLY ON DIGGING AND ACTIVITY IN PDL

Post by Guest on 11.06.14 18:04

11 June 2014 Last updated at 17:56

[*]

No evidence after Madeleine searches

No evidence relating to missing Madeleine McCann identified after searches in Portugal,

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATES ONLY ON DIGGING AND ACTIVITY IN PDL

Post by Guest on 11.06.14 18:10

@Sceptic wrote:Mark Williams-Thomas @mwilliamsthomas · 21s
Op.Grange : 41 ground anomalies were identified initially by both aerial survey and ground analysis which were then investigated fully.

Mark Williams-Thomas @mwilliamsthomas · 1m
Op.Grange : Total area of land searched/ surveyed was approx 60,000 sq metres.Inc drainage channels and derelict buildings.

Mark Williams-Thomas @mwilliamsthomas · 3m
Op.Grange :After the first phase and 8 days of searching - currently no evidence relating to Madeleine McCann has been identified.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATES ONLY ON DIGGING AND ACTIVITY IN PDL

Post by Guest on 11.06.14 18:18

11 June 2014 Last updated at 18:04





Madeleine McCann: No evidence after searches, say police


No evidence relating to missing Madeleine McCann has been identified after searches in Portugal, Scotland Yard has said.

Portuguese and British police have completed searching three sites in the Algarve holiday resort of Praia da Luz.

Scotland Yard said the searches were the "first phase of this major investigation" and approximately 60,000 square metres had been covered.

Madeleine was three when she went missing in Praia da Luz in May 2007.


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27805322

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATES ONLY ON DIGGING AND ACTIVITY IN PDL

Post by Guest on 11.06.14 18:45

Brit police returning to UK tomorrow, according to this tweet......


Joana Morais @xklamation 3 mins
Maddie searches have ended, English police to return to UK on Thursday #McCann

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATES ONLY ON DIGGING AND ACTIVITY IN PDL

Post by Guest on 11.06.14 19:12


@Doug D wrote:Met Police Press Release - Operation Grange Update
11th June 2014, 17.50
Operation Grange officers working alongside experts in their field from around the UK, the Policia Judicial and the Guarda Nacional Republicana today, Wednesday 11 June completed an eight day period of work searching specific areas of land in Praia da Luz.
At this time no evidence relating to Madeleine McCann has been identified. However it has given us an essential understanding of the activity on and people that have used this piece of land.
This was the first phase of this major investigation which has been agreed with the Portuguese following the four International Letters of Request submitted to date. More activity has been agreed and we expect that to commence shortly
.
In addition further requests are being compiled and will be submitted in due course.
The decision to search the “horse shoe” shaped piece of waste ground to the west of Praia da Luz and other sites was as a specific result of the UK’s investigation work to date.
The total area of land searched and surveyed was of approximately 60,000 sq metres and included all utilities, drainage channels and derelict buildings. 41 ground anomalies were identified initially by both aerial survey and ground analysis which were then investigated fully. These included three outside of the original area.
This deployment which was the largest ever undertaken by UK police overseas in a case of this type, highlighted the effective nature of the assistance given by the Portuguese authorities, for which the investigation team and family are very grateful.
The media’s understanding and co-operation following Assistant Commissioner Rowley’s pre deployment briefing has also been noted and appreciated.
There is still a substantial amount of work yet to be completed in the coming weeks and months, which again should be viewed as no more than normal operational activity in a case of this size and complexity. This recent work is part of ensuring that all lines of enquiry are progressed in a systematic manner and covers just the one hypothesis that she was killed and buried locally. This is the same as would be done in the UK for a murder or high risk missing person enquiry. The scientific support staff involved were there to provide the highest level of assurance that this area was searched to the highest possible standards.




Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATES ONLY ON DIGGING AND ACTIVITY IN PDL

Post by Guest on 12.06.14 9:44

@Dutchgirl wrote:With thanks to Joana Morais

Maddie searches have ended, English police to return to UK on Thursday
11 June 2014 | Posted by Joana Morais Leave a Comment



Searches to find Maddie, requested by the English police have ended

British police will return to Portugal to question more people

The searches to find evidence that might lead to the whereabouts of Madeleine McCann ended on Wednesday without success in the area of Praia da Luz, Lagos. The English police are expected to return home as early as Thursday.

A Judiciary Police source said the searches requested by the English police had ended around 17.00pm. The source explained that the work was completed after over a week of searches in areas where Scotland Yard admitted that items or other evidence could be found that would help clarify the disappearance of the girl, seven years ago.

The operation, which included excavations, started on the 2nd of May, in the lookout of Praia da Luz. This Wednesday they focused their searches on the fields in the outskirts of Praia da Luz. According to the same source, the English detectives will return to Portugal, at a date not yet scheduled, to question eight people, who the English police believe they can help solve the case.

Seven years after the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, Portuguese and British authorities have searched the grounds adjacent to the tourist resort where the McCann family was holidaying.

in Público with Lusa News agency press release, June 11, 2014

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATES ONLY ON DIGGING AND ACTIVITY IN PDL

Post by Guest on 12.06.14 9:48

Post Dutchgirl Today at 7:17 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2654890/Police-Madeleine-McCann-search-begin-combing-new-patch-scrubland-today-near-went-missing-seven-years-ago.html in this update the graffiti words have been mentioned in its entirity. Parents Killed Maddie English Police are stupid!

See LONG article Page 74 of Digging thread.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATES ONLY ON DIGGING AND ACTIVITY IN PDL

Post by Guest on 12.06.14 12:34

@sofieellis wrote:And from their facebook page:


11 June, 2014 - Statement from Gerry and Kate

We are very pleased that significant activity has taken place in Praia da Luz over the last 10 days with police officers and support teams from the UK working closely with the Policia Judicial and the Guarda Nacional Republicana. We are further encouraged that, despite the intensive searches, no trace of Madeleine has been found and this reinforces our belief that she could still be alive. As parents of a missing child, we have always wanted all reasonable lines of enquiry to be followed and it is gratifying to know that a substantial amount of work will take place over the coming months with close cooperation of the British and Portuguese authorities. We would like to thank all those involved for their efforts and the members of the public who have come forward with information.

Gerry and Kate

findmadeleine.com

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATES ONLY ON DIGGING AND ACTIVITY IN PDL

Post by Guest on 12.06.14 13:26

@rustyjames wrote:BBC article - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27813554

The parents of missing Madeleine McCann say the fact that recent searches found no trace of their daughter reinforces their belief she could still be alive.
Kate and Gerry McCann said they were "very pleased" at the searches over the last 10 days in Praia da Luz, Portugal.
Scotland Yard said there was still a "substantial amount of work" still to do in the investigation after three areas of land were searched.
Madeleine was three when she went missing in the Algarve resort in 2007.
Scotland Yard has said the searches, carried out with Portuguese officers and covering approximately 60,000 square metres, were the "first phase of this major investigation".
In a statement released through their spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, Mr and Mrs McCann said: "We are very pleased that significant activity has taken place in Praia da Luz over the last 10 days with police officers and support teams from the UK working closely with the Policia Judiciaria and the Guarda Nacional Republicana.

"We are further encouraged that despite the intensive searches, no trace of Madeleine has been found and this reinforces our belief that she could still be alive.
"As parents of a missing child, we have always wanted all reasonable lines of inquiry to be followed and it is gratifying to know that a substantial amount of work will take place over the coming months with the close co-operation of the British and Portuguese authorities.
"We would like to thank all those involved for their efforts and the members of the public who have come forward with information."

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATES ONLY ON DIGGING AND ACTIVITY IN PDL

Post by Guest on 12.06.14 17:58

Thanks to canada12 for this sent to me by pm.....


@canada12 wrote:Met officers under fire for failed Madeleine searches
Times, The (London, England) - Thursday, June 12, 2014
Author: David Brown

Scotland Yard admitted last night that officers investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann had failed to find any evidence relating to her during searches of three Algarve sites.

Officers arrived at the final site yesterday on the outskirts of Praia da Luz to be greeted with graffiti criticising the "stupid" English police.

The failure to find any evidence in the search sites will raise questions about the £5 million British investigation ordered by David Cameron after the Portuguese police closed the case.

Officers searched wasteland close to the Ocean Club resort where Madeleine disappeared in May 2007 and two sites to the west of the town.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "At this time no evidence relating to Madeleine McCann has been identified.

"However it has given us an essential understanding of the activity on - and people that have used - this piece of land."

A spokesman for Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, from Rothley, Leicestershire, said: "In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, Kate and Gerry continue to believe that Madeleine is still alive" Search teams used sniffer dogs and ground-penetrating radar to examine 60,000 square metres of land including all utilities, drainage channels and derelict buildings.

Scotland Yard has asked the Portuguese authorities to speak to three "people of interest", believed to be former workers at the Ocean Club. They have been told that they will be allowed to sit in during the interviews but cannot intervene.

The British investigators are seeking information about a man who sneaked into bedrooms to assault young girls holidaying with their families on the Algarve on at least 12 occasions. Caption:  Insulting graffiti greeted British police at their final search site in Praia da Luz


http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4116348.ece

(c) Times Newspapers Limited 2014

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATES ONLY ON DIGGING AND ACTIVITY IN PDL

Post by Guest on 14.06.14 9:32

@fossey wrote:



[size=13]Dismal Spectacle Correio da Manhã[/size]


The investigation of the last two weeks, if it can be called an investigation, was surreal.

By Carlos Anjos [president of the Committee for the protection of crime victims, former president of PJ Union]
[size=10]13 June 2014
With thanks to
Joana Morais for translation

If there were doubts about the PJ investigation, lo and behold, the English police conferred legitimacy to it.

The investigation that we have witnessed in the last two weeks, if it can be called investigation, was at best, surreal. While watching Andy Redwood, I've missed Gonçalo Amaral.

The English police had no idea what they were doing, in addition to spending money - in two years they have already spent over €8 million, the operating budget of the PJ in one year.

In two weeks, they told us that Maddie was abducted by an abuser who used to lay down in a bed with minors. And the girl woke up, was killed and buried.

Then there were three Portuguese, but could have been six, that were committing burglaries. Maddie woke up, was killed and buried.

Then, at the searches, they found two cannabis plants and look: Maddie was killed by drug traffickers who were robbing her house.

Objective fact: the English have no doubt that there was a robbery.

Problem: there was no break-in, the doors were locked and nothing was stolen.

So how did they get in? Another mystery.

And then they went, as they came, after that dismal spectacle.
[/size]

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATES ONLY ON DIGGING AND ACTIVITY IN PDL

Post by Guest on 14.06.14 23:16

candyfloss wrote:Oh dearie me...............



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum