The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 12 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 12 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 12 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 12 Regist10

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Markus 2 04.06.14 14:48

“A four day search on three sites totaling 17 or so acres, lasting four days shows a lack of commitment. Either you are going to search the area fully and completely, or you are not. If you can exclude the scrubland and potential burial sites or areas where clothing of evidence may have been discarded within a square kilometer of the apartment where she was last seen, then it becomes a very different type of crime”, Bailey an eminent cold case investigator, told the Sunday World.
That is what we said yesterday , bring in the Time TEAM
Markus 2

Activity : 399

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by nglfi 04.06.14 14:49

Newintown wrote:
figaro19 wrote:
MarcoG wrote:
whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
nglfi wrote:
Je pense à la question que certaines personnes ont soulevé que les échantillons d'ADN renvoyés de la FSS, voire de la taie d'oreiller Rothley in townre été mal famé. Je pense que mês l'étaient, ce n'est pas grave parce que si un squelette ou des parties d'un corps qui contiennent de l'ADN sont trouvées, elles peuvent être confirmées avec 99% de certitude comme étant un parent de la famille McCann. Et vraiment, ils n'ont aucun moyen de faire valoir leur moyen de sortir de ça! Je crois que j'ai lu quelque part que la PJ ont déjà des échantillons des McCann il est donc trop tard pour eux de refuser de fournir un échantillon de toute façon.

Excellent point. Même si elles ne sont pas en possession d'un de l'ADN de Madeleine, ils peuvent comparer tout ADN trouvé à Kate, Gerry, et l'ADN de leurs enfants.
Si jamais un squelette complet se trouve, informations dentaires ou autres pourraient, sans l'ADN, aussi mener à l'identification.
L'"nous ne serons pas venir jusqu'à ce que vous avez ADN" par le couple McCann semble si psychopathe.
if Maddie did not dna "McCann"? They never find a matching DNA was Madeleine Mccann  scratchhead

Thanks for posting that.  It did cross my mind as well but I didn't want to bring the subject up.  It made me think about it as GM was so positive i.e. "finding DNA", if he knows MBM's DNA doesn't match the McCanns.

It could be one of the reasons that the McCanns didn't want Madeleine's health records released very early on, only IMO.
But if that was the case, when samples that were found in the hire car were sent off for analysis, they would have come back as a complete mismatch. It would have been the perfect cover up 'So, you've found blood in the scenic, well it doesn't belong to anyone connected with the McCanns.' But they did initially confirm a match. So IMO the body was def in the Scenic and Maddie is def the biological child of those two.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum 04.06.14 14:50

worriedmum wrote:Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 12 BpOle48CYAE3w33

looks a bit Rickwood to me...

You deviant you!

Activity : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenMind 04.06.14 14:50

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2014-05-08/2007-2014-timeline-of-events-in-search-for-madeleine-mccann/

Thought this was interesting in that it isn't very pro.......

Activity : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.06.14 14:53

nglfi wrote:. . .So IMO the body was def in the Scenic and Maddie is def the biological child of those two.
The body ? or something in which the body had been "hidden" or carried and had leaked - and which is no longer available, and which Mitchell said was never there anyway.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 04.06.14 14:53

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:Throwing a question out to PeterMac:

Could fingerprints be detected on a surface such as a corrugated iron sheet, after 7 years in the environment of Praia da Luz?
Wasn't Gerry always very careful to wear those blue surgical gloves?  I'm thinking of the video in which they're loading up the Scenic with stuff and he's wearing them for some very very strange reason!
nglfi

Back to top Go down

Post by DurhamGuy1967 04.06.14 14:55

Could fingerprints be detected on a surface such as a corrugated iron sheet, after 7 years in the environment of Praia da Luz?
Fngerprints have to be on a smooth polished surface, Fingerprints do not work on galvanised metal. So I don't believe you could get prints off the sheet even it it wasn't rusty. ( That's what a scene of crime told me when we were burgled )
DurhamGuy1967

Activity : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 04.06.14 14:56

nglfi wrote:

Wasn't Gerry always very careful to wear those blue surgical gloves?  I'm thinking of the video in which they're loading up the Scenic with stuff and he's wearing them for some very very strange reason!

I was mulling over those gloves myself it would be interesting if they came upon a pair of those on their digs , surely they could still be fingerprints on the inside of the gloves
frost

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 04.06.14 14:56

nglfi wrote:

That's an old forum myth. The picture from an angle looks a bit like gloves but there were none. Dead end there.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 04.06.14 14:57

Bishop Brennan wrote:
nglfi wrote:

That's an old forum myth.  The picture from an angle looks a bit like gloves but there were none.  Dead end there.  
True, been there too many times. Shadow.
Markus 2

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 04.06.14 14:58

PeterMac wrote:
nglfi wrote:. . .So IMO the body was def in the Scenic and Maddie is def the biological child of those two.
The body ?  or something in which the body had been "hidden" or carried and had leaked - and which is no longer available, and which Mitchell said was never there anyway.
Actually I was thinking about that the other day, that potentially what is buried outside PDL is the pajamas and possibly other items associated with disposal,  and the body was buried closer to home. It's a possibility.  Either way I believe that she's a biological child of K and G.
Ps, thank you for answering my question earlier re DNA, but what did you mean by a qualified yes to matching discovered DNA with the macs? If they found remains and matched DNA to a sample from adult McCanns, do you think that would be strong enough to stand up in court?
nglfi

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.06.14 15:00

DurhamGuy1967 wrote:

Fngerprints have to be on a smooth polished surface, Fingerprints do not work on galvanised metal. So I don't believe you could get prints off the sheet even it it wasn't rusty. ( That's what a scene of crime told me when we were burgled )

Oh well, the thought was encouraging for a few minutes anyway :)
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 04.06.14 15:01

Markus 2 wrote:
Bishop Brennan wrote:
nglfi wrote:

That's an old forum myth.  The picture from an angle looks a bit like gloves but there were none.  Dead end there.  
True, been there too many times. Shadow.
I might be wrong but I have a very clear memory of watching a video in which Gerry is giving a short interview to someone behind the camera, whilst he is putting items in the boot and he is clearly wearing gloves? I'm not sure if I could find it again. This case does occupy much of my spare thinking time so I may even have dreamt this! I'll try and find the link
nglfi

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.06.14 15:02

nglfi wrote:I might be wrong but I have a very clear memory of watching a video in which Gerry is giving a short interview to someone behind the camera, whilst he is putting items in the boot and he is clearly wearing gloves? I'm not sure if I could find it again. This case does occupy much of my spare thinking time so I may even have dreamt this! I'll try and find the link

No gloves, forum myth.  big grin 
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 12 Empty Amazed no one's mentioned this yet ...

Post by DonNewbery 04.06.14 15:02

... unless I'm being blind and haven't spotted it. Sounds like a potentially v important development.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-06-04/madeleine-police-taken-by-surprise-by-discovery-of-hole/
DonNewbery

Activity : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 04.06.14 15:04

Sceptic wrote:http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/crime-desk/donal-macintyre-s-crime-cafe/mccann-search-lacks-commitment-and-direction-expert-claims#.U47-LA4jN8E.twitter
From the desk of Donal Macintyre is enough to discredit the story.  DM did a ridiculous indepth investigation into the disappearance of Maddie, his conclusion if I remember correctly was two abductors who handed the child out of the window and cleaned up the apartment.  Same school of thought as MWT etc.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 04.06.14 15:07

DonNewbery wrote:... unless I'm being blind and haven't spotted it. Sounds like a potentially v important development.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-06-04/madeleine-police-taken-by-surprise-by-discovery-of-hole/
Maybe they dont have a clue where to look, but they probably know they might find something interesting ,so, taken-by-surprise-by-discovery-of-hole that will probably send them off in another direction.
Markus 2

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis 04.06.14 15:08

OpenMind wrote:http://www.itv.com/news/central/2014-05-08/2007-2014-timeline-of-events-in-search-for-madeleine-mccann/

And it helpfully points out that the police files have been published

• August 4 - Thousands of pages of evidence from the Portuguese police files in the exhaustive investigation into Madeleine's disappearance are made public. They reveal details of the lines of inquiry pursued by detectives, witness statements and scores of previously unknown sightings of the little girl.

sofieellis

Activity : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum 04.06.14 15:11

Bishop Brennan wrote:
nglfi wrote:

Thank you Bishop. And the imaginary gloves weren't blue either. They were imaginary YELLOW.

Activity : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB 04.06.14 15:13

sofieellis wrote:
OpenMind wrote:http://www.itv.com/news/central/2014-05-08/2007-2014-timeline-of-events-in-search-for-madeleine-mccann/

And it helpfully points out that the police files have been published

• August 4 - Thousands of pages of evidence from the Portuguese police files in the exhaustive investigation into Madeleine's disappearance are made public. They reveal details of the lines of inquiry pursued by detectives, witness statements and scores of previously unknown sightings of the little girl.

And describes the original Portuguese investigation as exhaustive rather than the "botched" that we're accustomed to hearing from the MSM. Something does seem to have changed somewhere. I'd love to know what
AndyB

Activity : 724

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 12 Empty Shooting in the dark

Post by Cheshire Cat 04.06.14 15:14

The article in Sunday World is quite surprising - it is highly critical of operation Grange. Worth reading and not dismissing.

Officers searching scrubland around the Praia da Luz resort for the body of Maddie McCann, or a clue to her whereabouts, are still shooting in the dark, cold case specialist Alan Bailey told the Sunday World.
The former head of the Irish Cold Case unit claims that the Metropolitan Police search is far to wide and lacking direction and demonstrates a lack of commitment to the case, exclusively claims today.
“A four day search on three sites totaling 17 or so acres, lasting four days shows a lack of commitment. Either you are going to search the area fully and completely, or you are not. If you can exclude the scrubland and potential burial sites or areas where clothing of evidence may have been discarded within a square kilometer of the apartment where she was last seen, then it becomes a very different type of crime”, Bailey an eminent cold case investigator, told the Sunday World.
The specialist says that if she was abducted by a fixated preferential paedophile in an opportunist way, then local scrubland would be a place to abuse and get rid of evidence.
“Most of these kind of abductions are really wrong place, wrong time, and so, an opportunist predator could have spotted Maddie leaving her apartment searching for her mother, and snatched her immediately. These offenders don’t need much planning because they are always looking for an configuration of events to make their escape and snatch”, he said.
“An offender needs the child to present themselves, be lost and alone, for example. The environment must be suitable with a lack of CCTV cameras, and a lack of witnesses or potential witness is the third requirement of the opportunist snatch. If a full search of these sites were conducted then we could exclude this and concentrate on the more planned kidnap and snatch by a gang of paedophiles which is always the more unlikely scenario”, he said.
The investigator says that the Gardai would not have opened up the possibility of a breakthrough on the basis of such a wide search over such a short time. “We would have simply had an open ended search and not finished until we were confident that all the work was done and it cannot be done in four days after a gap of nearly seven years”, Bailey said.
The experience of the Gardai and the PSNI in the search for the disappeared from the troubles, has given these forces an expertise in searching for missing bodies and lost evidence.
“ We know from the disappeared that even when there are tip offs about the locations from those who actually, perpetrated the crimes then it is still very hard to find the bodies so this seems a very unrealistic and overly ambitious search by the Metropolitan Police", he said.
Despite indications of a breakthrough in the case, it is quite clear that the use of spades, pitch forks and some ground penetrating radar across three sites, one of which is over 15 acres, can only suggest that the Police are looking for a needle in a haystack.
One source close to the new investigators spoke of the concern among the team that the Met has made very little breakthrough despite the investment of more than 30 full time officers and nearly €10m in the investigation which was kick started last July after the intervention of the British Prime Minister.
Police sources say that search locations have been pinpointed by geographic crime profilers.
The sites were based on the distance that a child could have walked from
apartment 5a
where she disappeared from, or the distance where she could have been carried by a predator, and then perhaps abused or killed.
The investigators will be looking for either a piece of clothing or a body.
This line of enquiry suggests that the new investigators are unhappy with the quality of the original search but also that the new investigators, along with the original Portuguese Police team, believe that Maddie is no longer alive.
The McCann’s have long ignored this possibility understandably, but statistically; victims of child abductions are likely to be killed within days of kidnap.
“Victims of child abductions statistically are unlikely to survive the first 48 hours and the younger they are the more likely they are to be killed earlier. Those rare cases where abductees survive to be sex slaves are typically much, much older”, Professor David Wilson told the Sunday World.
http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/crime-desk/donal-macintyre-s-crime-cafe/mccann-search-lacks-commitment-and-direction-expert-claims
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.06.14 15:15

Short answer
No
fingerprints are a print left by a mixture of sweat and natural body fats, sebum and so on.
So they wash off, or get eaten by bacteria.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.06.14 15:21

PeterMac wrote:
Short answer
No
fingerprints are a print left by a mixture of sweat and natural body fats, sebum and so on.
So they wash off, or get eaten by bacteria.

Thanks PM, it was just a faint hope.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by wicksy 04.06.14 15:30

alison wrote:
wicksy wrote:Does anyone remember a poster on the 3As who had a particular interest in the drains and tunnels in PdL? I think it was a woman, and she visited PdL to check out some of her theories. Can't remember the name.

Wicksy - it is Johanna, the blogger (Unterdentepich) who had this interest and has just posted some pictures of the drains/tunnels on MCF.
Her view is that this area was the first resting place, not where a body is likely to be found.
Thanks, alison. Yes, I remember the theory was that it was an initial hiding place. Maybe a drain which allows water to run off into the sea during heavy rainfall. I think she used a different name before. Harmony?

I can't retrieve my login details for MCF, and I've tried to join again but my membership hasn't been activated. :-(
wicksy

Activity : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by riskybuisness 04.06.14 15:37

wicksy wrote:
alison wrote:
wicksy wrote:Does anyone remember a poster on the 3As who had a particular interest in the drains and tunnels in PdL? I think it was a woman, and she visited PdL to check out some of her theories. Can't remember the name.

Wicksy - it is Johanna, the blogger (Unterdentepich) who had this interest and has just posted some pictures of the drains/tunnels on MCF.
Her view is that this area was the first resting place, not where a body is likely to be found.
Thanks, alison. Yes, I remember the theory was that it was an initial hiding place. Maybe a drain which allows water to run off into the sea during heavy rainfall. I think she used a different name before. Harmony?

I can't retrieve my login details for MCF, and I've tried to join again but my membership hasn't been activated. :-(
Was that the same person who had sister that was a reporter.  I believe she was one of the first to actually go to Praia and film the walk from the apartment to the tapas bar and post it on  the 3A site.  If not who was that and do they now still post anywhere? I cannot find my old username for this site and the MCF site (have now changed email provider so I cannot get on to MCF and had to register to get back on here).
riskybuisness

Activity : 37

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top