The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Maddie's parents are INNOCENT Mm11

Maddie's parents are INNOCENT Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Maddie's parents are INNOCENT Mm11

Maddie's parents are INNOCENT Regist10

Maddie's parents are INNOCENT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maddie's parents are INNOCENT Empty Maddie's parents are INNOCENT

Post by Jill Havern 01.05.10 20:30

05/08/2008

THERE'S absolutely no chance that the parents of Madeleine McCann would be charged with her murder in this country.
It would be an outrageous miscarriage of justice if they were.

I don't say that from any feelings of sympathy for Kate and Gerry McCann, but from examining the facts of the case - or rather, the total LACK of them.

I've been a detective at the most senior level for 30 years and have never seen such a witch-hunt, or one based on such flimsy evidence.

Again, I don't say this from believing in the McCanns' innocence or their guilt. I simply don't know either way.

But from the evidence I have read I don't think they did it.

Unless the Portuguese police have something else, it doesn't make sense. The couple don't fit the profile and their opportunity was limited.

Throughout my career I have based my conclusions on hard evidence-and here there isn't any.

Sadly, I have to admit that is because of the sheer inadequacy of the police investigation that began when little Madeleine disappeared on the night of May 3.

Among the many things the Portuguese police SHOULD have done that night, but didn't, was treat the McCanns as the prime suspects.

Tragedy
That's what I'd have done. It's a matter of statistical fact that three out of four child murders are committed by the parents.

So their behaviour, movements, what they said, how they said it, what they did, who they were with, should have been instantly put under the police microscope.

They should have been sympathetically but relentlessly grilled again and again about what had happened that night.

They weren't.

That police error has become their tragedy now, because if they had been properly investigated back then they may well have been cleared. And thus free now to concentrate on the hunt to find their missing four-year-old, rather than somehow proving their innocence.

Hand-in-glove with treating the McCanns as suspects, the entire apartment and its environs should have been totally sealed off and barred to anyone but specially-trained police and forensic scientists who would have checked every millimetre of it for evidence.

It wasn't.

Police don't call the time after a crime, particularly one against children, the Golden Hour for nothing. In fact, I always insist it's a Golden Day - the time when forensic evidence is most fresh and easy to detect, when memories are most sharp, when lies and alibis are most vulnerable.

At its most basic, a bloodstain is easiest to see when it's still wet.

Instead, Kate and Gerry McCann were just treated as grieving parents. Nicer for them, but no use in solving a crime they may have been involved in.

And the possible murder scene was treated as a glorified meeting-room to organise a search for a missing child, instead of the potential treasure trove of clues it actually was. To any experienced British detective, it is incomprehensible.

I spent ten years heading Britain's Psychological Offender Profiling Committee for the Home Office. It was set up after the so-called Railway Murders, in which monster John Francis Duffy killed two women and stalked and raped four others close to London train stations.

I worked alongside other very senior detectives, top civil servants and psychological profilers like Professor David Canter - who this week appeared on a TV programme about Madeleine's disappearance.

And I instinctively found myself agreeing when my friend Prof Canter concluded: "I feel abduction is the most likely possibility."

In other words, the McCanns were not involved. Everything I've learned about the couple tells me their profile simply doesn't fit as killers of their own child.

They've been criticised for being too controlled in their dealings with the media. It doesn't surprise me at all. They're both highly professional medics, one a surgeon the other a GP.

They're trained and experienced in dealing with crises - and professionals react to crises with calm.

Of course, anyone can get caught in horrendous circumstances and in panic try to lie their way out of it.

But my experience has shown those lies, particularly elaborate and choreographed deceit as this would have to be, can rarely be maintained before cracks start to show.

And particularly so when the suspects choose to place themselves under the intense, unprecedented scrutiny the McCanns have faced. But that's just my opinion, informed and based on considerable experience as it is.

Meanwhile, the police investigation that started so disastrously has turned to farce. Every apparent stream of evidence has been either missed, fatally compromised or is simply ludicrous.

For instance, Mrs McCann being allowed to hang on to Madeleine's favourite toy CuddleCat. Consoling for her, of course, but that's not the point -it had gone to bed with Madeleine, been taken from her and placed on a high shelf, presumably by the abductor.

CuddleCat was therefore vital evidence. Even a rookie detective should know it was highly likely an abductor's DNA would be on it.

But it was left for Mrs McCann to clutch, her other children to play with and spread Madeleine's DNA around.

Then there was the suggestion the McCanns somehow smuggled their daughter's body away in a car they hired 25 days after her disappearance.

Where did they hide the remains in that time? How did they do this when their every move, at their encouragement, was under the media spotlight?

There's also a very unpleasant aspect to face. What state, unless it had been in a deep freeze, would the body have been in? I'm afraid very gruesome indeed, probably with considerable leakage of bodily fluids and sloughing off of body cells.

Caution
The smell alone would have been appalling and would linger endlessly in any enclosed space like a car.

I'm bewildered by reports leaked by the Portuguese police that tiny traces have been found in the vehicle. My experience says it would probably be a great deal. If not, then anything found should be treated with extreme caution.

In Britain, forensic evidence alone rarely solves cases. When it does, such as in rape cases, it hits the headlines because of its infrequency. But even then it's usually in support of more conventional evidence.

None of the so-called forensic finds being boasted of in Portugal sound either likely, admissible or even possible to me.

Evidence from cadaver dogs, for instance, could not be used to bring about a conviction here. Generally they are regarded as being at best 80 per cent reliable.

And so it has gone on. The police haven't even found poor Madeleine's body - though that doesn't surprise me when you know rubbish bins in that small Portuguese seaside town weren't even searched in the week of her disappearance, before the contents were dumped in a landfill site.

To me, there is only one possible conclusion. There is so far not a single shred of evidence that justifies charges against the McCanns.

But the worst thing is that, while the Portuguese police continue their single-minded determination to nail them, they ignore other lines of inquiry.

And, worst of all, they are failing to carry on the hunt to try to find Madeleine alive.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41729

Back to top Go down

Maddie's parents are INNOCENT Empty Re: Maddie's parents are INNOCENT

Post by vaguely1 01.05.10 20:57

I saw this posted elsewhere, but I can't see on the article who the author is....probably not looking properly.

any ideas?

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 01.05.10 21:01

'Fraid not vaguely. Just found it on rosiepops forum.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41729

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 01.05.10 21:03

lol, I think it ended up on PFA from that source too.

strange it has no author on it at all confused

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 01.05.10 21:05

found it! Will post a link

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 01.05.10 21:06

Former Metropolitan Police commissioner Lord Stevens has became the latest critic to voice concerns over how the case has been handled.

He also claimed that the McCanns had become victims of a "witch-hunt". In a newspaper article he said: "There’s absolutely no chance that the parents of Madeleine McCann would be charged with her murder in this country.

"It would be an outrageous miscarriage of justice if they were.

"I’ve been a detective at the most senior level for 30 years and have never seen such a witch hunt based on such flimsy evidence."

Lord Stevens said he thought Madeleine had probably been abducted, but that her parents should have been made prime suspects immediately as a matter of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 01.05.10 21:07

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 01.05.10 21:18

Just another barrel of waffle making a pretence at being objective with a painfully long preamble assuring of us his own credentials. big grin

Unusual to find a police officer who can write as well as this. He must be at least as old and experienced as he purports to be big grin
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by kary 01.05.10 22:14

vaguely1 wrote:Former Metropolitan Police commissioner Lord Stevens has became the latest critic to voice concerns over how the case has been handled.

He also claimed that the McCanns had become victims of a "witch-hunt". In a newspaper article he said: "There’s absolutely no chance that the parents of Madeleine McCann would be charged with her murder in this country.

"It would be an outrageous miscarriage of justice if they were.

"I’ve been a detective at the most senior level for 30 years and have never seen such a witch hunt based on such flimsy evidence."

Lord Stevens said he thought Madeleine had probably been abducted, but that her parents should have been made prime suspects immediately as a matter of course.

Of course there would be absolutely no chance of a murder charge - it would be manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility. They always wheel in the trick-cyclists to earn a bob or two big grin
kary

Activity : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by kary 01.05.10 23:01

Released by the parents, I presume

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Very innocent, and I don't think
kary

Activity : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 02.05.10 0:31

I really don't like the look of that, Kary.

But certain people will still defend it I'm sure.
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffin Assasin 02.05.10 4:48

Bollox ? Double Bollox, and more bollox.

What more can I say without lauching into a foul-mouthed rant ?
Laffin Assasin
Laffin Assasin

Activity : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 02.05.10 6:32

Why murder ?

Same with the assumption that it was a body removed in the car 25 days later ? Why not clothing etc ?

This article is well written but covers too narrow a field to be of much use. If it was indeed written by a retired police officer, I hope he considered more options than this when he was working and investigating possible crimes. Did he not make any attempt to evaluate the evidence of a corpse having been in apartment 5A and balance that against the evidence of an abductor having been in that apartment before coming down on the side of abduction? To assume abduction based solely on the behaviour and body language of the parents is as incompetent as the Portuguese investigators he chooses to criticise.

The study of behaviour is an aid. It is not evidence
justagrannynow 1
justagrannynow 1

Activity : 1110

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 04.05.10 9:47

justagrannynow 1 wrote:Why murder ?

Same with the assumption that it was a body removed in the car 25 days later ? Why not clothing etc ?

This article is well written but covers too narrow a field to be of much use. If it was indeed written by a retired police officer, I hope he considered more options than this when he was working and investigating possible crimes. Did he not make any attempt to evaluate the evidence of a corpse having been in apartment 5A and balance that against the evidence of an abductor having been in that apartment before coming down on the side of abduction? To assume abduction based solely on the behaviour and body language of the parents is as incompetent as the Portuguese investigators he chooses to criticise.

The study of behaviour is an aid. It is not evidence

To assume anything based on behaviour and body language is incompetent and futile.

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 03.09.11 5:07

Mr Mrs
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 03.09.11 8:48

[quote="vaguely1"][quote="justagrannynow 1"]Why murder ?

This article is well written but covers too narrow a field to be of much use. If it was indeed written by a retired police officer, I hope he considered more options than this when he was working and investigating possible crimes. Did he not make any attempt to evaluate the evidence of a corpse having been in apartment 5A and balance that against the evidence of an abductor having been in that apartment before coming down on the side of abduction? To assume abduction based solely on the behaviour and body language of the parents is as incompetent as the Portuguese investigators he chooses to criticise. unquote

Leaking clothing with fluids draining from it 5 weeks after the event would - especially in a hot climate - be impossible. Besides, traces were found on the sills and on the key card.

The study of behaviour leads to psychological analysis, which can lead to the criminal. It is not evidence in itself, but a very useful tool.

On the contrary, the Portugese investigators were far too competent, which is why they were not sent background information such as Maddie's health records, financial records of the parents. They were hindered at every step because on the basis of evidence available to them,they rejected the abduction theory.

The DNA analysis is IMO one of the biggest cover up scandals ever perpetrated in a criminal investigation. The article is from the NoTW and the police investigation was seriously flawed in GB. Without this cover up, the beautification of the McCs would not have been possible. It is possible to arrest someone on the results found in the UK, but curiously, not in Portugal, where the law requires a full match.
It would be interesting to see which criminal cases in the UK have been decided on less than 15 out of 19 alleles, an 88% match!.
Perhaps there is a law student who could help us?

This is an old post and I take it that the evidence released by the PJ and other facts now in the public domain, wil have clarified some points.

tigger
tigger

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by LG78 07.09.11 8:39

tigger wrote:
The DNA analysis is IMO one of the biggest cover up scandals ever perpetrated in a criminal investigation. The article is from the NoTW and the police investigation was seriously flawed in GB. Without this cover up, the beautification of the McCs would not have been possible. It is possible to arrest someone on the results found in the UK, but curiously, not in Portugal, where the law requires a full match.
It would be interesting to see which criminal cases in the UK have been decided on less than [/[b]b]15 out of 19 alleles, an 88% match!.
Perhaps there is a law student who could help us?

This is an old post and I take it that the evidence released by the PJ and other facts now in the public domain, wil have clarified some points.

I just read the other day, and i think I posted it here somewhere as well, I read that in UK I think they just needed 9 out of 19 to judge someone in criminal cases... I wondered if that was true, because if that is true, well 15 out of 19 should be good evidence then..
LG78

Activity : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 27.09.11 12:40

LG78 I think it is actually only 10 out of 19 needed in UK but PT wanted 19 out of 19. Therefore in UK the McCanns would have come to trial in my opinion.
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top