The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

G.McCann laughs when talking about age progression picture (split from Maddie: Cops at War thread) - Page 3 Mm11

G.McCann laughs when talking about age progression picture (split from Maddie: Cops at War thread) - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

G.McCann laughs when talking about age progression picture (split from Maddie: Cops at War thread) - Page 3 Mm11

G.McCann laughs when talking about age progression picture (split from Maddie: Cops at War thread) - Page 3 Regist10

G.McCann laughs when talking about age progression picture (split from Maddie: Cops at War thread)

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

G.McCann laughs when talking about age progression picture (split from Maddie: Cops at War thread) - Page 3 Empty Re: G.McCann laughs when talking about age progression picture (split from Maddie: Cops at War thread)

Post by bobbin Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:04 am

Mirage wrote:
stumo wrote:I can only think of John McCann, days after the disappearance of Madeline....

These brothers are Hogarthian. The fixed smile is so inappropriate, the delivery so upbeat. You'd think he was talking about almost anything but his missing little niece if you turn the sound down. But it's the gulpy breathing I notice.
I've always been worried by John McCann's clenched left fist. Almost throughout he uses his right hand 'open' to 'animate' his speech but the left had, clenched, ready for 'what' ? controlling, concealing 'what' ?
If I were an analyst I would be asking myself what sort of a split or aggressive personality that was. To me he has the demeanour of one watching an illegal cockfight and scarcely able to control his desire to get in there and start throwing punches around....AIMO
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

G.McCann laughs when talking about age progression picture (split from Maddie: Cops at War thread) - Page 3 Empty Re: G.McCann laughs when talking about age progression picture (split from Maddie: Cops at War thread)

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:14 am

JeanM: see the last post on page 1 re the question which Gerry found so funny.

Seek truth: Gerry's father died in 2004 or 2005 before the twins were born.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmied_Shatter Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:19 am

Look how easily the word MUR DER rolls off a wegian tongue

ontopic ontopic ontopic ontopic ontopic 
Jemmied_Shatter

Activity : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:41 am

That gif of Gerry laughing makes my skin crawl.

*shudders*
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:03 am

bobbin wrote:
Mirage wrote:
stumo wrote:I can only think of John McCann, days after the disappearance of Madeline....

These brothers are Hogarthian. The fixed smile is so inappropriate, the delivery so upbeat. You'd think he was talking about almost anything but his missing little niece if you turn the sound down. But it's the gulpy breathing I notice.
I've always been worried by John McCann's clenched left fist. Almost throughout he uses his right hand 'open' to 'animate' his speech but the left had, clenched, ready for 'what' ? controlling, concealing 'what' ?
If I were an analyst I would be asking myself what sort of a split or aggressive personality that was. To me he has the demeanour of one watching an illegal cockfight and scarcely able to control his desire to get in there and start throwing punches around....AIMO

'They have a list of contacts they are working through'

'They are very strong'

'We are a very proactive family'

And imo, therein lies the answer to the all the help they received.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:32 am

bobbin wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Very apt description, Bobbin. I noticed the fist too. Like something charged up with adrenaline. And he was shortly to leave his lucrative job in pharmaceuticals to assist with the fighting fund! Under the circumstances of a missing infant I find his whole demeanour repulsive. Whichever way you slice it, neither he or GM come over as normal in their reactions IMO.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

His LinkedIn profile doesn't confirm that he left his job.

This manic not a care in the world performance should have sent alarm bells ringing right from the start.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:50 am

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

His LinkedIn profile doesn't confirm that he left his job.

This manic not a care in the world performance should have sent alarm bells ringing right from the start.

Alarm bells were ringing right from the start. Just not, seemingly, among those who had the power to do anything about them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:57 am

Was there a later interview with this man?
I have a distinct memory of one of the male members of the family in an open air interview, possibly in Portugal. Whoever it was said "We are calling in favours." It struck me at the time that it was a very odd turn of phrase in relation to a missing child. It has stuck in my mind ever since.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:02 am

This is another thread on John McCann.......

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:07 am

candyfloss wrote:This is another thread on John McCann.......

This from above link...

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:Madeleine's family come together BBC News video

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

09 May 2007

John McCann has just returned from Portugal where his niece Madeleine was kidnapped.

(00:03:20)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transcript

By Nigel Moore

BBC: We'll speak now to Madeleine's uncle, John McCann. Now, John - just returned from Portugal late last night - joins us from his home in Glasgow. We're very grateful for you to, errr... to be speaking to us this morning, John. Thank you, so much. The thoughts of everyone watching are with you and your family. What are they like, errm... Gerry and Kate, this m...? How... how are they feeling?

John McCann: Well, they've moved along since what happened last Thursday/Friday. Errm... Obviously we were all devastated then and, you know, there was a... a feeling of helplessness but in the last few days they've had a lot of support and they've been buoyed by that support, both in Portugal and at home, and, errm... they're much more positive about things that can be done to get Maddie back.

BBC: Yes, what... what were you able to do out there? Obviously, you were off... able to offer a lot of support to your brother. Are the family very close?

JM: Errm... (laughs) I suppose that's all relative, errr... yeah, we... we get on really well. We've got a good dynamic amongst us all and it was amazing actually to, errm... to realise how strong the extended family is, errm... some fantastic people, like, errr... Mike and Nicky who are still out there, errm... helping Gerry and Kate with some of the... the handling with the twins, you know, so it's... some good stuff has come out of a very adverse situation.

BBC: Yes, I mean, and they'll need an awful lot of support because you... you just wonder how they're able to cope with looking after the twins as well, when all this is going on and there's so much media attention on them.

JM: You're right, it... it is very difficult and you guys have been pretty good actually in terms of, errm... you've not been too intrusive, errr... and been very helpful at getting people to... to rally round and support us and to get information back to the police because, at the end of the day, that's what we need is... is leads to be followed, so that Maddie can get back to us.

BBC: What are your thoughts, John, on how the police have handled this investigation so far? Because you'll know that in the newspapers a lot of them this morning are calling the Portuguese police 'clueless'.

JM: I... I don't think that's a... a useful avenue to explore. I'd rather take it forward in a different way and get people saying, 'Right, let's move on. What can we do now? What... what's the best way to tackle this now?' And I think Gerry and Kate want us to focus like that as well, so, please, you know, let's focus on what can be done now. Any information; let's get on with working on that.

BBC: Yes, okay, so you're quite happy and... and the family are quite happy with the way the police are investigating this, so far?

JM: Everybody's working to the same end, you know, nobody... nobody's trying to stop us getting Maddie back. Everybody wants Maddie back and everybody is working, as far as I could perceive out there, to... to get that wee girl back to us.

BBC: Of course. What's Maddie like? What's she like as a character? What's she like as an individual?

JM: Errm... (laughs) She's, errr... she's a mixture of her parents. She's very bright, very quick, very energetic, a right wee individual. Errm... My two kids love her to bits, errr... her and the twins, errm... she's so fun, errr... she can be... she can be a bit stroppy at times, errr... but what... what interesting kid can't be? Errm... She's a wee darling, errr... really fantastic wee girl.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:27 am

"Well, they've moved along since what happened last Thursday/Friday. Errm... Obviously we were all devastated then"

Huh???? Is this less than 6 days after Madeleine disappeared?

Something is VERY wrong, here!
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:39 pm

sallypelt wrote:"Well, they've moved along since what happened last Thursday/Friday. Errm... Obviously we were all devastated then"

It's just not normal behaviour and it's things like this that get me wondering if MM really did exist. You could only react in this manner if you KNEW that no tragedy had befallen your daughter/grand-daughter/niece etc. and you'd soon be profiting from a hoax. I can't believe that there could be so many cold and heartless people in that family  dontgetit 
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:57 pm

I feel the same tangled web,bizarre.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:58 pm

I'm going to play devils advocate here, has anyone considered that Gerry might not be laughing at the question being asked?

We can't hear the question properly and we certainly can't see the reporters as Kate and Gerry can. The person asking the question could have tripped or something, or made some kind of gesture that was un-intentionally funny when asking his question. Something like this might have made Gerry laugh and then he tries to stifle his reaction as he remembers where he is.

I know Gerry has had inapropriate looking reactions before (the smirking when asked why they don't get their hopes up about possible sightings comes to mind) but it's a bit of a leap to presume he is laughing at the E-fit or having a private joke with the journalist when we can't see what else is going on in that room.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:01 pm

But chippym he is clearly trying to suppress a laugh for a lot of that interview.
And we all know how good he is at suppressing things...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Research_Reader Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:05 pm

Tangled Web wrote:
sallypelt wrote:"Well, they've moved along since what happened last Thursday/Friday. Errm... Obviously we were all devastated then"

It's just not normal behaviour and it's things like this that get me wondering if MM really did exist. You could only react in this manner if you KNEW that no tragedy had befallen your daughter/grand-daughter/niece etc. and you'd soon be profiting from a hoax. I can't believe that there could be so many cold and heartless people in that family  dontgetit 

I think most people on here (myself included) think this is all a hoax. However we mostly seem to focus on it being an accidental death followed by a cover-up.

Yet what if the truth is stranger? In my more imaginative moments I wonder if the hoax is something more akin to a big-business + government 'stunt' in order to further some kind of agenda (e.g. creation of a more robust child-protection database, flushing out of child-abuse groups operating in Portugal etc), that just went a bit too far. Or perhaps Maddie was taken by people known to the McCanns and used as a bargaining chip to force them to do something?

I don't think those are the MOST likely explanations, but sometimes I think along those lines.
Research_Reader
Research_Reader

Activity : 326

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:16 pm

Research_Reader wrote:
I think most people on here (myself included) think this is all a hoax. However we mostly seem to focus on it being an accidental death followed by a cover-up.

Yet what if the truth is stranger? In my more imaginative moments I wonder if the hoax is something more akin to a big-business + government 'stunt' in order to further some kind of agenda (e.g. creation of a more robust child-protection database, flushing out of child-abuse groups operating in Portugal etc), that just went a bit too far. Or perhaps Maddie was taken by people known to the McCanns and used as a bargaining chip to force them to do something?

I don't think those are the MOST likely explanations, but sometimes I think along those lines.

My opinion is something very strange was going on on that 'holiday', but that the death of Madeleine* wasn't intended to be part of what was going on. There is a tendency on these forums to assume that all suspicious behaviour that was evident that week must have been connected to the crisis of the 3rd - I see no reason to automatically assume this to be the case. That poor girl may have died on the 3rd or earlier in the week, I really don't know. I do believe that all the strange connections that forum members have been unearthing recently show that it wasn't just a 'family holiday'. I've always agreed with that - the fact of several unrelated families holidaying together has struck me as off from the word go. I feel that the 'last photo' was a genuine photo that had the date changed from earlier in the week, to put Gerry at the club when I suspect he was actually somewhere very different.

*('in my opinion' of course, as we're all told to say here as if it makes any difference legally - I do it just to keep people happy.)
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by Research_Reader Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:20 pm

You mean the swinging scenario? Or something else?
Research_Reader
Research_Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:30 pm

Research_Reader wrote:You mean the swinging scenario? Or something else?

In my opinion it's more likely to be something financially motivated - but I have no idea what. Could just as easily be swinging, who knows! I'm not one of those people whose first thought on a subject is 'it must be about sex' ;-)
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:39 pm

ChippyM wrote:I'm going to play devils advocate here, has anyone considered that Gerry might not be laughing at the question being asked?

We can't hear the question properly and we certainly can't see the reporters as Kate and Gerry can. The person asking the question could have tripped or something, or made some kind of gesture that was un-intentionally funny when asking his question. Something like this might have made Gerry laugh and then he tries to stifle his reaction as he remembers where he is.

I know Gerry has had inapropriate looking reactions before (the smirking when asked why they don't get their hopes up about possible sightings comes to mind) but it's a bit of a leap to presume he is laughing at the E-fit or having a private joke with the journalist when we can't see what else is going on in that room.

I think you are right to play Devil's advocate here Chippy and I have wondered that myself. We can see how close the McCanns are here, she knows what triggered Gerry's giggles, but keeps her cool.

I have a similar close relationship with my brother, and actually with my sons as well, where humour is concerned. I am sure we have all experienced that moment when a friend or stranger says something that we know will trigger a fit of giggles in our loved one, and it is at that moment we shoot them a 'don't you dare' glance or give them a sly kick. It is also conspiratorial, especially if we are sharing a secret from someone and trying to keep a straight face. I'm talking about fairly innocent secrets here btw, as in where someone's christmas present is hidden. I am sure most people have experienced similar with partners and close family members.

Bearing all this in mind, there could be an innocent explanation for Gerry's laughter - the man may have had an ill fitting toupee, or pronounced a word wrongly. The man may have held up a picture of 'Asian Maddie' as I think someone else suggested - but again, as ridiculous as 'Asian Maddie' was, they were talking about his missing daughter!

However, this was a very solemn occasion, they were presenting to the world a picture of how their daughter would look at the age of 9, if she were alive. This would break most parents' hearts, they would be struggling to utter a single coherent sentence. We have seen genuine mothers of missing children, their faces crumple at the mention of their child's name.

This is the Gerry and Kate Show! The Age Progression Pic, is just a sideline, it makes no impact on the emotions of the McCanns whatsoever. In my opinion they are psychopaths and the picture behind them should be of the Paypal button with clear instructions on how to use it. I'm afraid what I see, is the interview coming to an end, and Gerry in rush to celebrate another media victory and an in depth analysis of how well they did (him especially).
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Research_Reader Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:44 pm

If it were just an innocent fit of the giggles: how come they are emotional enough to show happiness and humour in public but rarely anything approaching genuine grief or tears?

Perhaps some people do, but I'm more inclined towards labelling this as the aforementioned 'duping delight'.
Research_Reader
Research_Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Research_Reader wrote:
Tangled Web wrote:

I personally am glad people go into their imaginations RR, its pretty much all we have!

The most likely scenario out of the above that you have given, is, imo, creating a database. I have no doubt that is what Amber Alert was all about, microchipping all kids under the pretext of child abductors lurking on every corner. The Labour Government were very keen on the idea of ID Cards, and were pushing their agenda via several means, including using the terrorist threat. The Tories have always been against ID cards, as far as I am aware, and they rule the roost now. If something was begun along those lines in 2007/8, then nothing has come of it.

I have serious doubts as to the Government making any moves with regard to child protection. Simply on the grounds that it would cost money, and would not be seen as a priority at this time. Whilst they might wish to 'snatch' many more children from their parents, they haven't got the cash to pay for it.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Research_Reader Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Yes the biggest problem with the 'children protection agenda stunt' theory is that it hasn't really transpired. Also, wouldn't you choose parents who seemed more sympathetic?

Yet...yet... the thing that niggles at my mind re this just being a cover-up is the behaviour of the extended family. Surely the parents wouldnt have risked telling them the truth? Yet if they genuinely believed Maddie was missing, I'm sure they would have been more sober in their behaviour? And what about that £30k or whatever it was that was paid to the nephew for making a website? V strange and just doesn't gel with a standard cover-up scenario.
Research_Reader
Research_Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:59 pm

Research_Reader wrote:
Tangled Web wrote:

We are bound to consider other theories when trying to make sense of things that don't make sense, such as:-

No police force appears to be in any rush to bring to justice the people responsible for a 3 year old child's death.
The majority of photo's I have seen with Madeleine on look photoshopped in some way.
The connections/coincidences between an awful lot of people who happened to be holidaying in PdL at the same time.
The lack of emotion from the McCann's and other family members (the swinging theory wouldn't explain other family members appearing not to care).
The gagging of the press.
Political interference.

And the list goes on and on and on!
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top