The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

How worried will Gerry be now?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by Casey5 on 16.10.13 17:56

@Garrincha wrote:Folks I am worried thinking about all the about the potential repercussions of what seems to be the endgame. Please keep in mind, with all this heat on, when people feel cornered they can do desperate things, and I really hope precautionary measures are in place.
  
Garrincha, I too worry about the twins especially when recalling Kate McCann's remark about pressing a button and they're all gone.
Surely Social Services will keep an eye on the family, the one good thing is that the McCanns seem to be rarely at home so the twins will be cared for by family members who I'm sure will guard them well.
When Gerry was thinking about his "Wider Agenda" he should have maybe paid attention to the fact that Sean and Amelie WILL get older and WILL look on the internet for their names and details of the case and that cannot be prevented.
Poor kids but more so, poor Madeleine.

Casey5

Posts : 321
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by Garrincha on 16.10.13 18:04

by sallypelt on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Garrincha wrote:Folks I am worried thinking about all the about the potential repercussions of what seems to be the endgame. Please keep in mind, with all this heat on, when people feel cornered they can do desperate things, and I really hope precautionary measures are in place.

And, with this in mind, perhaps people here might consider turning away from gleeful-sounding “heat is on” comments towards something more like “in many ways you have shown extraordinary strength so please try now to find the strength within you to resolve all of this for your children’s sake”   

It would have been welcome if the McCann's had shown the same concerns for T Bennett, Robert Murat and Dr Amaral, and all those they either sued or put in the frame.

 

I agree wholeheartedly – my concern right now is for the children

Garrincha

Posts : 136
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by Cerinthe on 16.10.13 18:08

My guess is the results of the police investigation are more likely to have a material effect on the McCanns than a remark on an internet forum.   It would certainly be right for people to worry about the former. 

Gerry and Kate McCann have attempted to control this investigation from day one, with their PR campaigns to ensure that the police were inundated with huge amounts of confusing information, with their efforts to draw in powerful support wherever they could, with Kate's refusal to answer questions put to her by the police investigating her daughter's disappearance, with their and their friends refusal to take part in a forensic reconstruction, and with their flight from Portugal once they were made suspects, instead of staying to continue to take part in the investigation. 

We now appear to have entered a different phase of the case where they are now less able to control its direction.  Their reaction to this new state of affairs, especially Gerry's who throughout has seemed to relish being in control and directing events, is worth examining I feel.

Cerinthe

Posts : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by Praiaaa on 16.10.13 19:14

@Cerinthe wrote:I'm new to this forum.  Since 2007 I've kept trying to ignore the McCanns but they insist on regularly inserting themselves into the public consciousness and reminding us of what they apparently got away with.  I have a lot of gratitude for forums like this one and the posters on it, who have continued the hard slog of countering the McCanns' spinning and lying and have kept their eyes on the facts and achieving justice for Madeleine.  It also means that every time frustration with the McCanns and their dodginess gets too much, I can join in with the discussion.

So with that, what I'm wondering at the moment is how must Gerry be feeling now about half of Europe has been asked to think about the Smith sighting, the sighting that identified him carrying a little girl through the streets of Praia de Luz when his daughter was supposedly being abducted by paedophiles/burglars/charity workers.  Now that Bundleman has been removed from the picture by Scotland Yard, I'm thinking Mr McCann might be feeling more than a little uncomfortable.  Scotland Yard can't be unaware that it was Gerry who was ID'd by the witness when they made this latest appeal for info. 

I really hope the heat is finally on.
Cerinthe - very well put! In a nutshell.

Praiaaa

Posts : 419
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2011-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by galena on 16.10.13 19:57

@Cerinthe wrote:My guess is the results of the police investigation are more likely to have a material effect on the McCanns than a remark on an internet forum.   It would certainly be right for people to worry about the former. 

Gerry and Kate McCann have attempted to control this investigation from day one, with their PR campaigns to ensure that the police were inundated with huge amounts of confusing information, with their efforts to draw in powerful support wherever they could, with Kate's refusal to answer questions put to her by the police investigating her daughter's disappearance, with their and their friends refusal to take part in a forensic reconstruction, and with their flight from Portugal once they were made suspects, instead of staying to continue to take part in the investigation. 

We now appear to have entered a different phase of the case where they are now less able to control its direction.  Their reaction to this new state of affairs, especially Gerry's who throughout has seemed to relish being in control and directing events, is worth examining I feel.
Yes that's my take on it as well.  I think feeling sorry for the McCanns is a little premature they've survived before - remember when they were made arguidos and we all thought they were for it?  They still have plenty of money and powerful friends, I don't think an arrest is imminent any time soon. But - the case has entered another phase with the McCanns no longer able to exert the same control over the media - my guess the real reason is that they made powerful enemies by turning on the press which made them what they are.  Always a mistake to bite the hand that feeds you!

galena

Posts : 286
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by MoonGoddess on 16.10.13 21:37

@sallypelt wrote:
@Garrincha wrote:Folks I am worried thinking about all the about the potential repercussions of what seems to be the endgame. Please keep in mind, with all this heat on, when people feel cornered they can do desperate things, and I really hope precautionary measures are in place.

And, with this in mind, perhaps people here might consider turning away from gleeful-sounding “heat is on” comments towards something more like “in many ways you have shown extraordinary strength so please try now to find the strength within you to resolve all of this for your children’s sake”   
It would have been welcome if the McCann's had shown the same concerns for T Bennett, Robert Murat and Dr Amaral, and all those they either sued or put in the frame.
I personally think that what has transpired since 03 May 2007 is as bad as anything that happened on that day.... any"extraordinary strength" they have shown has been to protect themselves.

I do hope the heat is on them, but I hope that SY are taking every precaution to 'safeguard' those twins... IF we are witnessing a sting like operation, surely they must know the risk to those children

I find it impossible to show compassion for that gruesome twosome.... their charade and the damage it's caused to innocent people is nothing short of wicked and evil.

____________________
Not to help justice in her need would be an impiety ~Plato~

MoonGoddess

Posts : 282
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by plebgate on 16.10.13 21:42

@sallypelt wrote:
@Garrincha wrote:Folks I am worried thinking about all the about the potential repercussions of what seems to be the endgame. Please keep in mind, with all this heat on, when people feel cornered they can do desperate things, and I really hope precautionary measures are in place.

And, with this in mind, perhaps people here might consider turning away from gleeful-sounding “heat is on” comments towards something more like “in many ways you have shown extraordinary strength so please try now to find the strength within you to resolve all of this for your children’s sake”   
It would have been welcome if the McCann's had shown the same concerns for T Bennett, Robert Murat and Dr Amaral, and all those they either sued or put in the frame.
clapping clapping clapping

plebgate

Posts : 5440
Reputation : 1155
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by roy rovers on 16.10.13 23:45

What's the statistical possibility of a man who looks like, walks like, is the same age and build as GM carrying a child who looks like MM not being GM? Then multiply that statistic by the fact that HE WAS WEARING SIDE BUTTONED TROUSERS (in a style I've never seen before or since) just like GM!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck - it's GM!

roy rovers

Posts : 465
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by Cerinthe on 17.10.13 0:01

Exactly Roy.  And if the belief is that they didn't tell the truth and that the dogs are right and there was no abductor, then it stands to reason that they must have done something with Madeleine so she wouldn't be there when the police arrived.  A strong possibility is that what the Smiths saw was Gerry doing exactly that.

Cerinthe

Posts : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by Searcher on 17.10.13 0:26

Looking again at 'the full documentary' with English sub-titles, based on GA's book, it is very interesting to see the comments left in the last couple of hours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_ZdDTsFC2g

Searcher

Posts : 350
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by MoonGoddess on 17.10.13 8:53

@Searcher wrote:Looking again at 'the full documentary' with English sub-titles, based on GA's book, it is very interesting to see the comments left in the last couple of hours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_ZdDTsFC2g
Yes intersting....I wonder how many people have started enlightening themselves since that Panaroma interview

____________________
Not to help justice in her need would be an impiety ~Plato~

MoonGoddess

Posts : 282
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 17.10.13 9:14

@MoonGoddess wrote:
@Searcher wrote:Looking again at 'the full documentary' with English sub-titles, based on GA's book, it is very interesting to see the comments left in the last couple of hours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_ZdDTsFC2g
Yes intersting....I wonder how many people have started enlightening themselves since that Panaroma interview
Judging by the quantity of comments on Yahoo, a great many people have been educating themselves. More so I think since the Yard have disclosed the cost of the investigation. The total money raised by the McLimited Company was published a couple of day ago. We haven't had a total spent by the PJ, but in times when there are pay freezes, cuts and increases in living costs, money is a pretty sensitive subject in the UK now.

It has rankled a great many people that the Mc's seem to be getting this preferential treatment, and as people dart around the net researching, they undoubtedly come across many of the videoclips showing the Mc's extraordinary body language and choice of phrases. Then it becomes clear that the McCanns really aren't that comfortable speaking about it when it is not their own carefully prepared and often repeated scripts. 

When Gerry is asked a question he doesn't like he ALWAYS does a really weird body movement, like he is almost climbing out of his chair , wriggles and squirms before bringing himself into check, then he answers with sneers and smirks. It's dreadful, he really cannot control his very overt body movements when telling a porky.

____________________
The truth will out.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by MoonGoddess on 17.10.13 9:24

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:
@MoonGoddess wrote:
@Searcher wrote:Looking again at 'the full documentary' with English sub-titles, based on GA's book, it is very interesting to see the comments left in the last couple of hours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_ZdDTsFC2g
Yes intersting....I wonder how many people have started enlightening themselves since that Panaroma interview
Judging by the quantity of comments on Yahoo, a great many people have been educating themselves. More so I think since the Yard have disclosed the cost of the investigation. The total money raised by the McLimited Company was published a couple of day ago. We haven't had a total spent by the PJ, but in times when there are pay freezes, cuts and increases in living costs, money is a pretty sensitive subject in the UK now.

It has rankled a great many people that the Mc's seem to be getting this preferential treatment, and as people dart around the net researching, they undoubtedly come across many of the videoclips showing the Mc's extraordinary body language and choice of phrases. Then it becomes clear that the McCanns really aren't that comfortable speaking about it when it is not their own carefully prepared and often repeated scripts. 

When Gerry is asked a question he doesn't like he ALWAYS does a really weird body movement, like he is almost climbing out of his chair , wriggles and squirms before bringing himself into check, then he answers with sneers and smirks. It's dreadful, he really cannot control his very overt body movements when telling a porky.
I think having scoured the internet, he has managed to get his ear tweeking, and nose touching under control sarcastic

____________________
Not to help justice in her need would be an impiety ~Plato~

MoonGoddess

Posts : 282
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by ChippyM on 17.10.13 10:03

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:When Gerry is asked a question he doesn't like he ALWAYS does a really weird body movement, like he is almost climbing out of his chair , wriggles and squirms before bringing himself into check, then he answers with sneers and smirks. It's dreadful, he really cannot control his very overt body movements when telling a porky.
   I'm no expert but when he does that I always thought it seems like he's the kind of person who hates it when people question his authority. It's as if he gets so angry with the person for even daring to ask and the 'shifting' and squirming is an attempt to stifle what he'd really like to do to the person who asked the question!  He can't risk revealing his true personality.

ChippyM

Posts : 908
Reputation : 127
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by tiny on 17.10.13 10:08

More to the point,how worried are the tapas 7

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by Cerinthe on 17.10.13 11:17

Both he and Kate were shifting and squirming like mad when they were talking on Crimewatch about not having their full set of children for family occasions.

Cerinthe

Posts : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by tigger on 17.10.13 11:44

@Cerinthe wrote:Both he and Kate were shifting and squirming like mad when they were talking on Crimewatch about not having their full set of children for family occasions.
I have to rely on a fairly passive family member  for reactions to the programme, as I haven't seen any version so far.

Interesting that the two remarks which stood out for her were the one above and the statement that 'they did nothing wrong'.

I suppose most people with children don't think like that. Imo it's actually the little things that bring a loss home.
 
At least we were saved the Victorian melodrama of Kate entering Maddie's room twice a day to open and close the curtains.... perhaps that's been crossed out.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by plebgate on 17.10.13 11:48

I wake up every morning (as I am sure many, many others do) and miss a very dear loved one who went to sleep years ago.

Even thinking of it now chokes me up.

plebgate

Posts : 5440
Reputation : 1155
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by Sceneset on 17.10.13 11:54

Their replies were very odd and certainly flagged up very odd grieving parental reactions to me. They were asked a question with the assumption that they 'obviously miss Madeleine all the time' or words to that effect, yet they didn't confirm that and stated that they missed her predominantly at special, family occasions when they didn't  have their complete set of children and 'obviously' on her birthday. 
I found it a very odd way to answer the question.
Surely, the majority if parents would confirm the suggestion that they miss her every day, not ignore that part that was begging for affirmation and reply they only missed her at big occasions?
They don't appear to miss her very often then, especially now, six years later as in an interview a week or two after the disappearance they said they were over their grief.

Sceneset

Posts : 66
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by Cerinthe on 17.10.13 12:48

The other time that would be obvious to miss her would be her milestones, like first day of school, first days of term, and the contrast of watching their other children getting older and growing up when Madeleine in their memory will remain permanently three, nearly four.  They didn't mention that either.

Them talking about not having a full set of children, set off the narcissism bells for me again.  Narcissists like events like parties and special occasions where they can show off, so having two children instead of three means less showing off.   It's probably very mean spirited to think that way but its hard not to with the bizarre way they talk about their missing daughter.

Cerinthe

Posts : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by galena on 17.10.13 12:49

@Sceneset wrote:Their replies were very odd and certainly flagged up very odd grieving parental reactions to me. They were asked a question with the assumption that they 'obviously miss Madeleine all the time' or words to that effect, yet they didn't confirm that and stated that they missed her predominantly at special, family occasions when they didn't  have their complete set of children and 'obviously' on her birthday. 
I found it a very odd way to answer the question.
Surely, the majority if parents would confirm the suggestion that they miss her every day, not ignore that part that was begging for affirmation and reply they only missed her at big occasions?
They don't appear to miss her very often then, especially now, six years later as in an interview a week or two after the disappearance they said they were over their grief.
Perhaps with their busy careers they didn't really see her that often except on special family occasions?

galena

Posts : 286
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by Cristobell on 17.10.13 13:00

@MoonGoddess wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@Garrincha wrote:Folks I am worried thinking about all the about the potential repercussions of what seems to be the endgame. Please keep in mind, with all this heat on, when people feel cornered they can do desperate things, and I really hope precautionary measures are in place.

And, with this in mind, perhaps people here might consider turning away from gleeful-sounding “heat is on” comments towards something more like “in many ways you have shown extraordinary strength so please try now to find the strength within you to resolve all of this for your children’s sake”   
It would have been welcome if the McCann's had shown the same concerns for T Bennett, Robert Murat and Dr Amaral, and all those they either sued or put in the frame.
I personally think that what has transpired since 03 May 2007 is as bad as anything that happened on that day.... any"extraordinary strength" they have shown has been to protect themselves.

I do hope the heat is on them, but I hope that SY are taking every precaution to 'safeguard' those twins... IF we are witnessing a sting like operation, surely they must know the risk to those children

I find it impossible to show compassion for that gruesome twosome.... their charade and the damage it's caused to innocent people is nothing short of wicked and evil.
I agree Moongoddess. Crimes since 3rd May every bit as contrived and evil as whatever it was that happened before.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by Sceneset on 17.10.13 13:44

I found this enlightening...

Narcissists Use Their Children as Pawns
Posted Apr 22 2010 8:26am
Narcissists are parents in name only. They exploit their children in a variety of ways. They access which child can become a star---athlethically and academically---and work their potential to the hilt. The narcissist coaxes his child's talent not because he loves this individual but to enhance his own status and proof of his superiority and specialness. The child of the narcissist is a puppet who is taught to play the part that the parent has chosen for him. If he or she doesn't go along with the narcissist's vision, the child is labelled as inferior and discarded


Narcissists are game players with the lives of other human beings, even their own children. The psychological damage they do to their children is incalcuable and unforgiveable. Because the narcissist presents such an attractive facade, many believe, even experts---psychotherpists, attorneys, judges--that they have a fine character. Their extraordinary self confidence and persuasive powers combined with a magnetic charm, win over even the most astute professionals.


Narcissists emboldened in their fight mode will continue these battles until no one is left standing, except them.


Never underestimate the power of narcissistic psychopathology. These individuals, although they have no insight into themselves, can read and act upon the emotional vulnerabilities and psychological weaknesses of others, especially family members. Since they are without conscience and completely ruthless, their goal is always to win the battle, to enhance their ego entitlements, to vanquish their enemies. The welfare of their children is never a sincere consideration in the outcome.


Study the intricacies of the narcissistic personality, recognize that these disorders are fixed and will not change, understand the many ruthless strategies they use to get what they want and recognize that they have staying power. Once they have the bit in their mouth to win, they will not give up.

website:www.thenarcissistinyourlife.com

Sceneset

Posts : 66
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by windchime on 17.10.13 14:01

@Cerinthe wrote:The other time that would be obvious to miss her would be her milestones, like first day of school, first days of term, and the contrast of watching their other children getting older and growing up when Madeleine in their memory will remain permanently three, nearly four.  They didn't mention that either.

Them talking about not having a full set of children, set off the narcissism bells for me again.  Narcissists like events like parties and special occasions where they can show off, so having two children instead of three means less showing off.   It's probably very mean spirited to think that way but its hard not to with the bizarre way they talk about their missing daughter.
And again she talked about her in the past tense

windchime

Posts : 137
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by Guest on 17.10.13 16:23

@roy rovers wrote:What's the statistical possibility of a man who looks like, walks like, is the same age and build as GM carrying a child who looks like MM not being GM? Then multiply that statistic by the fact that HE WAS WEARING SIDE BUTTONED TROUSERS (in a style I've never seen before or since) just like GM!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck - it's GM!
Maybe this explains the duck in the pool/sea scenes in the German 'concocstruction'?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum