The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

How worried will Gerry be now?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How worried will Gerry be now?

Post by Nereid on 17.10.13 17:05

@Portia wrote:
@roy rovers wrote:What's the statistical possibility of a man who looks like, walks like, is the same age and build as GM carrying a child who looks like MM not being GM? Then multiply that statistic by the fact that HE WAS WEARING SIDE BUTTONED TROUSERS (in a style I've never seen before or since) just like GM!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck - it's GM!
Maybe this explains the duck in the pool/sea scenes in the German 'concocstruction'?
laugh

Nereid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 18.10.13 7:25

@tigger wrote:
@Cerinthe wrote:Both he and Kate were shifting and squirming like mad when they were talking on Crimewatch about not having their full set of children for family occasions.
I have to rely on a fairly passive family member  for reactions to the programme, as I haven't seen any version so far.

Interesting that the two remarks which stood out for her were the one above and the statement that 'they did nothing wrong'.

I suppose most people with children don't think like that. Imo it's actually the little things that bring a loss home.

At least we were saved the Victorian melodrama of Kate entering Maddie's room twice a day to open and close the curtains.... perhaps that's been crossed out.
Something's been lost in the repetition, tigger.  

The saintly one said 'We're not the ones that's done something wrong here, it's the person who's gone into that apartment and taken a little girl'.  Can you not feel the heartache in those words? No? Neither could I.

Elsewhere on this forum Portia put it another way which, as far as I recall (bearing in mind I rotfl  when I read her version) was something along the lines of:
They've taken a little girl
A little girl?
What's her name?
Why d'ya wanna know?
For me this succinctly sums up KM's attitude to the loss of her firstborn which, to any sentient being, is uneffingbelievably callous and indifferent.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerinthe on 18.10.13 11:25

The McCann's excuses are pretty much along the lines of "a big boy did it and ran away".

I think Kate feels genuine outrage towards her invented abductor.

Cerinthe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by galena on 18.10.13 11:31

@Cerinthe wrote:The McCann's excuses are pretty much along the lines of "a big boy did it and ran away".

I've often wondered if the whole thing is as much about denial as anything else.

galena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonGoddess on 18.10.13 11:36

@ultimaThule wrote:
@tigger wrote:
@Cerinthe wrote:Both he and Kate were shifting and squirming like mad when they were talking on Crimewatch about not having their full set of children for family occasions.
I have to rely on a fairly passive family member  for reactions to the programme, as I haven't seen any version so far.

Interesting that the two remarks which stood out for her were the one above and the statement that 'they did nothing wrong'.

I suppose most people with children don't think like that. Imo it's actually the little things that bring a loss home.

At least we were saved the Victorian melodrama of Kate entering Maddie's room twice a day to open and close the curtains.... perhaps that's been crossed out.

The saintly one said 'We're not the ones that's done something wrong here, it's the person who's gone into that apartment and taken a little girl'.  Can you not feel the heartache in those words? No? Neither could I.

Elsewhere on this forum Portia put it another way which, as far as I recall (bearing in mind I rotfl  when I read her version) was something along the lines of:
A little girl?
What's her name?
Why d'ya wanna know?
For me this succinctly sums up KM's attitude to the loss of her firstborn which, to any sentient being, is uneffingbelievably callous and indifferent.
the "little girl" that was "taken" does not exist... perhaps it is difficult for them to humanise the daughter that they know is dead.... and IF it was at their hands.... even more difficult to humanise her.... IYKWIM?...

I long for the time when a well respected psychiatrist is explaining their behaviour [especially the leaks in body language] over the last 6 years, it is mind blowing how they can carry on this charade, absolutely mind blowing..... I think they must both take some form of tranquiliser to 'still' them through these interviews.... they both look so wooden...

MoonGoddess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 20.10.13 5:53

@ultimaThule wrote:
@tigger wrote:

A little girl?
What's her name?
Why d'ya wanna know?
I'm hampered by not having a TV.  Accurate quotes happen to other people as far as my family is concerned. 
The Dutch version was quite short, about 30mins.     She also saw the BBC version. 

That remark wasn't in the Dutch version. Pity.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 20.10.13 6:01

Can you not access the programmes and youtube clips on your computer/laptop using the links given on various threads, tigger?

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthandjustice on 20.10.13 12:09

The bottom line is that GM is completely confident that whatever suspicions the police may have, they will never have enough evidence to prove he had any involvement in the disappearance of M - this is what he told the PJ.

Truthandjustice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC on 20.10.13 12:23

@Truthandjustice wrote:The bottom line is that GM is completely confident that whatever suspicions the police may have, they will never have enough evidence to prove he had any involvement in the disappearance of M - this is what he told the PJ.
Well put, and I agree completely.

I don't think Mr and Mrs Mc will be having any squeaky bottom moments. They know they are home and dry legally speaking.

The only thing they can't avoid is karma. It always gets you in the end.

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay

MrsC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 20.10.13 12:24

@Truthandjustice wrote:The bottom line is that GM is completely confident that whatever suspicions the police may have, they will never have enough evidence to prove he had any involvement in the disappearance of M - this is what he told the PJ.
In the early days there's a quote from Gerry to the effect that 'the circumstances are such that I could not physically have been there'. No flies or indeed cadaver odour on him.
Whereas Kate has told us that she was there, she knows what happened.

So Gerry wasn't there and Kate knows.  Dr. Robertss commented on it in one of his articles. Sorry, haven't time to look but will at first opportunity.
Gerry also said on returning to the UK that he played no part in the disappearance of his daughter. Dr. Roberts took this to mean ' no active part' .

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 20.10.13 12:49

@Cerinthe wrote:The McCann's excuses are pretty much along the lines of "a big boy did it and ran away".

I suspect the line between reality and fantasy is not clearcut for one such as KH and that she has transferred her hatred of whoever caused Madeleine to be 'taken' to Dr Amaral who, in her mind, is The Abductor, a man with the power to make KM and her spouse disappear from society.

I also suspect GM's supreme confidence in his ability to command the external world to arrange itself according to his internal plan is not quite as robust as it once was but, nevertheless, he is likely to believe the qualities he most prides himself on, namely, cleverness and artfulness will continue to prevail.

IMO the signs of grief and suffering seen on KM's tortured features which have been much commented on of lat are more likely to be due to her fear of being found out than any expression of genuine feeling for her firstborn.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 20.10.13 13:39

@MrsC wrote:
Well put, and I agree completely.

I don't think Mr and Mrs Mc will be having any squeaky bottom moments. They know they are home and dry legally speaking.

The only thing they can't avoid is karma. It always gets you in the end.
Unless Portugal has a statute of limitation on certain criminal offences, K&G cannot be sure they are exempt from prosecution - and neither can another 4 members of the Tapas 9. 

As they have publicly admitted leaving their 3 year old daughter and her 2 year old twin siblings unattended in an unlocked apartment at night on 5 consecutive occasions, K&G may experience some diffculty in mounting a defence to charges of child abuse and neglect, or the Portuguese equivalent thereof, at this late date

There's also the matter of representatives of the CPS visiting Portugal for purposes other than using their annual leave to holiday in Lisbon and/or the Algarve.

Last sentence removed............ it will be turned into something it is not by the pros

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum