The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 16 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 16 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 16 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 16 Regist10

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 16 Empty Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Harriet94 19.09.13 19:24

Was the term 'car crash' was used on this forum last week to describe what a disaster this trial was for the McCanns?
Harriet94

Activity : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 19.09.13 19:25

russiandoll wrote:tiny, why converse with a sarcastic person like davel?  You asked him a reasonable and straightforward question which was not answered.
because I was right about davel coming from the justice forum:biggrin:
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 19.09.13 19:27

The cackling pros can calm down, all whooping about an Amaral witness being dismissed.
 Ms CN who spoke about the documentary viewing figures was a McCann spokesman at one time.
 The court does not alternate between witnesses for each side.

AR was called by Isabel Duarte, I am almost certain, and was a witness for the McCanns  as was CN.

and had not read  the book or watched the documentary the claimants are complaining about.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 19.09.13 19:27

tiny wrote:
russiandoll wrote:tiny, why converse with a sarcastic person like davel?  You asked him a reasonable and straightforward question which was not answered.
because I was right about davel coming from the justice forum:biggrin:
  Of course you were !

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.09.13 19:34

What an interesting and exhilarating time we are all having!

I do so love to see all these sharp minds belonging to a lot of strangers (to each other) coming together to solve this mystery.

If this Antonio guy has not read dr Amarals book: NO MATTER THE OUTCOME it is a huge moral victory for GA. The guy who so damaged his professional standing has been shown to lack the guts to face up to the consequences of his own misplaced actions and criticisms. He did not want to read 'la Verdad'? No, he was so ashamed of himself that he couldn't. 

Ok, all together now for the next bunch of witlesses!

Can't wait
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 19.09.13 19:38

Portia wrote:What an interesting and exhilarating time we are all having!

I do so love to see all these sharp minds belonging to a lot of strangers (to each other) coming together to solve this mystery.

If this Antonio guy has not read dr Amarals book: NO MATTER THE OUTCOME it is a huge moral victory for GA. The guy who so damaged his professional standing has been shown to lack the guts to face up to the consequences of his own misplaced actions and criticisms. He did not want to read 'la Verdad'? No, he was so ashamed of himself that he couldn't. 

Can't wait
Silent witness? or Witless silence? it's hard to tell the difference.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13385

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 19.09.13 19:44

I doubt that any of the McCann witnesses have read the book.

Not even Kate, she admitted that herself. So how can she (already a basket case) say that her suicidal blackmail is caused by a book she has not read?

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 19.09.13 19:50

lj wrote:I doubt that any of the McCann witnesses have read the book.

Not even Kate, she admitted that herself. So how can she (already a basket case) say that her suicidal blackmail is caused by a book she has not read?

I bet kate has read the book,thats why they got it banned, but now its unbanned
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 19.09.13 20:14

I suspect that all of the McCanns' witnesses who give evidence on oath have not only read Sr Amaral's book, they've gone over it with a fine tooth comb in an effort to find more grist for their fantasies rumour mill.

Madam Kate, however, is another matter. It seems she's too shit scared posh to enter a witness box in a Court of Law and explain how, as you have have observed lj, her alleged thoughts of suicide (ain't that a cardinal sin?) were caused by a book she hasn't read.  Even osmosis has its limits. 

Take heart one and all, there is only another day of drivel to be endured Mr and this time next week we should be reading the testimony of the defendants' witnesses which I trust will be more edifying that than the crap fiction we are subjected to by TM.

But before we get too excited, as this trial is already running half a day late it may run over the allotted time.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 19.09.13 20:15

Spot on!
Portia wrote:What an interesting and exhilarating time we are all having!

Can't wait
Alipio, not Antonio big grin 

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 19.09.13 20:17

MRNOODLES wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
Ayniia wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

"I had an overwhelming urge to swim out across the ocean, as hard and as fast as I could; to swim and swim and swim until I was so far out and so exhausted I could just allow the water to pull me under and relieve me of this torment," she writes. "I wasn't keeping that desire to myself, either. I was shouting it out to anyone who happened to be in the room. Both this urge and the expression of it were, I suppose, an outlet for the crucifying anguish.

"Somehow, inflicting physical pain on myself seemed to be the only possible way of escaping my internal pain."
And everyone in the room was just today's witness... oh dear
Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 24m
Pike on Kate #McCann suicidal thoughts: `I think I was the only person she shared this with.'

ooops
One large McS**t with extra lies.
Now you know that's not good for your health, you should eat a proper meal. May I recommend the sea bass.titter 
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.09.13 20:24

bobbin wrote:
MRNOODLES wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
Ayniia wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

"I had an overwhelming urge to swim out across the ocean, as hard and as fast as I could; to swim and swim and swim until I was so far out and so exhausted I could just allow the water to pull me under and relieve me of this torment," she writes. "I wasn't keeping that desire to myself, either. I was shouting it out to anyone who happened to be in the room. Both this urge and the expression of it were, I suppose, an outlet for the crucifying anguish.

"Somehow, inflicting physical pain on myself seemed to be the only possible way of escaping my internal pain."
And everyone in the room was just today's witness... oh dear
Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 24m
Pike on Kate #McCann suicidal thoughts: `I think I was the only person she shared this with.'

ooops
One large McS**t with extra lies.
Now you know that's not good for your health, you should eat a proper meal. May I recommend the sea bass.titter 
Nah, much prefer food child friendly toppings big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.09.13 20:27

Don't be silly. I distinctly remember Kate once said that they "might" have had pasta ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.09.13 20:28

Viv@anotherviv 50m
The unanswered question of what happened to Madeleine #McCann at root of court battle http://portuguese-american-journal.com/lisbon-madeleine-mccanns-parents-e1-million-libel-action-portugal/ … via @PortAmerJournal
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 19.09.13 20:30

THE MOTHER OF missing British girl Madeleine McCann has had suicidal thoughts, a psychologist told a Portuguese court hearing a libel case against the author of a book on her daughter’s disappearance.
Alan Pike was testifying on the psychological distress suffered by Kate McCann since the publication of a book in July 2008 by Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral on Madeleine’s disappearance.
Then three-years-old, Madeleine went missing as the family holidayed on the Algarve. Amaral’s book advances the theory that Madeleine died accidentally and that her parents were implicated in her death.
The McCanns have strongly denied the accusations and say the former inspector’s claims have hampered the search for their daughter and exacerbated the anguish suffered by her relatives.
“She says she spent a few days in tears. Kate talks about not being around anymore, and refers to killing herself as an option,” Pike told the court.
McCann was not present for the hearing.
He added: “I deduced an indication of how she felt rather than something she would ever intend to do.”
Pike first met the McCanns two days after Madeleine’s 3 May 2007 disappearance, when he offered them psychological support. He has been in touch with them ever since.
The libel suit began last Thursday, but proceedings were halted on the second day of the hearing as the court was due to hear evidence from members of the McCann family.
“The judge had a problem. We are going to propose that the witnesses give their testimonies in written form so they do not have to return from Britain again, but it is not certain that this will be accepted by the court,” a lawyer for the McCann family told AFP last Friday.
The testimony of family members, such as Kate’s mother Susan Halley, has been postponed.
The family is seeking €1.2 million in damages.
The McCanns  tried to ban the book but were unsuccessful. It was taken off sale but is now back on the shelves.
British police said in August they were opening their own investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance. She was just a few days short of her fourth birthday when she vanished. Her parents believe she was kidnapped and is still alive.
http://www.thejournal.ie/kate-mccann-madeleine-court-case-1091780-Sep2013/
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 19.09.13 20:34

sallypelt wrote:THE MOTHER OF missing British girl Madeleine McCann has had suicidal thoughts, a psychologist told a Portuguese court hearing a libel case against the author of a book on her daughter’s disappearance.
Alan Pike was testifying on the psychological distress suffered by Kate McCann since the publication of a book in July 2008 by Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral on Madeleine’s disappearance.
Then three-years-old, Madeleine went missing as the family holidayed on the Algarve. Amaral’s book advances the theory that Madeleine died accidentally and that her parents were implicated in her death.
The McCanns have strongly denied the accusations and say the former inspector’s claims have hampered the search for their daughter and exacerbated the anguish suffered by her relatives.
“She says she spent a few days in tears. Kate talks about not being around anymore, and refers to killing herself as an option,” Pike told the court.
McCann was not present for the hearing.
He added: “I deduced an indication of how she felt rather than something she would ever intend to do.”
Pike first met the McCanns two days after Madeleine’s 3 May 2007 disappearance, when he offered them psychological support. He has been in touch with them ever since.
The libel suit began last Thursday, but proceedings were halted on the second day of the hearing as the court was due to hear evidence from members of the McCann family.
“The judge had a problem. We are going to propose that the witnesses give their testimonies in written form so they do not have to return from Britain again, but it is not certain that this will be accepted by the court,” a lawyer for the McCann family told AFP last Friday.
The testimony of family members, such as Kate’s mother Susan Halley, has been postponed.
The family is seeking €1.2 million in damages.
The McCanns  tried to ban the book but were unsuccessful. It was taken off sale but is now back on the shelves.
British police said in August they were opening their own investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance. She was just a few days short of her fourth birthday when she vanished. Her parents believe she was kidnapped and is still alive.
http://www.thejournal.ie/kate-mccann-madeleine-court-case-1091780-Sep2013/

So  KM wasn't present, and  Ma Healy's time in the box has been "postponed". Oh dear!
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 19.09.13 20:36

Odd that Clarence Mitchell is not a witness. Perhaps tomorrow.  He met Kate millions of times before and after the book. He could witnesse how guilty Amaral is.  Probably he does not want to burn his fingers because he wants to become a politician  and he could lose political support.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 19.09.13 20:39

marconi wrote:Odd that Clarence Mitchell is not a witness. Perhaps tomorrow.  He met Kate millions of times before and after the book. He could witnesse how guilty Amaral is.  Probably he does not want to burn his fingers because he wants to become a politicion (?) and he could lose political support.
What I find strange is all those giving evidence for the McCann's DIDN'T know them before Madeleine went missing, and most of them are paid by the McCann's.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 19.09.13 20:44

tasprin wrote:
Montclair wrote:
russiandoll wrote:latest tweets from Jerry Lawton re libel trial  :

1.   Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 1m

2. Kate #McCann spent `many days in tears sobbing about the injustice being done to Madeleine' by people who should have been looking for her

Sounds like he's there to repeat the McCanns mantra 'nobody looking'.

3. LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 16 Jerry_normalJerry Lawton@JerryLawton 2m

4. Kate #McCann experienced `secondary trauma' due to Amaral's claims which could be `more profound' than `primary trauma' of disappearance  

How could the psychological affects of a critical book be more profoundly traumatic than the loss of a child ?  

5. LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 16 Jerry_normalJerry Lawton@JerryLawton 6m

Kate #McCann contemplated suicide over Goncalo Amaral's book claims she covered up daughter Madeleine's death, psychologist tells court

Why would she consider suicide because of a book if she thought her daughter was still alive? That is the crux of the matter

So the psychologist is telling us that the trauma was greater when her reputation was questioned than when her daughter disappeared.
What was his fee for appearing as an expert witness?

Very good points from all contributors.

If I had been in her position and thought that the senior policeman who investigated my daughter's disappearance did not believe what I was telling him, then I might well have said the same thing to a psychologist. This would be bound to be brought out in any court case imo.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 19.09.13 20:52

The McCanns firstly chose the battle, then chose the battlefield and then chose the terms of engagement (i.e. not a closed hearing) and how does any of this find justice for Madeleine?

This is a snip from Len Port's report in Portuguese American Journal

http://portuguese-american-journal.com/lisbon-madeleine-mccanns-parents-e1-million-libel-action-portugal/

"Many strongly believe the McCanns have been shamefully treated. Many others equally strongly believe Amaral has similarly suffered."

Lots of people have suffered. The one who suffered the most is Madeleine Beth McCann and it wasn't anyone's fault but her own parents that she was left alone night after night. So why don't the McCanns just bin this litigious crap and get on with finding their daughter and being grateful they have two healthy children who weren't 'abducted' at the same time and just disappear from the media spotlight that they so desperately seek as and when it suits them.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 19.09.13 20:53

Harriet94 wrote:Was the term 'car crash' was used on this forum last week to describe what a disaster this trial was for the McCanns?

ha ha ha. I think you are right Harriet94. ha ha.

and they wonder why the are losing readers.clapping clapping clapping big grin Mr Mrs 
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 19.09.13 20:54

Alan Pike, MW trauma psychologist was on the job at 6 am on Saturday the 5th.
....he told us we seemed like model parents .. Alan was and remains a saviour.

From the book, chapter 7.

splat

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 19.09.13 20:59

So we now have Trickey, Dickie (detective Edgar) and Pike all witnesses and all billing the Fund?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 19.09.13 21:01

Alipio Ribeiro got away with the issue by saying he did not read the book neither saw the documentary.

He is loyal to Amaral and to the PJ and it is possible that he left the tunnel already.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 19.09.13 21:11

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
plebgate wrote:All they need now is for that man who made the youtube vid lifting the pillow through the window to see how easy it would have been to abduct Maddie in under a minute to turn up as a witness.

I am still laughing my butt of at that.

titter titter titter 

I haven't seen that video. Can you please link to it? Thanks yes 
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t7709-one-minute-and-twenty-seconds
Thanks a lot NFWTD roses 

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the absurdity of the reenactment bigshock 
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top