The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 2 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 2 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 2 Regist10

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 2 Empty Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by sallypelt 11.09.13 22:40

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 2 _h353_w628_m6_otrue_lfalseIt is unclear which family members will give evidence but Mrs McCann's cousin Michael Wright will appear in court at some point during the legal fight. Private investigator Dave Edgar, who assisted with the search for the missing child, is also part of proceedings.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 11.09.13 22:43

candyfloss wrote:Here's the story............

September 11, 2013 9:30 pm
Kate McCann to attend libel case

The mother of missing Madeleine McCann is expected to attend a Portuguese court for the start of the family's libel action against a former local police chief.

Kate McCann will be accompanied by her mother Susan Healy for the first hearing of the case against Goncalo Amaral who published a book making allegations about the three-year-old's disappearance.

More on link.......
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2013/09/11/kate-mccann-to-attend-libel-case/
from the above: 'The libel case will be heard on Thursday and Friday. It will then be adjourned until next Thursday when the court will sit again for two days. A final hearing is expected on Friday 27. The judgment is expected to be deferred''

How long we have to wait for the judgement?
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.13 22:43

I thought you must be talking about a picture of Gerry, Portia!

It's clearly intended to create the impression that this is the effect that the dastardly sardine munchers have had on her. It's as fake and phony as everything about her.

Accompanied apparently by her equally awful mother - what a dreadful combination!

And as for Dave Edgar..........daft1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 11.09.13 22:45

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I thought you must be talking about a picture of Gerry, Portia!

It's clearly intended to create the impression that this is the effect that the dastardly sardine munchers have had on her. It's as fake and phony as everything about her.

Accompanied apparently by her equally awful mother - what a dreadful combination!
I agree 100%
tasprin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.13 22:47

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 23m
#madeleine Ex-cop Goncalo Amaral defends McCann libel action in Lisbon tomorrow and is expected to ask judge to hold hearing in private.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.13 22:48

Just thought about it for a minute or two:

Why publish this horrible picture of KM?

Who took it?

Who gave it to the Express/media?

What did he/she think to gain with depicting KH as a middle aged wreck?

Follow the money: who benefits? 

Kevin, where are you when we need you?

PS: why did the woman allow herself to be seen like this? 

Oops! To impress her suffering upon the unsuspecting sardine munching Court?

Heaven forbid! Surely? Or not?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.13 22:49

candyfloss wrote:martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 23m
#madeleine Ex-cop Goncalo Amaral defends McCann libel action in Lisbon tomorrow and is expected to ask judge to hold hearing in private.
I can't believe that Goncalo wants it private???????????? what
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.13 22:51

If Brunt is right and Dr. Amaral would want to have the case behind closed doors ... could that be, because things developing there could otherwise "harm" the ongoing investigation?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.13 22:53

candyfloss wrote:
candyfloss wrote:martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 23m
I can't believe that Goncalo wants it private???????????? what
I can

Dr Amaral is an honourable man

He may want to shield Kate McCann Healy from public destruction, if nobody else will
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.13 22:59

Good grief.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 11.09.13 23:03

Mrs McCann, who is travelling to Portugal for the hearing, could have been called as a witness but is not expected to give evidence. Instead, a number of relatives will appear in the witness box.
Interesting. Wonder who the rellies are?
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 11.09.13 23:14

I wonder if they will ask Edgar if he is still looking for the hellish lair ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 11.09.13 23:40

Mrs McCann made a last minute decision to attend the first day of the civil case and is expected to give a statement outside court

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10303083/Kate-McCann-faces-former-police-chief-in-1m-libel-trial-over-Madeleines-disappearance.html
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 11.09.13 23:46

sallypelt wrote:LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 2 _h353_w628_m6_otrue_lfalseIt is unclear which family members will give evidence but Mrs McCann's cousin Michael Wright will appear in court at some point during the legal fight. Private investigator Dave Edgar, who assisted with the search for the missing child, is also part of proceedings.
I've had another look at that photo and I think it was taken a few months ago, around the time of the anniversary. It's by Press Association photographer, John Stillwell .

Here is another which imo was taken the same day
LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 2 Article_76b305907abf9d0a_1372941493_9j-4aaqsk
tasprin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.13 23:56

tasprin wrote:
sallypelt wrote:LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 2 _h353_w628_m6_otrue_lfalseIt is unclear which family members will give evidence but Mrs McCann's cousin Michael Wright will appear in court at some point during the legal fight. Private investigator Dave Edgar, who assisted with the search for the missing child, is also part of proceedings.
I've had another look at that photo and I think it was taken a few months ago, around the time of the anniversary. It's by Press Association photographer, John Stillwell .

Here is another which imo was taken the same day
LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 2 Article_76b305907abf9d0a_1372941493_9j-4aaqsk
thumbsup
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.13 0:06

sallypelt wrote:Mrs McCann made a last minute decision to attend the first day of the civil case and is expected to give a statement outside court

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10303083/Kate-McCann-faces-former-police-chief-in-1m-libel-trial-over-Madeleines-disappearance.html
Let me see if I can get this right.

SY told her -allegedly- not to mess up their search prospects in Portugal by travelling there while their investigation is ongoing?

She goes anyway -> messing up their search?

The Court case is about winning EUR 1 million. She wants to win EUR 1 million -> she visits the court?

Summary:

In order to get (even more) money, she willfully and consciously spoils SY's chances to find her child?

Please tell me where I missed the bend in the road: I think I am going ballistic
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 12.09.13 0:18

Portia wrote:
sallypelt wrote:Mrs McCann made a last minute decision to attend the first day of the civil case and is expected to give a statement outside court

Let me see if I can get this right.

SY told her -allegedly- not to mess up their search prospects in Portugal by travelling there while their investigation is ongoing?

She goes anyway -> messing up their search?

The Court case is about winning EUR 1 million. She wants to win EUR 1 million -> she visits the court?

Summary:

In order to get (even more) money, she willfully and consciously spoils SY's chances to find her child?

Please tell me where I missed the bend in the road: I think I am going ballistic
Good innit!
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13360

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 12.09.13 0:27

Their ludicrous PR is twisting themselves in knots. SY supposedly said they didn't want the McCanns to go because they feared it would give Goncalo Amaral a platform and cause a media circus. But, now Kate McCann has completely and utterly ignored SY (if they said it, it's a V sign to them) and made a last minute decision to go anyway because her lawyers have advised that one or both parents should be there. You know what, I don't believe a word of it. They had already decided not to attend in 2012 and even tried to avoid this trial altogether by requesting an out of court settlement months ago. Amaral did not back down despite the pressure and now that it has got this far, they have to face the fact that it's not as cut dried as they've pretended, so KM and the relatives have decided to ditch the videolink testimonies and attend in person because they know it will elicit more sympathy. They also heard Goncalo Amaral was to speak outside the court and could not be outdone. Gerry McCann said it was a war of attrition.
tasprin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 12.09.13 0:31

tasprin wrote:Their ludicrous PR is twisting themselves in knots. SY supposedly said they didn't want the McCanns to go because they feared it would give Goncalo Amaral a platform and cause a media circus. But, now Kate McCann has completely and utterly ignored SY (if they said it, it's a V sign to them) and made a last minute decision to go anyway because her lawyers have advised that one or both parents should be there. You know what, I don't believe a word of it. They had already decided not to attend in 2012 and even tried to avoid this trial altogether by requesting an out of court settlement months ago. Amaral did not back down despite the pressure and now that it has got this far, they have to face the fact that it's not as cut dried as they've pretended, so KM and the relatives have decided to ditch the videolink testimonies and attend in person because they know it will elicit more sympathy. They also heard Goncalo Amaral was to speak outside the court and could not be outdone. Gerry McCann said it was a war of attrition.
Kate makes a last minute decision.....big grin big grin big grin
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 12.09.13 0:43

So, their lawyers advice takes precedence over the advice from Operation Grange, the SY team investigating their daughter's disappearance.
tasprin

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop 12.09.13 0:45

Châtelaine wrote:If Brunt is right and Dr. Amaral would want to have the case behind closed doors ... could that be, because things developing there could otherwise "harm" the ongoing investigation?
I agree that sounds plausible. In which case... I am further optimistic about the investigation ppcorn pop2
loopzdaloop
loopzdaloop

Activity : 481

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.09.13 0:49

Their lawyer Isabel Duarte is expected to set out the case - on behalf of Mrs McCann, her husband Gerry and their twins Sean and Amelie, now eight - at Lisbon's civil court.

Originally the writ was in the names of the McCanns and their THREE children, not, as now, just TWO.
So poor Madeleine is 'forgotten' AGAIN!

Dave Edgar has probably never stayed in a FIVE star hotel before so maybe Kate thought she'd treat him.
Only in FIVE star hotel because it is 'convieniently' near the court room, you understand.

As for the sardine muncher, which one would that be?
GA or Kate McCann?
Kate McCann arguida statement....."Dinner began around 9PM, and she thinks the nine adults were at the table. She (Kate McCann) ate steak and maybe sardines."
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 12.09.13 1:03

jeanmonroe wrote:Their lawyer Isabel Duarte is expected to set out the case - on behalf of Mrs McCann, her husband Gerry and their twins Sean and Amelie, now eight - at Lisbon's civil court.

Originally the writ was in the names of the McCanns and their THREE children, not, as now, just TWO.
So poor Madeleine is 'forgotten' AGAIN!

Dave Edgar has probably never stayed in a FIVE star hotel before so maybe Kate thought she'd treat him.
Only in FIVE star hotel because it is 'convieniently' near the court room, you understand.

As for the sardine muncher, which one would that be?
GA or Kate McCann?
Kate McCann arguida statement....."Dinner began around 9PM, and she thinks the nine adults were at the table. She (Kate McCann) ate steak and maybe sardines."
"Sod the sardines Dave, push the boat out and order the sea bass. Our Sean loves it, developed quite a taste for it after Maddie Madeleine was abucted"

Just joshing.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 12.09.13 1:08

Watching her coming inside the plane, she aged a lot.  Very thin and very old.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 12.09.13 1:15

marconi wrote:Watching her coming inside the plane, she aged a lot.  Very thin and very old.
 Portia made a very good observation.

Now why do you suppose someone was sitting poised with a camera at the ready in the front seats of the plane to take a photograph of Kate boarding if it weren't a planned photo opportunity to be immediately given to the Press? Of course it could have been a representative of the Press, but Kate made a 'last minute decision' to go didn't she?

Croque merde.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top