The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by marconi on 12.09.13 1:29

Possibly the photographer saw Kate checking in or at the gate and he prepared himself to take the photo.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Newintown on 12.09.13 1:33

@aquila wrote:
@tasprin wrote:Their ludicrous PR is twisting themselves in knots. SY supposedly said they didn't want the McCanns to go because they feared it would give Goncalo Amaral a platform and cause a media circus. But, now Kate McCann has completely and utterly ignored SY (if they said it, it's a V sign to them) and made a last minute decision to go anyway because her lawyers have advised that one or both parents should be there. You know what, I don't believe a word of it. They had already decided not to attend in 2012 and even tried to avoid this trial altogether by requesting an out of court settlement months ago. Amaral did not back down despite the pressure and now that it has got this far, they have to face the fact that it's not as cut dried as they've pretended, so KM and the relatives have decided to ditch the videolink testimonies and attend in person because they know it will elicit more sympathy. They also heard Goncalo Amaral was to speak outside the court and could not be outdone. Gerry McCann said it was a war of attrition.
Kate makes a last minute decision.....big grin big grin big grin
If the truth be known Kate McCann has probably been ordered to attend the trial by the Court, if not both parents than one should be in attendance I would think, how can you try a case when the people who brought the case in the first place are missing?

We all know how the McCanns' "spin machine on full cycle" spins everything to the McCanns advantage whether it's good news or bad news, it's always made to look good for the McCanns whether it is or not.

I have everything crossed for Goncalo for the following week or two and hope for a very good outcome for him at the end.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by sallypelt on 12.09.13 2:00

McCann libel case against ex-detective set to begin
The family claim the book turned Portugese public opinion against them.


No, THEIR LIES TURNED PUBLIC OPINION AGAINST THEM, NOT THE TRUTH OF AMARAL'S BOOK!


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24057163

sallypelt

Posts : 3303
Reputation : 522
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by jeanmonroe on 12.09.13 2:23

Their lawyer Isabel Duarte is expected to set out the case - on behalf of Mrs McCann, her husband Gerry and their twins Sean and Amelie, now eight - at Lisbon's civil court.
______________________________________________________________________

16 May 2009
In a statement, Kate and Gerry McCann said: "We - together with our three children Madeleine, Sean and Amelie - are taking this legal action against Goncalo Amaral over his entirely unfounded and grossly defamatory claims
__________________________________________________

Am i missing something here?
Have they forgotten about wee Madeleine already,,,AGAIN?
___________________________________________________________________
The article in the Yorkshire Evening Post (mccannfiles.com) indicates "...Mr. Mcann will not attend the hearing and will instead stay at the family home in Rothley, Leicestershire, to look after the children....."

Pity he wasn't doing that, in apartment 5A, PDL,when he had THREE children.!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Newintown on 12.09.13 2:28

@sallypelt wrote:McCann libel case against ex-detective set to begin
The family claim the book turned Portugese public opinion against them.


No, THEIR LIES TURNED PUBLIC OPINION AGAINST THEM, NOT THE TRUTH OF AMARAL'S BOOK!


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24057163
How do they know, did they do a poll of all the Portugese people?  I think they're clutching at straws on that one.  Why would the Portugese people care about the McCanns and their predicament anyway, they lost Madeleine not the Portugese people.

Talk about passing the buck on to all and sundry but putting no blame whatsoever on themselves.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by jeanmonroe on 12.09.13 2:37

@Newintown wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:McCann libel case against ex-detective set to begin
The family claim the book turned Portugese public opinion against them.


No, THEIR LIES TURNED PUBLIC OPINION AGAINST THEM, NOT THE TRUTH OF AMARAL'S BOOK!


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24057163
How do they know, did they do a poll of all the Portugese people?  I think they're clutching at straws on that one.  Why would the Portugese people care about the McCanns and their predicament anyway, they lost Madeleine not the Portugese people.

Talk about passing the buck on to all and sundry but putting no blame whatsoever on themselves.
And conveniently 'forgetting' the cat whistles and booing when they were made arguida/arguido by family orientated ordinary Portuguese people a long, long time BEFORE GA put pen to paper!
Did GA tell THEM to 'boo' at K&G
I don't think so!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Newintown on 12.09.13 2:48

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@Newintown wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:McCann libel case against ex-detective set to begin
The family claim the book turned Portugese public opinion against them.


No, THEIR LIES TURNED PUBLIC OPINION AGAINST THEM, NOT THE TRUTH OF AMARAL'S BOOK!


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24057163
How do they know, did they do a poll of all the Portugese people?  I think they're clutching at straws on that one.  Why would the Portugese people care about the McCanns and their predicament anyway, they lost Madeleine not the Portugese people.

Talk about passing the buck on to all and sundry but putting no blame whatsoever on themselves.
And conveniently 'forgetting' the cat whistles and booing when they were made arguida/arguido by family orientated ordinary Portuguese people a long, long time BEFORE GA put pen to paper!
Yes, of course, that was when they were taken in for questioning.   The Portugese seem to have been sick to death of them by then (as no doubt the McCanns and their chums had already ruined the local people's livelihoods and the tourist industry in the area) and that was some time before GA wrote his book, as you say.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by aiyoyo on 12.09.13 3:59

@aquila wrote:
@tasprin wrote:Their ludicrous PR is twisting themselves in knots. SY supposedly said they didn't want the McCanns to go because they feared it would give Goncalo Amaral a platform and cause a media circus. But, now Kate McCann has completely and utterly ignored SY (if they said it, it's a V sign to them) and made a last minute decision to go anyway because her lawyers have advised that one or both parents should be there. You know what, I don't believe a word of it. They had already decided not to attend in 2012 and even tried to avoid this trial altogether by requesting an out of court settlement months ago. Amaral did not back down despite the pressure and now that it has got this far, they have to face the fact that it's not as cut dried as they've pretended, so KM and the relatives have decided to ditch the videolink testimonies and attend in person because they know it will elicit more sympathy. They also heard Goncalo Amaral was to speak outside the court and could not be outdone. Gerry McCann said it was a war of attrition.
Kate makes a last minute decision.....big grin big grin big grin
Goof Innit?
Like just her last min decision to answer only question nr.49.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by aiyoyo on 12.09.13 4:35

@PeterMac wrote:I wonder if they will ask Edgar if he is still looking for the hellish lair ?

He's probably still is - searching on google maps from his pigeons observation post on a cliff?

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by aiyoyo on 12.09.13 5:15

Kate McCann faces former police chief in £1m libel trial over Madeleine's disappearance
Kate McCann will come face to face with the former police chief she and her husband Gerry accuse of hampering the search for their missing daughter Madeleine when their libel case against him starts in Lisbon on Thursday.

Kate McCann, mother of missing Madeleine McCann Photo: John Stillwell/PA Wire
By Fiona Govan, Lisbon11:27PM BST 11 Sep 2013
Mrs McCann's attendance in court is understood to be against the advice of Scotland Yard detectives who are attempting to launch their own investigation in the Algarve to try to solve the six-year mystery.
The couple are suing disgraced detective Goncalo Amaral for £1 million over allegations he made about the fate of Madeleine, who disappeared from an apartment in Praia da Luz shortly before her fourth birthday in May, 2007.
It is feared that her presence in Portugal will provoke a media circus and further aggravate Portuguese authorities as the Scotland Yard team seek cooperation to carry out their own inquiries on Portuguese soil.
A source said: "Because of the sensitivity of the situation, police don't want the McCanns anywhere near the country because they fear it could turn into a media circus.
"The Met police are worried it will create a bigger platform for Mr Amaral and his supporters to spout more bile and could damage their own inquiries in the country.

"It will be bad enough having all the old allegations dragged up again and repeated. No doubt Mr Amaral will want to say his bit outside the court and it will all flare up again. It will not be helpful for the Yard."

Neither Mr nor Mrs McCann from Rothley, Leicestershire, are due to give evidence in the libel trial against Mr Amaral, who headed the initial investigation into their daughter's disappearance which led to the couple being named as suspects.
Instead, Dave Edgar, a private investigator hired by the family to search for Madeleine and Michael Wright, husband of Mrs McCann's cousin Anne-Marie, will tell the hearing how Mr Amaral's "poisonous lies" have nearly destroyed the family.
However, Mrs McCann made a last minute decision to attend the first day of the civil case and is expected to give a statement outside court.
A source close to the couple said yesterday: "She doesn't particularly want to see again the man who has heaped so much extra pain on her family. But her lawyers felt that one of Madeleine's parents, if not both, should be there in person. Kate agreed to go while Gerry is busy working and looking after the twins. She is not expected to be giving evidence but will be sitting in the court room." The McCanns, who are both 45, were finally cleared in July 2008, when the Portuguese police investigation was shelved for lack of evidence.
But the following month, Mr Amaral who was sacked from the investigation and has since left the police force, published a book accusing them of faking their daughter's abduction to cover up her death in the apartment.
In 2010, they won a court battle in Lisbon to ban sales of the book entitled "The truth of the Lie", a ruling that was overturned later that year.
Mr McCann, a heart specialist and Mrs McCann, a former GP, are now seeking damages for themselves and their twins, Sean and Amelie plus further damages for the harm caused to the search for Madeleine, who would now be ten years old.
In a 36-page writ, first lodged in June 2009, they describe Mr Amaral as a self obsessed, manipulative money-grabber and accuse him of libel and breaching their human rights.
In July Scotland Yard announced a full-scale investigation into the girl's disappearance after identifying 38 potential new suspects and said they had requested assistance from Portugal's Policia Judiciaria.
A team of 37 detectives has spent the last two years examining thousands of documents, witness statements and evidence reports as part of a government funded review of the case ordered by Prime Minister David Cameron.
Pinky's been busy....

The media is still very much in the pocket of the Mccanns.

I think Kate being photographed boarding the plane is no accident.
A press member must have been notified in advance and gone on the same flight ...

The UK media/press are being used again for purpose......

So many witnesses on their side but the only one that should matter most 'to the belief Maddie is alive and held in a hellish lair, Dave Edgar, didnt search the 10miles radius PDL lawless village ......

Notice the usual family members were not wheeled out as witnesses.


aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by lj on 12.09.13 6:06

@Portia wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Here's the story............
 
 
September 11, 2013 9:30 pm
Kate McCann to attend libel case
 
The mother of missing Madeleine McCann is expected to attend a Portuguese court for the start of the family's libel action against a former local police chief.
 
Kate McCann will be accompanied by her mother Susan Healy for the first hearing of the case against Goncalo Amaral who published a book making allegations about the three-year-old's disappearance.
 
 
More on link.......
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2013/09/11/kate-mccann-to-attend-libel-case/
How awful this picture: it has dr McCann sporting whiskers, a beard and a lot of pimples. It is very, very unflattering. Wonder how this came about.
It is the face of an anorexia patient. Even the yelllowish/orangy discoloration of the skin is there. In the crying video she also looks very anorexic. It might have played in the past too: anorexia is a frequent cause of infertility.

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3275
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by lj on 12.09.13 6:07

@Portia wrote:Just thought about it for a minute or two:

Why publish this horrible picture of KM?

Who took it?

Who gave it to the Express/media?

What did he/she think to gain with depicting KH as a middle aged wreck?

Follow the money: who benefits? 

Kevin, where are you when we need you?

PS: why did the woman allow herself to be seen like this? 

Oops! To impress her suffering upon the unsuspecting sardine munching Court?

Heaven forbid! Surely? Or not?
I think it is meant as a "see what Amaral did to me" statement.

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3275
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by lj on 12.09.13 6:11

candyfloss wrote:
candyfloss wrote:martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 23m
#madeleine Ex-cop Goncalo Amaral defends McCann libel action in Lisbon tomorrow and is expected to ask judge to hold hearing in private.
I can't believe that Goncalo wants it private???????????? what
Could it be because some of his witnesses will give "sensitive" information. Remember the time the British cop, his name escaped me and I am too tired to think, was going to testify in one of the earlier hearings and then did not get permission to go? I can imagine that now he might have permission to testify, but only behind closed doors.

I just wonder of the decision to keep it behind closed doors is the reason Kate came?


____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3275
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by lj on 12.09.13 6:17

@tasprin wrote:So, their lawyers advice takes precedence over the advice from Operation Grange, the SY team investigating their daughter's disappearance.
Completely in line with their decision to publish the coloboma against advice of the Portuguese police.

from jeanmonroe:

Am i missing something here?
Have they forgotten about wee Madeleine already,,,AGAIN?
___________________________________________________________________
The article in the Yorkshire Evening Post (mccannfiles.com) indicates "...Mr. Mcann will not attend the hearing and will instead stay at the family home in Rothley, Leicestershire, to look after the children....."

Pity he wasn't doing that, in apartment 5A, PDL,when he had THREE children.!
All so true!

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3275
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by aiyoyo on 12.09.13 6:35

@Portia wrote:Just thought about it for a minute or two:

Why publish this horrible picture of KM?

Perhaps to make a statement -  show her anguished radically aged face because of what the book did to her, conveniently forgetting this woman states explicitly so publicly she was able to sleep well shortly after her daughter disappeared and  was able to get on with life.

Who took it?
 Probably an old photo journalist dug out from old archives.  But the photo of her boarding the plane must have been by a journalist  tipped by Pinky

Who gave it to the Express/media?

 Doesn't matter. It's not a photo showing a cheerful look, so she wont care.....it suits her purpose..

What did he/she think to gain with depicting KH as a middle aged wreck?
 Well, she IS a middle-aged wreck, when not airbrushed.

Follow the money: who benefits? 

Kevin, where are you when we need you?

HEllo Kevin!

PS: why did the woman allow herself to be seen like this? 

Well, she cant help her wrinkled leathery distorted face - that's what one becomes when one is bitter, hell bent on destroying an innocent man.  
Oops! To impress her suffering upon the unsuspecting sardine munching Court?

Heaven forbid! Surely? Or not?

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by lj on 12.09.13 6:50

@Cristobell wrote:She is indeed - there is a pic on twitter, but alas do not know how to c/p, and wearing two good quality wristbands.  I would imagine Goncalo Amaral stepping out into the limelight has irked her.  It will be an interesting few days.  Should add, if at all possible, Gerry has gone down even further in my estimation, if he is letting her face it alone.  


I have done a blog wishing Goncalo good luck tomorrow:   http://cristobell.blogspot.co.uk/
Just remembering everyone that they can help by sending some donation to Paulo Jorge Sargento dos Santos (The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified) Email: projectojustica@gmail.com. This is when you use paypal. I believe there is a bankaccount too, but I don't know those specifics.

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3275
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by plebgate on 12.09.13 7:04

@tasprin wrote:Their ludicrous PR is twisting themselves in knots. SY supposedly said they didn't want the McCanns to go because they feared it would give Goncalo Amaral a platform and cause a media circus. But, now Kate McCann has completely and utterly ignored SY (if they said it, it's a V sign to them) and made a last minute decision to go anyway because her lawyers have advised that one or both parents should be there. You know what, I don't believe a word of it. They had already decided not to attend in 2012 and even tried to avoid this trial altogether by requesting an out of court settlement months ago. Amaral did not back down despite the pressure and now that it has got this far, they have to face the fact that it's not as cut dried as they've pretended, so KM and the relatives have decided to ditch the videolink testimonies and attend in person because they know it will elicit more sympathy. They also heard Goncalo Amaral was to speak outside the court and could not be outdone. Gerry McCann said it was a war of attrition.
I agree with this post - Kevin still reads this forum it appears.


plebgate

Posts : 5444
Reputation : 1159
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by plebgate on 12.09.13 7:19

@jeanmonroe wrote:Their lawyer Isabel Duarte is expected to set out the case - on behalf of Mrs McCann, her husband Gerry and their twins Sean and Amelie, now eight - at Lisbon's civil court.
______________________________________________________________________

16 May 2009
In a statement, Kate and Gerry McCann said: "We - together with our three children Madeleine, Sean and Amelie - are taking this legal action against Goncalo Amaral over his entirely unfounded and grossly defamatory claims
__________________________________________________

Am i missing something here?
Have they forgotten about wee Madeleine already,,,AGAIN?

___________________________________________________________________
The article in the Yorkshire Evening Post (mccannfiles.com) indicates "...Mr. Mcann will not attend the hearing and will instead stay at the family home in Rothley, Leicestershire, to look after the children....."

Pity he wasn't doing that, in apartment 5A, PDL,when he had THREE children.!

Re. the highlighted section - IIRC Maddie's name was removed on legal advice but I cannot think when it was. I think it was discussed on this forum but would not know what to search under.

Good points about not staying in apartment 5A on the holiday and in a different post about the booing when she was taken in for questioning. oh yes. the booing was way before Mr. A. had written hisbook.

plebgate

Posts : 5444
Reputation : 1159
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Telegraph today

Post by PeterMac on 12.09.13 7:43

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10303083/Kate-McCann-faces-former-police-chief-in-1m-libel-trial-over-Madeleines-disappearance.html

Kate McCann faces former police chief in £1m libel trial over Madeleine's disappearance
Kate McCann will come face to face with the former police chief she and her husband Gerry accuse of hampering the search for their missing daughter Madeleine when their libel case against him starts in Lisbon on Thursday.
By Fiona Govan, Lisbon 11:27PM BST 11 Sep 2013
Mrs McCann's attendance in court is understood to be against the advice of Scotland Yard detectives who are attempting to launch their own investigation in the Algarve to try to solve the six-year mystery.
The couple are suing disgraced detective Goncalo Amaral for £1 million over allegations he made about the fate of Madeleine, who disappeared from an apartment in Praia da Luz shortly before her fourth birthday in May, 2007.
It is feared that her presence in Portugal will provoke a media circus and further aggravate Portuguese authorities as the Scotland Yard team seek cooperation to carry out their own inquiries on Portuguese soil.
A source said: "Because of the sensitivity of the situation, police don't want the McCanns anywhere near the country because they fear it could turn into a media circus.
"The Met police are worried it will create a bigger platform for Mr Amaral and his supporters to spout more bile and could damage their own inquiries in the country.
Related Articles
"It will be bad enough having all the old allegations dragged up again and repeated. No doubt Mr Amaral will want to say his bit outside the court and it will all flare up again. It will not be helpful for the Yard."
Neither Mr nor Mrs McCann from Rothley, Leicestershire, are due to give evidence in the libel trial against Mr Amaral, who headed the initial investigation into their daughter's disappearance which led to the couple being named as suspects.
Instead, Dave Edgar, a private investigator hired by the family to search for Madeleine and Michael Wright, husband of Mrs McCann's cousin Anne-Marie, will tell the hearing how Mr Amaral's "poisonous lies" have nearly destroyed the family.
However, Mrs McCann made a last minute decision to attend the first day of the civil case and is expected to give a statement outside court.
A source close to the couple said yesterday: "She doesn't particularly want to see again the man who has heaped so much extra pain on her family. But her lawyers felt that one of Madeleine's parents, if not both, should be there in person. Kate agreed to go while Gerry is busy working and looking after the twins. She is not expected to be giving evidence but will be sitting in the court room." The McCanns, who are both 45, were finally cleared in July 2008, when the Portuguese police investigation was shelved for lack of evidence.
But the following month, Mr Amaral who was sacked from the investigation and has since left the police force, published a book accusing them of faking their daughter's abduction to cover up her death in the apartment.
In 2010, they won a court battle in Lisbon to ban sales of the book entitled "The truth of the Lie", a ruling that was overturned later that year.
Mr McCann, a heart specialist and Mrs McCann, a former GP, are now seeking damages for themselves and their twins, Sean and Amelie plus further damages for the harm caused to the search for Madeleine, who would now be ten years old.
In a 36-page writ, first lodged in June 2009, they describe Mr Amaral as a self obsessed, manipulative money-grabber and accuse him of libel and breaching their human rights.
In July Scotland Yard announced a full-scale investigation into the girl's disappearance after identifying 38 potential new suspects and said they had requested assistance from Portugal's Policia Judiciaria.
A team of 37 detectives has spent the last two years examining thousands of documents, witness statements and evidence reports as part of a government funded review of the case ordered by Prime Minister David Cameron

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Express pull out the stops again with their page layout

Post by PeterMac on 12.09.13 7:58




Wonderful juxtaposition !

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by tigger on 12.09.13 8:00

@lj wrote:
@Portia wrote:Just thought about it for a minute or two:

Why publish this horrible picture of KM?

Who took it?

Who gave it to the Express/media?

What did he/she think to gain with depicting KH as a middle aged wreck?

Follow the money: who benefits? 

Kevin, where are you when we need you?

PS: why did the woman allow herself to be seen like this? 

Oops! To impress her suffering upon the unsuspecting sardine munching Court?

Heaven forbid! Surely? Or not?
I think it is meant as a "see what Amaral did to me" statement.
Private hearing is much better - e.g. No point in Kate collapsing in court, all she can do is a performance on the court steps and we've seen those before.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Guest on 12.09.13 8:08

@tigger wrote:
@lj wrote:
@Portia wrote:Just thought about it for a minute or two:

Why publish this horrible picture of KM?

Who took it?

Who gave it to the Express/media?

What did he/she think to gain with depicting KH as a middle aged wreck?

Follow the money: who benefits? 

Kevin, where are you when we need you?

PS: why did the woman allow herself to be seen like this? 

Oops! To impress her suffering upon the unsuspecting sardine munching Court?

Heaven forbid! Surely? Or not?
I think it is meant as a "see what Amaral did to me" statement.
Private hearing is much better - e.g. No point in Kate collapsing in court, all she can do is a performance on the court steps and we've seen those before.
Sorry, I cannot follow you there. I thought our, meaning JH forum members, aim was truth coming out at last and now you are favouring a private hearing? That's an eye opener tigger.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by russiandoll on 12.09.13 8:13

Brunt live in Lisbon now for Sky News 

 Susan Hubbard will be a witness, as well as Emma Loach, a documentary -maker [related to film director Ken Loach] plus a child psychologist[ presumably to give evidence re effects on the twins]. There are others.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by GRACEFUL1 on 12.09.13 8:27

Martin Brunt said at 7am on sky news " The McCanns are claiming £1 million in compensation for deformation. If they win their case against Senior Amaral the money would go into the fund to be used in case they may have to at some point re-start their own private investigation". Does that mean operation grange is a forgone conclusion a complete white wash!

GRACEFUL1

Posts : 127
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-29
Location : U.K.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by russiandoll on 12.09.13 8:32

@Portia wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Here's the story............
 
 
September 11, 2013 9:30 pm
Kate McCann to attend libel case
 
The mother of missing Madeleine McCann is expected to attend a Portuguese court for the start of the family's libel action against a former local police chief.
 
Kate McCann will be accompanied by her mother Susan Healy for the first hearing of the case against Goncalo Amaral who published a book making allegations about the three-year-old's disappearance.
 
 
More on link.......
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2013/09/11/kate-mccann-to-attend-libel-case/
How awful this picture: it has dr McCann sporting whiskers, a beard and a lot of pimples. It is very, very unflattering. Wonder how this came about.
  Is it possible for members of the forum to refrain from making comments on people's personal appearance? I would like to see us not descend to the levels of the witches' coven over the way,,here they add to their bile cruel comments on GA's obvious weight loss, peculating on liver disease through alcohol abuse or even cancer. The former needless to say sees the most cackling over the bubbling pot of their venom.
 This forum is better than that, so please can we show it to be so ?
 I would imagine that Kate looks the way she does due to stress. She has been played like a violin imo regardless of her part in concealing what happened to Maddie.  Maybe she has had her light bulb moment. She is the one in the limelight, persuaded no doubt by her husband and legal team that she as the anguished mother is best placed to keep the abduction of her daughter in the minds of the public.
 It is interesting how the people debating this case all seem to focus on Kate, her psychological state , her possible post- natal depression, her temper..and all the while do not look in the direction of Gerry, the person imo on whom most interest should focus.
 Always look there and not over here, and in the case of where the spotlight is not supposed to fall, on the male half of this couple, there is not an exception to this rule imo.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum