The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 11 Mm11

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 11 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 11 Mm11

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 11 Regist10

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 11 Empty Re: SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13

Post by Cheshire Cat 04.07.13 21:53

tasprin wrote:It really is no different from last years announcement when SY said they had 195 leads. It's now down to 38 and SY say they are only one-third to halfway through their investigation. If SY continue at the same pace it means another 2 - 4 years before it is completed. I too heard Redwood say in an interview that the tapas nine had been eliminated and I agree with those who say it was agreed from the beginning of this review (by the powers that be) that the McCanns and their friends would never be questioned or investigated. This is a whitewash, but why they're covering up the death of a child is a mystery. What impact will this have on Amaral's libel case? IMO, this latest announcement has come just in time to scupper the trial. Maybe it was planned that way. Whatever the truth, this whole case stinks to high heaven - never seen anything like it.

Eta - I wonder if the McCanns will be able to call anyone from SY to testify that they've been 'eliminated' by the UK police - Redwood could volunteer.

Totally agree. And as this is all about PR they feed a few bones to keep people clinging to the hope that the Met really mean business. I also think it is about building up resistance should Amaral win the libel case. Limits the damage from his book.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 04.07.13 21:56

tasprin wrote:
roy rovers wrote:Maybe DCI Redwood said 'there is no guarantee of any outcome' because he knows how important it is to thoroughly investigate the 38 and close the net carefully.

Last year SY said they could solve the case, now they're saying there are no guarantees. I suppose they'll scout around for a credible answer to the dilemma  and if they can't manage to come up with something that people believe they'll resort to abduction by person/s unknown, but hey, they spent millions and did their best to solve it. Case closed.

Exactly my beliefs.

Expecting anything out of it now is clutching at straws.  They have said it time and time again, they are working on theory she was abducted and may still be alive.

There was no new news today, this has been reported weeks ago.  For some reason SY went on record today and grabbed prime time news.

The purpose in my mind was the statement plastered over the TV in bold letters. 'They have ruled out any involvement by the parents or friends'.

Ok, even if the news reporters went off on their own and made that statement.  Why did Redwood re-iterate again they think there is still a chance she is alive.

The right things, said at the right time for upcoming trials.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 04.07.13 22:03

tasprin wrote:

Last year SY said they could solve the case, now they're saying there are no guarantees. I suppose they'll scout around for a credible answer to the dilemma  and if they can't manage to come up with something that people believe they'll resort to abduction by person/s unknown, but hey, they spent millions and did their best to solve it. Case closed.

looks as if sadly, this is ongoing  plan. no case, no Scandals spin no media whilst solving 38 persons of interest with more millions:spin:
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.07.13 22:06

[quote="Pershing36" ][...]

The purpose in my mind was the statement plastered over the TV in bold letters. 'They have ruled out any involvement by the parents or friends'. [...].[/quote]
O.K. Call me stupid. And I've been working very hard to catch up with the previous 20-30's of pages. But I have yet to see a quote like that from New Scotland Yard
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lufc50337 04.07.13 22:07

Was it said on TV McCanns and Tapas 7 not suspects? because its not in the official press release
lufc50337

Activity : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.07.13 22:08

Looks like many have this on front page as expected

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 11 BOW7_l1CQAA7JPy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.07.13 22:10

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 11 BOW7rF2CIAEmGvu
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 04.07.13 22:12

Châtelaine wrote:
Pershing36 wrote:[...]

The purpose in my mind was the statement plastered over the TV in bold letters. 'They have ruled out any involvement by the parents or friends'.  [...].
O.K.  Call me stupid. And I've been working very hard to catch up with the previous 20-30's of pages. But I have yet to see a quote like that from New Scotland Yard

Just said again on the news at 10 ITV second story.

Also put into a little box on the left hand side of the screen with a picture of Maddy.  'Detectives have completely ruled out any involvement of the parents or the 7 friends'.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Back to top Go down

Post by lufc50337 04.07.13 22:15

Is anybody in contact with Joana?
lufc50337

Activity : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 04.07.13 22:16

Châtelaine wrote:

The purpose in my mind was the statement plastered over the TV in bold letters. 'They have ruled out any involvement by the parents or friends'.  [...].
O.K.  Call me stupid. And I've been working very hard to catch up with the previous 20-30's of pages. But I have yet to see a quote like that from New Scotland Yard

There is no official quote including those words from SY but a few members on here including myself heard Redwood say it, it was also backed up by Graham Wettone, former MET police officer at 3.30 p.m. on Sky News that the McCanns and their holiday friends are not under any suspicion.

The Redwood interview has been cut down and that statement has now been taken out.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.07.13 22:17

Pershing36 wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:

Also put into a little box on the left hand side of the screen with a picture of Maddy.  'Detectives have completely ruled out any involvement of the parents or the 7 friends'.

But did Andy Redwood actually say it or reporter of the news item?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 04.07.13 22:17

first the tabloids are printing trash as usual Redwood said he genuinely believed Maddie  MAY be alive. Without a body, what else can he say?
 The police are not saying and have never said that she is alive. Until they find her how can they make that claim?

Pershing, again I have read and seen repeatedly what media are saying and putting on the screen. This is reported, not directly coming from the man in charge. I am still looking for a link to Redwood saying that the gang are eliminated.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 04.07.13 22:21

Châtelaine wrote:

The MET statement doesn`t say it, only that they remain in close contact with Kate and Gerry.

http://content.met.police.uk/Appeal/Latest-update-on-Madeleine-McCann-case/1400018438045/1257246745782

Yet all the News items say SY have confirmed that K&G are not suspects, even in this piece on Radio 4 PM programme - Eddie Mair interviewed Danny Shaw and Mark Williams-Thomas -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0368kpq

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.07.13 22:24

He said [non verbatim] that whilst there is no conclusive evidence she's dead [meaning IMO the dogs cannot say WHO died in the apartment], she may be alive.

Good gracious! Have a look at their formal statement and recognise how careful they phrase themselves. As they should! They're professionals. They hold their cards to their chest. If they didn't, no serious crime would ever be solved. They know [they know ...]. Hat-tip to PeterMac yes 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 04.07.13 22:25

candyfloss wrote:
Pershing36 wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:

But did Andy Redwood actually say it or reporter of the news item?

Redwood's statement has been cut down.  However either he or somebody else said it earlier as on every channel and news report is quoting 'Detectives have completely ruled out any involvement of the parents or the 7 friends'.

The leads/persons of interest are now focused on 38 new people.
12 British
2 from other European countries
The rest from Portugal.

That says it all for me really.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 04.07.13 22:35

woofer I can't copy the small snippet I needed for this reply......re the use of the word suspect by the media. Just shows how they do not care for accuracy but for a story which will get an audience. The Met today never once used that word, the persons listed are persons of interest.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 04.07.13 22:38

how can express say its a madeleine breakthrough, its not for her shes still missing ! there is no suspects from what I gathered so no arrests for now!They must think fund is not fraud or it would be closed down now I assume! parents wider family not suspected and family liason support being put back in !
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeyB 04.07.13 22:38

I wonder why PeterMac hasn't made any comment yet?
MikeyB

Activity : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.07.13 22:42

I really do think we should not take any notice of the way the media are spinning this.  Listen to the interviews and look at the Met police statement, the rest is spin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 04.07.13 22:42

sheila.edwards wrote:how can express say its a madeleine breakthrough, its not for her shes still missing !

The news channels are reporting that this is not a breakthrough.
  As far as I am aware a person of interest is someone who can assist the investigation.

Stick to the statement. Regardless of reporting, innuendo and inferences, those are the words that matter.

If it turns out that the tapas group have not been questioned yet and will not be questioned then that is scandalous beyond words.
 It will mean a cover up of something huge if a missing child is of secondary importance. Someone big being protected because of something rotten to the core.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 04.07.13 22:59

Mike wrote:I wonder why PeterMac hasn't made any comment yet?

probably busy in the real world, he is on the forum now. I would be surprised if [ given his career], he did not have an opinion on this latest development]

When you read the statement, how far advanced are we from recent weeks? An official announcement now that SY are investigating and that it is past the review stage. The number of persons of interest has been clarified and we know that they are from UK Portugal and I believe 3 other European countries.
  They were very clear in warning the media to behave themselves....clearly expecting a frenzy with developments, so they do intend to make some announcements along the way.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 04.07.13 23:03

Cheshire Cat wrote:
tasprin wrote:It really is no different from last years announcement when SY said they had 195 leads. It's now down to 38 and SY say they are only one-third to halfway through their investigation. If SY continue at the same pace it means another 2 - 4 years before it is completed. I too heard Redwood say in an interview that the tapas nine had been eliminated and I agree with those who say it was agreed from the beginning of this review (by the powers that be) that the McCanns and their friends would never be questioned or investigated. This is a whitewash, but why they're covering up the death of a child is a mystery. What impact will this have on Amaral's libel case? IMO, this latest announcement has come just in time to scupper the trial. Maybe it was planned that way. Whatever the truth, this whole case stinks to high heaven - never seen anything like it.

Eta - I wonder if the McCanns will be able to call anyone from SY to testify that they've been 'eliminated' by the UK police - Redwood could volunteer.

Totally agree. And as this is all about PR they feed a few bones to keep people clinging to the hope that the Met really mean business. I also think it is about building up resistance should Amaral win the libel case. Limits the damage from his book.

O, I'm convinced Dr. Amaral's trial have everything to do with this Punch and Judy show. What a disgrace. I'm happy I live far away, because I would really destroy my tv if I have to look to any of these main characters again.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 04.07.13 23:07

I have been out since my last post and have been catching up on this thread and definitely heard Redwood and i'm sure other reports on news say that the Mcs and their friends were eliminated.
There is nothing there now, I was confident I would find it but no!!
bristow
bristow

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 04.07.13 23:09

lj wrote:
O, I'm convinced Dr. Amaral's trial have everything to do with this Punch and Judy show. What a disgrace. I'm happy I live far away, because I would really destroy my tv if I have to look to any of these main characters again.

Totally agree,

If not what was the purpose of the muppet show extended addition?  

SY making sure the public are happy with the developments their taxes are paying for?   I doubt it they read it all weeks ago.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 04.07.13 23:10

sheila.edwards wrote:how can express say its a madeleine breakthrough, its not for her shes still missing ! there is no suspects from what I gathered so no arrests for now!They must think fund is not fraud or it would be closed down now I assume! parents wider family not suspected and family liason support being put back in !

Indeed it's the same they said a couple of months ago, give or take a suspect.
The pathetic parents and their friends were out of range from the beginning.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum