The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

On no account have anything to do with Tony Bennett - Page 3 Mm11

On no account have anything to do with Tony Bennett - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

On no account have anything to do with Tony Bennett - Page 3 Mm11

On no account have anything to do with Tony Bennett - Page 3 Regist10

On no account have anything to do with Tony Bennett

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On no account have anything to do with Tony Bennett - Page 3 Empty Re: On no account have anything to do with Tony Bennett

Post by Guest 03.04.10 11:54

vaguely1 wrote:
Judge Mental wrote:vaguely1 writes .............. 'Do you actually believe that?'

Of course I do. I would not have had cause to write it if I did not.

Tony Bennett is striving to find out what really happened to Madeleine McCann. He is not playing detective, judge and jury as some posters appear to do. He genuinely wants the Government and police to enable the police in Portugal to proceed with their enquiries and seek justice for Madeleine.

Bloggers and posters such as Rosiepops and Nessling are opposed to any further enquiries being undertaken, and believe that the McCanns and others who were with them have nothing else to answer for.

Therefore anybody who supports these bloggers is trying to deny Madeleine her rights as a British Subject.

Making criticism of a person such as Tony Bennett who is merely trying to do something about this situation, is an enormous hinderance to the cohesion of all the groups of people who gather on forums. I have seen some despicable things written about this man by people who have never even spoken to him.

His letters and books are available to read on the internet. Nobody has ever come up with one good reason to stop the printing of this information. Information that the press are banned from printing. Not everybody has the internet at their fingertips and there is a need for hard copies in order to disseminate this information to a wider audience.

All of the information contained in any of his books or letters is factual, and he is a trained lawyer. The man knows what he is doing. He is familiar with areas of the law that laymen have little knowledge of. He also knows about systems, procedures and process. He knows whom to contact and when.

I would ask him to stop wasting his time and defending himself against any people who continue to wage their vendettas against him. They have an equal opportunity to put their own views about Madeleine's case onto the internet and discuss and debate why they believe there may have been an abduction.

Countless police and ex-detectives have not discovered any evidence to support an abduction theory. The Rosiepops and Nessling types of posters only exist to perpetuate that myth. If we acknowledge their existence, they will continue to thrive.

Therefore, anybody who makes criticism of Tony Bennett is not behind Madeleine's memory. He is the only person who is publicly trying to help the Portuguese police. He has caused people to gather behind him.

Where would we be today if he had not chosen to put his head above the parapet? Who else is putting direct pressure on the Government by writing letters week after week and asking for others to do the same?

We can sit here chatting away on the internet about the rights and wrongs of losing a child on what purported to be a holiday, but who is taking direct action?

Where would we be today? In the same place, sitting at the screen.

Where would the investigation be? In exactly the same place as it is. Nothing has come from all these letters, forums, foundations has it?

It's great that people want to find out the truth of what happened to Madeleine that night - but it will only ever be done through the proper means, and it will only ever be done by people who haven't already made their minds up in one direction or the other.

So where does this leave the McCanns and their private detectives then?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

On no account have anything to do with Tony Bennett - Page 3 Empty Re: On no account have anything to do with Tony Bennett

Post by vaguely1 03.04.10 12:00

I'm being dense.

where does what leave them?

They seem about as clueless as everyone else.

I don't believe that you have to fully support anyone in order to be 'one Madeleine's side'. I think that's a cheap shot.

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.04.10 12:25

quote vaguely

but it will only ever be done through the proper means

that's what I was referring to. An no it was not a cheap shot. I do not think that encouraging people to telephone a number with information, that is on a website, that has nothing to do with the police is not the proper means.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 03.04.10 12:31

candyfloss wrote:quote vaguely

but it will only ever be done through the proper means

that's what I was referring to. An no it was not a cheap shot. I do not think that encouraging people to telephone a number with information, that is on a website, that has nothing to do with the police is not the proper means.

No, not you making a cheap shot - the original post I queried, about supporting Mr Bennett being the only way of being behind Madeleine - that if people do not support Mr Bennett then they are against Madeleine. That's (imho) a cheap shot. (to clarify, that comment was:Anybody who makes criticism of Tony Bennett is not behind Madeleine's memory.)

I wouldn't phone the McCanns private line, or Mr Bennett with information about Madeleine, or indeed similar set ups about any missing person or crime.

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.04.10 16:48

[quote="vaguely1]It's great that people want to find out the truth of what happened to Madeleine that night - but it will only ever be done through the proper means, and it will only ever be done by people who haven't already made their minds up in one direction or the other.[/quote]

Oh, the irony.
Bear in the mind the mccanns had made up their mind from the word GO - does it mean they don't want to find out the truth because they already knew the truth?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 03.04.10 17:05

aiyoyo wrote:[quote="vaguely1]It's great that people want to find out the truth of what happened to Madeleine that night - but it will only ever be done through the proper means, and it will only ever be done by people who haven't already made their minds up in one direction or the other.

Oh, the irony.
Bear in the mind the mccanns had made up their mind from the word GO - does it mean they don't want to find out the truth because they already knew the truth?[/quote]

Aiyoyo.....they're directly involved in the case. I'm talking about forums/foundation/private detectives. The people who are asking for, and receiving information.

The McCanns of course have made their minds up.

I don't know what's so controversial about thinking information should be nowhere apart from the police. It's hardly an earth shattering revelation.

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.04.10 17:34

vaguely1 wrote:

Aiyoyo.....they're directly involved in the case. I'm talking about forums/foundation/private detectives. The people who are asking for, and receiving information.

The McCanns of course have made their minds up.

I don't know what's so controversial about thinking information should be nowhere apart from the police. It's hardly an earth shattering revelation.

Why of couse? Do they know for sure Maddie was abudcted by Peodo, still alive and unharmed?

But vaguely, you forgot conveniently the police (at least the ones that count ie PJ and LP) had also made up their mind ie. Maddie is dead. Afaik, no authority is looking for a 'live' Maddie, that is not to say the case is closed. Nothing controversial in the knowledge that the Prime investigators are no longer regarding sightings as relevant. I believe if there's fresh evidence or informant info regarding the secrets of the mccanns or the secret seven the authority would be v. interested. Any sighting or psychic info is probably ten a penny as long as the case remains unsolved, and the police is not moving their arse over it. What does it tell you?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 03.04.10 18:43

No, they know for sure what happened to her.

What it tells me, is that regardless of all that Aiyoyo....If people have information relating to Madeleine they should go to the police. Not to private individuals putting themselves in a precarious position by asking for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 03.04.10 18:44

Are you saying anyone with information about Madeleine should go to Bennett or the McCanns private detectives then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 03.04.10 19:56

vaguely1 writes ............. 'Where would we be today? In the same place, sitting at the screen.

Where would the investigation be? In exactly the same place as it is. Nothing has come from all these letters, forums, foundations has it?

It's great that people want to find out the truth of what happened to Madeleine that night - but it will only ever be done through the proper means, and it will only ever be done by people who haven't already made their minds up in one direction or the other.'

Without Tony Bennett having taken direct action at the beginning of this case by trying to use the law; without the direct action of a leaflet campaign in Rothley; and without his letters to authority figures and free copies of his own book being sent to every Member of Parliament, we would not now be in the position we are.

Right now, there is not an MP in the land who can deny that they were not aware of the intricacies of the case as put forward in 60 Reasons.

They may of course choose to ignore it, but what does this say about the integrity of each MP who has done so?

Tony Bennett has not just made a noise to the police and judiciary, he has gone directly to the people who make law and govern the country.

A case worth pointing to is Hollie Greig's case, which is an excellent example to those of us naive enough to believe that the police have any power in situations like this.

Any information should be directed to the Portuguese police and copies kept. Telephone conversations should be recorded and dated. Any and all copies of which should be kept well away from one's own residence. This information should also be forwarded to Amaral, via his publishers, ex-colleagues or any other methods.

Relying on any police force in the UK is an absolute waste of anybody's time and effort regarding this case and I would advise strongly against approaching the UK police before contacting the Portuguese first.

The fact is that nobody will come forward with information, apart from maybe those who were in Praia da Luz the week Madeleiene disappeared.
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow 03.04.10 20:30

Unfortunately I do not believe we are in ANY position other than the one we were in.We dont know those MPs werent already aware of the details and the only thing sending those books and leaflets out has done has got TB banned from printing them.Nothing has furhered the search for Madeleine.
Rainbow
Rainbow

Activity : 476

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 03.04.10 22:57

It hasn't stopped him though has it? Hasn't he just finished Volume 1 of a new series of books?

The best anyone can do is keep plugging away and make it known that they will not give up getting the truth out there. Hats off to TB for keeping up the pressure.
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 04.04.10 1:02

@ ufercoffy .............. Ditto. Amen.
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.04.10 6:00

vaguely1 wrote:Are you saying anyone with information about Madeleine should go to Bennett or the McCanns private detectives then?

Definitely NOT to the mccanns. The different is they are actively asking for it. Where TB is concerned, correct me if I am wrong, he wasnt asking but happened to receive them.

In this OP, rosiepops had alleged that 'people were conned and deceived into giving the info to MF' and directed people to 'you know where'. Now, either rosiepops is part of team mccanns (v. likely) or an isolated nutter.

It got people arguing that regardless of the nature of the info received, that receivor has no right to decide on it's value and should pass it onto the proper (not sure about proper, appropriate is better word maybe) authority ie. the 'Police'.

My point is surely receivor has the right to decide on the value and whether approrpriate to forward onward or not waste of time; police's time as well. Apart from anything else, the identities of callers (anonymous) are called into question. Were they genuine -why didn't they ring the police directly? I read on MM that Claudia79 claimed, in that case, she had also received info. She, too, had received calls from psychics who after claiming certain info also ended by asking for Amaral's personal contact details, including such as his home address, which caused people to question the true nature of the callers - were they perhaps from certain suspicious quarter?

The pertinent point is : should people generalise and say all info, regardlessly, should be passed onto police, who some people's claimed are more capable of deciding value. I beg to differ - even layperson has thinking ability to discern chaff from grain. If it were grain, then Ok fair enough, the POLICE should know about it.

Regardless of people's view of TB's unorthodox campaign work, at least he's doing something about the case, and keeping more than certain quarters 'alert'. Obvious reason why his every move is been watched and criticised by the usual suspects. If people cannot be objective about the context in which this OP should be debated.....then?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 04.04.10 8:53

Sky news have been reporting all morning that UK police are to change their rules on abducted children to include requesting the public to be more actively involved in keeping a lookout, and reporting anything to the police, bringing the UK in line with other European countries. The newsreader comments that Kate and Gerry McCann have been campaigning for this change and the background to the newsreader shows various photographs of Madeleine McCann

Have searched the sky website and done a google but cannot find anything about this online.

I wondered if, in view of this, Rosiepops will amend the OP to include links to the UK police rather than the McCanns and their investigative team.
justagrannynow 1
justagrannynow 1

Activity : 1110

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 04.04.10 9:00

Everything revolves around the McCanns doesn't it? Why has nothing been done to change rules about things until these two negligent gits tried to change the world?

Did no other abducted child matter before?

And of course the more they 'do' the more they look 'innocent'.

Bleurgh...if thats the way they want to get away with their crime.
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 04.04.10 9:02

Here's the link

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Child-Rescue-Alert-Scheme-Unveiled-Backed-By-Kate-And-Gerry-McCann-Parents-Of-Madelaine-McCann/Article/201004115593207?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15593207_Child_Rescue_Alert_Scheme_Unveiled%2C_Backed_By_Kate_And_Gerry_McCann%2C_Parents_Of_Madelaine_McCann
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 04.04.10 10:08

How did you find that ?????

I searched high and low for it.

Well done ufercoffy thumbsup
justagrannynow 1
justagrannynow 1

Activity : 1110

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 04.04.10 16:34

candyfloss wrote:
Judge Mental wrote:vaguely1 writes .............. 'Do you actually believe that?'

Of course I do. I would not have had cause to write it if I did not.

Tony Bennett is striving to find out what really happened to Madeleine McCann. He is not playing detective, judge and jury as some posters appear to do. He genuinely wants the Government and police to enable the police in Portugal to proceed with their enquiries and seek justice for Madeleine.

Bloggers and posters such as Rosiepops and Nessling are opposed to any further enquiries being undertaken, and believe that the McCanns and others who were with them have nothing else to answer for.

Therefore anybody who supports these bloggers is trying to deny Madeleine her rights as a British Subject.

Making criticism of a person such as Tony Bennett who is merely trying to do something about this situation, is an enormous hinderance to the cohesion of all the groups of people who gather on forums. I have seen some despicable things written about this man by people who have never even spoken to him.

His letters and books are available to read on the internet. Nobody has ever come up with one good reason to stop the printing of this information. Information that the press are banned from printing. Not everybody has the internet at their fingertips and there is a need for hard copies in order to disseminate this information to a wider audience.

All of the information contained in any of his books or letters is factual, and he is a trained lawyer. The man knows what he is doing. He is familiar with areas of the law that laymen have little knowledge of. He also knows about systems, procedures and process. He knows whom to contact and when.

I would ask him to stop wasting his time and defending himself against any people who continue to wage their vendettas against him. They have an equal opportunity to put their own views about Madeleine's case onto the internet and discuss and debate why they believe there may have been an abduction.

Countless police and ex-detectives have not discovered any evidence to support an abduction theory. The Rosiepops and Nessling types of posters only exist to perpetuate that myth. If we acknowledge their existence, they will continue to thrive.

Therefore, anybody who makes criticism of Tony Bennett is not behind Madeleine's memory. He is the only person who is publicly trying to help the Portuguese police. He has caused people to gather behind him.

Where would we be today if he had not chosen to put his head above the parapet? Who else is putting direct pressure on the Government by writing letters week after week and asking for others to do the same?

We can sit here chatting away on the internet about the rights and wrongs of losing a child on what purported to be a holiday, but who is taking direct action?

Thank you for your post Judge Mental, superbly written and spot on clapping1 thumbsup

Agreed, excellent post Judge Mental clapping1 thumbsup
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum