The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

On no account have anything to do with Tony Bennett

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: On no account have anything to do with Tony Bennett

Post by Judge Mental on 01.04.10 18:52

vaguely1 writes .............. 'Do you actually believe that?'

Of course I do. I would not have had cause to write it if I did not.

Tony Bennett is striving to find out what really happened to Madeleine McCann. He is not playing detective, judge and jury as some posters appear to do. He genuinely wants the Government and police to enable the police in Portugal to proceed with their enquiries and seek justice for Madeleine.

Bloggers and posters such as Rosiepops and Nessling are opposed to any further enquiries being undertaken, and believe that the McCanns and others who were with them have nothing else to answer for.

Therefore anybody who supports these bloggers is trying to deny Madeleine her rights as a British Subject.

Making criticism of a person such as Tony Bennett who is merely trying to do something about this situation, is an enormous hinderance to the cohesion of all the groups of people who gather on forums. I have seen some despicable things written about this man by people who have never even spoken to him.

His letters and books are available to read on the internet. Nobody has ever come up with one good reason to stop the printing of this information. Information that the press are banned from printing. Not everybody has the internet at their fingertips and there is a need for hard copies in order to disseminate this information to a wider audience.

All of the information contained in any of his books or letters is factual, and he is a trained lawyer. The man knows what he is doing. He is familiar with areas of the law that laymen have little knowledge of. He also knows about systems, procedures and process. He knows whom to contact and when.

I would ask him to stop wasting his time and defending himself against any people who continue to wage their vendettas against him. They have an equal opportunity to put their own views about Madeleine's case onto the internet and discuss and debate why they believe there may have been an abduction.

Countless police and ex-detectives have not discovered any evidence to support an abduction theory. The Rosiepops and Nessling types of posters only exist to perpetuate that myth. If we acknowledge their existence, they will continue to thrive.

Therefore, anybody who makes criticism of Tony Bennett is not behind Madeleine's memory. He is the only person who is publicly trying to help the Portuguese police. He has caused people to gather behind him.

Where would we be today if he had not chosen to put his head above the parapet? Who else is putting direct pressure on the Government by writing letters week after week and asking for others to do the same?

We can sit here chatting away on the internet about the rights and wrongs of losing a child on what purported to be a holiday, but who is taking direct action?

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.04.10 19:03

@Judge Mental wrote:vaguely1 writes .............. 'Do you actually believe that?'

Tony Bennett is striving to find out what really happened to Madeleine McCann. He is not playing detective, judge and jury as some posters appear to do. He genuinely wants the Government and police to enable the police in Portugal to proceed with their enquiries and seek justice for Madeleine.

Bloggers and posters such as Rosiepops and Nessling are opposed to any further enquiries being undertaken, and believe that the McCanns and others who were with them have nothing else to answer for.

Therefore anybody who supports these bloggers is trying to deny Madeleine her rights as a British Subject.

Making criticism of a person such as Tony Bennett who is merely trying to do something about this situation, is an enormous hinderance to the cohesion of all the groups of people who gather on forums. I have seen some despicable things written about this man by people who have never even spoken to him.

His letters and books are available to read on the internet. Nobody has ever come up with one good reason to stop the printing of this information. Information that the press are banned from printing. Not everybody has the internet at their fingertips and there is a need for hard copies in order to disseminate this information to a wider audience.

All of the information contained in any of his books or letters is factual, and he is a trained lawyer. The man knows what he is doing. He is familiar with areas of the law that laymen have little knowledge of. He also knows about systems, procedures and process. He knows whom to contact and when.

I would ask him to stop wasting his time and defending himself against any people who continue to wage their vendettas against him. They have an equal opportunity to put their own views about Madeleine's case onto the internet and discuss and debate why they believe there may have been an abduction.

Countless police and ex-detectives have not discovered any evidence to support an abduction theory. The Rosiepops and Nessling types of posters only exist to perpetuate that myth. If we acknowledge their existence, they will continue to thrive.

Therefore, anybody who makes criticism of Tony Bennett is not behind Madeleine's memory. He is the only person who is publicly trying to help the Portuguese police. He has caused people to gather behind him.

Where would we be today if he had not chosen to put his head above the parapet? Who else is putting direct pressure on the Government by writing letters week after week and asking for others to do the same?

We can sit here chatting away on the internet about the rights and wrongs of losing a child on what purported to be a holiday, but who is taking direct action?

Thank you for your post Judge Mental, superbly written and spot on clapping1 thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 01.04.10 19:11

@justagrannynow 1 wrote:
@Pascal wrote:Actually Tony the message in the Op should apply to everyone as far as I'm concerned.

There is just one suggestion to look on wikipedia and make a note of the emergency police number of the country you are visiting so you can contact the police of that country if you think you see Madeleine.
The bulk of the OP asks people to contact the McCanns and their investigation team with any information they may have. All the links provided are to the Find Madeleine website.

Do you really agree with that ?

Come on! Be serious! Which sane person looks up emergency police number of country they intend to visit just in case they spot Maddie? Hello, who plan their holiday that way? Which planet the mccanns and supporters think they are on? No disrespect, but is Maddie the only missing child in the entire world? Is their Maddie supposed to be more important than other missing children; and are oridnary folks' life supposed to revolve around Maddie?

If Maddie was so important, why did they neglect her, or as indicative 'lost her'?

Let's face it , any decent person who spots Maddie would make it their point to find the police nr. when that happened, and report it. If they are not decent, forget they will look up nr. before leaving country. The mccanns' contempt for people's intelligence beggars belief. The length they resort to, to keep up their pretends is descipable.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WOODWARD on 01.04.10 19:13

I dont care if Tony has a few stamps or postal orders left over and buys himself a cup of tea and a slice of madeira at the foundations expense. I dont even care if debbie is right about the infamous 2 cheques,although I accept MR Bennets word that she isnt. I think he should be paid a fee for every long letter he writes to officials in his own name giving his home address on Madeleines behalf. Sometimes he gets a detail wrong ,sometimes he expresses political opinions which are at odds with my own and I disagree absolutely with his doubts about Robert Murat(if indeed he has any).
Only Mr Amaral has been subjected to the repeated and vicious attacks that Mr Bennet has because between the two of them,provided they dont get fed up,they are the best hope for the truth for Madeleine ,she at least deserves that.

WOODWARD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pascal on Majic and a reply

Post by Tony Bennett on 01.04.10 19:37

@Pascal wrote:Actually Tony the message in the OP should apply to everyone as far as I'm concerned.

Noted. I'm bound to say that the McCanns should consider themselves jolly fortunate, if not greatly blessed, that Leicestershire Police helps them to raise money, er, to pay for people of the quality (ahem) of Dave Edgar and not forgetting Arthur Cowley who I fear is very much in Dave's shadow. Do you think everyone who sees a seven-or-so-year old girl who might look a bit like Madeleine (after all she might look quite a bit differnt now, differnt colour hair and all that) should get on the blower to Dave 'n Arthur?

Might I ask why you are helping Majic in his attempts to ruin the MM forum?

You must be joking! The ferrets over at 'MM' are fighting in an ever shrinking sack. If you wanted to look at the malign forces who might be actively wrecking 'MM' at the moment, I wouldn't put 'Majic' near the top of the list, indeed he might not even be on that list at all. Apart from providing a forum where the squabbling re 'MM' can be carried on (for those who want to), what possible evidence do you have that Majic is 'attempting to ruin the MM forum'? It has become a seriously discredited forum all by itself, especially since the Kent women joined it.

Why are you posting emails/private correspondence between you and Susan Menez on his site?

The hatefest on 'MM' began with the decision of Ms Butler to post publically a perfectly polite private e-mail I sent her back on 26 October, with Susan Menez' approval and active encouragement. Things went from bad to worse after that, with all manner of my private e-mails published on 'MM'. Now what I have done is post a message which I think you and everyone else would agree casts Susan in a postive light; not only that, I took the trouble to add (and I meant it) that Susan's heart was in the right place. That is said only to give credit where credit is due; she has of course managed and promoted an unrestrained hatefest about me on her forum for the past 5 months.

Now I have one question for you, Pascal, seeing as you've asked me quite a number since this forum started. What makes you round on me for publishing one e-mail which shows Susan in a favourable light, when, so far as I am aware, and unless you can convince me otherwise, you have not said a word about others publishing emails I've sent out? Thanks in advance for your answer.

Do you not realise that he and Muratfan are in cahoots and as soon as they've done with MM they will turn their attention here? Do you care?

As I've said, I think Majic is not the arch-plotter that you think. That doesn't mean to say I defend all his actions, and I don't know his forum history. Anyway, Jill runs the forum here, she has put her own stamp on it, I think she has banned both, hasn't she?

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 01.04.10 20:14

@Rainbow wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@Rainbow wrote:IMO ANY information SHOULD be passed on to the authorities.

Why? Do you think Madeleine is still alive?

Whit bits of info - the bits about knutsford covert operations? You think the mccanns will be plsd with that ya?

Eh?

What I think doesnt matter.She may very well be alive,she may very well be dead.The point is it isnt for you,me et al to decide what info is relevant or not is it? It is up to the proper authorities.

I beg your pardon, but of course it is down to me to decide whether info I received is useful to pass on. For example, if someone were to ring me (staying anonymous) claiming the mccanns are weird and very capable of killing their daughter,....s/he knows because they were neighbours, work together..blah blah blah...or for example that they know Mccanns hid her under their cellar blah blah blah.....then why should I deem that necessary to pass on? For all I know, it was just some nutter, or maybe not. But without identity of caller,and especially if they were not prepared to repeat what they told me to the police...then surely I'm within my right to deem the info pointless to pass on. I am sure the police would have received some calls like that and I've no doubt even the police wouldn't take that seriously or waste time chasing a worthless unfeasible.

You are right in that its not strictly about people's belief whether Maddie is dead or not - if she was spotted, then it should be reported. If people gave me info about her whereabout, then it should be passed on. However, in this debate, we are talking about info TB received, which he hinted relates to mccanns rather than Maddie, then surely in the above described scenario, TB is within his right to apply sense in deciding what to do or not to do with info. The last thing he wants is to go to the authority only to look stupid with some ridiculous claims anonymous callers made, but which callers wouldn't back up.

I am sorry, people can beatt the drums about info should be passed on blah blah blah...and only authority reserves the right to decide the value of the info...I think in this context of debate, its just trollop that mccanns lackies wanted to blow out of porportion for their agenda.

Let's put it this way: if mccanns and lackies deemed TB to have withheld info, what's to stop them sending the police around to extract them.They have been known to use devious tactics to get info to suit their purpose. Didnt they made Maddie a WOC to force PJ to give them info? Could it be,in this particular instant, they know v. well info TB received was probably detrimental to them and nothing to do with Madeleine.

TB, regardless of people's opinion of him, was not obliged to answer FOIA questions posed to MF. The fact he chose to supply the info candidly, should not be used to bash him with. Had he not mentioned it, there wouldn't be any hullaboola (sp) from certain quarters.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 01.04.10 20:39

These abusive posters and bloggers should take the plunge and finally meet up somewhere together where they can talk freely about their individual problems. They may even find themselves partners with whom they can continue in blissfully abusive situations until death do them part.

If they can be so abusive at this point in time, what will they be like when the ex-arguidos are made arguidos again? laughat

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 01.04.10 20:40

Rainbow ................. I am sorry to have to break this to you but there are no bluebirds and no pot of gold at the end of this.

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal on 01.04.10 20:49

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Pascal wrote:Actually Tony the message in the OP should apply to everyone as far as I'm concerned.

Noted. I'm bound to say that the McCanns should consider themselves jolly fortunate, if not greatly blessed, that Leicestershire Police helps them to raise money, er, to pay for people of the quality (ahem) of Dave Edgar and not forgetting Arthur Cowley who I fear is very much in Dave's shadow. Do you think everyone who sees a seven-or-so-year old girl who might look a bit like Madeleine (after all she might look quite a bit differnt now, differnt colour hair and all that) should get on the blower to Dave 'n Arthur?

So this is a crusade against the police now is it? New information pertaining to Madeleine McCann should NOT be given to you, rosiepops or anybody else who has claimed this child for their own amusement/ego. You want to play vigilante, that's your lookout.[/b]

Might I ask why you are helping Majic in his attempts to ruin the MM forum?

You must be joking! The ferrets over at 'MM' are fighting in an ever shrinking sack. If you wanted to look at the malign forces who might be actively wrecking 'MM' at the moment, I wouldn't put 'Majic' near the top of the list, indeed he might not even be on that list at all. Apart from providing a forum where the squabbling re 'MM' can be carried on (for those who want to), what possible evidence do you have that Majic is 'attempting to ruin the MM forum'? It has become a seriously discredited forum all by itself, especially since the Kent women joined it.

Which ferrets would they be Tony? The ones you've fallen out with? Hmmm? Majic has made it perfectly clear on this forum that he is being paid to do a job. He has made it perfectly plain that he wants to rid us of hate forums. I would almost believe him, save for the fact that he hasn't touched on Bonny's love in with her new friends or the vile PFA. Wonder why?

Why are you posting emails/private correspondence between you and Susan Menez on his site?

The hatefest on 'MM' began with the decision of Ms Butler to post publically a perfectly polite private e-mail I sent her back on 26 October, with Susan Menez' approval and active encouragement. Things went from bad to worse after that, with all manner of my private e-mails published on 'MM'. Now what I have done is post a message which I think you and everyone else would agree casts Susan in a postive light; not only that, I took the trouble to add (and I meant it) that Susan's heart was in the right place. That is said only to give credit where credit is due; she has of course managed and promoted an unrestrained hatefest about me on her forum for the past 5 months.

[b] I'ts not the posting of Susans email Tony, but your sneering post... "I'm reminded of happier days....' How bloody high handed of you, relishing another forums demise.

This has screw all with Debbie Butler and you know it. You know full well that MM is under attack at the moment and out of nothing other than pure spite because they no longer entertain your obsessional bleatings, you have joined in with the kicking.

Now I have one question for you, Pascal, seeing as you've asked me quite a number since this forum started. What makes you round on me for publishing one e-mail which shows Susan in a favourable light, when, so far as I am aware, and unless you can convince me otherwise, you have not said a word about others publishing emails I've sent out? Thanks in advance for your answer.

thats where you are so so wrong. Unlike you I have an innate sense of fairness. I had a go at the relevant parties for what was said about you and other people who are attacked. I don't care what end of the field you or anyone else bats, I won't tolerate bully and abuse tactics from anyone. Whereas your new best mate sits up on his pedestal mocking away with the likes of Bonnybonkers and Muratcrap. So put that in your pipe.

Do you not realise that he and Muratfan are in cahoots and as soon as they've done with MM they will turn their attention here? Do you care?

As I've said, I think Majic is not the arch-plotter that you think. That doesn't mean to say I defend all his actions, and I don't know his forum history. Anyway, Jill runs the forum here, she has put her own stamp on it, I think she has banned both, hasn't she?

[b]You are either a bare faced liar or totally naive. I won't be sitting in judgement. It's not my bag. It WILL come out in the wash though

Pascal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Easter

Post by Tony Bennett on 01.04.10 21:38

@Pascal wrote:You are either a bare faced liar or totally naive.
Happy Easter to you too

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal on 01.04.10 21:39

I stand by it Tony.

You are one or t'other if you think Majic has no ulterior motive.

Pascal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi on 01.04.10 22:00

Hi
May I ask what training or skills any of us have that enables us to decide what information might be relevantand what information might be not? There are people with years of experience who should be making these sorts of decisions surely - not me, not Mr Bennett, not Pascal, not this Rosiepops lady and certainly not Mr and Mrs McCann.

Wouldn't the publics' duty simply be to pass it on to those with the where with all so that they might make a decision of whether it is worth following up or not?

Aren't we meant to want the best for Madeleine after she has been so badly let down by so many people. If that is so wouldn't we pass on any information, no matter how silly or trivial it might appear to us, to somebody with the means to make a better judgement call than probably the majority of us could make ourselves?

Take care

Kololi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal on 01.04.10 22:04

Who else other than the poliice Kololi?

Pascal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi on 01.04.10 22:14

Hi Pascal
I would go to the Police in the scenario we have been chatting about in this thread but then I haven't lost faith in them yet. My daughter has recently been promoted to a detective so I would be pretty shameful if I thought she couldn't do her job better than me.

The McCanns would be the last people I pass information to though.

Take care

Kololi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Let down by two, not many

Post by Tony Bennett on 01.04.10 22:58

@Kololi wrote:Hi - May I ask what training or skills any of us have that enables us to decide what information might be relevant and what information might be not? There are people with years of experience who should be making these sorts of decisions surely - not me, not Mr Bennett, not Pascal, not this Rosiepops lady and certainly not Mr and Mrs McCann.

But the McCanns have asked the whole world to look for Madeleine and make judgments about whether any child they see might be Madeleine or not. And so far, 100% of those judgments have been wrong, spectacularly so for example in the case of the woman who tried to snatch a two-year-old boy from a Croatian footballer and his wife.

We have received from psychics what they call 'information' but which I prefer to call 'imagination'. So far, hundreds of psychics have contacted the Portuguese Police, each one coming up with different ideas, all equally convinced they are right. No way am I going to add to the burden of the PJ by passing any of those on.

But now, someone comes on the 'phone who gives highly credible, verifiable information about the McCanns' private investigation unit in Knutsford, Cheshire, in a property bought by Brian Kennedy. Her information goes to the heart of whether that operation is about trying to find Madeleine OR whether outfits like Metodo 3, Red Defence, Oakley International, Kevin Halligen etc. have been about something altogether different.

Now, according to some, I should get Stuart Prior of Leicestershire Police on the blower and tell him who my source is. So, suppose the police go to the source and get the story - and they find out that there has been a wholescale deception of the world about what really happened to Madeleine McCann. Perhaps the source gives them convincing evidence that Kennedy appointed Francisco Marco of Metodo and Kevin Halligen of Oakley International not to find Madeleine but for other reasons. Maybe the source knows about Kennedy's reported intimidation of witnesses, making them too scared to give evidence, as reported by Mark Hollingsworth in an article in the Evening Standard?

So what are the police going to do with all that information?

Arrest Kennedy and the McCanns?

Or silence the source?

You tell me.

Wouldn't the public's duty simply be to pass it on to those with the wherewithall so that they might make a decision of whether it is worth following up or not?

That depends if you can always trust the authorities to do the right thing. In this case it's far worse. In this case we have to trust Dave Edgar will do the right thing with the information he gets, remembering of course that he's 'convinced' (his word) that Madeleine is being held alive in a prison lair in the 'lawless hills' around Praia da Luz, within about 10 miles of the village. What's he going to do about a source who tells him that she didn't think the Kennedy-led investigationwas really looking for Madeleine. Will he go to Scotland Yard to get help to arrest Kennedy and the McCanns? Or report everything straight back to the bloke he appointed him and pays him?...er, Brian Kennedy.

Aren't we meant to want the best for Madeleine after she has been so badly let down by so many people?

Really? In my book she has been let down by only two people.

If that is so wouldn't we pass on any information, no matter how silly or trivial it might appear to us, to somebody with the means to make a better judgment call than probably the majority of us could make ourselves?

It all depends on whether you believe that Madeleine really was abducted or not. Many a family before the McCanns has concocted a claim of abduction, only for us all to find that we have wasted a lot of time and effort looking for a child the family already knew to be dead. It has happened time, after time, after time.

Take care.

I wish the McCanns had.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkle on 01.04.10 23:14

Where's muratfans post gone?
Surely I am not quite that mad!!!

twinkle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kary on 01.04.10 23:21

If you are, then so am I lol!

kary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkle on 01.04.10 23:36

We are in good company kary. big grin

twinkle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkle on 01.04.10 23:37

@muratfan wrote:Still here

Oh here he is, the amazing disappearing poster........Muratfan.

Damn it, my social skills have forced me to edit my post...........grrrrr that upbringing of mine has a lot to answer for.

twinkle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 02.04.10 0:01

@twinkle wrote:
@muratfan wrote:Still here

Oh here he is, the amazing disappearing poster........Muratfan.

Damn it, my social skills have forced me to edit my post...........grrrrr that upbringing of mine has a lot to answer for.

Yes, I asked muratfan to join me in a private forum so I can ask him why he continues to use my dead mother in his vendetta. I asked him not to post anywhere else on this forum, but he likes to be a law unto himself.

Mods have been asked to delete his comments as he won't be staying here for long.

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkle on 02.04.10 0:04

Thanks for that Jill, I thought I was going mad. big grin

twinkle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 02.04.10 2:23

Or silence the source?

You tell me.

certainly food for thoughts!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi on 02.04.10 8:47

Hi Mr Bennett

May I ask what training or skills any of us have that enables us to decide what information might be relevant and what information might be not? There are people with years of experience who should be making these sorts of decisions surely - not me, not Mr Bennett, not Pascal, not this Rosiepops lady and certainly not Mr and Mrs McCann.

But the McCanns have asked the whole world to look for Madeleine and make judgments about whether any child they see might be Madeleine or not. And so far, 100% of those judgments have been wrong, spectacularly so for example in the case of the woman who tried to snatch a two-year-old boy from a Croatian footballer and his wife.

Seriously, if we keep it in proportion, how many little blonde Madeleine look a likes could there be in the world and how many of them have had their lives rudely interupted because of the whims of the McCanns? What is the population of the world and how many of that population takes themselves off "Maddie hunting" regularly? I know that even one child having its little life disrupted is one too many but if kept in proportion there are a lot less children being mistaken for her than could be.

Having said that, I do have concerns with this request by the McCanns for us all to keep searching and have raised it before - what exactly do they expect the public to be doing? Pack up a picnic basket and take to the lawless hills on a Sunday afternoon? I do wonder if their request is actually unrealistic.

We have received from psychics what they call 'information' but which I prefer to call 'imagination'. So far, hundreds of psychics have contacted the Portuguese Police, each one coming up with different ideas, all equally convinced they are right. No way am I going to add to the burden of the PJ by passing any of those on.

It is not for you or I to judge whether the information passed to the Portuguese Police burdens or helps them. I feel confident that within the Portuguese Police department there will be many officers with a skill greater than you or I have to make such decisions. Cranky information and complaints come in all shapes and sizes Mr Bennett and whilst some of us feel it is a waste of our Polices' time and resources to take Yorkshire tea and cake with some folk, it is the right of those folks to have their complaints investigated......

But now, someone comes on the 'phone who gives highly credible, verifiable information about the McCanns' private investigation unit in Knutsford, Cheshire, in a property bought by Brian Kennedy. Her information goes to the heart of whether that operation is about trying to find Madeleine OR whether outfits like Metodo 3, Red Defence, Oakley International, Kevin Halligen etc. have been about something altogether different.

Now, according to some, I should get Stuart Prior of Leicestershire Police on the blower and tell him who my source is. So, suppose the police go to the source and get the story - and they find out that there has been a wholescale deception of the world about what really happened to Madeleine McCann. Perhaps the source gives them convincing evidence that Kennedy appointed Francisco Marco of Metodo and Kevin Halligen of Oakley International not to find Madeleine but for other reasons. Maybe the source knows about Kennedy's reported intimidation of witnesses, making them too scared to give evidence, as reported by Mark Hollingsworth in an article in the Evening Standard?

You have to do what feels right to you Mr Bennett. Pass it to the authorities and let their experts decide whether it is information worth pursuing or keep it to yourself, as technically you are doing, and nothing is likely to come of it. Either way, you may not get the result that you think this information deserves and that is the way life goes sometimes.

Or silence the source?

You tell me.

Well that is where we differ. I would happily and with faith pass such information, if I had it, to our local Police force. How they dealt with it would either break or maintain my faith in them. Obviously, I would need to remember that ultimately it is not the Police who decides on any prosecutions that should or should not be brought. If I felt that some sort of whitewash had been occuring I would follow the complaints procedure and possibly go to my local MP.

Wouldn't the public's duty simply be to pass it on to those with the wherewithall so that they might make a decision of whether it is worth following up or not?

That depends if you can always trust the authorities to do the right thing. In this case it's far worse. In this case we have to trust Dave Edgar will do the right thing with the information he gets, remembering of course that he's 'convinced' (his word) that Madeleine is being held alive in a prison lair in the 'lawless hills' around Praia da Luz, within about 10 miles of the village. What's he going to do about a source who tells him that she didn't think the Kennedy-led investigationwas really looking for Madeleine. Will he go to Scotland Yard to get help to arrest Kennedy and the McCanns? Or report everything straight back to the bloke he appointed him and pays him?...er, Brian Kennedy.

The authorities, as I mean them, are not Dave Edgar, Gerry McCann et al.

Aren't we meant to want the best for Madeleine after she has been so badly let down by so many people?

Really? In my book she has been let down by only two people.

No, more than two if this is some sort of cover up for something awful as you imply or even an abduction scenario.

Her parents, their friends who were with them, her Granny, uncles, aunties etc all of whom must by now have some idea and whom are keeping silent, the Police in Portugal for allowing themselves to become flustered and led by her parents, those involved in our Police force and potentially our government who have been up to any mischief, Clarence Mitchell, Mrs Fenn for doing absoloutely nothing the night she heard Madeleine cry, Mrs Gaspar for not taking her concerns re: Mr Payne to the authorities much earlier, some forum posters for writing dispicable and sometimes dirty things about a child who may be dead or who may be suffering, the abductor if there was one, the paedophile or whomever she was abducted and given to, those knowing the abductor and the paedophile or whoever got her but whom have said and done nothing to help her, and any other that had any involvement at all that I have forgotten to mention. See lots more than two.

If that is so wouldn't we pass on any information, no matter how silly or trivial it might appear to us, to somebody with the means to make a better judgment call than probably the majority of us could make ourselves?

It all depends on whether you believe that Madeleine really was abducted or not. Many a family before the McCanns has concocted a claim of abduction, only for us all to find that we have wasted a lot of time and effort looking for a child the family already knew to be dead. It has happened time, after time, after time.

I agree totally but of course, what we must not forget is that each is entitled to their opinion on what did happen to her. Those that believe that she was abducted are going to be inclined to want any information checked out in the hope that she might be found. Personally, I find myself inclined to believe that the child is probably dead but heck that doesn't give me the right to stop others believeing otherwise and doing what they feel best.

Take care.

I wish the McCanns had.

Again, I couldn't agree with you more.

Take care

Kololi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 02.04.10 12:52

Is it Rosiepops time of the month?

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 03.04.10 11:42

@Judge Mental wrote:vaguely1 writes .............. 'Do you actually believe that?'

Where would we be today? In the same place, sitting at the screen.

Where would the investigation be? In exactly the same place as it is. Nothing has come from all these letters, forums, foundations has it?

It's great that people want to find out the truth of what happened to Madeleine that night - but it will only ever be done through the proper means, and it will only ever be done by people who haven't already made their minds up in one direction or the other.

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum