The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Sunday Express tomorrow  BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL - Page 3 Mm11

Sunday Express tomorrow  BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Sunday Express tomorrow  BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL - Page 3 Mm11

Sunday Express tomorrow  BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL - Page 3 Regist10

Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Express tomorrow  BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by russiandoll 05.05.13 0:33

I think the Star is just a trash tabliod who has conflated the 2 stories to sell their paper to the masses.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Sunday Express tomorrow  BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by aiyoyo 05.05.13 0:34

Wont be a la style Mccans that is for sure, if the Police ordered it!

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 05.05.13 0:35

tasprin wrote:Did the McCanns give the Star their inappropriate 'exclusive' about little April Jones to counteract Robert Murat's 'exclusive' in the Express? Very strange goings-on at the moment.

Indeed very strange Mcs talking about someone else other then them??!

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 05.05.13 0:38

russiandoll wrote:I think the Star is just a trash tabliod who has conflated the 2 stories to sell their paper to the masses.

But isn't Star journo Tracey Kandohla, a fellow resident of Rotheley and friend of the McCanns?
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 05.05.13 0:38

tasprin wrote:Did the McCanns give the Star their inappropriate 'exclusive' about little April Jones to counteract Robert Murat's 'exclusive' in the Express? Very strange goings-on at the moment.

Well, I think we all know what the answer to that is. Whatever the McCanns do, there is always a reason for it.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop 05.05.13 0:40

ShuBob wrote:
loopzdaloop wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
loopzdaloop wrote:Chuffed that the express have paid him for a story. Happy anniversary.

How do you know he has been paid?

Why else would he pop his head out this weekend of all weekends in Richmond Desmond's express as an exclusive? He hasn't done a 'lowkey' McCann press junket and broken out the microphones and amps. Murat was burnt by his involvement previously and was almost the patsy, one would have thought he turned his back on it all, like anyone else would have done in his situation.

This is designed to prod the hornets nest, we all know a reconstruction would unearth lots of inconsistencies, the mccanns won't want that. Let's see what happens.

So you don't know he's been paid then? That's all I was asking.

Sorry, no I don't know that. I'm just basing it on general journo business practices.
loopzdaloop
loopzdaloop

Activity : 481

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 05.05.13 0:55

According to Gerry McCann, in his recent interview, the SY investigation/review is gathering pace and they are nearer to learning the truth about what happened to Madeleine. Robert Murat obviously wants the truth too, and has called for a reconstruction. So I was surprised that Clarence Mitchell declined to comment on the matter. I really thought he would say "Gerry and Kate, and their friends, are ready to fly out at the drop of a hat if that is what is required of them".
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 05.05.13 1:54

Maybe SY are standing by their phones waiting for a call from the 'one or two' Tapas9 friends that wanted to 'change' their statements in 2007.
PM

Carter-Ruck won't let them anywhere near a witness box.
No self respecting solicitor is going to let them do a reconstruction.

Why not? After all, their extremely highly paid QC Mrs Martorell LIED on oath for them
What's another couple of liars in a witness box going to say that Mrs Martorell didn't?

BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL?

THE MCCANNS AND THEIR FRIENDS SHOULD HAVE BEEN OFFERING TO GO BACK EVERY DAY OF THE LAST SIX YEARS!
GIVEN THAT ALL OF THE T9 SAID THEY WOULD WOULD ABSOLUTELY 'ANYTHING' to GET MADELEINE BACK!

GIVE ALL FUND MONEY TO PJ TO PAY FOR THE CASE TO BE RE-OPENED (as Gerry said he'd be 'delighted' if the case were re-opened)
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 05.05.13 2:44

I created this graphic yesterday ...The 'tears' were not about Madeleine....

Sunday Express tomorrow  BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL - Page 3 9days6yrsb_zps8746aec7
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.05.13 5:44

candyfloss wrote: Sunday Express tomorrow  BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL - Page 3 BJc-n5JCMAAv9Oy

Can't find it.

Where is it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.05.13 6:14

Gosh what suprise to see Express front page, wonder if Desmond is paving the way to serialize Murat's mother's book?

I don't remember them through a week of interviews mention April Jones, so why give a story to the Star about lighting a candle for her?

MCCANNS THINKING OF APRIL

THE parents of Madeleine McCann remembered murdered schoolgirl April Jones during a service to pray for the return of their missing daughter.

Tearful Kate and Gerry spared a thought for the tragic youngster and her family despite their own heartache.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/312883/MCCANNS-THINKING-OF-APRIL/

How nice of them to spare a thought, are they trying to show they are thinking of someone else, no way they are self, self and self again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.05.13 6:24

Portia wrote:
candyfloss wrote: Sunday Express tomorrow  BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL - Page 3 BJc-n5JCMAAv9Oy

Can't find it.

Where is it?

Portia, I've searched the Sunday Express but can't find it, which seems strange, Sky News online is showing front page only.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.05.13 6:32

What do April and poor Maddie have in common?

What's so strong it makes the McCs break out in tears (on camera, but still..)

Why are they not constantly in the 'praying Arab mode' for the 80.000 Syrians dead, probably half of them little children?

As they clearly are not (as witnessed by their cheerful countenances on TV very very recently) there must be something in the April Jones' case that strongly suggests reminiscence of Maddie's

Now, what would that be?

Child out on its own;
Paedophile;
Body maltreated, done away with disrespectfully?

Death?

Why cry for April, out of all the missing children in this world?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.05.13 6:45

Cherry Blossom wrote:
Portia wrote:

Can't find it.

Where is it?

Portia, I've searched the Sunday Express but can't find it, which seems strange, Sky News online is showing front page only.

Thanks Cherry,

Instant whooshing, or is it?!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.05.13 6:55

IMO the real question is: what happened to the front page -and on whose orders- between its appearance on Sky and the new page we're seeing now?

How much elapsed time?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 05.05.13 6:58

Now this is good news,but it begs the question why would Robert murat suggest a reconstruction after all this time ,does he know more about want went on in PDL,
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.05.13 7:13

That's question nr 2

Question nr 1 is: why put a mike under his nose NOW?

And Qestion Ground Zero: why run this article NOW?

Sunday Express tomorrow  BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL - Page 3 234726
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 05.05.13 7:18

Portia wrote:That's question nr 2

Question nr 1 is: why put a mike under his nose NOW?

And Qestion Ground Zero: why run this article NOW?

Sunday Express tomorrow  BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL - Page 3 234726
Good questions,hope someone can answer them,seems a bit fishy to me
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 05.05.13 7:25

Madeleine World Exclusive (SUNDAY EXPRESS Front page portion only)
BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL
Former Maddie suspect Robert Murat says key 48 hours must be re-enacted and that police probe is a mess.
From James Murray in Praia da Luz

ROBERT MURAT today appeals for Scotland Yard to stage a filmed reconstruction of all the events surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Marking the sixth anniversary of her abduction, the Algarve-based businessman says a 48-hour time-line would help police police conducting a £4.5milion review of the case.

Mr Murat who was cleared as a suspect said "They need to start....

Turn to page 4

RECONSTRUCTION: Why McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate.

HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 05.05.13 7:27

I wonder when Op Grange have made one of their visits to PdL, did they pop in to Casa Liliana for some hospitality and a chat with an ex-pat? I'm sure they've had one or two interesting conversations on their four or so visits over there.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.05.13 7:36

Anyone been able to turn up page 4?

Sunday Express tomorrow  BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL - Page 3 3139096799
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 05.05.13 7:51

If you go on to the Express website you can read it. It is not as promising as it looks. For some reason the http address didn't come to my browser so couldn't work out out to copy the link over, but I'm sure someone will very soon

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 05.05.13 8:00

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/397244/Bring-them-all-back-to-Portugal
'Bring them all back to Portugal’

ROBERT MURAT today appeals for Scotland Yard to stage a filmed reconstruction of all the events surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

By: James MurrayPublished: Sun, May 5, 2013
PHOTO _ Robert Murat, cleared as a suspect, on the eve of the 6th anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance

Marking the sixth anniversary of her abduction, the Algarve-based businessman says a 48-hour timeline would help police conducting a £4.5million review of the case.
Mr Murat, who was cleared as a suspect, said: “They need to start from the beginning.” So far the two-year review by more than 20 detectives in London has not led to a breakthrough.
Portugal’s authorities have not been persuaded to reopen the investigation, although Policia Judiciaria policewoman Helena Monteiro liaises regularly with officers from the Yard’s Operation Grange.
Mr Murat, 39, spoke to the Sunday Express while sipping tea in Casa ­Liliana, his elderly mother Jenny’s villa 150 yards from apartment 5a of the Ocean Club where Madeleine vanished.

He said: “They need to speak to everybody, including myself, and they need to get the Portuguese involved in a much more constructive way.
“To get somewhere now they need to have a joint team working here together in Praia da Luz. This is where it happened. It didn’t happen in England.
“The reconstruction should cover the critical period just before and after the abduction.”

Madeleine was three when she disappeared from the apartment at about 9.15pm while her parents Kate and Gerry McCann and seven friends ate at a tapas bar nearby. When the Judiciaria named the McCanns as suspects, they and their friends chose not to take part in a PJ-led reconstruction. It would be different now that they have been cleared, said Mr Murat.
He said: “A reconstruction is a real necessity. I am sure it would fill in some of the missing pieces of the jigsaw. Even now after all this time, the timeline is still confused.”
Thirteen days after Madeleine’s disappearance Mr Murat was named as a suspect. His mother’s home, where he lived then, was searched, his computers were taken, he was questioned for 19 hours by Portuguese police and his property business was wrecked.

His eagerness to help with the original investigation, helping police with translations, aroused a journalist’s suspicions. Three of the McCanns’ friends believed they saw him on the night Madeleine vanished but his mother confirmed to police he was with her all night at Casa Liliana.
After being cleared as a suspect in July 2008 he won substantial damages from newspapers.

Despite his ordeal he believes Madeleine’s fate should be uppermost in everybody’s minds as another anniversary passes.
He said: “You cannot lose sight of the fact that a child was taken and we need to know what happened to her.”
He is still willing to be interviewed by the review team, which has made no effort to contact him. “I have no problem with that whatsoever,” he said emphatically.
“I am available to help on the proper legal basis. I think everybody who was around at that time, holidaymakers and people at the Ocean Club, should be interviewed again. The timeline needs to be made crystal clear because there is still so much confusion, such a mess.”

PHOTO _ Madeleine aged three in Everton shirt

Police need to be here, not England
Asked if he thought Madeleine’s fate would ever be known, he brushed back his thick dark brown hair, rubbed his tanned chin and said: “I hope so, I believe it will come out one day.” He said Portugal’s financial crisis means “if the British do want to get to the bottom of this, it is a case of funding the Portuguese”.

Mr Murat, who grew up in Devon and Portugal, now has a young family with wife Michaela. They were both victims of the relentless media frenzy when Madeleine vanished and it has left its scars. For the first time during the interview he became emotional and said in a whisper: “There is no way to describe the impact this has had on our lives. Six years later it still affects me. I wasn’t able to do much for years and years.

“It was difficult getting back on the horse, so to speak, and do the stuff I was doing before.”
His property business went, partly because his computers were held by the PJ for so long, but now he has built up Newteq, an Apple-authorised service provider on the Algarve. He said he and Michaela live a quiet life, staying away from some events because people still come up to him and say: “You’re that Mr Murat.”

Before 2007 he says he was one of those people who was always eager to help others, to get involved in the community. Now he is more guarded.
When the original police investigation was at its height, he bumped into a British man, Steve Carpenter, who persuaded him to meet the McCanns because they needed his language skills. He said: “I met Gerry and said: ‘I don’t know what to say, there is nothing I can say but I do speak Portuguese and English and I will help in any way I can’.”
He helped Portugal’s GNR military officers to search the Ocean Club apartments and translated statements from key witnesses, giving him a unique inside perspective on the case.

He said: “From the experiences of the interviews there are some points that could be looked at.
“There needs to be much more transparency, much more openness to dissipate a lot of the stuff that has been talked about on the internet and on blogs.”
He does not believe the results of the Yard’s work should be made available to the public.
“The Yard needs to get together with the Portuguese police and ­produce a final report,” he said. “They need to sit down together and come up with a final version, a structured report.

“The report should be done by the Portuguese with the support of the British.”

Last week Prime Minister David Cameron had a private meeting with the McCanns in London, promising them the review would not fall foul of budget cuts and giving them enough confidence to say on their website that they hope for a significant breakthrough in the months ahead.

On Friday night Kate and Gerry, both 45, gathered around a candle which burns night and day for Madeleine outside their home village of Rothley, Leicestershire. A 50-strong crowd supported them as they marked the anniversary with prayers with Madeleine’s ­siblings, eight-year-old twins Sean and Amelie.

Mr Murat said: “It must be a ­tremendously difficult time of year for them and of course as a human being you feel for them and for the loss of their daughter.
“At this time of year, like so many people on the Algarve, we have been thinking about this poor girl.
“I just hope in the months ahead the PJ are fully involved because in my view that is the best way of solving the mystery.”
At St Vincent’s church in Praia da Luz, where Kate and Gerry went regularly, worshippers also prayed for Madeleine, whose 10th birthday is on May 12.

Clarence Mitchell, the McCanns’ spokesman, declined to comment on Mr Murat’s views last night, saying the couple were happy with how Scotland Yard is conducting the review.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 05.05.13 8:05

Well, that's the Sunday Express well advertised last night, the headlines have since been whooshed.

PeterMac wrote:They all go back to Portugal to re-enact 1 minute and 20 seconds ? ? ?
I doubt it.
The only piece that is of any importance is the time from when Gerry LEFT the apartment to the time JT ": saw the abductor".
You need three people - JT, GM, and JW
and someone desperately trying to play the part of the abductor.
(Oh, and a small doll and a cuddle cat and a blanket !)
Everyone else and everything else is totally irrelevant.
And they have already done that bit, in the mockumentary, and it didn't work.

I find the article very interesting in that it suggests that a reconstruction of the previous 48 hours is called for. If we were looking to find out what happened on the evening of May 3rd 2007, then Petermac would be correct in saying that 1 minute 20 seconds is all that is required, but Murat, according to this article is calling for a reconstruction of the previous 48 hours. Doesn't that suggest that he thinks that something significant was happening within those 48 hours and that the movement of the Tapas 9 needs to be established?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11199

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 05.05.13 8:18

Ah ha. Now that is something else entirely !
And that would not be a reconstruction, because it would involve things which have never been revealed.
And it is surely libellous to suggest that anything other than the official 1m:20 s slot might have happened.
Is't it, Kevin.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top