The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 8 Mm11

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 8 Mm11

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 8 Regist10

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Page 8 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 8 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by mydadsanastronaut 06.02.13 11:03

jd wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/hello-guys-you-have-been-mentioned-in-trial.988619/

Ian West aka Muratfan has this to say on Big Footy forum.
Response by their Admin is funny.

His attempts to scare Tony's supporters is failing miserably.

Ian West.....Has to hide as a female on its profile, not man enough...Whatever stone it lives under it is a seriously mentally retarded T**T in bad need of the (real) men in white coats

muratfan

Draftee
Female, 40

Profile Page
Member Since: Dec 20, 2012 Posts: 73 Likes Received: 2 Trophy Points: 4

Even as we speak, he's probably having his make up done, ready for his appearance in court.
mydadsanastronaut

Activity : 98

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 8 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by Humanist 06.02.13 11:05

I like the comment about C-R actually handling stolen goods.
I think there are people around London right now, knowing a lot more than we do.
And whilst many might be chewing nervously on a pencil and trying to still their wilting hearts......i think there are many, many intelligent writers out there who are so sick of the lies and behaviour of the elite and gentry ...
This is swinging the class battle. No pun intended.
Every blue collar worker in the Uk would be behind Tony right now.
Every white collar worker as well.

I think pretty well everyone, except for those involved in the cover up (and those are many) but we are more and more sensing that the tide
has turned.
Slowly bit by bit without being obvious, justice is winging her way in.
And as you would not eat all the food in a restuarant in one sitting.
This unfoldment must take time. We want it in the papers for a long time.
We don't want to see a guilty Kate and Gerry alone in the van.
We want to see a Clarence Mitchell in court.
FSS laboratories in court.
Every single paper that slandered Amaral in court.
If court is the only way to do these things then Tony is giving US ALL our day in court.
So much bigger than Madeleine alone.

So again Tony sending you strength and justice and most profound gratitude.
Humanist

Activity : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Wahrheit 06.02.13 11:07

monkey mind wrote:
PeterMac wrote:He used the word 'subterfuge" but in fact it falls straight into the definition of Obtaining Property by Deception. s 15 Theft Act.
That being the case, and depending where the book now is, Carter- Ruck, or possibly a specific and traceable person within that company may have committed the offence of Handling Stolen goods. S. 22.
Correct. You'd think such highely waged lawyers would be aware of that...

Hi,

First time poster but very long time lurker.

Most importantly, I wish Tony all the best for his persistence and sacrifice.

In response, to the above, I believe that section of the Theft Act has been replaced by the Fraud Act but there is still a breach of Ss. 2 and 3. S2 below if the intention was to cause Tony loss. Here is a link Fraud Act. I'm sure Mr Justice Tugendhat has noticed.

2Fraud by false representation

(1)A person is in breach of this section if he—
(a)dishonestly makes a false representation, and
(b)intends, by making the representation—
(i)to make a gain for himself or another, or
(ii)to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.
(2)A representation is false if—
(a)it is untrue or misleading, and
(b)the person making it knows that it is, or might be, untrue or misleading.
Wahrheit

Activity : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 06.02.13 11:07

Humanist wrote:I like the comment about C-R actually handling stolen goods.
I think there are people around London right now, knowing a lot more than we do.
And whilst many might be chewing nervously on a pencil and trying to still their wilting hearts......i think there are many, many intelligent writers out there who are so sick of the lies and behaviour of the elite and gentry ...
This is swinging the class battle. No pun intended.
Every blue collar worker in the Uk would be behind Tony right now.
Every white collar worker as well.

I think pretty well everyone, except for those involved in the cover up (and those are many) but we are more and more sensing that the tide
has turned.
Slowly bit by bit without being obvious, justice is winging her way in.
And as you would not eat all the food in a restuarant in one sitting.
This unfoldment must take time. We want it in the papers for a long time.
We don't want to see a guilty Kate and Gerry alone in the van.
We want to see a Clarence Mitchell in court.
FSS laboratories in court.
Every single paper that slandered Amaral in court.
If court is the only way to do these things then Tony is giving US ALL our day in court.
So much bigger than Madeleine alone.

So again Tony sending you strength and justice and most profound gratitude.
***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 8 41345390
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by skater58 06.02.13 11:46

Excellent Post, Humanist!! Let us hope and pray that group of folks visit the inside of a courtroom soon. It couldn't happen to a more deserving set of "parents."

Best of luck again today, Tony. We are all so proud of you and I thank you for your steadfast devotion in getting justice for precious Maddie.
skater58

Activity : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by doug 06.02.13 11:52

C.Edwards wrote:
monkey mind wrote:
I Just to add, it seems from Tony's account that even if the Judge finds against him tomorrow he is opening the doors to a future hearing and libel trial when the McCanns and their team of lawyers will not be able to prevent this being aired in court. And that, they definitely do not want.

Tony is planning to make (or may already have made?) an application to lift the stay on the libel proceedings. He wanted to vary three of the undertakings in the initial order he agreed to but Justice Tugendhat ruled that it wasn't possible to vary the undertakings whilst the stay remained in place as it would be dealing with the essence of what the stayed libel trial was all about whilst the stay would technically remain in place, therefore rendering the stay somewhat useless. Therefore Tony was told he had to apply to lift the stay on the libel trial.

To do so, he has to prove there is reasonable evidence to make it viable for the court to lift the stay (despite the obvious opposition from the McCann legal team to such a move - they are quoted as saying that Tony's stated reasons for varying the order/lifting the stay are not worthy of such an action) and it is at this hearing that the evidence ruled as being irrelevant today becomes highly relevant. CR will almost certainly attempt to have the application to lift the stay struck out as having no merit but it sounds like Justice Tugendhat is leaning towards at least having the hearing and I think it unlikely CR will succeed in their attempt to stifle the application.

IF Tony wins that hearing then the stay on the libel trial will be lifted and it's full speed ahead. Which in practical terms means it will be probably be approximately a year at least before such a libel trial can be set in motion... the wheels of justice grind slowly.

And IMHO therein lies the issue. For now it is about Tony's undertakings. It is about whether he breached them or not.

My limited experience with courts have shown to me that courts have to apply the law. Many assume this will result in justice. IMO this is not
always the case. Many of us have heard the phrase "the law is an ass".

My hope is that Justice Tugendhat finds some room to manoeuvre on Tony's behalf due a few vagaries around the interpretation of the law(s) which Tony is caught up in.

Best of luck Tony.

Doug
doug

Activity : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by lufc50337 06.02.13 12:02

Doug I think you're right the Judge will probably see the right and wrong in the situation but will need a reason or a precedent to rule in Tony's favour
lufc50337

Activity : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by sombrero 06.02.13 12:08

Doug

That is an accurate assessment of the situation.

I think one of the questions TB missed out yesterday was on cross examiation to discover who gave the orders to buy the book.
sombrero

Activity : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two 06.02.13 12:17

The McCanns' strategy has always been to avoid actually appearing in court in person; perhaps because that would mean being cross examined under oath and one notes from following this case for the past five years or more, that they would have huge difficulties with that. The only time that McCanns have been cross examined under oath was at the Leveson inquiry and although they had the goodwill of the court behind them and the barrister cross examining was far from hostile so that they were not subjected to a proper cross examination in the true sense of the word, they struggled. As far as I understand it, it has always been Dr. Amaral's intention to get them into a courtroom to testify; something they have to date always managed to avoid. It's therefore good to see Mr. Bennett moving in this direction as well. I have a feeling that those newspapers who settled out of court when faced with the McCann legal attack made a big mistake which has allowed this whole sordid business to carry on for much longer than it would otherwise have done.
T4two
T4two

Activity : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Buildersbum 06.02.13 12:48

T4two wrote:The McCanns' strategy has always been to avoid actually appearing in court in person; perhaps because that would mean being cross examined under oath and one notes from following this case for the past five years or more, that they would have huge difficulties with that. The only time that McCanns have been cross examined under oath was at the Leveson inquiry and although they had the goodwill of the court behind them and the barrister cross examining was far from hostile so that they were not subjected to a proper cross examination in the true sense of the word, they struggled. As far as I understand it, it has always been Dr. Amaral's intention to get them into a courtroom to testify; something they have to date always managed to avoid. It's therefore good to see Mr. Bennett moving in this direction as well. I have a feeling that those newspapers who settled out of court when faced with the McCann legal attack made a big mistake which has allowed this whole sordid business to carry on for much longer than it would otherwise have done.

Spot on T4two excellent post....

I'm waiting for the outcome of the Amaral/McCann 30 day out of curt settlement which I know will never happen Dr Amaral as you say wants them in court, and I for one can not wait.
The clock is ticking away nicely for justice for little Maddy :flower:
Buildersbum

Activity : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 06.02.13 12:52

There are some in too deep to save their scraggy necks. Others might consider extricating themselves from further calumny. All unravelling slowly but when it picks up speed it will take some off their feet as fast as an unsecured hawser unspooling on a trawler deck.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.02.13 12:52

Woofer wrote:"The circumstances under which I agreed to give the undertakings - on 2 October 2009 following legal advice from Kirwans - were also deemed irrelevant. The fact that the only alternative I was faced with was to face a full-blown libel trial, up against the legal firepower of Carter-Ruck and with no Legal Aid for defamation cases, was also ruled irrelevant."

If Justice Tugendhat heard that you had no alternative, I think it was unfair of him to rule as irrelevant.

Judge T was right there.

TB had been able to get legal advise, which he followed.
And he was able to speak his mind before a Court.

In the formal sense, his Undertaking stands.

What became known in the public domain afterward is what counts: so much further information on the disappearance and the parallel Amaral case.

TBs main argument should be that all posterior developments exonerate him from minimally deviating from his undertaking. And that the greater moral, social and legal issue remains: what happened to the child?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sombrero 06.02.13 12:56

The case is over!!! Judgement in about one weeks time.

My friend Wendy was able to give some little assistance to TB thiss morning.

Her feeling was that it went well today. TB was much better today than yesterday.
sombrero

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 8 Empty BBC East Midlands Today report on Trial

Post by scotuk 06.02.13 12:57

Thanks to Joana Morais who published this on Facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krn-LLFpWxM
scotuk

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 06.02.13 12:59

I think all of us only actually want the thing to go into a court of law, and for the story to be put to the test once and for all in front of a jury. All the inaccuracies in the witness statements, expert witnesses re dogs, body language experts, forensic analysis of the fund etc put to the test.

A thorough and public scrutiny of the whole thing.

If there was 100% cast iron evidence and proof beyond all reasonable doubt that an abduction HAD occurred I'm sure we are all grown up enough to accept that. Until such a time, we have every right to stand by the conclusions we have drawn from what is currently available in the public domain. To deny people the right to discuss what material IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FROM POLICE is an abuse of human rights and freedom of speech.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 06.02.13 13:05

sombrero wrote:The case is over!!! Judgement in about one weeks time.

My friend Wendy was able to give some little assistance to TB thiss morning.

Her feeling was that it went well today. TB was much better today than yesterday.

Can you find out for us if Ian West was there today or has he just been inventing his tweets? Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by sombrero 06.02.13 13:10

Difficult to get through to my friend and frankly I dont know who you are talking about but the case is over.
sombrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.02.13 13:14

scotuk wrote:Thanks to Joana Morais who published this on Facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krn-LLFpWxM

A good thing the BBC came out with this factual account.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 06.02.13 13:15

sombrero wrote:Difficult to get through to my friend and frankly I dont know who you are talking about but the case is over.

Ian West is aka Muratfan who is a stalker of Tony's. He has been tweeting stuff as if it is fact but is inconsistent with what people who were actually there have reported. Time to flush out the vermin, methinks.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 06.02.13 13:26

I have just read on Missing Madeleine that the case is over and judgement will be given in about a weeks time. This was from a poster who has a friend who is there with the support group. I have not heard anything from my own friends who are there so don't know if it is 100% true. We will wait for confirmation.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.02.13 13:28

Smokeandmirrors wrote:
sombrero wrote:Difficult to get through to my friend and frankly I dont know who you are talking about but the case is over.

Ian West is aka Muratfan who is a stalker of Tony's. He has been tweeting stuff as if it is fact but is inconsistent with what people who were actually there have reported. Time to flush out the vermin, methinks.....

Some ppl should have a price tag to their head , even the empty ones big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sombrero 06.02.13 13:54

As an add on my friend said that TB came over well when it came to his own cross examination..she just texted me "he was good...came over as honest and cooperative".
sombrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Southgate 06.02.13 13:55

Smokeandmirrors wrote:http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/hello-guys-you-have-been-mentioned-in-trial.988619/

Admins reply is pure class!!***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 8 110921

Bob Southgate
Bob Southgate

Activity : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.02.13 14:00

Bob Southgate wrote:

Admins reply is pure class!!***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 8 110921

Haha that was seriously funny big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 06.02.13 14:05

Nina wrote:I have just read on Missing Madeleine that the case is over and judgement will be given in about a weeks time. This was from a poster who has a friend who is there with the support group. I have not heard anything from my own friends who are there so don't know if it is 100% true. We will wait for confirmation.

Was that me Nina? It was sombrero's post from here l just copied and posted on MM. ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 8 847771
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top