The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns Hire Car Contract - Page 7 Mm11

McCanns Hire Car Contract - Page 7 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns Hire Car Contract - Page 7 Mm11

McCanns Hire Car Contract - Page 7 Regist10

McCanns Hire Car Contract

Page 7 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns Hire Car Contract - Page 7 Empty Re: McCanns Hire Car Contract

Post by Mirage 08.02.13 17:43

jd

Congrats on the painstaking research which I have been following with interest. I am sure there is plenty of reason to be suspicious of the passport/car-hire anomalies. Where a missing child is concerned, most particularly.

The impression for me can be summed up in one word - shady. Add into that, lost wallet, variously at Waterloo station or Whitehall. Also an uncorroborated account (IIRC) of GM attending a heart attack victim on the plane over.

I understand it is on the record with the PJ that the pair had no credit cards!!! Hmm. That doesn't seem to pan out either.

Add into the recipe the non-arrival of requested personal details of MBM from Blighty to assist the PT investigation. Hmm again.

What right-minded person wouldn't question the passport puzzle against that backdrop of the unusual?

It starts to make you wonder who these people really are, rather than thinking them just extraordinarily lax.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 08.02.13 17:49

Just to add: I believe Kate mcCann wasn't a named driver of the car. Although she did drive it, at least on the occasion when she picked Gerry up from the airport and they found a drunk in the road ( that was just after Gerry had saved the life of a man on the plane, lost his wallet, been to Ceops and been handed the SY manual on forensics, dear, dear, some people do live dont' they?).

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 08.02.13 17:55

tigger wrote:Just to add: I believe Kate mcCann wasn't a named driver of the car. Although she did drive it, at least on the occasion when she picked Gerry up from the airport and they found a drunk in the road ( that was just after Gerry had saved the life of a man on the plane, lost his wallet, been to Ceops and been handed the SY manual on forensics, dear, dear, some people do live dont' they?).

makes me think again of one of our posters talking about 'pre-emptive' statements. The drunk helped to the apartment in the block that maybe the police were also interested in etc.

It would be good to make a list of the 'convenient little asides by KandG' that seem to answer questions in advance of them being asked.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 08.02.13 17:59

tigger wrote:Just to add: I believe Kate mcCann wasn't a named driver of the car. Although she did drive it, at least on the occasion when she picked Gerry up from the airport and they found a drunk in the road ( that was just after Gerry had saved the life of a man on the plane, lost his wallet, been to Ceops and been handed the SY manual on forensics, dear, dear, some people do live dont' they?).

Tigger, I had to laugh reading your additions. Just when you think you've recalled all the convolutions, there are always more. Ye gods, would all these red flags, when stitched together, circumvent the globe?
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 08.02.13 18:15

Mirage wrote:

Tigger, I had to laugh reading your additions. Just when you think you've recalled all the convolutions, there are always more. Ye gods, would all these red flags, when stitched together, circumvent the globe?

enough already, the pair are starting to sound like the Avengers. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 08.02.13 18:19

jd wrote:
Regarding the passports, I will bow out of that discussion until I see proof that Gery had a second passport. Regarding DVLA driving license and using a false adress, will bow out off that one too. If I gave my driving licence to a car company with my old address on it becUse I hadnt been bothered to update it yet I wouldnt really care. Like it matters much.

In my opinion, anyone who really wants to find the truth about Maddie (and truely believes something is seriously amiss with the abduction story) would be questioning in this topic why the father of the missing child is suddenly using a false address from a whole year and a half ago, with a different passport not disclosed to the official police investigation. If this does not raise a curiosity then what does

Car rental companies would copy whatever address that appears on your driver's licence, and if GM hadn't renewed his licence when he moved to a new address, then that explains why the old address appears on the car rental contract. No big deal.

I am more interested in what you make of the number of passports seen.

If Gerry had two passports in Portugal and if all three children had one of their own, then that makes six. Even assuming PJ had taken Madeleine's passport away, they should still have had five passports in their possession, not four?

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 08.02.13 19:49

obviously cos it was hidden
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What 08.02.13 19:58

I am not sure there is anything that is "obvious" in this affair.
Dr What

Activity : 286

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 08.02.13 20:02

Dr What wrote:I am not sure there is anything that is "obvious" in this affair.

true, gerrys second passport wasnt in the pile
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 09.02.13 2:43

Can someone please explain this?

This is the car hire contract on May 27th 2007....Note It has the additional driver as Michael Wright together with his DVLA number

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

From Michael Wright's RI on 15th April 2008 he states:

First trip to PDL Saturday, 5 May, - Friday, 11 May, I returned home for a weekend with my family.
After that I made five further trips to Portugal on:
Monday, 14 May to Friday, 18 May.
Friday, 8 June to Wednesday, 13 June
Thursday, 12 July to Friday, 13 July.
Wednesday, 22 August to Saturday, 1 September.
Friday, 7 September to Sunday, 9 September.

He was not in PDL on the 27th May 2007 but back home in the UK!!!!

And there's more, he then states:

At the time I travelled with Anne-Marie on 8 June, Kate and Gerry had rented a vehicle. Gerry suggested that I be added to the insured driver's list so that I could drive it while they were in Morocco, but I judged [thought] that to be unnecessary as they would only be gone for a few days. When I was in Portugal on 12 July I was picked up by Kate who was driving the Renault Espace. It was on our trip to Portugal on 22 August that Gerry suggested that I was added to the contract as an additional driver and I accepted. Gerry and I went to Lagos and I was included in the contract as additional driver.

And even more....Sandy Cameron states in his RI on 15th April 2008

On the 27th of May of 2007, Gerry was handed a rental vehicle in the Mark Warner tourist complex;

I met with the representative of the car rental agency at Gerry's request, and as such, my name was also on the rental contract

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In summary: This contract has gerry mcann using a false address, a passport number not disclosed to the official police investigation, a out-of-date DVLA, an additional driver with his DVLA number not even in the country, a member of the mccann family saying that their name is on the contract when it is clearly not!

Activity : 4400

Cammerigal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 09.02.13 8:34

This is absolute dynamite jd. Kudos to you for digging and digging . I just knew you were on to something. Wow!
I always knew there was something dodgy with that guy Wright. He was that one pictured on the rocks with GM looking for something, no?
Also, the laboured introduction of cousin Anne-Marie in the book, giving the impression of closeness which I didn't quite buy as there had been on mention in the childhood section of her IIRC.
Need a cuppa and time to absorb this. Crikey!
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by dentdelion 09.02.13 8:44

I have recently been making inquiries for hiring a car for someone who does not have a credit card and have been told that while I could pay for such hire on my card, whoever is the 'named driver' must produce a credit card in his name on the day of collection for a deposit to be taken.
A credit card seems to be indispensable these days for organising flights, accommodation etc. I have been able to use mine to help out but the car hire is a problem.
dentdelion
dentdelion

Activity : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 09.02.13 8:51

Why can't they even hire a car without a whole mass of weirdness surrounding it?
It's all these "issues", like she / they said they didn't think they would get into the Tapas on the 3rd in a TV interview, yet had made a week long booking.
Like the differing stories over who took the tennis court photo.
The shutters that were smashed but forensically, not evidence of anything was found other than Kates fingerprint.
Was there a blue bag or wasn't there?

It makes me feel SO cross that no-ones had the balls to call them to account for all this glaring nonsense. All the BS is there in their own statements, TV interviews etc it's on the record as coming directly from their own mouths, not some third party interpretation. THAT is why us doubters won't let this go. Being told blatant nonsense and facing threats for not accepting the bl**dy ridiculous is not acceptable.

Gerry set the tone for the whole bl**dy charade when he was captured on video at the airport saying (in front of small children)

"F*** Off, I'm not here to enjoy myself!"

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What 09.02.13 9:17

Well played jd.

Was someone impersonating someone else in all this? Did Cameron pretend to be Wright for the rental purposes?Makes you wonder if it was GM who originally hired in car in the first place,and the impersonator got the address wrong.
What a little web.But nothing happens by accident.
All those trips to far-away places in the car.I hope they didn't accidentally lose any luggage en route,particularly sports bags.
Makes you wonder what our professional police force has been reviewing for the past 2 years!
Dr What

Activity : 286

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 09.02.13 9:27

Dr What wrote:Well played jd.

Was someone impersonating someone else in all this? Did Cameron pretend to be Wright for the rental purposes?Makes you wonder if it was GM who originally hired in car in the first place,and the impersonator got the address wrong.
All those trips to far-away places in the car.I hope they didn't accidentally lose any luggage en route,particularly sports bags.
Makes you wonder what our professional police force has been reviewing for the past 2 years!

They're in B&Q wondering which tins of white paint to buy and what size of roller.
This job will probably need three coats.
Just as well forum members here are doing the work that detectives should be doing, or am I about to be surprised and it's not a whitewash job after all.
Perhaps we'd better just check in Allied Carpets whilst we're here in case something has been swept under one of the up to 100% off shop displays. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 09.02.13 9:39

bobbin wrote:

They're in B&Q wondering which tins of white paint to buy and what size of roller.
Just as well forum members here are doing the work that detectives should be doing, or am I about to be surprised and it's not a whitewash job after all.
Perhaps we'd better just check in Allied Carpets whilst we're here in case something has been swept under one of the up to 100% off shop displays. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There will always be that one little corner though that needs constant re-touches. Out damned spot!
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 09.02.13 9:44

Mirage wrote:
bobbin wrote:

There will always be that one little corner though that needs constant re-touches. Out damned spot!

Is that the corner the McCs and all their entourage of high up protectors, heavy boys and sycophants are trying to paint their way out of ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 09.02.13 9:48

dentdelion wrote:I have recently been making inquiries for hiring a car for someone who does not have a credit card and have been told that while I could pay for such hire on my card, whoever is the 'named driver' must produce a credit card in his name on the day of collection for a deposit to be taken.
A credit card seems to be indispensable these days for organising flights, accommodation etc. I have been able to use mine to help out but the car hire is a problem.

Hi dentdelion. Due to failed ITV, the Spanish MOT, we now hire a small car for 3 months at a time. At first we didn't have a credit card, just debit, but if that was used we had to pay a deposit of 500Euro to cover for parking fines or speeding fines. We had taken out additional insurance to cover tyres, screen and underbody. Because we didn't have a credit card where they could 'block' this amount of money, something not possible with a debit card, so we had to hand over the cash. We did get it back at the end of the 3 months and during this time we had applied for and got a credit card so no problems like this now. Also we wanted to put our visiting son on as an additional driver. He had to present himself at the car hire company with his driving licence and passport and also had to fill in a form giving his address it couldn't be done over the telephone had to be face to face with the documentation to support.
So yes agree a credit card is now indispensable and after 51 years of married life and avoiding them we have had to get one nah

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 09.02.13 9:52

Nina wrote:
dentdelion wrote:I have recently been making inquiries for hiring a car for someone who does not have a credit card and have been told that while I could pay for such hire on my card, whoever is the 'named driver' must produce a credit card in his name on the day of collection for a deposit to be taken.

Hi dentdelion. Due to failed ITV, the Spanish MOT, we now hire a small car for 3 months at a time. At first we didn't have a credit card, just debit, but if that was used we had to pay a deposit of 500Euro to cover for parking fines or speeding fines. We had taken out additional insurance to cover tyres, screen and underbody. Because we didn't have a credit card where they could 'block' this amount of money, something not possible with a debit card, so we had to hand over the cash. We did get it back at the end of the 3 months and during this time we had applied for and got a credit card so no problems like this now. Also we wanted to put our visiting son on as an additional driver. He had to present himself at the car hire company with his driving licence and passport and also had to fill in a form giving his address it couldn't be done over the telephone had to be face to face with the documentation to support.
So yes agree a credit card is now indispensable and after 51 years of married life and avoiding them we have had to get one [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well hold onto it tight if in Waterloo station or Whitehall anytime, Nina!
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 09.02.13 9:58

bobbin wrote:
Mirage wrote:
bobbin wrote:

Is that the corner the McCs and all their entourage of high up protectors, heavy boys and sycophants are trying to paint their way out of ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yeah. But the upside is there will be a reception party waiting. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 09.02.13 10:03

Mirage wrote:
Nina wrote:

So yes agree a credit card is now indispensable and after 51 years of married life and avoiding them we have had to get one [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well hold onto it tight if in Waterloo station or Whitehall anytime, Nina!

Hmmm this stolen wallet has always intrigued me as when you get money from the ATM you take card out of wallet /purse, get the cash, put the money and card back in wallet or purse and store it safely away. Now at what stage of this process was the wallet taken, if on completion then he was pickpocketed or stolen from a bag, so was he left completely without money and card and what did he do then. no money and no card?
I know there is a number where you can telephone to cancel the card, but had he got it imprinted on his mind, as the number is in my purse with the cards, or I would have to wait 'till I had got home and it is in the telephone book.
It all just seems so contrived imo.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 09.02.13 10:03

Mirage wrote:This is absolute dynamite jd. Kudos to you for digging and digging . I just knew you were on to something. Wow!
I always knew there was something dodgy with that guy Wright. He was that one pictured on the rocks with GM looking for something, no?
Also, the laboured introduction of cousin Anne-Marie in the book, giving the impression of closeness which I didn't quite buy as there had been on mention in the childhood section of her IIRC.

We shall be needing an annotated copy of the book pretty soon, with plenty of footnotes and solid references!

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 09.02.13 10:07

tigger wrote:
Mirage wrote:This is absolute dynamite jd. Kudos to you for digging and digging . I just knew you were on to something. Wow!

We shall be needing an annotated copy of the book pretty soon, with plenty of footnotes and solid references!

Help! I need a new (old) book. Mine's full up already. Off to the charity shop again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 09.02.13 10:12

Aplogies if already stated, but GM would be entitled to an Irish passport in addition to the UK one.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 09.02.13 10:23

Is it possible that GM had two driving licences as well as two passports? I would imagine that most men would keep there photo card in their wallet like I do so the wallet theft would have given him reason to apply for another.

The reason I say that is it is a complete pain in the backside when you move to a new home and your driving licence doesn't have the correct details. You need photo ID for just about everything you do know, in fact I just moved and had to wait for it to come back before I could get a GP etc.

Is there any known reason why KM wasn't an additional driver? Could it be that her licence had the correct details and given the game up?

Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top