The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

MR JUSTICE TUGENDHAT'S JUDGMENT IN MCCANNS v BENNETT issued 10.10 on 24.10.12 - Page 2 Mm11

MR JUSTICE TUGENDHAT'S JUDGMENT IN MCCANNS v BENNETT issued 10.10 on 24.10.12 - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

MR JUSTICE TUGENDHAT'S JUDGMENT IN MCCANNS v BENNETT issued 10.10 on 24.10.12 - Page 2 Mm11

MR JUSTICE TUGENDHAT'S JUDGMENT IN MCCANNS v BENNETT issued 10.10 on 24.10.12 - Page 2 Regist10

MR JUSTICE TUGENDHAT'S JUDGMENT IN MCCANNS v BENNETT issued 10.10 on 24.10.12

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MR JUSTICE TUGENDHAT'S JUDGMENT IN MCCANNS v BENNETT issued 10.10 on 24.10.12 - Page 2 Empty Re: MR JUSTICE TUGENDHAT'S JUDGMENT IN MCCANNS v BENNETT issued 10.10 on 24.10.12

Post by chrissie 24.10.12 15:56

Martin Brunt has tweeted:

martinbrunt
‏@skymartinbrunt

#McCann In
High Court Madeleine's parents claim lawyer Tony Bennett has breached
agreement to stop "death cover-up" allegations.
chrissie

Activity : 48

Back to top Go down

MR JUSTICE TUGENDHAT'S JUDGMENT IN MCCANNS v BENNETT issued 10.10 on 24.10.12 - Page 2 Empty Re: MR JUSTICE TUGENDHAT'S JUDGMENT IN MCCANNS v BENNETT issued 10.10 on 24.10.12

Post by david_uk 24.10.12 16:26

This is all bloody daft!!. I don't know of a single person who knows about the details of the McCann case files, beyond what they read in the papers, let alone who Tony Bennett is (no offense Tony).

david_uk

Activity : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.10.12 16:31

david_uk wrote:This is all bloody daft!!. I don't know of a single person who knows about the details of the McCann case files, beyond what they read in the papers, let alone who Tony Bennett is (no offense Tony).

Maybe they'll start looking for more information on the internet and stumble across this forum.

hi newbies
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 24.10.12 16:36

Good of the paper to print the allegations though, just so that everyone can consider them.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaljr 24.10.12 16:44

And good of Martin Brunt to tweet this info smilie
jamaljr
jamaljr

Activity : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 24.10.12 16:48

Not surprised that now their case threatens to turn out to be a full blown libel where they have to be specified about their claims, that they revert to using media control strategy to spin the truth.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaljr 24.10.12 17:48

True but it is a very high risk game they have started playing smilie
jamaljr
jamaljr

Activity : 57

Back to top Go down

MR JUSTICE TUGENDHAT'S JUDGMENT IN MCCANNS v BENNETT issued 10.10 on 24.10.12 - Page 2 Empty Transparency

Post by Tony Bennett 24.10.12 18:05

jamaljr wrote:True but it is a very high risk game they have started playing...
Not only 'high risk', but also 'high cost'.

The case against me so far has cost the McCanns over £150,000.

Add on the costs of bringing a libel claim against Goncalo Amaral, then getting an injunction against him, then winning an appeal against that injunction, then losing in the Court of Appeal and having to pay Amaral's costs, then losing in the Supreme Court and having to pay Amaral's costs again, plus a 4-day libel trial against him in January, say another £300,000 minimum.

Not far short of £500,000, may be much more.

Now who is paying for all this?

Not the McCanns, who must bring up two children and pay a mortgage on just Dr Gerald McCann's salary and Child Benefit.

Not 'Madeleine's Fund', because the McCanns, Clarence Mitchell and Carter-Ruck have all gone on the record to say that no money from 'Madeleine's Fund' is being used to pay libel lawyers.

So who?

A mystery benefactor, perhaps, who is so committed to suppressing dissent re Madeleine that he's got the odd half million quid to spare?

Or could all these libel actions be being funded by some other more mysterious source?

I hope we'll find out, because according to the McCanns, they have always wanted to be 'as transparent as possible' about their search for Madeleine

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 24.10.12 18:50

Maybe someone, some nice benefactor, thinks £half m is small fry compared to a possible alternative outcome, nudge nudge wink wink!

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.10.12 18:51

Tony Bennett wrote: Now who is paying for all this?

Not the McCanns, who must bring up two children and pay a mortgage on just Dr Gerald McCann's salary and Child Benefit.

Not 'Madeleine's Fund', because the McCanns, Clarence Mitchell and Carter-Ruck have all gone on the record to say that no money from 'Madeleine's Fund' is being used to pay libel lawyers.

So who?

I doubt it's the twins' communion money - but no doubt we'll know more in the new year when those accounts are filed once more. If there's anything that needs doing please let us know.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 24.10.12 19:03

Half a million spent so far on just two of you

What about the thousands of other McCann sceptics?

The other Portuguese officers who worked alongside Goncalo Amaral and defended his theory in a Portuguese court in January 2010

The Telegraph and Jondi Paulo for reporting those facts

The criminal profilers who have spoken out against the McCanns

The early news reports

Martin Brunt and his his "100% DNA match to Madeleine" report

Those who are posting on social networking sites

The many bloggers who have written about the facts about the case

The many Facebook groups and users

You-tube users

A number of books that have been written

Other social networkers who have not written facts about the case but have been abusive towards the McCanns

Frankie Boyle - suggesting that Madeleine is in heaven

This list is endless, are they going to sue the world? And if so, at what cost?

sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.10.12 19:23

sharonl wrote:

laughat

truth will come. Just watch "Tour de drug" , how they all lied for years, truth comes out eventually.. And like Armstrong, even when he is caught he still continues to lie and denie that he druged himself to become the best biker....

"sue the world" :) im sure they would like that party
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 24.10.12 19:53

Just imagine the legal costs to them when they lose the case after being dragged through a full libel trial? And the ramifications!
Don't forget the ramifications will be a lot bigger and more damaging than damage in legal costs.

I will say it again, I have confidence in Judge Tugendhat.

There can be only one source who supplied Leicestershire Paper with the story and I suspect they are preparing for ill wind to come their direction in the not too distant future. They have to play the mind game first and get people's psychology synched to theirs in preparation for more spin.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.10.12 21:38

sharonl wrote:Half a million spent so far on just two of you

What about the thousands of other McCann sceptics?

The other Portuguese officers who worked alongside Goncalo Amaral and defended his theory in a Portuguese court in January 2010

The Telegraph and Jondi Paulo for reporting those facts

The criminal profilers who have spoken out against the McCanns

The early news reports

Martin Brunt and his his "100% DNA match to Madeleine" report

Those who are posting on social networking sites

The many bloggers who have written about the facts about the case

The many Facebook groups and users

You-tube users

A number of books that have been written

Other social networkers who have not written facts about the case but have been abusive towards the McCanns

Frankie Boyle - suggesting that Madeleine is in heaven

Not forgetting the newest member to that list a certain person who has been in the papers claiming Madeleine is dead and buried in a garden only meteres from apartment 5a! Let us not forget the accusations made about about certain peoples involvement, and I don't just mean Mr Amaral. Are they going to sue him.

In fact they went on TV and said that they were suing Mr Amaral because he said Madeleine was dead and it was stopping people look for her, yet when the interviewer mentioned SB a couple of weeks ago, she shrugged and said "Who" (or similar) Isn't SB saying the same thing, and stopping people look for Madeleine.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.10.12 22:17

[quote Tony]

[end quote]

Tony, look at ths video from 5.44 secs.................

[youtube][/youtube]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 24.10.12 23:21

Tony Bennett wrote:
david_uk wrote:
Woofer wrote:Tony - I do worry that your case is discussed in detail in the public domain giving an indication of how you intend to approach the case etc. ... I just hope you are keeping some of your strategies private ... or doesn`t it make any difference? They`ve hardly given you fair warning of their moves in the past. If you broadcast your moves in advance it gives them plenty of time to counter them.
I have previously said the same, I was shot down by other forums members for some reason. I trust Tony knows what he is doing and at the end of the day it is his choice.
Thank you both for your comments.

It is almost impossible to keep strategies and legal arguments secret; the Court requires you to set out your case and your evidence - and last-minute 'surprises' are not only frowned on but may be ruled out of court.

But believe me, I don't disclose every shot in my locker in these forums.

Phew ....... that`s a relief MR JUSTICE TUGENDHAT'S JUDGMENT IN MCCANNS v BENNETT issued 10.10 on 24.10.12 - Page 2 110921
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Zozo 24.10.12 23:33

david_uk wrote:
Woofer wrote:Tony - I do worry that your case is discussed in detail in the public domain giving an indication of how you intend to approach the case etc. ... I just hope you are keeping some of your strategies private ... or doesn`t it make any difference? They`ve hardly given you fair warning of their moves in the past. If you broadcast your moves in advance it gives them plenty of time to counter them.

I have previously said the same, I was shot down by other forums members for some reason. I trust Tony knows what he is doing and at the end of the day it is his choice.

Totally agree with both of you.
Even though TB is saying that he doesn't reveal everything in his locker, but CR also are not stupid....
Zozo
Zozo

Activity : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 25.10.12 0:08

Tony

Late as usual arriving but I am glad that at least it seems from your explanation that not all is lost!

Just one point insofar as which Judge will be presiding at the committal? Is it not to be Judge Tugendhat?

"29. For these reasons there will be an order, the terms of which I invite the parties to agree. The substance of the order will be that the Claimants’ committal application be listed as soon as is practical, and that the Defendant’s application be adjourned to be considered by the judge hearing the committal application as that judge may decide. The Defendant’s application will be treated as an application to lift the stay of the action, and, if the stay is lifted, to vary the undertakings pending trial or other disposal of the action."

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 25.10.12 0:26

Angelique wrote:Tony

Late as usual arriving but I am glad that at least it seems from your explanation that not all is lost!

Just one point insofar as which Judge will be presiding at the committal? Is it not to be Judge Tugendhat?

"29. For these reasons there will be an order, the terms of which I invite the parties to agree. The substance of the order will be that the Claimants’ committal application be listed as soon as is practical, and that the Defendant’s application be adjourned to be considered by the judge hearing the committal application as that judge may decide. The Defendant’s application will be treated as an application to lift the stay of the action, and, if the stay is lifted, to vary the undertakings pending trial or other disposal of the action."
I believe it may be a different judge, but I have no way of knowing until about 2pm on the day before the actual hearing.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by justme3 25.10.12 0:58

Removed because it has already been posted, Sorry!
justme3

Activity : 178

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 25.10.12 1:26

FROM THIS MORNING'S DAILY MIRROR

The parents of Madeleine McCann yesterday won their latest court battle with a retired lawyer they say is waging a harassment campaign against them.

Gerry and Kate McCann want the High Court to jail Tony Bennett, 65, who has accused them of causing their daughter’s death, disposing of her body and covering up what they had done.

Mr Justice Tugendhat said the couple’s case against Mr Bennett should be heard “as soon as practicable”.

In 2009, Mr Bennett, of Harlow, Essex, promised to stop making allegations against the McCanns.

They claim he has breached that formal undertaking more than 150 times and are now seeking his imprisonment, or other punishment, for alleged contempt of court.

Mr Bennett wants the court to “vary” the undertakings so he can publish his “credible evidence” Madeleine died in their holiday home in May 2007.

justme, I have re-posted this news item from the Daily Mirror, simply because the words I've highlighted in blue are untrue.

I have never said that the McCanns caused the death of Madeleine.

So there will be an immediate complaint by me to the Mirror, and if they don't publish a correction straightaway, there'll be a complaint to the Press Complaints Commission.

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.10.12 2:02

Some journalists continue to be so downright ignorant if not downright stupid if they cannot at least get simple facts right.

The retraction and apology should be in a front page so that the public can clearly see it and not be obscured in little columns hidden in the back pages.

It is also not technically correct to state the mccanns have won their latest court battle...when the battle hasn't event started. The ruling was just a judgement setting out the procedures to ensue in the orderly manner of things.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 25.10.12 9:34

Tony

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by garfy 25.10.12 9:38

just typical of the media ...to hell with every one else ...as long as the mccs are happy

thought this a bit encouraging though..

Mr Bennett wants the court to “vary” the undertakings so he can publish his “credible evidence” Madeleine died in their holiday home in May 2007.

interesting video candyfloss thank you
garfy

Activity : 248

Back to top Go down

MR JUSTICE TUGENDHAT'S JUDGMENT IN MCCANNS v BENNETT issued 10.10 on 24.10.12 - Page 2 Empty Timelines

Post by Guest 25.10.12 10:14

Dear All,

I suppose the true significance in the Tugendhat decision lies in the fact that the McCs must now proceed at once, without the benefit of knowing the outcome of the SY review.

That single fact is the reason they okayed the delays.

Anyone agrees with this?

Riveting decision by the way. Best of the best in good English legal tradition.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top