The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 20 Mm11

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 20 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 20 Mm11

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 20 Regist10

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 20 Empty Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by IKNOWWHATHAPPENED 17.11.13 3:45

Almost as ridiculous as Margaret Hodge being made the Minister for Children.
IKNOWWHATHAPPENED

Activity : 116

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 20 Empty Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by ultimaThule 17.11.13 4:08

IKNOWWHATHAPPENED wrote:Almost as ridiculous as Margaret Hodge being made the Minister for Children.
O lordy, lordy... don't get me started on that one...   I was WH Smith's best customer - I got through reams of A4 and got to be on first name terms with security staff at a number of government establishments big grin
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 17.11.13 6:43

Looks like the Paedos are becoming so much bolder as we see them creeping out from their closets.  they like to use art as a Trojan horse into our minds, to try and make their pervert ideas, tastes and ideals acceptable to decent people.  objecters to this form of art may be made to feel that they are boorish having little art appreciation etc . Portia. I really enjoyed reading Ayn Rands books, a very perceptive woman indeed!
Snifferdog
Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales 21.11.13 19:59

I gather that Kate will be doing another appeal on behalf of Missing People to help try and find the whereabouts of David Payne who disappeared without trace in a recent episode of Crimewatch.

Boom Boom! big grin

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
gbwales
gbwales

Activity : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 22.11.13 0:15

gbwales wrote:I gather that Kate will be doing another appeal on behalf of Missing People to help try and find the whereabouts of David Payne who disappeared without trace in a recent episode of Crimewatch.

Boom Boom! big grin
Love it!  big grin 

Let's hope when they find him she can keep him talking for more than 30 seconds.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 20 Empty Reply from Charities Commission.

Post by PeterMac 22.11.13 14:19

Dear Mr Mac
Thank you for your letter.
Many complaints against charities, or disputes involving charities, are brought to our attention. We can only become involved in cases where our powers and responsibilities enable us to and where we can be of use.
We note that you are concerned regarding items used in an auction. Charities are independent organisations, and their trustees are legally responsible for all aspects of their management and administration. Decisions relating to fundraising activities form part of these responsibilities. The Commission cannot overturn decisions about methods of fundraising that are lawfully undertaken by a charity’s trustees.
Further information about this can be found in our guidance CC20 – Charities and Fundraising which is available on our website by following this link: http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/Publications/cc20.aspx
Fundraising is primarily self-regulated and the Institute of Fundraising has developed the Codes of Fundraising Practice and Code of Conduct to provide a guide to the law and best practice in relation to fundraising activity throughout the United Kingdom.  These can be accessed from: www.institute-of-fundraising.org.uk

Complaints about the method of fundraising used by a charity should be addressed to the trustees in the first instance.  If you are not satisfied with their response the Fundraising Standards Board may be able to take forward your complaint.  More information about the types of complaints they may take can be found on their website: www.frsb.org.uk
It is important to emphasise that although the Commission’s functions include encouraging and facilitating the better administration of charities, and taking remedial action to tackle misconduct or mismanagement, the law prohibits the Commission from acting directly in the administration of a charity. Trustees are the managers of their charities and it is their job to make the administrative and strategic decisions necessary for their charities’ proper and effective management.

The Commission cannot direct the trustees to take one particular course of action or another.  Neither does the Commission have discretion to overrule the trustees’ validly taken decision on the grounds that others take a different view, however strongly held.
We hope that we have explained why the Charity Commission will not be taking any further action here.

Very often the quickest way to answer any enquiries that you have is to look on our website, especially the frequent questions covering the main issues that we are being asked about.  You will also find the latest news, together with our publications and guidance.

Yours sincerely,
John Dearden.
Charity Commission. First Contact.
But they now know !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16594

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum 22.11.13 18:14

Such flanneling. I got the same kind of reply from the PCC about the factually- (and intellectually-) challenged Lorraine Kelly's piece in the papers.

Activity : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.12.13 17:04

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missing-people/latest-news/missing-people-chosen-as-xmas-appeal-for-lbc-radio

A whining Scouser warning for any LBC Radio listeners!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.12.13 19:15

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-kate-praying-safe-2931683

It looks as if Kate also graced the Missing People carol service but there was no publicity about that at the time as far as I can see.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 16.12.13 23:00

Again praying in public, for Maddie's safe return.  I wonder if she is healthy.  Most of the time she  appears alone, no Gerry beside her when she prays in public. Last May they were together, short before the Yard announced the investigation. I think it was after a British public prosecuter had been in Portugal. They were destroyed on those photos.
Extremely sad.
I believe that it would be better for them to come forward with the truth, which will be known someday, anyway.
My idea is that a confession would make them feel releaved.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 16.12.13 23:22

marconi wrote:Again praying in public, for Maddie's safe return.  I wonder if she is healthy.  Most of the time she  appears alone, no Gerry beside her when she prays in public. Last May they were together, short before the Yard announced the investigation. I think it was after a British public prosecuter had been in Portugal. They were destroyed on those photos.
Extremely sad.
I believe that it would be better for them to come forward with the truth, which will be known someday, anyway.
My idea is that a confession would make them feel releaved.

Kate is ready to tell the truth. Gerry wont allow that.....IMO
On Crimewatch :
Urging viewers to call the show, Madeleine's mother added: 'Please, please have the courage and confidence to come forward now, and share that information with us, and you could unlock this whole case, so please.

'The general public have been so fantastic, but please stay with us and come forward.'

'But ultimately it's not us that's committed this crime. It's the person who's gone into that apartment and taken a little girl away from her family,' she said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2459722/Madeleine-McCann-10pm-sighting-suggests-mother-Kate-caught-kidnapper.html
chillyheat

Activity : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 22.12.13 1:40

gbwales wrote:I gather that Kate will be doing another appeal on behalf of Missing People to help try and find the whereabouts of David Payne who disappeared without trace in a recent episode of Crimewatch.

Boom Boom! big grin
 big grin  big grin
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 22.12.13 11:17

plebgate wrote:

Boom Boom! big grin
 big grin  big grin

big grin   big grin   big grin
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.01.14 9:18

Ambassador Kate due to attend Everton v QPR this Saturday:

http://m.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/01/02/everton-call-on-missing-fans-to-return-home
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.01.14 10:16

Dee Coy wrote:Ambassador Kate due to attend Everton v QPR this Saturday:

http://m.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/01/02/everton-call-on-missing-fans-to-return-home

That's nice: Missing People receive 100% of your donation.

How much does Missing People fork out to its management and staff?

And to mrs Ambassador?

Yuck!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 03.01.14 12:08

Portia wrote:

And to mrs Ambassador?

Yuck!
Good question.   How much of the 100% of donations is spent on looking for the Missing People?

Good quesiton indeed.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.01.14 12:12

plebgate wrote:
Portia wrote:

And to mrs Ambassador?

Yuck!
Good question.   How much of the 100% of donations is spent on looking for the Missing People?

Good quesiton indeed.
This was a rhetorical question raised by Portia. There is lots of info and comment re the charity Missing People on this forum.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13380

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.01.14 12:17

Portia wrote:

And to mrs Ambassador?

Yuck!

I hope 'Missing People' tell the Everton 'supporters' before they 'donate' that the charidy needs to 'collect' £1,710,751 to pay for 'wages and salaries, social security costs and pensions' BEFORE a single penny is to be allocated to 'find' anyone.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.01.14 12:37

Everton Call On Missing Fans To Return Home

02/01/2014 by Rob Urbani

Blues to show their support to the charity this Saturday.

Everton is backing an appeal for missing fans to make a safe return to their families in 2014.

The Club is supporting Missing People, an independent charity which offers a lifeline when a loved one disappears, during its FA Cup third round tie against Queens Park Rangers on 4 January.

At half-time, Everton will show the charity’s appeal film to the Goodison Park faithful in addition to using its social media channels to communicate appeals for missing people in the area in the run up to the Cup tie, with fans being encouraged to support the appeal by using #EFCsearching.

The Blues have thrown their support behind the campaign to help find missing people like Madeleine McCann, who went missing in 2007. Madeleine’s mother Kate McCann, who is an Ambassador for the charity Missing People and also an Evertonian, is attending the match to help raise awareness of the search for missing people in the area.

Speaking in Everton’s matchday programme this weekend, Chairman Bill Kenwright, had this message in support of the campaign: “There are thousands of people who are reported missing across the country every year and it’s truly heartbreaking to read, and hear, the distressing stories that are affecting the lives of those close to them.

“We have a strong tradition at Everton of working with, and supporting, our Community and because of that we wanted to use today’s game to help raise awareness of those who, for whatever reason, are currently missing.”

He added: “The thoughts of myself and everyone at Everton Football Club are with those currently affected. We wish you all the very best and hope 2014 is the year when you are reunited.”

A 2013 report showed 14,672 missing persons incidents were reported to Merseyside Police over 12 months, and the charity is keen to raise awareness of the 250,000 people who go missing in the UK each year, 140,000 of whom are children.

Jo Youle, Missing People Chief Executive said: “We’re extremely fortunate to have this sort of support from a club like Everton and hope to harness the power of Goodison fans to help us search for missing people.

“We urge anyone in the area to take to Twitter and Facebook, follow @missingpeople and use the hashtag #EFCsearching to help us reunite missing people with their loved ones.”

To help support Missing People, text Hope to 70707 to donate £3.

Text costs £3 plus network charge. Missing People received 100% of your donation. Obtain bill payer's permission. Customer care 08448 479800. Charity No. 1020419
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chairman Bill Kenwright, had this message in support of the campaign:

" we wanted to use today’s game to help raise awareness of those who, FOR WHATEVER REASON, are currently missing.”
______________________________________________________________________________________

How very 'unhelpful and hurtful' of Mr Kenwright for saying "FOR WHATEVER REASON those who are currently missing'!

Just to add. NO 'relentless searching' for an 'abducted' child by the distraught mother on Saturday 4th January then?

"I'm so 'depressed and devastated' i'm going to enjoy watching a footie match!"

"Madeleine can wait in her lair in the lawless village,10km's from PDL. It's only one more day, innit? Jeez."

"she knows i have to have 'me time' too"!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 03.01.14 14:34

aquila wrote:
plebgate wrote:
Portia wrote:

And to mrs Ambassador?

Yuck!

Good quesiton indeed.
This was a rhetorical question raised by Portia. There is lots of info and comment re the charity Missing People on this forum.
Thanks Aquila.   yes, I knew that, but it is still a good question and your link will help "newbies" with more info about it all. yes
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.01.14 14:47

plebgate wrote:
aquila wrote:
plebgate wrote:
Portia wrote:

And to mrs Ambassador?

Yuck!

Good quesiton indeed.
Thanks Aquila.   yes, I knew that, but it is still a good question and your link will help "newbies" with more info about it all. yes

Plebs, Aquila and Portia. On the forum. Answering rhetorical questions.
& not a single IP address even NEAR Rome, IISC (ze map)

Old Seneca would have laughed his head off
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 03.01.14 14:50

please Portia, remember I am a Pleb, but I get your drift.     big grin
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 17.01.14 19:02

PeterMac's post and my response (below) can be found on the current 'Missing Boy' thread but, as they're somewhat out of place, I'm posting them here as they relate more to the charity 'Missing People' than the missing child who is being searched for in Scotland:

ultimaThule
PeterMac wrote:Anodyne drivel. As we might have expected.
I wish they could use people who were numerate.
she told us that 140,000 are reported missing each year
of which only 1% are children under the age of 3
1 per cent is 1,400
Per Year

That is HERDS of children.

She clearly wishes to say a vanishingly small number,
but the use of 1% does not signify a small number when you have given a ludicrously inflated number to start with.

But let us be thankful for small mercies.
No comparisons, no mention,  . .
Start with 140,000 people who are reported missing each year (what happens to this annual figure if another 5 or 10 or 120 etc, take it into their heads to go walkabout or 5, 10, etc decide to stay home?), and pluck 1% out of the mixed bag which is the police reporting of missing children to claim that 1,400 children under the age of 3 go missing every year.  

This figure of 1,400, one thousand four hundred!, is the equivalent of slightly less than 4 babies/toddlers/infants being reported missing from their homes and possibly being at risk of serious harm and worse at the hands of their abductors every single day of the week.

Where are the headlines, the news stories, the tv coverage of the police searches in these cases? 

And if 1% or 1400 represents the number of under 3-year olds who go missing from their homes each year, should we assume that a further 1% or 1400 children under 6 years but over 3 years old are also reported missing each year and can we also make this assumption with regard to children under 9 but over 6 years, under 12 but over 9 years, etc?

What utter bolleux!!!  A disgraceful manipulation of dubious statistics designed to get the generous British public reaching into their pockets to support yet another charity which begins at home in terms of its CEO and other paid employees being richly rewarded before it makes any attempt to fulfil its questionable mission statement.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 28.01.14 9:14

Just checked Missing People to check if updated with the details of missing Megan, the student who went missing last week in York. Site not accessible but she is featured on the site of an organisation called Tie a Ribbon.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 28.01.14 9:24

russiandoll wrote:Just checked Missing People to check if updated with the details of missing Megan, the student who went missing last week in York. Site not accessible but she is featured on the site of an organisation called Tie a Ribbon.
'Tis accessible now, RD and yes, they do have her listed.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top