The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 19 Mm11

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 19 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 19 Mm11

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 19 Regist10

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 19 Empty Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by lj 14.11.13 23:27

PeterMac wrote:http://www.mccannfiles.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/missingpeoplegalaauction.pdf

Prizes for the auction include
A picture of a young girl, dressed only in her knickers
Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 19 <a href=Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 19 Nude10" />
An audience with Cliff Richard (Who may or may not be involved with a current enquiry into a house in London  . . .)
Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 19 <a href=Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 19 Cliff10" />
A spell at Townshend's studios - ( am I not right in thinking he is the one who  . . . )
Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 19 <a href=Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 19 Townsh10" />
And a photo which I can only say rivals Rickwoods in its perverted tastes
Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 19 <a href=Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 19 Perver10" />

What sort of people run and support this Charity ?

what  what 

unbelivable. But with Kate as ambassador you can expect

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 19 Empty Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by plebgate 14.11.13 23:32

Why didn't the artist just photograph a Helmet, ridiculous imo.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 14.11.13 23:40

When Kate looks at herself in the mirror, I wonder if she asks 'is it worth it?'.  She looks like a nervous wreck, almost as if she is near breaking point.  She can go along to these fundraisers, but she cannot join in, she cannot bid for that week on Branson's Necker Island or any of the treats on offer to all the rich people.  She and Gerry are forever tied to their roles as victims, the move to public life has not been a success.  Kate is a far from popular Ambassador for Missing People and it will be interesting to see who actually attended and of course the photographs.  Kate looks very isolated in that picture - where's Gerry?  Will the Charity publicise who attended, and how much they raised?
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by annemab 14.11.13 23:43

I'm sorry if this has been asked before and I've missed it, but who should we complain to about this? These prizes are abhorrent IMO coming from a charity that claims to care for children. I know we can complain to them but is there any higher authority we can contact? because I intend to.
annemab

Activity : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sietah 14.11.13 23:46

Cristobell wrote:... Kate is a far from popular Ambassador for Missing People ...
 It is like making a pyromaniac  an ambassador  of the burns foundation

Activity : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.11.13 23:47

http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/how-to-complain/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 19 Empty One of the most nauseating pictures in the history of this planet ...

Post by DonNewbery 14.11.13 23:49

Sorry, not quite on topic, but not quite sure where to post this ... surely one of the most nauseating photographs ever taken:

pic.twitter.com/zrYQot6w0r

with thanks to @MightyTottenham for posting it on Twitter.
DonNewbery

Activity : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.11.13 23:50

It is a hoax though. The original photo is of two Arabic women.

It's very easy to believe, I agree.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by annemab 14.11.13 23:56

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/how-to-complain/
Thanks NFWTD!
annemab

Activity : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 15.11.13 1:14

Châtelaine wrote:It looks like the meaning of "Gala" is completely lost on her winkwink

Call me old-fashioned. I know that times have changed, also with regard to evening dress [in "my" time, it was important to know whether the occasion requested a knee-length strepless "cocktail" dress or a full-length "gala" dress], but a blue dress above the 45-year-old knees combined with black panties and boots ... Pity! Are there any photos of other guests at this gala?
That was my first reaction too, Châtelaine. I think this is the Kate is depressed outfit. Don't forget she has still a trial to win. Now she can show that even a gala dinner can't cheer her up. (Wouldn't anyway, because I have a feeling Kate has been battling anorexia for years).

Maybe she is trying to get some balance with the undressed art?

And were is Gerry, or is it official now?

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 15.11.13 1:24

Lance De Boils wrote:Just to be clear: this is not the actual picture being auctioned.
This one is called "Back in Yellow"

The one being auctioned, "Blue Black" is not shown, as it was commissioned especially and was not complete when the prize list was put together.

The caption reads, "Actual piece still in progress at time of going to print, work shown is detail of "Back in Yellow."

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 19 11110
Ah, they are still going to dress her??

It has a very strong impact, but I would not hang it in my house either and in my opinion it is not very fit for this setting.

The other one bothers me much more, since that really uses the female body as seductress. Completely unfit for anything that has to do with missing people.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.11.13 11:35

plebgate wrote:Why didn't the artist just photograph a Helmet, ridiculous imo.
No, get this: the original artist, who conceived the picture a/o the models posture was Helmut Newton (sorry, I thought Avedon)

HelmUt, you see; so when you're an aspiring artist yourself, but unfortunately you have no ideas of your own, you put a helmEt on a HelmUt, and the voyeurs of this small world will lap it up, not understanding the original which was striking for the imperious look of the model.

Have any of you read anything by Ayn Rand? 
Sometimes i'm under the impression that the parallel universe which some of us are referring to, mirrors the worlds she so poignantly evokes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.11.13 12:21

Portia wrote:

Sometimes i'm under the impression that the parallel universe which some of us are referring to, mirrors the worlds she so poignantly evokes
There's a bit in The Simpsons where one of the characters is told "And you may not refer to this experience as Kafka-esque or Orwellian" - seems about where we are at the moment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 15.11.13 12:49

Which means that we are stuck with "In-Your-Face" truth.
Missing people endorse these images.
Kate as their Ambassador must be deemed to do the same.

Why do the McCanns' professional advisors not advise them.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16603

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 15.11.13 12:51

annemab wrote:I'm sorry if this has been asked before and I've missed it, but who should we complain to about this? These prizes are abhorrent IMO coming from a charity that claims to care for children. I know we can complain to them but is there any higher authority we can contact? because I intend to.
I've written to Edward Timpson, Minister for Children https://www.education.gov.uk/help/contactus/dfe with a copy to David Cameron, Nick Clegg and my local MP (an ambitious little git who never loses an opportunity to get his name in Hansard). 

In addition, I've sent missives to Clara Glovier, Head of Charities, People's Postcode Lottery and Simon Moss, Head of Retail Operations at BHS as these are two of the organisations which paid for this debacle.

In my correspondence I've made it clear that neither the items auctioned, nor the appointment of KM as an ambassador/spokesperson, are appropriate for any charity which purports to promote the welfare and wellbeing of children and young people and have given reasons accordingly - but, fgs, if I can see it, wtf can't they?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.11.13 13:02

PeterMac wrote:Which means that we are stuck with "In-Your-Face" truth.
Missing people endorse these images.
Kate as their Ambassador must be deemed to do the same.

Why do the McCanns' professional advisors not advise them.
Birds of a feather maybe?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 15.11.13 13:12

ultimaThule wrote:I've written to Edward Timpson, Minister for Children https://www.education.gov.uk/help/contactus/dfe with a copy to David Cameron, Nick Clegg and my local MP (an ambitious little git who never loses an opportunity to get his name in Hansard). 
Well done.
Letter writing campaigns sound weak and feeble, but in reality can be more effective than standing on the street and shouting.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 15.11.13 13:14

Brilliant Ultima Thule!   clapping1
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 15.11.13 13:29

ultimaThule wrote:

I've sent missives to Head of Retail Operations at BHS

BHS?
Phillip Greene, the OWNER of BHS, gave the neglegent parents unlimited use of his private jet!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 15.11.13 13:41

jeanmonroe wrote:ultimaThule wrote:

BHS?
Phillip Greene, the OWNER of BHS, gave the neglegent parents unlimited use of his private jet!
Round and round the garden like a teddy bear
One step, two steps
Why don't we write to Blair.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 15.11.13 14:08

UT - Very well done by the way. I sometimes lapse into levity as a copng mechanism. That is in no way to take away from your superb efforts. It is very dedicated of you and a huge effort which all helps the cause.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanist 15.11.13 15:04

ultimaThule you know I just think that your missives are the way to go.

If people are informed via the missive then they cannot feign ignorance when the truth outs.
Humanist

Activity : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 15.11.13 15:13

Portia wrote:
plebgate wrote:Why didn't the artist just photograph a Helmet, ridiculous imo.
No, get this: the original artist, who conceived the picture a/o the models posture was Helmut Newton (sorry, I thought Avedon)

HelmUt, you see; so when you're an aspiring artist yourself, but unfortunately you have no ideas of your own, you put a helmEt on a HelmUt, and the voyeurs of this small world will lap it up, not understanding the original which was striking for the imperious look of the model.

Thanks Portia for explanation.  I'm having a good laugh typing this.   Told ya I was a pleb.  lol. big grin

You will never guess, I've never heard of Ayn Rand either.  smilie
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 15.11.13 15:26

Perhaps it is a racist statement.

Nice body, but put a bag over her head . . .
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 15.11.13 15:37

jeanmonroe wrote:ultimaThule wrote:

BHS?
Yes, one and the same Philip Green, CEO of Arcadia, which group of companies is owned by his wife, Tina...  why not? If I don't receive a satisfactory response, my follow up mail will be to announce my boycott of Arcadia's goods until such time as they withdraw their support for Missing People while KM is on board. 

Given that I don't buy from BHS, Dorothy Perkins, or Topshop, this will be no hardship for me but they're not to know that - nor are they to know whether I might take it into my head to start a campaign to boycott Arcadia's establishments. 

It seems to me that writing concise letters of complaint doesn't require anyone to get off their bum per se, but benefit can be gained from the exercise of making hard copies and sending them via snail mail as there's nothing more purposeful than a file of crisp papers which can be flicked through in any face to face encounter devoted to the matter in hand. 

As more than one can play TM's game, for those who have the time and are willing to travel to press a point, I would suggest getting together with a small group of like-minded constituents, making an appointment to meet with your MP at the House of Commons, and alerting local press to the purpose of the journey.

Bear in mind that, as this issue is case-sensitive, the objective is not to draw undue attention to KM's obvious unsuitability as a public face of any charity and, more particularly, those which have dealings with children and under age young people, but to highlight the potential deficit in donations to Missing People which may require further government hand-outs unless she withdraws while SY and the PJ's investigations into the disappearance of her eldest daughter is ongoing, and to query this particular charity's equally dubious choice of auction items which are sufficient to give all rightminded people cause for concern.  

Fwiw I have written to Missing People to inform them that, while they continue to have as their ambassador one Kate McCann, they are no longer in contention for the generous sum I donate to charity every New Year.   The fact is I invariably donate to Medecins Sans Frontieres whose frontline volunteers put themselves at considerable personal risk of harm on a daily basis, and to Smile Train which unobtrusively goes about the business of making a tangible material difference to the lives of many physically disadvantaged children and their families every year, and will continue to do until other charities cease beginning at home by way of inflated salaries, big budget advertising/PR gimmicks, and other unnecessary overheads.

Hectoring, lecturing, and ranting over!!  As you were... big grin
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top