The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Fairy Easter message Mm11

Fairy Easter message Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Fairy Easter message Mm11

Fairy Easter message Regist10

Fairy Easter message

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fairy Easter message Empty Fairy Easter message

Post by Ribisl 08.04.12 15:57

John Sentamu, the archbishop of York, who is viewed as Williams's likely successor, delivered his Easter message through his column in the Sun on Sunday. He urged readers to buy Fairtrade Easter eggs, and the newspapers "to hold before the world the face of Madeleine McCann, who is still missing".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/08/atheism-religion-debate-stalemate-archbishop?INTCMP=SRCH

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Fairy Easter message Empty Re: Fairy Easter message

Post by rainbow-fairy 08.04.12 16:02

Ribisl wrote:John Sentamu, the archbishop of York, who is viewed as Williams's likely successor, delivered his Easter message through his column in the Sun on Sunday. He urged readers to buy Fairtrade Easter eggs, and the newspapers "to hold before the world the face of Madeleine McCann, who is still missing".

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/08/atheism-religion-debate-stalemate-archbishop?INTCMP=SRCH
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/08/atheism-religion-debate-stalemate-archbishop?INTCMP=SRCH[/quote[/url]]

Did he tell everyone gay people are wicked, too?

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 08.04.12 16:06

Fairy Easter message 921124
Ribisl wrote:John Sentamu, the archbishop of York, who is viewed as Williams's likely successor, delivered his Easter message through his column in the Sun on Sunday. He urged readers to buy Fairtrade Easter eggs, and the newspapers "to hold before the world the face of Madeleine McCann, who is still missing".

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/08/atheism-religion-debate-stalemate-archbishop?INTCMP=SRCH
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/08/atheism-religion-debate-stalemate-archbishop?INTCMP=SRCH[/quote[/url]]

Which face of Madeleine? The ones of her when she was a baby or toddler or the photoshopped ones? The last photo I believe was the tennis balls photo (which IMO wasn't used by the McCanns as it wouldn't have the marketing appeal of the younger pictures of Madeleine).
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 08.04.12 16:09

[quote="Ollie"]Fairy Easter message 921124

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/08/atheism-religion-debate-stalemate-archbishop?INTCMP=SRCH[/quote]

Which face of Madeleine? The ones of her when she was a baby or toddler or the photoshopped ones? The last photo I believe was the tennis balls photo (which IMO wasn't used by the McCanns as it wouldn't have the marketing appeal of the younger pictures of Madeleine).

Thats a good point - which one did he hold before the world, I wonder???Fairy Easter message 234726

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 08.04.12 16:16

Apologies R-F for quoting your name in vain, especially after calling you a beetroot airkiss

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 08.04.12 16:19

Ribisl wrote:Apologies R-F for quoting your name in vain, especially after calling you a beetroot Fairy Easter message 636911712

Hey, I don't mind - though I was a wee bit disappointed as I thought it was a special message just for me, lol Fairy Easter message 82678

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.04.12 17:45

Oh dear! Is this the first time a noted church person has commented publicly on the case? I don't remember anyone else. I don't mean anyone in the McCanns' local area.

Belated Easter greetings to all fairies and to everyone else too!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.04.12 17:59

Err...I thought the mccanns are catholics!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 08.04.12 18:38

I'm positive Archbishop Sentamu has supported the missing cause previously. Sure it was when there was some service held for missing people and Km gatecrashed the party lighting candles. Think Claudia Lawrence's father was at the same service (from memory) so the Archbishop is a 'supporter' like so many who haven't read the files.

As for religion tm will jump on any bandwagon as long as they get good pr from it. IMO like the invite to number 10, but no to all the loads of invites they've allegedly had for interviews around the 5th anniversary. Wonderful PR - pix circulated worldwide as guests of Camoron but couldn't answer any questions in interviews. They're missing a wonderful opportunity to shout from the rooftops about the situation their daughter is in. Why, why, why are they not taking this time to publicise this and maybe even have another updated pic of how Madeleine would look now?
jay2001

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.04.12 18:51

jay2001 wrote:I'm positive Archbishop Sentamu has supported the missing cause previously. Sure it was when there was some service held for missing people and Km gatecrashed the party lighting candles. Think Claudia Lawrence's father was at the same service (from memory) so the Archbishop is a 'supporter' like so many who haven't read the files.

As for religion tm will jump on any bandwagon as long as they get good pr from it. IMO like the invite to number 10, but no to all the loads of invites they've allegedly had for interviews around the 5th anniversary. Wonderful PR - pix circulated worldwide as guests of Camoron but couldn't answer any questions in interviews. They're missing a wonderful opportunity to shout from the rooftops about the situation their daughter is in. Why, why, why are they not taking this time to publicise this and maybe even have another updated pic of how Madeleine would look now?

I cant see why Cameron would invite them to No 10, unless Cameron has a suicide wish, and provided also he survives the Hack inquiry intact.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.04.12 18:54

Yes you're right Jay2001.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361173/Parents-Madeleine-McCann-Claudia-Lawrence-meet-York-vigil.html

The McCanns' habit of gatecrashing charity events makes me Fairy Easter message 362910 and Fairy Easter message 935245 !
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.04.12 19:03

aiyoyo wrote:
jay2001 wrote:I'm positive Archbishop Sentamu has supported the missing cause previously. Sure it was when there was some service held for missing people and Km gatecrashed the party lighting candles. Think Claudia Lawrence's father was at the same service (from memory) so the Archbishop is a 'supporter' like so many who haven't read the files.

I cant see why Cameron would invite them to No 10, unless Cameron has a suicide wish, and provided also he survives the Hack inquiry intact.

Think about it though, how could Cameron not invite them. Madeleine is the most famous missing child ever. How would it look to the public if they weren't invited. That would certainly start the rumour mill going about the SY investigation. I don't think he had a choice, the papers would have been full of how they weren't invited.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 08.04.12 19:38

Who says Cameron invited them? Going by the Express article, it would appear the Missing People charity- like any other charity -have a reception at number 10. Since Kate has attached herself to that particular charity, it would appear that her "invite" is by default. Remember how she attached herself to the Mizens when they had an audience with Prince Charles?

I don't think it's wise to criticize Cameron for this without supporting evidence.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 08.04.12 20:24

O/T But why would a man of the cloth encourage people to purchase easter eggs which are said to be part of a Pagan tradition? I saw the other fool handing them out last year outside his Cathedral and shook my head in disbelief.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashwarya 08.04.12 21:07

Slightly off topic, so apologies for that, but seeing Aled Jones on TV today I couldn't help but think how mortified he is going to be about inviting Mrs Kate onto his radio programme a couple of years ago (on Mother's Day!!) and being so supportive, despite warnings being posted on his blog by a number of his concerned fans that he was jeopardising his squeaky-clean image by associating with her. I am sure he had been taken in by the spin and not bothered to read, or probably not even known about, the PJ files, and I am equally sure the same applies to Archbishop Sentamu. As a Catholic I can't help feeling relieved that none of the Catholic hierarchy have raved about the McCanns in public, at least not that I have heard.
Ashwarya
Ashwarya

Activity : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 08.04.12 23:06

and the newspapers "to hold before the world the face of Madeleine McCann, who is still missing".

is this not what we are doing on this forum, keeping a missing child in mind......he has not mentioned her parents, has not used the word abducted.......just made a statement of truth, she is still a missing child. Why is this being interpreted as support for her parents?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 09.04.12 5:33

ShuBob wrote:Who says Cameron invited them? Going by the Express article, it would appear the Missing People charity- like any other charity -have a reception at number 10. Since Kate has attached herself to that particular charity, it would appear that her "invite" is by default. Remember how she attached herself to the Mizens when they had an audience with Prince Charles?

I don't think it's wise to criticize Cameron for this without supporting evidence.

I think you are right. They must have been invited by default by the Missing People Charity organization.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 09.04.12 5:39

littlepixie wrote:O/T But why would a man of the cloth encourage people to purchase easter eggs which are said to be part of a Pagan tradition? I saw the other fool handing them out last year outside his Cathedral and shook my head in disbelief.

That is what I don't understand either!
Why singled out the mccanns case as if there's no other missing child in UK.
It would be more appropriate if he asked for prayers to be a blanket one for all missing children?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 09.04.12 6:03

Up to now I've thought very highly of him. This proclamation smells of PR - to help him become archbishop of Canterbury?

It's turned me completely against him. Anyone but him now, as far as I'm concerned.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 09.04.12 7:19

tigger wrote:Up to now I've thought very highly of him. This proclamation smells of PR - to help him become archbishop of Canterbury?

It's turned me completely against him. Anyone but him now, as far as I'm concerned.

An ambitious man in cloth! Using a high profile case to advance his "career"? I'll be damned if God's disciple stoop to that level of using PR as promoting tool.

I suppose he's taking the case at face value and has no clue about the released files, and well the mccanns are after all a pair of white middle-class doctors with all the connections.
Just goes to show even church is just an establishment like any other which values different social class differently.
Just my opinion of course.

IMV, he should steer clear of PR, if that was just PR exercise.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 09.04.12 8:34

Does he not know where Easter eggs and Easter bunnies come from ?
They are decidedly NOT Christian symbols.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 09.04.12 10:01

PeterMac wrote:Does he not know where Easter eggs and Easter bunnies come from ?
Too right they aren't! They stole them from us, the Pagans! Along with mistletoe at Yule! Wink

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 09.04.12 10:11

rainbow-fairy wrote:
PeterMac wrote:Does he not know where Easter eggs and Easter bunnies come from ?
Too right they aren't! They stole them from us, the Pagans! Along with mistletoe at Yule! Wink

I'm for moving back to the Celtic Christian church, where women were equal to men - the church of Rome and St. Augustine messed it up. Britain was pleasantly Christian, look up St. Patrick's breastplate - an invocation with Druidic overtones but very understandable.
No celibate priests either, far less complicated. St. Augustine didn't bring Christianity to Britain, he brought it into line with Rome. I think that was his remit.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 09.04.12 12:44

It is just possible that over the years, Archbishop John Sentamu has come to realise that all is not as it seems in the McCann case but since Maddie is still missing and with the interest his expressed, he has to continue mentioning her. I don't know why he appears to favour her over, say, Ben Needham. I don't believe Sentamu is stupid. He must know the McCanns are lying but perhaps he takes the view that some of the criticism they face is unjustified. He has met Kate and I would imagine he can see her suffering not caused by the fact Maddie is missing but because of their lies. By highlighting their case, he may not so much be showing support for their version of events but subtly imploring them to come clean. It is possible. Even I regularly pray for the couple to come clean.

PS: An interesting observation is that the McCanns were touted as devout Catholics and met the Pope yet their vocal supporters of the faith are Anglicans- Sentamu and Hubbard.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 09.04.12 13:22

ShuBob wrote:It is just possible that over the years, Archbishop John Sentamu has come to realise that all is not as it seems in the McCann case but since Maddie is still missing and with the interest his expressed, he has to continue mentioning her. I don't know why he appears to favour her over, say, Ben Needham. I don't believe Sentamu is stupid. He must know the McCanns are lying but perhaps he takes the view that some of the criticism they face is unjustified. He has met Kate and I would imagine he can see her suffering not caused by the fact Maddie is missing but because of their lies. By highlighting their case, he may not so much be showing support for their version of events but subtly imploring them to come clean. It is possible. Even I regularly pray for the couple to come clean.

PS: An interesting observation is that the McCanns were touted as devout Catholics and met the Pope yet their vocal supporters of the faith are Anglicans- Sentamu and Hubbard.

I wanted to give the man the benefit of the doubt,hence my earlier post... however having read the entire piece and seeing the findmadeleine home page alongside his message [ the newspaper's doing or at his request I wonder?] I can now say I am totally disillusioned by him...

"Speaking to Madeleine McCann’s mother, Kate, and also to the parents of another ‘disappeared’ daughter, Claudia Lawrence, Kate told me that it was only after Madeleine was taken from them, that she learnt how many children go missing each year from all over the world. Spare a thought today for the abducted Madeleine, for the anguish of parents in similar situations. Newspapers, please continue to hold before the world the face of Madeleine McCann who is still missing"

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top