The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

*NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February - Page 6 Mm11

*NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February - Page 6 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

*NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February - Page 6 Mm11

*NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February - Page 6 Regist10

*NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February - Page 6 Empty Re: *NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February

Post by Ashwarya 08.02.12 21:48

Congratulations to Tony on your courage and determination. I am sure the Judge must have wondered how and why the McCanns are spending all this money on such expensive lawyers rather than on searching for their abducted daughter, and it certainly will have given him food for thought that you are prepared to risk so much and appear in person, unlike your cowardly persecutors.
Ashwarya
Ashwarya

Activity : 162

Back to top Go down

*NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February - Page 6 Empty Re: *NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February

Post by Daisy 08.02.12 22:00

There's nothing i can say that hasn't already been said.

Any real human being left in this godforsaken society will recognise that Tony Bennett is a good soul. He has done the right thing no matter the outcome.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 08.02.12 22:07

bravo Tony you are a shining beacon in the defender of free speech and for Madeleine McCann howdy

Any fair judge will see that mike gunnill's actions, words, behaviour and sole motive constitutes to nothing less than 100% entrapment

The mccanns need to proof an abduction took place to have a case against you. After 5 years with police investigations, the mccanns own Private investigation company investigations...there is not ONE single piece of evidence of an abduction. In fact quite the contrary, the mccanns have been proven to lie, about the shutters, front door, patio door, the mccann themselves have admitted to lying. There is no DNA of an abductor in apartment 5A, there is no DNA of Madeleine McCann in apartment 5A!! Not even on a toothbrush! The fact is the only proof is that there was a death in apartment 5A, anyone who ignores the dogs who are specially trained and have a 100% record in over 200 case do so at their peril and sheer ignorance

The Madeleine McCann case is officially logged at the UK FO as a 'missing persons' case not an abduction case

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 08.02.12 22:12

Were there any media people there today does anyone know?

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 08.02.12 22:13

Well done Tony for going through this today and having what seem to be some concessions in your favour.

And how utterly disgusting that neither of the Mc's had the integrity to attend - says it all really.

Now it seems as if the Judge, by asking for more detail from the Mc's camp regarding their claims, is opening the door for a little "honest" discussion regarding the alleged abduction. Whilst denying Tony's request for the Mc's to provide evidence of it, examining the Mc's claims against Tony more fully could represent a step closer to this goal. Perhaps this is the beginning of a fairer chapter, maybe the Judge has his own views about certain litigations, enquiries and claims!

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 08.02.12 23:32

jd wrote: .... After 5 years with police investigations, the mccanns own Private investigation company investigations...there is not ONE single piece of evidence of an abduction. In fact quite the contrary, the mccanns have been proven to lie, about the shutters, front door, patio door, the mccann themselves have admitted to lying. There is no DNA of an abductor in apartment 5A, there is no DNA of Madeleine McCann in apartment 5A!! Not even on a toothbrush! The fact is the only proof is that there was a death in apartment 5A, anyone who ignores the dogs who are specially trained and have a 100% record in over 200 case do so at their peril and sheer ignorance

The Madeleine McCann case is officially logged at the UK FO as a 'missing persons' case not an abduction case

I hope that your excellent summary of the facts (as we know them) are somehow conveyed to the judge soon, so he might take time to fully educate himself about the 'perceived' abduction before he makes his conclusion! I would just mail him the above summary!
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 08.02.12 23:58

listener wrote:
jd wrote: .... After 5 years with police investigations, the mccanns own Private investigation company investigations...there is not ONE single piece of evidence of an abduction. In fact quite the contrary, the mccanns have been proven to lie, about the shutters, front door, patio door, the mccann themselves have admitted to lying. There is no DNA of an abductor in apartment 5A, there is no DNA of Madeleine McCann in apartment 5A!! Not even on a toothbrush! The fact is the only proof is that there was a death in apartment 5A, anyone who ignores the dogs who are specially trained and have a 100% record in over 200 case do so at their peril and sheer ignorance

I hope that your excellent summary of the facts (as we know them) are somehow conveyed to the judge soon, so he might take time to fully educate himself about the 'perceived' abduction before he makes his conclusion! I would just mail him the above summary!

Thank you Listener...the judge only has to read the facts to see this for himself

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 09.02.12 0:04

jd wrote:
listener wrote:

Thank you Listener...the judge only has to read the facts to see this for himself

I hope he does try to educate himself re. the background to this defamation case he has to 'fairly' adjudicate on!
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 09.02.12 0:26

listener wrote: I hope he does try to educate himself re. the background to this defamation case he has to 'fairly' adjudicate on!

I am hoping that when he said the mccanns (or their army of carter ruck lawyers against one single man on his own for having an opinion) to give whatever evidence they felt was necessary... was rope for them to hang themselves

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 09.02.12 4:11

womandotcom wrote:The suspense is killing me. I keep starting jobs and abandoning them as I can't focus on anything

That made me burst out in laughters....! Yes, the suspense is so nerve wracking isnt it?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by scotclogs 09.02.12 4:20

littlepixie wrote:Thanks for the update from today. I don't post much anymore on the forums but I read every day and want Tony to know that I am following this and he has my full support.

Well done to all those who managed to attend in person to support Tony. I wish I could have been there. *NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February - Page 6 725573

The McCanns didn't have all their own way today did they *NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February - Page 6 636506

"The McCanns didn't have all their own way today did they "

Yep I am very happy about that dance WELL DONE TONY roses
scotclogs
scotclogs

Activity : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 09.02.12 5:05

Great news Tony. Words cannot express how pleased I am for you. The world is a brighter place for people like yourself who stand up to bullies. You have my deepest respect and best wishes for the next round. *NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February - Page 6 725573
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 09.02.12 5:35

Well done Tony. And, a big thank you to those eight supporters who attended with him.

It's a good start, so hopefully this will continue to a fair and just trial.

The Judge is at least impartial in this aspect when he acknowledged that 153 allegations were far too expansive against one individual.
He must be somewhat miffed that mccanns didn't agree to take up his suggestion to reduce their charges to just 10 of the more serious ones; when that should suffice really to prove or disprove alleged breaches logically speaking.
I bet the Judge has discerned for himself the bundle of money mccanns spent on pursuing the prosecution of an innocent man just because he didn't believe their abduction story, as well as discerned that CR is the only winner in this, as they are laughing all the way to the bank. I hope the Judge is aware that mccanns are not spending their own money for their malicious litigation.

Since the Judge has granted TB approval to file application to rescind part of the original undertaking; and to file application for Mike Gunnill to appear as witness, I believe the applications will be approved; else the grant of permission would be pointless as it will otherwise be time and money wasting for no purpose.

Provided the mccanns do not rescind, in the interim time before trial, the part of their claim pertaining to breach of the circulation of 60-reason leaflet, then it would be interesting time ahead to see how MG is going to wriggle in court, trying to explain who the third party was that sent him to entrap TB. This does not bode well for the mccanns.
Unless MG comes on and say that he did it on his own accord, which I suspect is likely going to turn out like that.
In that case then, he may be prosecutable for lying to TB; plus he will still have to explain why he passed the leaflet to CR if he wasn't instructed; and why he boasted he did it for a third party if it wasn't true? What was his purpose and why did he set up TB?
His credibility will come under scrutiny, if he lies to cover up for the third party he'd better hoped the third party is not going to abandon him to sink alone.

It must be humbling for mccanns' lawyer to concede that Amaral's book is allowed back for sale.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.02.12 7:29

Dear mr Bennett, I would say: so far so good, and on to the next round... Alll my best wishes, and I really admire what you do for justice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.02.12 8:20

aiyoyo wrote:I bet the Judge has discerned for himself the bundle of money mccanns spent on pursuing the prosecution of an innocent man

Aiyoyo, your comment has made my day. All of the two faced posters they have on here, day in and day out, printing off posts to send to Carter Ruck, have all been for nothing.

*NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February - Page 6 145161 *NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February - Page 6 145161 *NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February - Page 6 145161
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

*NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February - Page 6 Empty Tony

Post by tigger 09.02.12 8:59

This came to mind:

'Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake'

Napoleon Bonaparte

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 09.02.12 9:12

sharonl wrote:

The McCanns were represented by Jacob Dean (barrister), Adam Tudor, Isabel Hudson and two assistants.

After re-reading Tony's release, it dawns on me just how many heavy-duty legal eagles represented the mccanns against lone TB, supported by a strong-hold of 8 laymen. It just goes to show one side has unlimited money, while the other side has priceless friends.
The evil vs the good can't be more black and white than that.

I strongly believe the legal team of five comes with an expensive tag. I don't believe they work pro-bono, not on something like that anyway without publicity for CR. At most, Isabel Hudson's works may be thrown in pro-bono as she was (and is) the one tasked to monitor this forum. If she's charged hourly that could bankrupt the mccanns considering the countless hours she spent here. I would imagine her spying work here tallies with mccanns' statement that CR do a vast amount of work for them, quietly behind the scenes, mostly without charge.
However, I cant imagine a top Barrister and a senior partner of CR would work for no monetary returns for a pair of otherwise non-entities if not for missing Madeleine.

Isabel Hudson, and the two assistants might have been thrown in without extra charge to the mccanns for good measures in case CR couldn't cope with the notes taking especially considering there were 153 (vexatious) allegations mccanns wanted handled.

• To close our website, whose domain name was: www.madeleinefoundation.org‘

It's a shame they compelled MF to be closed. Personally, I feel TB should contest that.
So long as articles they considered to be libelous were removed, why should they stop TB running a website?
It's a blanket infringement on TB's right to freedom of expression which is not correct.
After all the hard work of TB and other people that went into that site, and it has quite a readership, why shouldn't it remain, in a democratic nation where free speech is a guaranteed liberty.

This was resolved as follows. The Judge invited Jacob Dean [the McCanns’ barrister] to take a 5-minute adjournment to consider whether he wished to reduce his 153 alleged breaches to, say, ‘the 10 most serious breaches’. He said that if the McCanns could prove those breaches, it was unnecessary to prove the other 143. After 15 minutes, the McCanns’ legal team came back into Court and said that they would submit a new application based on ‘around 25’ of the most serious breaches. The trial will then be confined effectively to an examination of just those 25 alleged breaches. The Judge gave them until 4pm on Friday 17 February to serve this new application on me. He also suggested to Mr Dean that Carter-Ruck needed to be much more precise than they had been about the words I used that were said to be in breach of the undertaking and which term of any undertaking they were alleged to breach.

Well, well, if they have to put in a new application listing only 25 breaches, I cant help wondering if the alleged breach of the sale of 60-reason leaflet would be included this time round because it would involve implicating their bait they used to entrap TB. If they rescind that, maybe it's valid reason enough for TB to cite their litigation intention was vexatious.

I had applied for an Order that one of the McCanns make a Witness Statement to (a) state what evidence there is that Madeleine McCann was abducted and (b) to state what evidence there was, as claimed in Isabel Hudson’s Affidavit, that any of my actions had, as the McCanns claimed, ‘harmed the search for Madeleine’. These applications were refused.
The Judge said that it was for the Claimants to give whatever evidence they felt was necessary to support their application to commit me to prison and that if I felt there was insufficient evidence that an abduction had occurred I would have the right to make submissions about this in my closing speech at the trial.

It's good to see the Judge is open-minded about that.

UNQUOTE TONY

So, once again, well done TB.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland 09.02.12 9:45

Well done, Tony!

espeland
espeland

Activity : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 09.02.12 9:48

Tony's stalker was claiming on another forum he was there.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two 09.02.12 9:52

One could be forgiven for suspecting that the 153 allegations were made against Mr. Bennett in order to complicate the case and maximize the time required for dealing with them, thus increasing the costs for the defendant. The judge is to be applauded for attempting to have them reduced to just 10 and actually getting the number down to a grudgingly 'around 25'. One must query the motives of the plaintiffs and their legal representatives in using a fund set up with public donations to conduct a search for their missing daughter almost solely for the purpose of pursuing those who do not agree with their questionable version of the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. It is becoming increasingly apparent that both this action and the action in Portugal are being conducted with a level of vindictiveness which should not sit easy with judges in either country. It is not the task of the courts to make themselves an instrument of revenge by destituting defendants and completely destroying their lives. One can only hope that common sense and fairness prevail in both countries.
T4two
T4two

Activity : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.02.12 9:58

I'm not sure to whom you refer Pershing36 (one or two infamous names come to mind!) but I'd be surprised if none of the pros made an appearance. I wonder if they learned anything from the experience - no, probably not!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Willo 09.02.12 10:02

A good first day at the crease. Well done TB.*NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February - Page 6 636506

Just a thought though

Maybe by reducing the amount of breaches was the only way to keep Mike Gunnil out of the dock and at the same time make it look like they are doing TB a favour? Denying access to Mike Gunnill straight off would have been too obvious. So approve him, then hand back a get out clause.
Willo
Willo

Activity : 157

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.02.12 10:05

I agree T4two. All they needed to send to court yeasterday was a Barrister, without the entourage. Even a high profile murder trial does not have that level of people in attendance. Talk about overkill.

I have a feeling that as the Judge asked for only 10 of the most serious claims to be used at the trial and Carter Ruck came back with 25, this will already be working against Carter Ruck, for not following the Judge's request. *NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February - Page 6 234628
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.02.12 10:10

Willo wrote:A good first day at the crease. Well done TB.*NEW!* Judge Tugendhat will hear McCanns' CONTEMPT application 10.30am Wednesday 8 February - Page 6 636506

Just a thought though

Maybe by reducing the amount of breaches was the only way to keep Mike Gunnil out of the dock and at the same time make it look like they are doing TB a favour? Denying access to Mike Gunnill straight off would have been too obvious. So approve him, then hand back a get out clause.

The only undertaking Tony breached, was allowing Gunnil research material, under false pretences and entrapment. If he does not attend for whatever reason, the whole case will collapse.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Willo 09.02.12 10:39

I'm happy that the day went well and I'm hopeful of a fair trial thus TB's aquittal but......... It all feels too neat. C/R are not stupid. That nagging feeling that something from left field will emerge is in my head. I'm sure I was never so skeptical before Team McCann evolved.
Willo
Willo

Activity : 157

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top