The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 27 Mm11

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 27 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 27 Mm11

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 27 Regist10

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 27 Empty Re: McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007

Post by Liz Eagles 27.07.15 10:46

tigger wrote:Imo - iirc there was a discussion about it once - those shoes are far from new. I know the clip. The age of the twins in the clip  and the age of the twins  Donegal  make the clip at least a year earlier. I think there was a discussion in the  topic 'Maddie'clothes'

The type of shoe is quite common, so it can be just a coincidence that they look the same.
The shoes look like Clarks shoes to me - t bars and cross bars (hated them when I was a kid - would rather have gone to the dentist than sit with the lady in Clarks forcing ugly shoes on my feet but that's an aside). Nowadays Clarks keep a record of children's feet and their growth. There would be a record of the shoes in a local Clarks shoe shop if this is the case...but then again there would be records of Madeleine's alleged coloboma and her medical records too. That would be the coloboma, later to become a slight fleck that began an enormous campaign that could have led to her possible death sentence by an abductor.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 27 Empty Re: McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007

Post by joyce1938 27.07.15 10:50

Most people I have known  never passed shoes from one child to another feet are all so different  a bit like a finger print, and don't fit well once been shaped from another foot , you wouldn't think that family would have the need to do that would you ? For some reason it seems they want us all to believe they were maddies.  I can't think why?   joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 27.07.15 11:01

joyce1938 wrote:Most people I have known ,never passed shoes from one child to another feet are all so different  a bit like a finger print ,and don't fit well once been shaped from another foot ,you wouldn't think that family would have the need to do that would you ? For some reason it seems they want us all to believe they were maddies .I cant think why ? joyce1938
yes Joyce, in my family we always passed down clothes but never shoes. Shoes are personal to the wearer as you so rightly say. There would be no need whatsoever for Madeleine's parents to pass along shoes. Perhaps the video of Madeleine being asked by her father to confirm they are her shoes and they are pink and they are new is my imagination running wild, although it does seem a bit odd to release a video about shoes - then again so many things released by the McCanns are strange.

I try always to be fair. I can't imagine Kate McCann taking three kids to a shoe shop to buy one or two out of the three children a pair of shoes. I can't imagine 'daddy' had to make a video of his eldest daughter talking about her shoes and engaging her in a conversation about her shoes. It all seems a bit odd to me. This is the little girl who apparently liked Harry Potter and Dr. Who. The little girl who was fearless in cold water and a bit of a tomboy. I actually feel sick writing that.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 27.07.15 11:51

Well yes all sorts of rubbish they seem to air ,wish it were more sensible things that they,  need to bring up ,never any answers ,as Gerry said ,CONFUSION IS GOOD . what a daft thing to say ,was he looking for trouble ? the mind boggles . joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier 27.07.15 12:50

aquila wrote:
tigger wrote:Imo - iirc there was a discussion about it once - those shoes are far from new. I know the clip. The age of the twins in the clip  and the age of the twins  Donegal  make the clip at least a year earlier. I think there was a discussion in the  topic 'Maddie'clothes'

The type of shoe is quite common, so it can be just a coincidence that they look the same.
The shoes look like Clarks shoes to me - t bars and cross bars (hated them when I was a kid - would rather have gone to the dentist than sit with the lady in Clarks forcing ugly shoes on my feet but that's an aside). Nowadays Clarks keep a record of children's feet and their growth. There would be a record of the shoes in a local Clarks shoe shop if this is the case...but then again there would be records of Madeleine's alleged coloboma and her medical records too. That would be the coloboma, later to become a slight fleck that began an enormous campaign that could have led to her possible death sentence by an abductor.
If money was tight in the McCann household, maybe they did make the children wear hand me down shoes. I had 4 young children and at times yes, money was tight, but I would have never, ever, made the younger kids wear hand me down shoes, we did without to give the children the best we could afford. Something else bothers me, if things were tight financially in the McCann household at that time, why would they be having 2 holidays so close together. They obviously didn't have much cash in reserve as big sis Patricia is on record as saying, "when Madeleine first went missing we had to help them pay their mortgage". Gerry was still on full pay? I have a feeling that maybe the credit cards, which they denied having, were maxed out, obviously trying to hide the fact they were struggling financially.This family were living in the big house etc etc living way above their means. IMO
tinkier
tinkier

Activity : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 27.07.15 14:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Missing a big chunk of neck on her right-hand side- through the gap Amelie's striped jacket is visible behind the hair. Head is also too large for the body, compare group photo.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 27.07.15 16:38

I can't see that a piece of her neck is missing but I do see a piece of Amelie's jacket which shouldn't be there. The jacket has a collar but no hoodie to hang back that far. As Amelie is holding her arm well enough in front of MM it also can't be the sleeve of the jacket. So to me, this photo is a definite candidate for photoshop job. When were these earlier photos first uploaded to the internet, does anyone know?
whodunit
whodunit

Activity : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by tungsten tel 27.07.15 18:30

The bit I don't understand about Easter in Donegal is I remember way back reading on this forum that a waiter had definitely seen the McCann family in PDL over the Easter holiday.....Did I imagine that ?
tungsten tel

Activity : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 27.07.15 18:42

whodunit wrote:I can't see that a piece of her neck is missing but I do see a piece of Amelie's jacket which shouldn't be there. The jacket has a collar but no hoodie to hang back that far. As Amelie is holding her arm well enough in front of MM it also can't be the sleeve of the jacket. So to me, this photo is a definite candidate for photoshop job. When were these earlier photos first uploaded to the internet, does anyone know?
If her neck was really that thin the weight of her head would cause it to snap.
Look in the mirror and see where your neck joins your head - even if your head was turned the way Madeleine's is shown to be turned, you would still have a lot more neck to support the weight of your head.

Yes I believe it is the same jacket hanging on the door..
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 28.07.15 1:13

canada12 wrote:
whodunit wrote:I can't see that a piece of her neck is missing but I do see a piece of Amelie's jacket which shouldn't be there. The jacket has a collar but no hoodie to hang back that far. As Amelie is holding her arm well enough in front of MM it also can't be the sleeve of the jacket. So to me, this photo is a definite candidate for photoshop job. When were these earlier photos first uploaded to the internet, does anyone know?
If her neck was really that thin the weight of her head would cause it to snap.
Look in the mirror and see where your neck joins your head - even if your head was turned the way Madeleine's is shown to be turned, you would still have a lot more neck to support the weight of your head.

Yes I believe it is the same jacket hanging on the door..
Her neck goes down on  line with the outer corner of  her smile.  Impossible as you say canada12. it couldn't bear the  weight of such a  large head.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 28.07.15 10:47

This may be clearer, the neckline starts under the ear, this one is a few inches west, in short, her head is supported on a slender stalk, the large tendon is missing, the sternomastoid which holds the head up.

Back to top Go down

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 27 Empty Whose shoes...?

Post by missbeetle 29.07.15 5:47

Further to the shoes discussion - there's a lingering clip of a pair of seemingly abandoned red shoes -

(I presume they are Amelie's - but again they look similar to the ones in the Donegal photographs)

- in the 'Madeleine Was Here' documentalry (clip 5 of 5) :

missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 29.07.15 10:02

Posting it worked this time, except I didn't manage to get it enlarged. Ah well, small improvement. 

People sing because they think they can, they photoshop because they think they can. It needs a thorough understanding of human anatomy and perspective. big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 08.09.15 20:18

Daisy wrote:I've recently been taking a much closer look at the media reporting on the Mccanns trip to Donegal and their connections with the area. I've re-read all the articles I can find (mainly Belfast telegraph). The many contradictions and inconsistencies are shocking, not to mention very misleading. I'll address those points later, I just wondered if someone could help with this bit first.

Eileen McCann reportedly still owns a pub in St Johnston (Donegal). The person that apparently runs the bar for her is Mr Joe peoples. Joe Peoples is also the main McCann spokesperson that gave out info to the press regarding their Donegal trip and the family's connections to the area.  

St Johnston is a tiny village, (population 479 in 2006) so it shouldn't be too hard to find this pub, but I can't, I can't find any mention of it outside the reporting of the McCann case and the one link quoted below. It makes it harder because the pub doesn't seem to have a name. Some reports call it 'Joes bar' some call it 'Peoples bar' but still I can't find it. I did find a Joseph Peoples in St Johnston, but he runs a Funeral Directors! There's also a Joe peoples high up in the County Council, but no publican by that name. It must exist, maybe I'm just being dumb and not looking in the right places. I'd be really grateful if anyone has any info that might point me in the right direction?

This is the only other mention I can find of the pub:

"Joe’s Bar, St Johnston belongs to Madeline McCann’s grandmother, Eileen McCann.  
On the early hours of St Patrick’s Day, 2008, the pub was raided for the 12th
time.  The thieves rammed in the back door of the pub and took all the stock
they could get barring a bottle of gin.  They turned on the beer taps to let the
beer run out.  Joe discovered the damage and the back door lying in the garden
when he checked on the pub after 7.30 am Lenten Mass.  Eileen McCann was the
wife of the late John and they ran the pub under the name of McCann’s Bar and
there was a living quarters then above the pub.  They decided to lease it to Joe
27 years ago.  Mrs McCann had been in the area and visited the pub at the
weekend.  The pub had been ram raided in November 2007 when Joe was in the
hospital at the time.  After that incident, a steel security door had been put
up."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I don't know if this is of any help, but I came across this:

Joe’s pub in St. Johnston is known as ‘McCann’s’ to those who are of an age to recall the history of the popular pub. 

sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 08.09.15 21:52

I believe this is a photograph of "Joe's Bar"

Joe Peoples' (formerly McCann's) (44k).
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 10.09.15 12:33

HELP!

Would someone be kind enough to copy this photo over from Pamalam's excellent database, so that I can add it to something I want to post:

Having no luck uploading photos - keeps coming back as too large. Tony did suggest a remedy but nothing's working at the moment - I'm on a MacBook.

I've found if the photo is already on a post I can copy and paste it. thanks
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 10.09.15 12:40

skyrocket wrote:HELP!

Would someone be kind enough to copy this photo over from Pamalam's excellent database, so that I can add it to something I want to post:

Having no luck uploading photos - keeps coming back as too large. Tony did suggest a remedy but nothing's working at the moment - I'm on a MacBook.

I've found if the photo is already on a post I can copy and paste it. thanks
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 10.09.15 12:42

Yeh!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - thank you very much! How did you do it? thinking
skyrocket
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 10.09.15 12:46

May I say that often after seeing close up pics of MADDIE, SOME ARE SO SURE SHE WAS WEARiNG EYE MAKE-UP. Well, my granddaughter sent me her daughter's ist day at school picture, it's lovely and her eyelashes make her look also as if she has eye make-up, only on lower lashes. So now I know THAT IT CAN APPEAR THAT WAY AND SHE MOST DEFINATELY WOULD NOT HAVE PUT STUFF ON HER DAUGHTER'S EYES.  So apart some pale blue on a couple pics Maddie, the rest is natural, I would think. Thanks joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 10.09.15 12:46

skyrocket wrote:Yeh!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - thank you very much! How did you do it? thinking
Skyrocket, I just copied and pasted it from your link. Mr
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 10.09.15 13:20

Thanks again [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for copying over the problem photo for me. Must def be something to do with me being on a Mac then.

OK - there has been some discussion going on on the "Playground Photo' thread regarding the fact that MBM appears to be wearing the same outfit on 2 different days in Donegal, whereas the rest of the group seem to have different outfits (apart from Amelie's jacket). The photos under scrutiny were the one of the egg rolling on Easter Monday (9 April) and the one of the Mc children and their cousins sitting on the wall eating ice creams. I thought it better to add further thoughts here, to keep it all together.

Going through the photos on Pamalam's database I noticed the third one below. Sean is standing behind MBM, with his back to hers. Note his striped top; his pale blue/grey t shirt hanging out in exactly the same way; his khaki trousers. Identical outfit to the one in the egg rolling photo. Easter 2007 was the hottest for fifty years in Ireland - mornings were overcast and cool, warming up through the day with sun.

Narrowing it down, the 'Pink Top Ice Cream' photo has to have been taken in Spring 2007 before the Luz holiday. Sean looks about the size he was in Luz and in the egg roll photo (9 April 2007). It looks like the sun is out - similar weather to the 'Wall Ice Cream' photo. The girl in the Pink Top photo is clearly recognisable as MBM - was this taken in Donegal (holiday/sun/ice creams)? And if so, was it taken on the same day as the egg roll (Sean's outfit)? Any thoughts?

skyrocket
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 10.09.15 22:31

Who's that in the first picture? Please link me to the source! I'm like  eek

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean 11.09.15 11:17

Ayniia, if you mean the group photo, it was first mentioned here on page 64.
Amy Dean
Amy Dean

Activity : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.15 18:43

Narrowing it down, the 'Pink Top Ice Cream' photo has to have been taken in Spring 2007 before the Luz holiday. Sean looks about the size he was in Luz and in the egg roll photo (9 April 2007). It looks like the sun is out - similar weather to the 'Wall Ice Cream' photo. The girl in the Pink Top photo is clearly recognisable as MBM - was this taken in Donegal (holiday/sun/ice creams)? And if so, was it taken on the same day as the egg roll (Sean's outfit)? Any thoughts?

Possibly taken on the same day - I think MBM is wearing a gilet over her pink hoodie.

The top photo of her looks more like a young Fiona.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrry On Doctor 11.09.15 20:22

Just browsing through this thread again, it is clear that TM family take plenty of photos of their family when on holiday.

Why not in Portugal after a day or so ?

Something to do with.....

Creche record signatures
OC guest record abnormalities
Clinically cleaned apartment & no evidence of MBM ever being there
Phone pings and texts
Curtains cleaned & fridges dumped
T9 stories for the week being like a swiss cheese
Shutters intact and curtains closed
DNA evidence in the apartment and the car
THE DOGS

Sorry, I don't buy the 3rd May as D-Day