The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The McCanns say they thought they might not get into the tapas restaurant the night Madeleine disappeared - Page 3 Mm11

The McCanns say they thought they might not get into the tapas restaurant the night Madeleine disappeared - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The McCanns say they thought they might not get into the tapas restaurant the night Madeleine disappeared - Page 3 Mm11

The McCanns say they thought they might not get into the tapas restaurant the night Madeleine disappeared - Page 3 Regist10

The McCanns say they thought they might not get into the tapas restaurant the night Madeleine disappeared

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The McCanns say they thought they might not get into the tapas restaurant the night Madeleine disappeared - Page 3 Empty Round and round we go

Post by Guest 11.08.11 9:47

Good morning Solva. I think we can safely assume that you are a McCann supporter and that's not a problem; everyone is welcome here. I give you a lot of credit for being civil and polite; sadly there have been some very unpleasant individuals on this site who had to be banned because of their offensive behaviour.

You are spending a lot of time debating particular issues, some of which don't seem to be of great importance, particularly one where you wanted to prove that there were packs of wild dogs in the area when Kate said that there were. We can debate endlessly about who may or may not have been at the tapas restaurant or whether the bedroom window was open or shut but we weren't there so I don't suppose we'll ever agree.

Could I ask you how you feel about other matters which happened later and about which there is no room for doubt because they were made public? There are many points that I could mention but for now I'll just go with the completely unprecedented setting up of a limited company to raise funds and an online shop to sell goods, plus long-term plans being made to mark anniversaries of Madeleine's disappearance. In an interview earlier this year Gerry said that, even in the early days, he never thought that any reported sightings could be of Madeleine. To me, there is no explanation for this other than he knew exactly where she was and thus the sightings could not be of her.

I feel that if you answer these points you will be accepted as a genuine contributor and not a time waster.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The McCanns say they thought they might not get into the tapas restaurant the night Madeleine disappeared - Page 3 Empty Re: The McCanns say they thought they might not get into the tapas restaurant the night Madeleine disappeared

Post by Guest 11.08.11 11:04

Marian wrote:Good morning Solva. I think we can safely assume that you are a McCann supporter and that's not a problem; everyone is welcome here. I give you a lot of credit for being civil and polite; sadly there have been some very unpleasant individuals on this site who had to be banned because of their offensive behaviour.

You are spending a lot of time debating particular issues, some of which don't seem to be of great importance, particularly one where you wanted to prove that there were packs of wild dogs in the area when Kate said that there were. We can debate endlessly about who may or may not have been at the tapas restaurant

There is documented evidence of who was in the tapas restaurant that night.

or whether the bedroom window was open or shut but we weren't there so I don't suppose we'll ever agree.
As the evidence currently stands. Kate and only Kate's fingerprints was found on the inside of that window. Goncalo Amaral has clearly informed us that Kate said she never touched that window. It is as simple as that. There is nothing to agree or disagree with here.
Could I ask you how you feel about other matters which happened later and about which there is no room for doubt because they were made public? There are many points that I could mention but for now I'll just go with the completely unprecedented setting up of a limited company to raise funds and an online shop to sell goods, plus long-term plans being made to mark anniversaries of Madeleine's disappearance. In an interview earlier this year Gerry said that, even in the early days, he never thought that any reported sightings could be of Madeleine. To me, there is no explanation for this other than he knew exactly where she was and thus the sightings could not be of her.
This particular thread is about the tapas bookings, can we keep it on topic please and not divert to other topics.
I feel that if you answer these points you will be accepted as a genuine contributor and not a time waster.
Marian. I'm not quite sure what you mean by this comment, but I think it is best that you leave these sorts of decisions to Admin and Mods please.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The McCanns say they thought they might not get into the tapas restaurant the night Madeleine disappeared - Page 3 Empty Re: The McCanns say they thought they might not get into the tapas restaurant the night Madeleine disappeared

Post by Guest 11.08.11 12:40

Processos Vol III Pages 50 – 51

Date: 2007/05/08

Luisa Ana de Noronha de Azevedo Coutinho

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

She has been a receptionist at the Garden for 1 year, but has worked there previously.

The OC Garden reception has less functions than the main reception and deals with subjects relating to activities (Pool, Tennis) etc and excursions.

She points out that the family in question came via Mark Warner and this company takes care of all relations with clients and there is practically no contact between the clients and reception.

She adds that this family (McCann), like all MW clients had half-board, that is breakfast and dinner. For dinner the guests could choose between two restaurants, the Tapas and the Millenium, the first being à la carte and the second a buffet service, clients make their choice not only because of the food but because of the proximity of the restaurant to their accommodation. She says that the guests told her that the Tapas was of better quality but that it was difficult to reserve there as a MW guest as the MW daily quota was of only 20.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.08.11 12:54

Resrvation times
7.007.157.307.458.008.158.308.459.00totals
witheld29/04/070
witheld30/04/070
01/05/07694928
02/05/07782926
03/05/0713411230
Raj Balu cancels his reservation at this time
Odd don't you think, that there was a huge number of people all wanting to eat very early the night Madeleine was reported missing.

The numbers represent the total number of seats booked by each individual. They also contain some children.

What really amazes me, is the statement made by the receptionist, that the maximum quota for MW every day was 20. Every night they exceeded that number. Was 20 for children and adults, or just adults?

The 4 people at 7.30 on the 3rd, was for the Patel's. This was for 2 adults and 2 children. I believe they were not involved in anything that week. Which leaves a huge gap between the rush at 7.00pm and by the time the McCann group arrives at 8.30.

On no other day apart from the 3rd, did someone book in AFTER the McCann group.

On no other day apart from the 3rd, did someone book in at exactly the same time as the McCann group.

All very interesting stuff..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.08.11 14:11

Frequency of visits to the tapas restaurant.

1st2nd3rd
Mann
Bullen
Thornhill
Totman
Weinburger
Foster
Mackenzie
Oldfield
O'Brien
McCann
Payne
Handy
Naylor
O'Donnell
McCormick
Burlton
Edmonds
Carpenter
Patel
Cox & Balu X
Irwin
Sperrey
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 11.08.11 15:42

Stella wrote:
Marian wrote:
[/color]I feel that if you answer these points you will be accepted as a genuine contributor and not a time waster.
Marian. I'm not quite sure what you mean by this comment, but I think it is best that you leave these sorts of decisions to Admin and Mods please.

I have to say that I am quite clear what Marion means. She is saying very politely to the poster that she should debate properly and not go off on tangents and ignore difficult questions. Surely any poster is entitled to comment on the style as well as the content of others' posts as long as it is done in a respectful way? In no way is Marion trying to do the work of admin/mods. I enjoy Marion's posts which often display a dry sense of humour which I appreciate.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 11.08.11 16:31

solva wrote:
lj wrote:Still choosing and picking and avoiding to answer questions. So how is the religious welfare of the expats doing?
I chose and picked a statement by an independent witness because it confirms that KM's account of tapas booking is correct, and BTW it confirms that it is not KM's dates which are back to front, but someone here's Wink
Of your religious question the only connection with the Tapas topic I can think, is months later a church person helped the mother by trying to contact the person in charge of Tapas bookings.

Choosing and picking refereed to snipping posts without saying so, conveniently leaving out questions you don't want to answer.

"the mother"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by solva 11.08.11 19:08

Stella wrote:(snip) unless you start to back up some of your assertions, you may run the risk of being shown the door as an unwelcome guest (snip) Your ramblings that have no meaning or reference (snip) This is now the 3rd request. In future, please provide names and sources for your information, or your posts will be deleted (snip)
I posted the sources for 3 quotes in the rogs, see my posts, two from JT rog, one from RO rog. I posted the exact volume and page number in the Processos for 1 quote - what better source do you want than that? The remaining 2 quotes, you indicated you already knew the sources for. You have all the information you need to read and check the sources. Rudest and most incompetent bit of moderating I have ever seen, I am surprised anyone here puts up with it, and just in case Thursday is not the forum administration's "Moderator List Drastic Quality Review" day, I wish all the many polite posters here - Hasta La Vista :)
solva

Activity : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.08.11 7:47

solva wrote:
Stella wrote:(snip) unless you start to back up some of your assertions, you may run the risk of being shown the door as an unwelcome guest (snip) Your ramblings that have no meaning or reference (snip) This is now the 3rd request. In future, please provide names and sources for your information, or your posts will be deleted (snip)
I posted the sources for 3 quotes in the rogs, see my posts, two from JT rog, one from RO rog. I posted the exact volume and page number in the Processos for 1 quote - what better source do you want than that? The remaining 2 quotes, you indicated you already knew the sources for. You have all the information you need to read and check the sources. Rudest and most incompetent bit of moderating I have ever seen, I am surprised anyone here puts up with it, and just in case Thursday is not the forum administration's "Moderator List Drastic Quality Review" day, I wish all the many polite posters here - Hasta La Vista :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] enjoy your next trip to the Uppingham restaurant.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 13.08.11 4:19

I know I will enjoy her trip outta here.

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 13.08.11 10:11

solva wrote:
Here are a few quotes from statements made to police, all referring to Thursday:
"we could not get a table at the Tapas" Graham McKenzie - but doesn't state when tried to book tapas

"I tried to reserve a table at the Tapas Bar for that night but it was fully booked" Neil Berry - again no time of trying to book tapas

"Thursday morning (snip) had tried to book the Tapas and they couldn’t get in because it was already full" - Jane Tanner re someone in her tennis group

"they were not able to arrange a table" Raj Balu - Had table booked but chose to eat in apartment with with Neil Berry

"they’d been there at nine o’clock to book in and they still couldn’t get in" - Jane Tanner again about the tennis player in her statement

And from your next post

solva wrote:Another one
"you could only book in the morning (snip) eight or
nine o’clock"
- From Rachel Oldfield statement [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So as far as I can see the people who says someone was trying to book a table at 9 o'clock is Jane Tanner as Rachael Oldfield statement refers to actually trying to make a block booking for the week.

I have looked at who was at the 9am tennis and it seems to be Kate McCann, Diane Webster, Jane Tanner and Rachael Oldfield. Anyone know of anyone who couldn't book a table out of these people?

Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.08.11 10:35

Some more interesting points about the tapas bookings

1/5
7.15Mann (2)Bullen (4)
7.30Thornhill (2)Totman (3)Weinburger (4)
8.00Foster (2)Mackenzie (2)
8.30Oldfield (2)Obrien (2)McCann (2)Payne (3)
missing 1 child
missing 2 children
missing 1 child
missing all children
party of 3 but booked for 4

2/5
7.00Handy (4)Naylor (3)
7.30O'Donnell (2)McCormick (3)Weinburger (3)
8.00Bulrton (2)
missing 2 children
missing 1 child
missing 1 child
missing all children

3/5
7.00Edmonds (4)Mann (3)Carpenter (2)Bullen (4)
7.30Patel (4)Cox & Balu - cancelled
8.30Irwin (2)Oldfield (2)Obrien (2)McCann (2)Payne (3)
9.00Sperrey (3)
missing 2 children
missing all children
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 13.08.11 10:52

Interesting info Stella.

Ms D Bullen twice booked table for 4 when only 3 went you say.

Well she only came with a Mr M Carroll and a 2 yr old (O Carroll) so why the need for more than a table for 2 (and a high chair)?
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.08.11 11:22

Precisely and who was looking after all those missing children?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.08.11 11:42

Another case in blue of someone booking for more than their party size.

2/5
7.00Handy (4)Naylor (3)
8.00Bulrton (2)
missing 2 children
missing 1 child
missing 1 child
missing all children
party of 3 booked for 4
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.08.11 11:52

Here is one in reverse, the Totman's had 2 children age 2 and 3, but they only book in as a party of 3. Are they missing 1 child, or is the party of 3 for 3 adults?

1/5
7.15Mann (2)Bullen (4)
7.30Thornhill (2)Totman (3)Weinburger (4)
8.00Foster (2)Mackenzie (2)
missing 1 child
missing 2 children
missing 1 child
missing all children
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.08.11 12:03

What I think this demonstrates is, even with a daily quota of 20, they still allowed more people in to dine every single night, which probably means they never turned anyone away. The proof is in the extra numbers.

Why did some familes book in extra anonymous people under their own reservation?

Who looked after all the missing children?

Why did Raj Balu cancel the only reservation he made that week, just to eat with Neil Berry on his balcony?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.08.11 12:09

This is a really important one. Why did Sperrey with no children, book in as a table for 3 ? Who are all these extra people ?

3/5
9.00Sperrey (3)
missing 2 children
missing all children
party of 2 but booked for 3
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.08.11 15:51

Stella wrote:Another case in blue of someone booking for more than their party size.

2/5
7.00Handy (4)Naylor (3)
8.00Bulrton (2)
missing 2 children
missing 1 child
missing 1 child
missing all children
party of 3 booked for 4

Naylor had 2 children. Did they really only take one of their children to dinner, or did they leave both children with someone and take an extra adult?

These tapas lists are in a right state !!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ekatae 12.12.13 2:47

I believe the research done here is fantastic ... did not know until know how serious such a Forum could be.....but this is outstanding research...!!

ekatae

Activity : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.12.13 9:31

Tapas had also take-away service. Are there any lists of those? Or are they included in the reservation lists?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.12.13 9:46

Guest wrote:This is a really important one.  Why did Sperrey with no children, book in as a table for 3 ?  Who are all these extra people ?

3/5
9.00Sperrey (3)
missing 2 children
missing all children

Carpenter, leaving two children someplace else when eating out, COULD hypothetically have been Crecheman?

As, come to think of it, COULD have been also: MO, ROB and GM?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 12.12.13 10:10

Tapas are appetizers and snacks, everything I have read mentions main courses being eaten by the group. In what way was this a tapas bar? Maybe for lunchtime snacks, but the essence of tapas is that they are an accompaniment to the main event  .....alcohol!

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 01.04.14 8:45

I was looking for something else and came across a lengthy report from the Sol newspaper.

This snippet is interesting, they're getting the quiz night wrong but highlighted bits are of interest.

Quote:
The conversation always comes back to the same issue: the night of the disappearance. The account of that last dinner has disparate versions among the group's members. Some swear that someone left the table every half hour to check on the kids; other reduce that time to half of it. Some say control is made window by window; others say the adults entered each other's apartments.

One of the employees that was on duty that evening does not remember a lot of movement: "I only remember a tall, grey-haired man getting up once from the table". It was Russell, who, two days earlier, also had attended dinner.

An aerobic instructor from the resort entertains the dinner guests at Tapas with a `Quiz'. At 9.30 p.m. the game ends, and Gerry invites her to their table, where she stays for half an hour. During that time, as she later confided to friends, nobody left the table, but one of the chairs was vacant. Najova Chekaya refuses to talk to Sol. And Russell, when the questions start to surround him, loses his sympathy: "I have nothing further to tell you. I am not going to dishonor the promise I assumed with Kate and Gerry. They want to control all information that is disclosed".
Unquote

So -  it reads to me as if Russell attended dinner at the tapas on either Tuesday or Monday, but it doesn't read as if the whole group was there every night.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 01.04.14 9:00

Portia wrote:
Guest wrote:This is a really important one.  Why did Sperrey with no children, book in as a table for 3 ?  Who are all these extra people ?

3/5
9.00Sperrey (3)
missing 2 children
missing all children

Carpenter, leaving two children someplace else when eating out, COULD hypothetically have been Crecheman?

As, come to think of it, COULD have been also: MO, ROB and GM?

Would small children with parents be included in the numbers for seating ?  If bringing a one year old who would remain in a buggy for example, then that child would not require a seat nor would they require a meal, so a table for two would be booked.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top