The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Discrepancies between the book and the statements in the PJ Files/Videos/Interviews - Page 4 Mm11

Discrepancies between the book and the statements in the PJ Files/Videos/Interviews - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Discrepancies between the book and the statements in the PJ Files/Videos/Interviews - Page 4 Mm11

Discrepancies between the book and the statements in the PJ Files/Videos/Interviews - Page 4 Regist10

Discrepancies between the book and the statements in the PJ Files/Videos/Interviews

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Discrepancies between the book and the statements in the PJ Files/Videos/Interviews - Page 4 Empty Re: Discrepancies between the book and the statements in the PJ Files/Videos/Interviews

Post by PeterMac 12.06.11 15:00

PeterMac wrote:p. 349 "Madeleine would be the first person to correct anyone who makes the mistake of shortening her name. "I'm not Maddie, I'm Madeleine!' And quite right too. it's often done inadvertently, or in a good-natured attempt to sound more familiar or friendly, but the press know what her name is and to this day they insist on calling her Maddie or Maddy. I find it quite disrespectful."
I think there are examples of members of the family using that form, but then later on
p 359, para 3, "...though it wasn't much fun watching my little Seany, all red-face, blotchy and sobbing..."
So far as I can tell this is the only time she has ever used this diminutive form. Have we heard or read it elsewhere ? Children's names with one, or with more than two syllables are often extended or truncated to two, so that calling them is easier and can be done on a falling inflection of a musical third, (Soh and Mi to be precise, try it )
so James > Ja-mie, Madeleine > Mad- die, Sean > Sea- ny, Kate > Ka-tey, and so on. Pe-ter, Ger-ry, Da-vid, are OK as they stand.

And more examples
p. 138 John McCann referred to as "Johnny"
p. 189 "She called Gerry ‘Gerald', a name he never uses."
p. 359 Sean referred to as “Seany”
p. 349 All the nonsense about Madeleine not being called Maddie.

Why ? Clearly within the family they use diminutives, so what was the point of overstating the case in the way they did, and she has just done again ?

Discrepancies between the book and the statements in the PJ Files/Videos/Interviews - Page 4 Anyone10
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16605

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Discrepancies between the book and the statements in the PJ Files/Videos/Interviews - Page 4 Empty Re: Discrepancies between the book and the statements in the PJ Files/Videos/Interviews

Post by Baronstu 12.06.11 16:21

From Kates book:

Having arranged for Gerry to meet the children, I opted to go for a run along the beach, where I spotted the rest of our
holiday group. They saw me and shouted some words of encouragement. At least, I think that’s what they were shouting! I
remember feeling fleetingly disappointed that we hadn’t known they were all heading for the beach, as it might have been
nice to have joined them, especially for the kids. I wondered whether Madeleine had been OK about staying behind at Mini
Club when Russ or Jane had collected Ella. I wasn’t to know at that stage that in fact they had only just arrived when I ran by.
It’s hard work being a mum sometimes, fretting about the possible effects of the smallest of incidents on your children. I’m sure
a lot of these worries are unfounded but it doesn’t stop us having them, and we’ll probably go on having them for the rest of
our lives.
I had finished my run by five-thirty at the Tapas area, where I found Madeleine and the twins already having their tea with

Gerry.

[img:9384]http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/CRECHE/Processo-pdf01-pages-107-111[105-109]/processopdf01page107-CrecheRecords3.jpg[/img:9384]

The link is to the McCanfiles Creche record for the 3rd May. Kate signed Madeleine out at 17:30 (allegedly).
Baronstu

Activity : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.06.11 11:29

Can somebody who has the book look for a picture of the church and tell me if this is exactly what it says underneath it please.

I feel a strong bond with Praia da Luz – the place I last saw Madeleine. The church of Nossa Senhora da Luz

If it does and you replace a small typo of a full stop with a comma, is Kate telling us this is where she said goodbye to Madeleine ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 13.06.11 12:10

Page 4 of the second set of photos
Top photo is of the McCanns walking away from the church, three video cameras pointed at them and a line of people each side. Gerald with head down, Katey carrying flowers, cuddlecat, and small black bag.
Bottom photo is very dark picture of Rocha negra. Taken into the sun so very bright sky but dark rocks and little colour

Caption between is - (carriage returns as printed)

I feel a strong bond with Praia de Luz - the place I last saw Madeleine.
Above: the church of Nossa Senhora dea Luz; below: the Rocha Negra,
pictured early one morning on my mobile phone from 'my rocks' on
the beach.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Discrepancies between the book and the statements in the PJ Files/Videos/Interviews - Page 4 Empty Gerry Blog 20 May 07

Post by ROSA 13.06.11 12:59

Kate is a keen runner and in the last few days has tried to include a run in the daily routine. Yesterday (Sat) at 7am we ran to the monument at the top of the steep cliff overlooking Praia de Luz. We reached it in 19 minutes.
Thanks G we now know that during the most distressful month in your life you where timing your runs makes you wonder what else was timed this way

ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.06.11 14:20

PeterMac wrote:Page 4 of the second set of photos
Top photo is of the McCanns walking away from the church, three video cameras pointed at them and a line of people each side. Gerald with head down, Katey carrying flowers, cuddlecat, and small black bag.
Bottom photo is very dark picture of Rocha negra. Taken into the sun so very bright sky but dark rocks and little colour

Caption between is - (carriage returns as printed)

I feel a strong bond with Praia de Luz - the place I last saw Madeleine.
Above: the church of Nossa Senhora dea Luz; below: the Rocha Negra,
pictured early one morning on my mobile phone from 'my rocks' on
the beach.

Thank you PeterMac, especially for the very detailed description of the photo's and layout of the type.

I think it is very,very odd, that in a caption attached to two pictures, of places where she and Madeleine would never have visited together prior to May 3rd, therefore no happy memories of them being there, that she mentions the phrase a "strong bond".

Discrepancies between the book and the statements in the PJ Files/Videos/Interviews - Page 4 234726 I wonder if this is what Pat Brown was referring to?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 14.06.11 20:19

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:
ROSA wrote:In her book released on 12th May Kate suddenly acknowledged that Madeleine might NOT have taken part in the sailing trip.

You would think that Kate, as Maddie's mum, would know if Maddie took part in the sailing trip.

Maybe not, though, cos she wasn't certain Maddie didn't have a nosebleed that went up the walls, on the back of the sofa, on the hem of the curtains (that were washed) and under the floor tiles.

In fact Aunty Phenomenal McScam said the blood could have come from mosquitoes, but that has nothing to do with the sailing trip....

...Wasn't Maddie said to have a fear of water aswell as a fear of pain? Wasn't Maddie said to have screamed on that sailing trip?

And Kate doesn't know?

Kate: We had a super week. We came with a group of friends who themselves have children. Ours had more small friends. There was this club for children with lots of activities. They spent there great moments.
Gerry: Madeleine, in particular, has a lot of fun. [b]One day, she even did sailing with the club.

Kate and Gerry McCann, Paris Match, September 2007

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 15.06.11 0:27

If she did not take part in the sailing trip it would be recorded in the records by the organisers of the group
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.06.11 15:12

From Dr Martin Roberts article:

from the book...................
p.70 (paragraph 3), where she describes Gerry's 'check' at 9.05 p.m.

"He glanced into our room to make sure Madeleine hadn't wandered in there, as she was prone to do if ever she woke in the small hours. Seeing no little body curled up in our bed, he went over to look in on the children."

Statement 10th May

In his own (10 May) statement to police Gerry McCann is at pains to emphasize that he did not enter any other room (except the bathroom).

And as pointed out in the article by Dr. Martin Roberts, you cannot glance into the parents bedroom, you have to walk right in to see the beds.

Discrepancies between the book and the statements in the PJ Files/Videos/Interviews - Page 4 Apt5am10
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 16.07.11 12:23

PeterMac wrote:
PeterMac wrote:p. 349 "Madeleine would be the first person to correct anyone who makes the mistake of shortening her name. "I'm not Maddie, I'm Madeleine!' And quite right too. it's often done inadvertently, or in a good-natured attempt to sound more familiar or friendly, but the press know what her name is and to this day they insist on calling her Maddie or Maddy. I find it quite disrespectful."
I think there are examples of members of the family using that form, but then later on
p 359, para 3, "...though it wasn't much fun watching my little Seany, all red-face, blotchy and sobbing..."
So far as I can tell this is the only time she has ever used this diminutive form. Have we heard or read it elsewhere ? Children's names with one, or with more than two syllables are often extended or truncated to two, so that calling them is easier and can be done on a falling inflection of a musical third, (Soh and Mi to be precise, try it )
so James > Ja-mie, Madeleine > Mad- die, Sean > Sea- ny, Kate > Ka-tey, and so on. Pe-ter, Ger-ry, Da-vid, are OK as they stand.

And more examples
p. 138 John McCann referred to as "Johnny"
p. 189 "She called Gerry ‘Gerald', a name he never uses."
p. 359 Sean referred to as “Seany”
p. 349 All the nonsense about Madeleine not being called Maddie.

Why ? Clearly within the family they use diminutives, so what was the point of overstating the case in the way they did, and she has just done again ?
And yet another example, this time broacast to tens of thousands of football fans and across the TV Channels, at the FA Cup Final in 2007.

Discrepancies between the book and the statements in the PJ Files/Videos/Interviews - Page 4 Madeleine_FA_Cup_Final_2007
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 16.07.11 13:19

You see they never did put any emphasis on Maddie's eye abnormality.
Never
ever
never

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 16.07.11 13:47

And yet another example, this time broacast to tens of thousands of
football fans and across the TV Channels, at the FA Cup Final in 2007.
- and with the eye which 'to be honest' they 'never made much of' highlighted.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 16.07.11 14:51

For a retired cop the expression "to be honest" is a dead giveaway.
Anyone who ever used the expression "I swear on my baby's life..." could safely be arrested and locked up, lending a full and frank admission.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Discrepancies between the book and the statements in the PJ Files/Videos/Interviews - Page 4 Empty agendum re names

Post by tigger 23.07.11 20:44

PeterMac wrote:And yet again, but this time both are from the book.
p. 84 "Although Jane had never seen or known about Madeleine's Eeyore pyjamas, her description of this child's night clothes - light coloured pink or white pyjamas with a 'trailing' or floral pattern and turn-ups on the bottoms - matched Madeleine's almost exactly. "
and then
p. 171 ]i] "We were able to show a pair or pyjamas like Madeleine's on the programme, which was particularly important since at the time it had been incorrectly stated in some press reports that her pyjamas were white."[/i]

We know the pyjama bottoms were white, we can see them in the photos, and we know that JT says that she saw only the legs and feet of the alleged child being carried away by the alleged abductor on the alleged night, so why on earth is Katey pretending that they were not?
What is going on here. She is protesting too much, over something which should not be important, but clearly is.
Just as she does with Madeleine / Maddie, - Sean / Seany, - Gerald / Gerry. There is an agendum here which we have not yet understood.

That's easy. The short versions aren't posh. I was surprised to se 'Gerald' written on the first timeline they put together. They are dreadful social climbers, can't be doing with simple folk. It's quite common in people who've just managed to get into the next class up. Their general behaviour also betrays this.
tigger
tigger

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.09.11 18:02

Completely different stories, - so were the twins on one bed, or in cots? - the quote is directly from GM in Vanity Fair and says the twins were actually in one bed ...................

GM Witness statement 10th May 2007

[snipped]

At around 19H00, he made his way to the apartment, finding KATE and the children playing on the sofa. About 10 to 15 minutes later, they took the children to the bedroom and they all sat on MADELEINE's bed to read a story. At 19H30, the twins were already in their respective cots and MADELEINE in the bed next to the bedroom door. He does not know if they were asleep but from the silence he presumed that they were. As it was still early he took a bath, he thinks that KATE had already done so, they talked a little and drank wine or beer.

[further on in the statement snipped]

When he arrived at the bedroom he first noticed that the door was completely open, the window was also open to one side, the shutters almost fully raised, the curtains drawn back, MADELEINE's bed was empty but the twins continued sleeping in their cots.
He clarifies that according to what KATE told him, that was the scenario that she found when she entered the apartment.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id192.html#sta1

From Vanity Fair interview.................

WEB EXCLUSIVEJanuary 10, 2008
Crime
Unanswered Prayers

d]][snipped]

Thus the most important clue to the mystery of Madeleine’s disappearance was initially ignored. At around 9:15, another friend, Jane Tanner, emerged from her own villa to see a white man in beige trousers—five feet six, brown hair (longer in the back), and perhaps 35, she later told the police. In his arms he cradled a child wearing pink-and-white pajamas.
It wasn’t until Kate walked into the villa at 10 and felt a sickening breeze—the front window had been jimmied open—that she realized something terrible had happened. The scene was stark,” Gerry tells me. On one bed the twins lay sleeping. In the next lay only the plush cat toy Madeleine was never without. That was when Kate came out screaming, “ Madeleine has gone! ”
page 2
[/i]

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/02/mccanns200802#gotopage2

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 19.05.12 14:19

Baronstu wrote:From Kates book:

Having arranged for Gerry to meet the children, I opted to go for a run along the beach, where I spotted the rest of our
holiday group. They saw me and shouted some words of encouragement. At least, I think that’s what they were shouting! I
remember feeling fleetingly disappointed that we hadn’t known they were all heading for the beach, as it might have been
nice to have joined them, especially for the kids. I wondered whether Madeleine had been OK about staying behind at Mini
Club when Russ or Jane had collected Ella. I wasn’t to know at that stage that in fact they had only just arrived when I ran by.
It’s hard work being a mum sometimes, fretting about the possible effects of the smallest of incidents on your children. I’m sure
a lot of these worries are unfounded but it doesn’t stop us having them, and we’ll probably go on having them for the rest of
our lives.
I had finished my run by five-thirty at the Tapas area, where I found Madeleine and the twins already having their tea with

Gerry.

[img:90d2]http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/CRECHE/Processo-pdf01-pages-107-111[105-109]/processopdf01page107-CrecheRecords3.jpg[/img:90d2]

The link is to the McCanfiles Creche record for the 3rd May. Kate signed Madeleine out at 17:30 (allegedly).

From Fiona Payne's RI regarding the Thursday beach trip: (last sentence)
'No, no, Kate didn't come. They, they tended to use the kids club in the afternoon, for the twins as well as Madeleine, and they were the only ones really doing that, as I say, E*** sometimes went in in the afternoon, but the younger ones, you know, none of us put them in in the afternoon. So, again, that's generally why we didn't see them because they had things booked to do in the afternoon without the kids and we didn't. So, you know, we had asked them but, you know, they had tennis lessons or something.
friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top