The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The meeting between DCI Roe, Essex Police and Tony Bennett, 17 Dec 2009 - Page 12 Mm11

The meeting between DCI Roe, Essex Police and Tony Bennett, 17 Dec 2009 - Page 12 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The meeting between DCI Roe, Essex Police and Tony Bennett, 17 Dec 2009 - Page 12 Mm11

The meeting between DCI Roe, Essex Police and Tony Bennett, 17 Dec 2009 - Page 12 Regist10

The meeting between DCI Roe, Essex Police and Tony Bennett, 17 Dec 2009

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The meeting between DCI Roe, Essex Police and Tony Bennett, 17 Dec 2009 - Page 12 Empty Re: The meeting between DCI Roe, Essex Police and Tony Bennett, 17 Dec 2009

Post by vaguely 06.01.10 9:36

Ruby wrote:Don't be daft he can't talk about it while there's an investigation - you know, like your mates never mind

Ruby, I'm not sure whether it's possible to talk any more than has been about the dirty washing of the foundation. I know more about it than I do about my own life.

Activity : 428

Back to top Go down

The meeting between DCI Roe, Essex Police and Tony Bennett, 17 Dec 2009 - Page 12 Empty Re: The meeting between DCI Roe, Essex Police and Tony Bennett, 17 Dec 2009

Post by Ruby 06.01.10 9:41

lol! GPWM (good point well made)
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

The meeting between DCI Roe, Essex Police and Tony Bennett, 17 Dec 2009 - Page 12 Empty What is 'trivial'?

Post by Tony Bennett 06.01.10 9:44

Raffle wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:[
No, he wrote notes in long-hand; he took a history and various details of the harassment.

Then after a couple of hours he began writing this up into a coherent statement on official police witness sheets.

Mr Bennett, perhaps you could give us a list of what it took this policeman 5 or so hours to write up?

I do hope he wasn't kept from catching rapists, muggers, wife batterers etc whilst he spent so much time with you on what many feel is such a trivial matter...
No, I'm not going to post up details of what was in the statement.

Is it 'trivial' to cause two national newspapers to cause millions of readers to believe that you have diverted £90,000 of cheques intended to help find Madeleine into your private bank accounts?

Is it 'trivial' to publicise on your personal forums completely false allegations that another, named, person, is guilty of sexual relations with 10-year-old girls plus numerous other false allagations of criminal activity?

Is it 'trivial' for a person to claim to others that she has inside information that people will be arrested by police and charged with a crime if they attend a meeting?
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 06.01.10 9:48

Tony, you can take comfort in the fact that most rational people don't believe half the crap printed in red top newspapers or on forums.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.10 10:00

Tony Bennett wrote:
Raffle wrote:
No, he wrote notes in long-hand; he took a history and various details of the harassment.

Then after a couple of hours he began writing this up into a coherent statement on official police witness sheets.

Mr Bennett, perhaps you could give us a list of what it took this policeman 5 or so hours to write up?

I do hope he wasn't kept from catching rapists, muggers, wife batterers etc whilst he spent so much time with you on what many feel is such a trivial matter...

Is it 'trivial' to cause two national newspapers to cause millions of readers to believe that you have diverted £90,000 of cheques intended to help find Madeleine into your private bank accounts?

Is it 'trivial' to publicise on your personal forums completely false allegations that another, named, person, is guilty of sexual relations with 10-year-old girls plus numerous other false allagations of criminal activity?

Is it 'trivial' for a person to claim to others that she has inside information that people will be arrested by police and charged with a crime if they attend a meeting?

Is it trivial for all of your neighbours to be told you have killed your daughter in an apartment in Portugal?

Is it trivial to be dragged into court?

Is it trivial for people to ring Social Services and demand the twins be taken off you?

Is it trivial for the person who is responsible for the leaflets to be creeping about your village taking photos of your house?

and just for the record MR B, half the stuff you keep droning on about being accused of, I've never seen..........but you keep hammering the point home and spreading the rumours YOURSELF--so well done never mind
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DyDy 06.01.10 10:19

Tony Bennett wrote:

No certainly not 'trivial'. So you filed an indictment against Debbie Butler for stalking and harassment. Right?
DyDy

Activity : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.10 10:27

Raffle wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Raffle wrote:

Is it trivial for all of your neighbours to be told you have killed your daughter in an apartment in Portugal?

Is it trivial for people to ring Social Services and demand the twins be taken off you?

Is it trivial for the person who is responsible for the leaflets to be creeping about your village taking photos of your house?

and just for the record MR B, half the stuff you keep droning on about being accused of, I've never seen..........but you keep hammering the point home and spreading the rumours YOURSELF--so well done never mind

Perhaps it's time TB should think about "Don't do to others what you don't want others do to you".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.10 10:55

Tony Bennett wrote:

He then required a good half hour to three quarters of an hour to write out my statement [witness statements are all written by Police Officers and using a certain format]. During this time he didn't need me to be present, so I went upstairs first of all to print off some of the evidence of harassment and malicious communications and then had a few minutes spare in which to visit the forum.

Sorry what kind of certain format would that be Tony? The person who's witness statement is being took, MUST be present at all times when the statement is being done. Even a ex-solicitor like you must know that
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.10 10:57

rockyrobin wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

He then required a good half hour to three quarters of an hour to write out my statement [witness statements are all written by Police Officers and using a certain format]. During this time he didn't need me to be present, so I went upstairs first of all to print off some of the evidence of harassment and malicious communications and then had a few minutes spare in which to visit the forum.

Sorry what kind of certain format would that be Tony? The person who's witness statement is being took, MUST be present at all times when the statement is being done. Even a ex-solicitor like you must know that

That is exactly what I thought. What is the point in taking a witness statement if the witness is not there?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.10 11:01

And the one thing the Police say is not to warn the others that you have ade a complaint as they can get their alibis sorted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 06.01.10 11:03

rockyrobin wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

I presume the certain format relates to the language used. Certainly from what I remember there is a pre-printed and headed form that statements will be made on.

I also know that the statementee certainly used to have to be present, and would be read every sentence before it was committed to paper.

But maybe things have changed.

ETA, Mr Bennett, did the police not advise you to desist from making comments relating to Ms Butler on forums? I fear a certain tit for tat element that appears to be building would certainly have an impact on any court case.

Back to top Go down

Post by exempt 06.01.10 11:18

Tony Bennett wrote:
DCB1 wrote:It's odd that TB made two posts on the credit union thread when the Police were with him https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/right-to-reply-madeleine-foundation-issues-f1/the-truth-about-tony-bennett-and-the-two-harlow-credit-unions-t274-45.htm

Must have been a coffee break.
Yes, checking back, these posts were made at 11.26am and 11.28an.

The explanation is very simple.

By about 11.15am, the Det. Sgt. had completed his notes on the harassment.

Yes but you said this:

A Detective Sergeant called at home on Sunday at 9.15am and was here till 2.00pm taking a long statement with 11 exhibits detailing the various acts of harassment by Ms Butler. He was given evidence that this harassment campaign had now lasted over 10 weeks without let-up.

So why was he there between noon and 2pm? Were you being economical with the truth?
exempt
exempt

Activity : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Nick 06.01.10 11:36

I expect that's how long it took for the policeman to read the statement back to Mr B for verification. It was obviously a very long statement.
Old Nick

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 06.01.10 11:39

Well it obviously wasn't a day that they were tasked with filling out a time and motion survey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.10 11:50

Raffle wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Raffle wrote:

Good post Raffle.

What a waste of Police time and resources..Couldn't this have been handled as a Civil matter? Tbh I don't give a monkey's about TB and DB tit for tat spat. But, you Tony keep bringing it to peoples attention!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.10 12:38

exempt wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
DCB1 wrote:It's odd that TB made two posts on the credit union thread when the Police were with him https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/right-to-reply-madeleine-foundation-issues-f1/the-truth-about-tony-bennett-and-the-two-harlow-credit-unions-t274-45.htm

Must have been a coffee break.
Yes, checking back, these posts were made at 11.26am and 11.28an.

The explanation is very simple.

By about 11.15am, the Det. Sgt. had completed his notes on the harassment.

Yes but you said this:

A Detective Sergeant called at home on Sunday at 9.15am and was here till 2.00pm taking a long statement with 11 exhibits detailing the various acts of harassment by Ms Butler. He was given evidence that this harassment campaign had now lasted over 10 weeks without let-up.

So why was he there between noon and 2pm? Were you being economical with the truth?

If the DCI arrived at 09.15 hrs and was still there at 2pm, this is approximately 4hours and 45 minutes of valuable police time? Or is my math incorrect? Perhaps I am missing something?
So the DCI is there hand writing all his notes up and Tony slips away to make further posts on forums? thinking
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.10 12:47

Yeah. That's not polite, is it. He should have prepared his 'evidence' better for that meeting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.10 12:56

Personally i cannot understand why a DS would go as well, to such a meaningless case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DCB1 06.01.10 12:58

rockyrobin wrote:Personally i cannot understand why a DS would go as well, to such a meaningless case.

They have a duty to investigate a complaint.
DCB1

Activity : 365

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.10 13:00

The duty to investigate, yes, but by a high ranked officer, on a Sunday?

Personally I have my reservations about the whole matter. Time will tell.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.10 13:01

rockyrobin wrote:Personally i cannot understand why a DS would go as well, to such a meaningless case.

Sorry if I am lagging behind, but am I now correct in thinking that a DCI AND a DS wasted were with Tony for 4 hours and 45 mins on this issue? And to think I worried that pensioners robbed in their own homes by evil were not getting properly attended by the police, obviously I was worrying about nothing, there must be ample police to go around, thank goodness for that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DCB1 06.01.10 13:02

Don't forget that from the OP on this thread TB has lodged a complaint against the Police action already:

"(1) This refers to complaints about the way Essex Police have handled, so far, the allegations of Ms Butler and also their (alleged) failures to get to grips with the campaign of harassment by Ms Butler against me and others"

I did however understand that Roe was to be the single point of contact?
DCB1

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Nick 06.01.10 13:04

There are always police resources made available for men of Mr Bennett's calibre.
Old Nick

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 06.01.10 13:04

Molly wrote:The duty to investigate, yes, but by a high ranked officer, on a Sunday?

Personally I have my reservations about the whole matter. Time will tell.

I would presume that Mr Bennetts previous claims about the police will have influenced who they sent and how much time they gave to the matter. Whereas the little old lady three roads down from him who gets her pension money stolen will have to make do with the minimal amount of time that the police have left.

Mr Bennett is as entitled as anyone else to have his complaint dealt with, but I imagine his previous complaining and claims of corruption actually put him in a position where he receives special treatment.

I feel slightly disappointed that Mr Bennett doesn't recognise that and feel slightly embarrassed. This is a domestic dispute.

Back to top Go down

Post by DCB1 06.01.10 13:08

It sounds like an Adult Fun tiff to me.
DCB1

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top