The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Police budget for Madeleine McCann probe cut by £50,000 due to 'belt tightening' Mm11

Police budget for Madeleine McCann probe cut by £50,000 due to 'belt tightening' Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Police budget for Madeleine McCann probe cut by £50,000 due to 'belt tightening' Mm11

Police budget for Madeleine McCann probe cut by £50,000 due to 'belt tightening' Regist10

Police budget for Madeleine McCann probe cut by £50,000 due to 'belt tightening'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Police budget for Madeleine McCann probe cut by £50,000 due to 'belt tightening' Empty Police budget for Madeleine McCann probe cut by £50,000 due to 'belt tightening'

Post by Verdi 28.09.22 1:03

bn

Police budget for Madeleine McCann probe cut by £50,000 due to 'belt tightening'

The drop of £47,000 is roughly equivalent to the annual salary of one detective inspector and comes as all public budgets face pressure - but there is no end in sight for the 11-year Maddie probe

ByPatrick HillNews Reporter

20:28, 24 Sep 2022

The police probe into the ­disappearance of Madeleine McCann has had its budget slashed by almost £50,000.

The annual grant for the Met’s Operation Grange is now set at £303,000.

The drop of £47,000 is roughly equivalent to the annual salary of one detective inspector and comes as all public budgets face pressure.

But there is no end in sight for the 11-year Maddie probe, which has already cost some £12.5million.

It was launched after Portugese police failed to find out what happened to the three-year-old after she vanished on a family holiday in the Algarve in 2007.

Former Met detective Peter Bleksley tonight said: “Belt tightening is something that has had to happen in all areas of policing in recent years.

“I suspect this is yet another example of that – and that in previous years a lot of the funding has gone on travel and overtime bills.

“I suspect this investigation is now slimmed down to a couple of officers dotting i’s and crossing t’s.”

In March it was incorrectly reported that the Met’s investigation would be wound down by the end of the year.

But Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry McCann, of Rothley, Leics, remain desperate for answers.

German investigators are convinced paedophile Christian Brueckner is responsible for their daughter’s disappearance.

Police budget for Madeleine McCann probe cut by £50,000 due to 'belt tightening' Scre2757

This month, prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters said there is no end in sight to the Madeleine case.

But he is preparing to give a TV update on five other cases linked to Brueckner, who is currently in jail for raping a woman aged 72 in Portugal.

Brueckner, 43, denies any wrongdoing and has not been charged with any offence in relation to Madeleine.

Mr Bleksley said: “My concern is this is going to end up being one of the great unsolved crime mysteries.

“I don’t share Wolters’ optimism. I think he should put up or shut up. If you’ve got the evidence, stick him on the sheet, as we used to say.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-budget-madeleine-mccann-probe-28073248

duh

A non event some might say but still, it is after all EXCLUSIVE !!!

rolleyes

Christmas is coming, the fund is getting slim
Please put your money in our begging bin

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Police budget for Madeleine McCann probe cut by £50,000 due to 'belt tightening' Empty Re: Police budget for Madeleine McCann probe cut by £50,000 due to 'belt tightening'

Post by crusader 28.09.22 7:48

I wouldn't mind a job dotting i's and crossing t's for £303,000 a year.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 5475

Back to top Go down

Police budget for Madeleine McCann probe cut by £50,000 due to 'belt tightening' Empty Re: Police budget for Madeleine McCann probe cut by £50,000 due to 'belt tightening'

Post by PeterMac 28.09.22 8:36

"“... in previous years a lot of the funding has gone on travel and overtime bills."

Well quite.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 28.09.22 13:26

Four eyes are better than two but in truth, what did the Operation Grange think they were going to discover on Portuguese territory that the Portuguese diligence missed? Particularly when considering the British authorities reluctance to recognize or even acknowledge that documented diligence.

Arrogance personified.

Police budget for Madeleine McCann probe cut by £50,000 due to 'belt tightening' Scre2759

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top