The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 3 Mm11

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 3 Mm11

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 3 Regist10

Gonçalo Amaral New Book: General Discussion.

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gonçalo Amaral New Book: General Discussion.

Post by Verdi 13.10.21 13:44

It will be very very interesting to see the UK's response to this new book.

Will it take the media by storm or will it be .... 'I'm not going to comment about that' .... or maybe ignored because it might interfere with a live investigation.

interview

eyebrows

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gonçalo Amaral New Book: General Discussion.

Post by Guest 13.10.21 13:53

It will probably trashed, and Goncalo will be called 'bungling' again. The McCann's will announce that they aren't going to read it, more than likely.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 13.10.21 17:38

Had an e-mail from 'Wook' (Portuguese book seller). It's been dispatched today, not that I'll be able to read it easily! Maybe it'll have some nice pictures!
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 13.10.21 18:38

Ebook available

Would be good to purchase if we could read in English. Does anyone know if this can be translated as we read?

https://www.wook.pt/livro/maddie-basta-de-mentiras-goncalo-amaral/25005660
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 13.10.21 20:13

I've just bought it on ebook...it'll be delivered by email on 15th. But I got a pdf of the terms and conditions just now, I copied and pasted the text into a word doc and then translated it.

I'm hoping it'll work with the ebook too.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41843

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 13.10.21 20:40

You can get an app on your phone, you point it at the portuguese text and it translated to English.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 5568

Jill Havern and sharonl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 13.10.21 21:59

download DeepL
https://www.deepl.com/en/translator

It is free
Just hit Copy TWICE and it opens automatically and translates the text you have selected
BUT ALSO
You can load entire WORD docs into it.
It's pretty good with the languages I am familiar with.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16596

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Silverspeed likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by xklamation 14.10.21 10:43

Good morning, two new articles, one from last night on Sic Notícias where Amaral says to Wolters to "know your place" and that "donkey's voices don't reach the heavens" (portuguese idiomatic expression) and a CdM article where he states he's not afraid of a new book injunction.

Still waiting for the ebook from Wook 12 hours after making a successful Multibanco payment, which is infuriating, but going to get a book hard copy from my local newstand, which is good.
xklamation
xklamation
Filmmaker/Translator

Activity : 190

Jill Havern and crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 14.10.21 13:22

Thank you for all your work xklamation, now and over the years bow2 roses .

ex moderator
ex moderator

xklamation, Doug D, Silverspeed, Ladyinred and crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by xklamation 14.10.21 13:25

Verdi wrote:Thank you for all your work xklamation, now and over the years bow2  roses .

Thank you Verdi Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 3 2764
xklamation
xklamation
Filmmaker/Translator

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.10.21 15:02

I wish I were more computer confident, I'd order Goncalo's book.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 14.10.21 16:27

I got a copy of the ebook version, but is is not compatible with Kindle
only with their own WOOK reader (which is free, but only works on an iPad or iPhone
not on an iMac )
They have annoyingly but understandably blocked the copy function, 
so feeding bits into DeepL or Google translate is not easy

Still working on it.  May be able to do screen shots into OCR app, and work something out.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16596

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Mellypig likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by xklamation 14.10.21 16:31

CaKeLoveR wrote:I wish I were more computer confident, I'd order Goncalo's book.

Imo, wait for the English version, there's no point in rushing, unless you intend to translate the book :) The wook site is so problematic that they didn't accept a Visa card I have specific for the internet, I had to buy the ebook with a Multibanco (sort of ATM) payment last night at 20:30pm and after all this time, I'm still waiting to get the epub file, that is the ebook. I've complained and all I got so far, after all these hours was an automatic reply. First and last time I buy anything on wook. Good news is, I got the book copy from my local newstand, yay!

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 3 Img_2011
Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 3 Img_2010
xklamation
xklamation
Filmmaker/Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.10.21 16:36

Thank you xklamation
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xklamation 14.10.21 16:42

PeterMac wrote:I got a copy of the ebook version, but is is not compatible with Kindle
only with their own WOOK reader (which is free, but only works on an iPad or iPhone
not on an iMac )

Still working on it.  May be able to do screen shots into OCR app, and work something out.

Exactly Peter, they force the use of the Wook reader app, which frankly on a cell phone with a miniscule screen is annoying to read, from what I can see from the excerpt, which by the way now has 4 chapters available https://biblioteca.wook.pt/reader/index.html. You can also use the https://biblioteca.wook.pt/bookshelf online, in any browser, you can use the edit tools of the browser to copy(paste large sections. But so far I have nothing to download, no email, nothing on the app or library zilch, it's unbelievable. I'm still hoping I can download just the file to the computer and then format it into a more readable file format, such as a PDF with OCR.

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 3 Firefo44
Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 3 Firefo45
xklamation
xklamation
Filmmaker/Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 14.10.21 16:43

I bet the book has more sales outlets than 'the Sun' and that never goes down - well.

splat

It'll have even more when an English version is available.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by xklamation 14.10.21 17:54

Peter is mentioned on chapter 22, as well as his research and a group of researchers, chiefly of British origin :)
Here the last photo analysis is presented, as well as the document that was sent to the Portuguese PGR, plus what is behind the 29 of April date.

edited: finally read the full book, going for a second a read.
xklamation
xklamation
Filmmaker/Translator

Jill Havern, sharonl, Silverspeed, sandancer, crusader and Angel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vera Krista 14.10.21 18:17

I'm not sure whether to buy the ebook or wait for the Eng translation? I'm curious as well.

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

― Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
Vera Krista
Vera Krista

Activity : 578

Back to top Go down

Post by Vera Krista 14.10.21 18:35

PeterMac wrote:I got a copy of the ebook version, but is is not compatible with Kindle
not on an iMac )

did you try converting it into mobi?
Vera Krista
Vera Krista

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.10.21 18:47

I didn't understand a word of posts #5, #7# and 8#.  I don't think I'll ever get a  bingo  moment with computers.  sad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 14.10.21 19:24

xklamation wrote:Peter is mentioned on chapter 22, as well as his research and a group of researchers, chiefly of British origin :)
Here the last photo analysis is presented, as well as the document that was sent to the Portuguese PGR, plus what is behind the 29 of April date.
oooh, how very exciting....I wonder who he could be referring to?   nails

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41843

xklamation and Angel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mellypig 14.10.21 19:51

not on an iMac )

Hey Peter. 
I got it this morning and WOOK worked on my android tablet if that’s any help. 
It’s a cracking read, You get a name drop. 
Come to that bit yet? Xxx
Mellypig
Mellypig

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Mellypig 14.10.21 19:55

not on an iMac )

Hey Peter, 
I downloaded it today and have been reading all day. Cracking read. WOOK works on my android tablet if that’s any help. 
He name drops ya. ☺
Seen that yet? 
Didn’t share any deets today so no spoilers. 
Xxx
Mellypig
Mellypig

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Vera Krista 14.10.21 19:59

CaKeLoveR wrote:I didn't understand a word of posts #5, #7# and 8#.  I don't think I'll ever get a  bingo  moment with computers.  sad
mobi is the extension name given to kindle books
Wook reader is the application to read ebooks 
DeepL is a translator like google translate 
OCR app is Optical Character Recognition Application, it recognises any text from an image.
Hope it helps.

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

― Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
Vera Krista
Vera Krista

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.10.21 20:01

Thank you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top