The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 5 Mm11

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 5 Mm11

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 5 Regist10

Gonçalo Amaral New Book: General Discussion.

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Gonçalo Amaral New Book: General Discussion.

Post by Vera Krista 15.10.21 18:42

Verdi wrote:The subject of sedation and Calpol have been discussed extensively here on CMOMM over the years.

It would be appreciated if members restrict this thread to general commentary about Gonçalo Amaral's new book and, as requested by Paulo over on his new thread, not to enter into lengthy discussion about specific topics - like Calpol!

Give me a moment to find the best thread for the sedation debate for members to add their comments.

Meanwhile you might like to read this chapter from PeterMac's free e-book..

https://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.com/2016/08/chapter-5-sedation.html

Between this long awaited book and the fantasy novel published by the Olive Press, the forum has gone a bit haywire - not something I like to see.

I ask your cooperation by just giving a little more thought before posting, try to locate the appropriate thread without relying on key words like Amaral/Olive Press/Jon Clarke and just diving in.

Just a little of your time will make my life so much easier.

Cheers!

NB:  For information only..

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t16813-a-tale-of-sedation#416002

sorry I didn't mean to.   Sad
Vera Krista
Vera Krista

Activity : 578

Back to top Go down

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Gonçalo Amaral New Book: General Discussion.

Post by crusader 15.10.21 18:52

Not your fault @Vera Krista I think it was me who started it.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 5566

Vera Krista likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.10.21 0:13

It's nobody's fault, the discussion format is in it's infancy so no one can be blamed for general commentary.

Give me time - all will be resolved.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.10.21 0:29

xklamation wrote:That's a good idea Verdi, do you think you can .add the video translation that is ongoing to a new single thread? https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t17184p25-goncalo-amaral-new-book-general-discussion#443472  Otherwise it will get lost in the discussion. And it's tiresome to have to keep scrolling. Thank you.  Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 5 2764

And can you delete this post from the book analysis thread then please https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t17193-maddie-enough-of-the-lies-book-overview-and-discussion#443855 :)

I've been giving this some further thought.

Paulo Alexandre's thread should be exclusively for his translation of book excerpts and his observations, restricted to very little or no member contribution.

This thread should be exclusively for important side issues, like highlights and translations of press coverage, videos, interviews and constructive book reviews - that's where you come in xklamation whistling !  Not wishing to burden you but you have already extensively contributed in this respect so I'm confident the spirit is willing.  It could be your corner so to speak, again with restricted member participation.

This way your ongoing video translation can stay where it is.

I can't be sure at the moment how much attention the book is going to attract - fourteen+ years down the line interest in the case is dwindling somewhat but I think we can be sure forum members will look for a place where they can air their views on the book and specific subject matter, a free for all so say.  Trial and error might be the way forward.

Not decided yet how to approach the latter - I'll have a word with The Boss, she who must be obeyed  bow2 .

Do you mind taking control of this thread?  It would be very much appreciated singlerose

NB:  I will delete your post over yonder as requested, along with my own so as not to show favoritism big grin

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by xklamation 16.10.21 9:25

It's all good Verdi, whatever you decide, I'm happy to help either way :) I need however to be able to edit that Video transcript post. The edit button disappeared, I just get "multi quote" and the "quote" buttons above now.

No edit button to click
Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 5 Screen11

Edited to add: Yes, all good now, thank you Jill.
xklamation
xklamation
Filmmaker/Translator

Activity : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.10.21 13:31

The Boss has created a new sub-forum in honour of Gonçalo Amaral, he is after all the integral kingpin of the investigation, past and present!

So, as you've graciously agreed singlerose to give us more of your precious time, this particular thread will be yours to post-up translated Snr Amaral's interviews, book promotions, book commentary and reviews - and whatever else you think important and/or useful.

General member comments already posted here will be moved when I've decided how best to move forward with this exciting new development.  Hopefully over the weekend.

You can continue your work here at your convenience - thankee  salute !

Slowly slowly catchy monkey ....

NB: I'll change your thread title in due course, so as to avoid confusion.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.10.21 13:35

Strike all that, it would of course be simpler to move you xklamation!

All will be revealed - or not as the case may be ....

confused

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by xklamation 16.10.21 14:35

Verdi wrote:Strike all that, it would of course be simpler to move you xklamation!

All will be revealed - or not as the case may be ....

confused

ahahah what? It's fine as it is smilie I'm good with the current format xx
xklamation
xklamation
Filmmaker/Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.10.21 16:05

I have moved you here xklamation..

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t17198-goncalo-amaral-enough-of-the-lies-promotion-and-reviews

Members can continue to discuss topics taken from the book on this thread .... 'General Discussion'.

thumbup

ex moderator
ex moderator

Jill Havern and xklamation like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by xklamation 16.10.21 16:30

Awesome, don't have to scroll so much, thank you so much Verdi Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 5 1f618
xklamation
xklamation
Filmmaker/Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 16.10.21 16:50

I knew you'd fix it Verdi  high5

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41832

Back to top Go down

Post by xklamation 16.10.21 22:02

Media Coverage in Portugal

So Gonçalo Amaral was 2 days ago on a late afternoon talk show on TVI, titled Goucha, the name of the presenter, https://tvi.iol.pt/goucha/search?pagina=1&pesquisa=GON%C3%87ALO+AMARAL and here

Yesterday on CMTV morning talk show https://www.cmjornal.pt/multimedia/videos/detalhe/goncalo-amaral-arrasa-acao-das-autoridades-alemas-no-caso-maddie-esta-investigacao-e-arranjada-e-nao-tem-nada

A podcast was recorded for a political podcast on the 14th, soon to become available https://twitter.com/bfc1975/status/1448592702585679876

Tonight he was invited to "CM Jornal 20h" (News at 20h) on CMTV, in an exclusive interview (see screenshot)

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 5 Firefo53

And there were several Rua Segura TV programmes debating the book, the German investigation, some with interesting bits of info, which in time I'll translate.

Plus the expected media coverage on newspapers, TV, magazines.

Update: Right now, 3pm, 18 October 2021, Gonçalo Amaral is on Linha Aberta, presented by Hernâni Carvalho, on SIC TV channel.
Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 5 Firefo56

xklamation
xklamation
Filmmaker/Translator

sharonl and Cammerigal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 16.10.21 22:42

thumbsup Brilliant!! He seems to be doing really well.

Thanks for the update Xklamation.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

xklamation likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by xklamation 16.10.21 23:04

From the new interview on CMTV tonight comes this, quickly translated:

"The PJ denies any climate of tension with the German authorities, they do not believe the criticism that has been made by the German prosecutor and that has been quoted by British journalists.

As part of the joint investigation, CMTV understands that on the 18th and 19th of this month there will be a meeting between the Judiciary Police and the German authorities. Elements (information) that have been requested continue to be provided and just recently the Germans were in Portugal to search for more clues about Maddie's disappearance."
xklamation
xklamation
Filmmaker/Translator

Silverspeed likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverspeed 16.10.21 23:35

xklamation wrote:From the new interview on CMTV tonight comes this, quickly translated:

"The PJ denies any climate of tension with the German authorities, they do not believe the criticism that has been made by the German prosecutor and that has been quoted by British journalists.

As part of the joint investigation, CMTV understands that on the 18th and 19th of this month there will be a meeting between the Judiciary Police and the German authorities. Elements (information) that have been requested continue to be provided and just recently the Germans were in Portugal to search for more clues about Maddie's disappearance."
Thanks xklamation. So a meeting between the two police forces this Monday and Tuesday it seems. Should be interesting. 
Goncalo seems to be getting about a bit aswell which is good.
Silverspeed
Silverspeed

Activity : 443

xklamation and weejoshy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.10.21 14:23

xklamation wrote:Media Coverage in Portugal

Update: Right now, 3pm, 18 October 2021, Gonçalo Amaral is on Linha Aberta, presented by Hernâni Carvalho, on SIC TV channel.
Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 5 Firefo56

There is an interesting part where Mr. Amaral and Hernâni Carvalho talk about MMRG's research, in particular the "Last Photo".

https://amp.sic.pt/Programas/linha-aberta-com-hernani-carvalho/videos/2021-10-19-Linha-Aberta-com-Hernani-Carvalho---18-de-outubro---Parte-2-c2c2102d

It starts at 24:12

Are you going to translate this part, Joana?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xklamation 20.10.21 15:39

Hi Paulo, I was going to do the whole interview with Hernâni Carvalho  - Linha Aberta, I told Jill that it was far more interesting, with bits of information than the one I'm currently translating with GA on CMTV Jornal, but I'm so delayed, if you have time and want to do that segment I'd be very thankful. Video transcriptions are hell compared to written texts. :) Obrigada, Paulo.
xklamation
xklamation
Filmmaker/Translator

Jill Havern, Mainline and Vera Krista like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.10.21 17:04

xklamation wrote:Hi Paulo, I was going to do the whole interview with Hernâni Carvalho  - Linha Aberta, I told Jill that it was far more interesting, with bits of information than the one I'm currently translating with GA on CMTV Jornal, but I'm so delayed, if you have time and want to do that segment I'd be very thankful. Video transcriptions are hell compared to written texts. :) Obrigada, Paulo.
No problem  thumbsup
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 20.10.21 18:17

You guys    airkiss

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41832

xklamation likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.10.21 19:14

Yes, thank you for what you do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xklamation 20.10.21 23:45

xklamation
xklamation
Filmmaker/Translator

Jill Havern, Doug D, Cammerigal and crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.10.21 14:41

https://amp.sic.pt/Programas/linha-aberta-com-hernani-carvalho/videos/2021-10-19-Linha-Aberta-com-Hernani-Carvalho---18-de-outubro---Parte-2-c2c2102d

At 24:12, Hernâni asks Gonçalo Amaral the following:

Hernâni Carvalho: Mas eu tinha outra questão para lhe pôr, que era esta - um polícia bastante conhecido, reformado, inglês, que se chama Peter, defende que a Madeleine McCann terá desaparecido a 29 de abril, ou seja, uma semana antes da data oficial do seu desaparecimento. Quer comentar?

Gonçalo Amaral: É possível, é possível. Eu neste meu novo livro falo nessa hipótese. Aborda essa hipótese. Não é só ele, ele era superintendente da polícia britânica. São outras pessoas - advogados e outras pessoas. Não é um bando de lunáticos. Eles pegaram, em termos do estado do tempo daquela altura, com análises de satélite do estado do tempo, e dizem que aquela fotografia que os pais dizem, ou a família ou o staff lá do... dos pais desta criança, que foi efetuada no domingo na piscina onde está o pai ao lado, que não é possível porque naquele dia o tempo não estava daquela forma e portanto que, para eles, aquilo só aparece para provar ou tentar induzir em erro e dizer que a criança estava viva naquela altura. Esta teoria tem algumas dificuldades de se comprovar, nomeadamente por causa do registo do infantário, nomeadamente naquele dia 3 de [maio], mas depois já se veio a saber mais tarde que há uma funcionária do infantário que será familiar...amiga de um padrinho ou da criança desaparecida...

Hernâni Carvalho: Mas eu lembro-me da folha de registo do infantário estar rasurada.

Gonçalo Amaral: Sim, sim, aquelas assinaturas são meras rubricas e que facilmente são falsificadas.

TRANSLATION:

Hernâni Carvalho: But I had another question that I wanted to ask you - a very well-know and retired British policeman, named Peter, posits that Madeleine McCann disappeared on 29 April, that is, a week before the official date of the disappearance. Do you want to comment?

Gonçalo Amaral: It's possible, it's possible. I speak about that scenario in my new book. The book touches on that scenario. It's not just him, he was superintendent of the British police. There are other people - lawyers and others. They are not a bunch of lunatics. They analysed weather records for that week, using satellite images, and they say that the photograph, of [Gerry McCann] sitting by the pool, was taken on Sunday, which is not possible [that the photo was taken on Thursday] because, on that day, the weather wasn't like that. So, according to them, [the photograph] exists to mislead or prove that the missing child was alive at that time. It's very difficult to prove this theory, namely because of the creche records, including those dated 3rd of May. However, it later turned out that there was an employee of the creche who was a relative... or a friend of someone's godfather.

Hernâni Carvalho: But I remember that the creche sheet had parts that were crossed out.

Gonçalo Amaral: Yes, yes, there are signatures and they can easily be falsified.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.10.21 14:47

Goncalo wrote:and they say that the photograph, of [Gerry McCann] sitting by the pool, was taken on Sunday, which is not possible because, on that day, the weather wasn't like that.
Is this translated correctly?

The weather wasn't like that on Thursday but it WAS like that on Sunday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 21.10.21 16:19

BlueBag wrote:
Goncalo wrote:and they say that the photograph, of [Gerry McCann] sitting by the pool, was taken on Sunday, which is not possible because, on that day, the weather wasn't like that.

You've taken one sentence and read out of context BlueBag.

Read again..

They analysed weather records for that week, using satellite images, and they say that the photograph, of [Gerry McCann] sitting by the pool, was taken on Sunday, which is not possible [that the photo was taken on Thursday] because, on that day, the weather wasn't like that.

ex moderator
ex moderator

xklamation, crusader and Shellsbells like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.10.21 7:51

Verdi wrote:
BlueBag wrote:

You've taken one sentence and read out of context BlueBag.

Read again..

They analysed weather records for that week, using satellite images, and they say that the photograph, of [Gerry McCann] sitting by the pool, was taken on Sunday, which is not possible [that the photo was taken on Thursday] because, on that day, the weather wasn't like that.

Actually I didn't.

You added the part in brackets... so "read again" isn't reading again.

I also translated the paragraph in Google and got a different outcome as well with something about a door.

Is there anyone else on this forum who can translate the paragraph properly?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top