The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 Mm11

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 Mm11

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 Regist10

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case

Post by YNG 02.11.10 20:42

I thought the case had been reviewed , and the recommendation was a thorough re investigation ? .... Anyway the British Police should review all cases on missing persons and there is a proceedural set time frame in which this should have been done Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 160807
YNG

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case

Post by Jill Havern 02.11.10 20:43

1. Name: Harold Shipman on Nov 2, 2010
  2. Comments: As a fellow doctor I support you both 100%.
  3. 41 Name: Susan on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: so this is just a fake petition then? Otherwise why delete any negative comments Load of BS just like the words coming from the parents and the spokespoodle
  4. Name: Amparo Elorrieta on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: Madeleine McCann MUST be found!
    Name: Anonymous on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: Are the Fund paying somebody to delete all the negative comments?
  5. 43 Name: Chris on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: would,nt a re-opening of the case make more sense,i will email my M.P.and Teresa May and give them the link to this petition ,what about the leicestershire police force surley they are helping you
    Name: Pedro Silva on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: To UK and Portuguese authorities, I beg you, please condict a very thorough independent and transparent review of all information in relation to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann . I urge to everyone to please sign / spread to everyone you know: friends, relatives, work companions, teachers, everyone you know. The more signatures the better. Thank you all for all your support / assistance about sweet Madeleine McCann, about her sweet family, which is really appreciated.
  6. 45 Name: Grartin Mime on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: I think what we should investigate is why a springer spaniel trained to detect places where human corpses have lain found the scent of a corpse in the McCanns' apartment living room, main bedroom, veranda and garden, in two places in the McCanns' hired car, on two of Dr Kate McCann's clothes, on one of the children's T-shirts, and on Cuddle Cat. Was it the corpse of Madeleine McCann I wonder?
  7. 46 Name: Bazzabaz on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: All those who want justice for Madeleine must remain firm in our conviction that those responsible for her disappearance will one day be brought to justice.
  8. 47 Name: Anonymous on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: I hope that this case will be reviewed so that McCann family know both vindication and peace.
  9. 48 Name: Anonymous on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: I hope that this case will be reviewed so that McCann family know both vindication and peace.
  10. 49 Name: Rosiepops on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: I have supported you through thick and thin Kate and Gerry but even I am beginning to have my doubts. Please do what is best for Madeleine and ask for a reopening of the case. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.
    Name: Bazzabaz on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: All those who want justice for Madeleine must remain firm in our conviction that those responsible for her disappearance will one day be brought to justice.
  11. 45 Name: Anonymous on Nov 2, 2010
  12. 46 Name: Gary Edgar on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: Somewhere, someone knows and the more this is discussed as Madeleine grows older, the more it is likely that she will be given back or found.
  13. 47 Name: Sadie on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: With the scandal that is/was Portimao PJ and apparently also Faro PJ at senior level http://www.pfa2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6899, Also: http://justathoughtyouknow.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=guests&action=display&thread=684&page=15 (post 215 onwards especially) .. the only safe way forward is an Independant Review. In different circumstances the re-opening of the case would have been preferable. Hopefully after the Independant Review?
  14. 48 Name: Nathalie Cabana on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: I think the investigation should be reopenned a.s.a.p. The fact that the portuguese police has ignore most of the leads maybe leading to Madeleine is an outrage. It is well known that portuguese police is corrupted and I believe that the portuguese authorities don,t want Madeleine to be found for the simple reason that her abductors are high rank personalities in Portugual and probably linked to the Casa Pia case. The investigation of Madeleine's abduction should be reopened because an innocent child has paid the price of incompetence and also because her parents have been vivified for nothing. Yes, they made a huge mistake by letting the kids all also while they were sleeping but they have paid the biggest price of all. They've lost a precious child they longed to have for 5 years and who they loved so dealy. Please accept a new review to the case. Madeleine deserves it and her parents deserve it too, Shawn and Amelie deserve to know what happened to their big sister too.
  15. 49 Name: JILL on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: SUPPORTING KATE & GERRY 1000%
  16. 50 Name: Yvonne Martin on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: Madeleine has my full support.
  17. Name: Kevin J Turner FRICS on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: It really is a disgrace that the Authorities in Portugal do not seem to be interested, it is even more shameful that the British Government knowing this feel that it is not within their remit to either look into the matter themselves or to persuade the Portugese Government to do so. Best of luck with your campaign
  18. 52 Name: Julie Gardiner on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments:
  19. 53 Name: Stacy Pearson on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments:
  20. 54 Name: Jane Bland on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments:
  21. 55 Name: Richard Branson on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: I'm not paying anymore for this charade. Time for you guys come clean.
  22. 56 Name: Wayne Kerr on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: REOPEN the case!!!
  23. Name: Mike London on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: Petiton re-open Madeleine McCann Case (not just review) 1,595 signatures and counting . . . . . http://tinyurl.com/re-open-case
  24. 57 Name: Samantha Wool on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments:
  25. 58 Name: Sir Alan Sugar on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: Isabel Duarte - YOU'RE FIRED!
  26. 59 Name: FAKE on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: COMMENT #40 is fake. Harold Shipman. IS DEAD so I doubt he would be signing
  27. 60 Name: Samantha Wool on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments:
  28. Name: Amanda on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: this family deserve a better chance,a fare chance.
  29. 58 Name: Jane Tanner on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments:
  30. 59 Name: June on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: THE SUPPORT OF FAKE NAMES AND MULTIPLE ANONYMOUS SIGNATORIES STILL WON'T GET YOU A REVIEW... Go back to Portugal, answer those questions and do a reconstruction. This will REOPEN the case. A review will not help Maddie. It's in your hands Kate and Gerry to have the case REOPENED and perhaps will stop you whining about no law agency actively searching. Who's fault is that then?? It's your own fault and you know it. DO THE RIGHT THING.
  31. Name: Tracy Moran on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: I support this campaign 100%, Madeleine is a British Citizen and she deserves more from our Government.
  32. 61 Name: Anonymous on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: COMMENT # 40 is a dead person

33. Name: Hugh Jass on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: I love Kate and Jerry so much, Kate is so beautiful and Jerry is such a heart throb, I am going to sell my house and all my possessions to help the Mccanns
  34. 63 Name: Ronnie on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: I would like to see the case reopened and all involved co-operate fully.
  35. Name: Jane Tanner's Flip Flops on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: No comment! I had foam on the bottom of my soles.
    Name: Pastiche on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments:
  36. 62 Name: Gordon Brown on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: You're on your own now guys!
  37. Name: Anonymous on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: I beg to the UK / Portuguese authorities: PLEASE, CONDUCT A VERY THOROUGH, INDEPENDENT, TRANSPARENT, RELIABLE INVESTIGATION WITH THE UTMOST PURPOSE OF FINDING THIS SWEET CHILD, WHO IS SOMEWHERE OUT THERE, WAITING TO BE FOUND, SAFELY RETURNED TO HER LOVING PARENTS / FAMILY. 100 % WITH THE SWEET McCANN FAMILY, WITH SWEET MADELEINE McCANN.
    Name: Susan Healy on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: It is the right thing. Madeleine deserves this action
  38. Name: Deirdre Doherty on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments:
  39. 65 Name: David Payne on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: 100% support,..please investigate the Gaspers

40. 66 Name: Anonymous on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: Mr and Mrs McCann you must ask for a RE-OPENING of this case....anything else is just cosmetic and will not answer the 48 questions you didn't answer. God bless Madeleine.
  41. Name: Benedict XVI on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: My boss knows.
  42. 67 Name: Stuart Prior on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: just call me Kate & Gerry - you know I'll do anything to help make those nasty dagos shut up
  43. 68 Name: Teri Fitzgerald on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments:
  44. 69 Name: Antonella Lazerelli on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: these corrupt sardine munching dagos should be thoroughly investigated, they spend all their time on boozy lunches, portugal should be kicked out of the EU for being so unhelpful and hurtful

45. Name: Trevor Scott on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: Kate and Jerry and Madeleine deserve to have the case re-opened, not just a simple review. The Pro Madeleine Group support re-opening.
  46. Name: Carter Ruck on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: You haven't paid your bill, Gerry
  47. Name: Therese Rangbru on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: Madeleine deserves it!

Name: Cuddlecat on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: I have been shoved in the airing Cupboard......HELP. Re open the Case and free me.
  48. Name: Sylvia Mundy on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: It is vital that Madeleine and her family receive the support that they should have received almost four years ago. The way in which they have been treated is dreadful. Madeleine is a British citizen. She has been failed by the Portuguese authorities and by our own Government. Her family should be receiving the support they need to enable a proper search to take place. Madeleine needs to be found, and to be found soon.
  49. 72 Name: Maureen Woods on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: Our children are our future and are therefor precious, every one of them.

50. 73 Name: Columbo on Nov 2, 2010
    Comments: There's just one thing that still puzzles me. Tell me about this abduction. Then we can go through the 48 questions again.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41864

Back to top Go down

Post by macy 02.11.10 20:46

Tony Bennett wrote:I assume this is a genuine pro-McCann petition.

I have signed it a few minutes ago and confirm for the record that this is my entry and no other post in my name is from me:

Comments: It would be jolly helpful if you could tell us which of the 16 artists' sketches so far, 14 men and 2 women, whether 'suspects', 'persons of interest' or 'persons we wish to eliminate from our enquiries', we are really supposed to be looking for. Personally, I think 'pock-marked face' man looks highly suspicious, have you traced him yet? In the meantime, sign the REAL Madeleine McCann petition, the one on The Madeleine Foundation website calling for a FULL PUBLIC ENQUIRY into the whole affair: www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk

If this is a genuine Team McCann petition, is the Fund paying for all the time taken to delete all the comments?

You`ve been whooshed clunked as well Tony !
macy
macy

Activity : 30

Back to top Go down

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 Empty A full public enquiry ASAP with witnesses summoned under Witness Orders to give evidence is the only way forward for justice for Madeleine

Post by Tony Bennett 02.11.10 21:00

YNG wrote:I thought the case had been reviewed, and the recommendation was a thorough re-investigation?...Anyway the British Police should review all cases on missing persons and there is a procedural set time frame in which this should have been done
No, the McCanns ASKED for a review, and there were some claims by Clarence Mitchell earlier in the year that a review or re-investiagtion was under way.

BUT, they asked Home Secretary Alan Johnson for a review and re-investigation, and he obviously said 'NO'.

That's why the McCanns had to go and ask the new Coalition Home Secretary, Theresa May, for the same thing.

Now it looks like that also got nowhere, so the McCanns have had to go to the ipetitions site to try and go over the heads of two Home Secretaries, and, guess what. IT WON'T WORK.

A full public enquiry ASAP with witnesses summoned under Witness Orders to give evidence is the only way forward for justice for Madeleine.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by YNG 02.11.10 21:11

Tony Bennett wrote:
YNG wrote:I thought the case had been reviewed, and the recommendation was a thorough re-investigation?...Anyway the British Police should review all cases on missing persons and there is a procedural set time frame in which this should have been done
No, the McCanns ASKED for a review, and there were some claims by Clarence Mitchell earlier in the year that a review or re-investiagtion was under way.

BUT, they asked Home Secretary Alan Johnson for a review and re-investigation, and he obviously said 'NO'.

That's why the McCanns had to go and ask the new Coalition Home Secretary, Theresa May, for the same thing.

Now it looks like that also got nowhere, so the McCanns have had to go to the ipetitions site to try and go over the heads of two Home Secretaries, and, guess what. IT WON'T WORK.

A full public enquiry ASAP with witnesses summoned under Witness Orders to give evidence is the only way forward for justice for Madeleine.

Thx Tony for clarifying this .... are you aware that it should be standard proceedure for a Review of a missing peron to take place ?

Long-term cases should be reviewed by a senior detective of at least the rank of chief inspector, who has been trained as an SIO. Reviews should take place every 28 days for the first 3 months, then at 6 months and 12 months intervals, then annually thereafter:

* Review the level of risk;

* Check for any outstanding and incomplete actions;

* Quality assure actions already taken;

* Set new actions and enquiries in order to bring the investigation to a successful conclusion;

* Make recommendations about the management and ownership of the investigation;

* Set future review date(s) as appropriate.

All the above should be recorded as policy decisions within the report.
YNG

Back to top Go down

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 Empty Sir Alan Sugar speaks!

Post by Tony Bennett 02.11.10 21:14

My vote for the 'top' comment to date!

58 Name: Sir Alan Sugar on Nov 2, 2010
Comments: Isabel Duarte - YOU'RE FIRED!
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 02.11.10 21:24

YNG wrote:Thx Tony for clarifying this...are you aware that it should be standard proceedure for a Review of a missing peron to take place ?

Long-term cases should be reviewed by a senior detective of at least the rank of chief inspector, who has been trained as an SIO. Reviews should take place every 28 days for the first 3 months, then at 6 months and 12 months intervals, then annually thereafter.

* Set new actions and enquiries in order to bring the investigation to a successful conclusion;

No I didn't know that, and that's very interesting.

HOWEVER, does this apply if a foreign police force are the 'lead' investigators?
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by YNG 02.11.10 21:26

Tony Bennett wrote:
YNG wrote:Thx Tony for clarifying this...are you aware that it should be standard proceedure for a Review of a missing peron to take place ?

Long-term cases should be reviewed by a senior detective of at least the rank of chief inspector, who has been trained as an SIO. Reviews should take place every 28 days for the first 3 months, then at 6 months and 12 months intervals, then annually thereafter.

No I didn't know that, and that's very interesting.

HOWEVER, does this apply if a foreign police force are the 'lead' investigators?

I would think so as she is classed in the UK as a missing person ?
YNG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.11.10 22:06

This is better

http://www.duartelevy.eu/?p=3130

Goggle translation

After the recent cancellation of an injunction banning the book "Maddie, the survey prohibited"Kate and Gerry McCann are launching tonight, 0h in London, a new media campaign around the case of the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine.Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 610x-300x211

Gerry and Kate leaving the Court of Lisbon in 2009

In an open letter, the parents of Maddie require more support for the Portuguese and British governments could "do more" to find their daughter, who disappeared May 3, 2007 in Praia da Luz in the Algarve region, at southern Portugal.
Kate and Gerry McCann, who never sought the reopening of the official investigation from the Portuguese authoritiesnow want the public to sign a petition to put pressure on British authorities and Portuguese to conduct a "review transparent and independent of all information related to the disappearance of Madeleine. "
The announcement of the initiative of the couple was greeted with skepticism by investigators of the Portuguese police who participated in the survey: "it is they themselves who have condemned the investigation by refusing to answer a large number of questions, refusing to clarify details and blocking, with their seven friends, holding a reconstruction of events the night of the disappearance, "said an inspector from the PJ in Portugal.
"They have the opportunity to request the reopening of the investigation at any time, and they know it", added the inspector.
Maddie's parents, who had access to records of the investigation through their lawyers, are now providing their "little team" is continuing its review of available data "despite the fact that we do not have access to all information authorities of the United Kingdom and Portugal.
Kate and Gerry McCann, who have remained in almost complete silence until the announcement of the cancellation of the injunction which prohibited Gonçalo Amaral talk about the investigation, lamented today that throughout the last two years, "no police force has actively done something to help find Madeleine."

Silence for some, not others

This new "campaign" is to dismiss that night in the world, several news agencies and newspapers have been instructed to embargoed until tonight.
[color:a88b=#000]In the United Kingdom, where the couple and their close associates continue to have "influence" on most media, recent statements by the former coordinator of the investigation to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, Goncalo Amaral, n have been no great echo
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by poppydog 02.11.10 22:16

My husband signed this about two hours ago, post no 25 or something and used his full name, asking for the case to be reopened and for kate to answer the questions. All gone now, name and comment. Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 847771
poppydog
poppydog

Activity : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth 02.11.10 22:21

That is because the whole thing is fake. Just like everything else about the McCanns.
Shibboleth
Shibboleth

Activity : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang 02.11.10 22:35

ufercoffy wrote:I think it's a shame that some people are trashing the petition with stupid comments as it'll just give the McCanns and their supporters more ammunition to call us all nutters.

AnnaEsse, the MM moderator, said she just posted this roll

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 Empty AnnaEsse Today at 7:54 pm

I signed it!

Name: Swarthy Pimply Eggman on Nov 2, 2010
Comments: I was framed! Free the Eggman!

I quite agree Ufercoffy, a number of posters from both sides of the fence are showing their true colours - absolute disgrace. They have no interest in the case anymore, Madeleine is nothing more than a morbid past time for them.

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.
kangdang
kangdang

Activity : 1845

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 02.11.10 22:43

Shibboleth wrote:That is because the whole thing is fake. Just like everything else about the McCanns.

I agree Shibb. It has to be a fake petition. There's abbbsoooluuutely no way the Mcs would deliberately set themselves up for
"unhelpful & hurtful" comments. Oh wait, maybe I'll re-think that, almost four years and they still don't get it. They keep digging.
They don't know when to stop. Maybe now is the time when someone else will put a stop to them.

Oh and Halligen in court tomorrow . Coincidence?
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.11.10 22:45

Here is the first story to appear in our papers

Madeleine’s mother hits out at ‘fluffy worthless promises’ as appeal fund is set to run dry

By Vanessa Allen
Last updated at 10:24 PM on 2nd November 2010

• Comments (0)
  • Add to My Stories

Madeleine McCann’s mother yesterday condemned politicians for their ‘fluffy, worthless’ promises to help find her missing daughter.

The 42-year-old spoke out as she and husband revealed that their multi-million pound appeal fund will run dry within months.

Kate McCann accused the Government of giving up the hunt for the child who went missing shortly before her fourth birthday. She said a series of ministers had shrugged off her pleas for help.
Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 Article-1326012-0BE21732000005DC-893_468x490

Tireless: Kate and Gerry McCann have warned the fund to find their missing daughter will run out of money

‘I don’t want to be appeased, and that’s what I feel we’re getting. We need action, I don’t need fluffy worthless words,’ she said.

The couple have written an open letter, begging for political and financial help and launched an online petition to lobby the British and Portuguese governments for a formal review of the case.
Mr McCann said: ‘We have tried in vain to get the authorities to play their part but our requests have seemingly fallen on deaf ears.’

Madeleine vanished in 2007 during a family holiday in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz.
Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 Article-0-00B4454B000004B0-42_233x423

Huge effort: Madeleine McCann went missing in May 2007

Portuguese police shelved an 18-month investigation into the disappearance after clearing her parents as formal suspects, and the case has remained closed.

Mr and Mrs McCann, of Rothley, Leicestershire, have met a series of ministers in the hope that the case will be re-opened or a cold-case review of the investigation launched.

Their hopes were raised when the Labour government looked at the feasibility of an Interpol review of the disappearance.

But when they met Home Secretary Theresa May in August, they learned the new Home Secretary had not read the report.

The McCanns have used £2million in public donations to pay for private detectives.
But heart consultant Mr McCann, also 42, said the fund would run dry early next year, and begged for donations.

Mrs McCann said: ‘We can’t stop trying to find Madeleine – or at the very least find out what’s happened.’

The Home Office said: ‘The Government wants to ensure that everything feasible is being done to progress the search.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1326012/Madeleine-McCann-s-mother-Kate-hits-fluffy-worthless-promises-appeal-fund-runs-dry.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz14AT6jewJ
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 Empty Madeleine’s mother hits out at ‘fluffy worthless promises’ as appeal fund is set to run dry

Post by sharonl 02.11.10 22:56

By Vanessa Allen
Last updated at 10:24 PM on 2nd November 2010

• Comments (0)
  • Add to My Stories

Madeleine McCann’s mother yesterday condemned politicians for their ‘fluffy, worthless’ promises to help find her missing daughter.

The 42-year-old spoke out as she and husband revealed that their multi-million pound appeal fund will run dry within months.

Kate McCann accused the Government of giving up the hunt for the child who went missing shortly before her fourth birthday. She said a series of ministers had shrugged off her pleas for help.

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 Article-1326012-0BE21732000005DC-893_468x490

Tireless: Kate and Gerry McCann have warned the fund to find their missing daughter will run out of money

‘I don’t want to be appeased, and that’s what I feel we’re getting. We need action, I don’t need fluffy worthless words,’ she said.

The couple have written an open letter, begging for political and financial help and launched an online petition to lobby the British and Portuguese governments for a formal review of the case.
Mr McCann said: ‘We have tried in vain to get the authorities to play their part but our requests have seemingly fallen on deaf ears.’

Madeleine vanished in 2007 during a family holiday in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz.
Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 Article-0-00B4454B000004B0-42_233x423

Huge effort: Madeleine McCann went missing in May 2007

Portuguese police shelved an 18-month investigation into the disappearance after clearing her parents as formal suspects, and the case has remained closed.

Mr and Mrs McCann, of Rothley, Leicestershire, have met a series of ministers in the hope that the case will be re-opened or a cold-case review of the investigation launched.

Their hopes were raised when the Labour government looked at the feasibility of an Interpol review of the disappearance.

But when they met Home Secretary Theresa May in August, they learned the new Home Secretary had not read the report.

The McCanns have used £2million in public donations to pay for private detectives.
But heart consultant Mr McCann, also 42, said the fund would run dry early next year, and begged for donations.

Mrs McCann said: ‘We can’t stop trying to find Madeleine – or at the very least find out what’s happened.’

The Home Office said: ‘The Government wants to ensure that everything feasible is being done to progress the search

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1326012/Madeleine-McCann-s-mother-Kate-hits-fluffy-worthless-promises-appeal-fund-runs-dry.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz14AVqdvKP
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by macy 02.11.10 22:59

There we go, BEGGING for more money. They need it for the libel case as surely it can`t now be covered on a no win no fee basis, given the unbanning of GAs book.
macy
macy

Activity : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 02.11.10 23:03

"
The Home Office said: ‘The Government wants to ensure that everything feasible is being done to progress THE SEARCH

Did the Home Office really say this? How can we find out?
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 02.11.10 23:08

Now you see it, now you don't Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 110921
littlepixie
littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 02.11.10 23:10

But heart consultant Mr McCann, also 42, said the fund would run dry early next year, and begged for donations

Move along. Nothing new to see here.

maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.11.10 23:11

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 655851 It's been whoooshed clunked. Probably released one and a half hours too early. Wasn't supposed to be released to 00.01 Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 592854
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 02.11.10 23:12

Yes Littlepixie

This came in as a google alert just minutes ago I uploaded it here and then tried to twitter it, unsuccessfully. It seems that it was whoosh-cluncked within minutes, is this why?

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 619981 we have our copy Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 110921
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.11.10 23:18

Have merged your topic here sharon as already being discussed here Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 759815
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 02.11.10 23:26

candyfloss wrote:Have merged your topic here sharon as already being discussed here Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 759815

Thanks Candyfloss, it seems that it`s the only place that it will be discussed. Why on earth was that Mail article removed? There`s something in the wind.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.11.10 23:29

sharonl wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Have merged your topic here sharon as already being discussed here Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 759815

Thanks Candyfloss, it seems that it`s the only place that it will be discussed. Why on earth was that Mail article removed? There`s something in the wind.

It seems there is an embargo for the pictures and news story not to be released before midnight tonight. We will wait and see what time it re-appears
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 02.11.10 23:35

25 and counting Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 2 110921
littlepixie
littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top