The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Breaking News on Sky  Mm11

Breaking News on Sky  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Breaking News on Sky  Mm11

Breaking News on Sky  Regist10

Breaking News on Sky

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breaking News on Sky  Empty Madeleine Parents Urge PM To Review Case

Post by ROSA 11.05.11 23:49

Madeleine Parents Urge PM To Review Case
The parents of missing Madeleine McCann have asked David Cameron for an "independent, transparent and comprehensive review" of their daughter's case.

Madeleine McCann went missing in 2007

Kate and Gerry McCann wrote to the Prime Minister on the eve of Madeleine's eighth birthday in a bid to have all the information held by British and Portuguese authorities looked at again.
Madeleine McCann was just three when she disappeared on holiday in Portugal in 2007.
Their letter, published in The Sun, reads: "Dear Prime Minister, as a devoted father and family man you know the importance of children.
"We are asking you to help find Madeleine and bring her back to her loving family.
"We live in hope that Madeleine will be found alive and returned to us.
"To this end, we are seeking a joint independent, transparent and comprehensive review of all information held in relation to Madeleine's disappearance.
"Thus far, there has been no formal review of the material held by the police authorities - which is routine practrice in most major unsolved crimes.
"It is not right that a young, vulnerable British citizen has essentially been given up on. This remains an unsolved case of a missing child."
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

Breaking News on Sky  Empty Breaking News on Sky/Madeleine Parents Urge PM To Review Case

Post by Guest 11.05.11 23:53

So important, they have it as a Breaking news item. Kate and Gerry want full and transparent independant review!!!! Not a private letter to the pm, it has to be splashed all over the papers.

Breaking News on Sky  15990200

Breaking News11:53pm UK, Wednesday May 11, 2011

CommentsThe parents of missing Madeleine McCann have asked David Cameron for an "independent, transparent and comprehensive review" of their daughter's case.

Madeleine McCann went missing in 2007

Kate and Gerry McCann wrote to the Prime Minister on the eve of Madeleine's eighth birthday in a bid to have all the information held by British and Portuguese authorities looked at again.

Madeleine McCann was just three when she disappeared on holiday in Portugal in 2007.

Their letter, published in The Sun, reads: "Dear Prime Minister, as a devoted father and family man you know the importance of children.

"We are asking you to help find Madeleine and bring her back to her loving family.

"We live in hope that Madeleine will be found alive and returned to us.

"To this end, we are seeking a joint independent, transparent and comprehensive review of all information held in relation to Madeleine's disappearance.

"Thus far, there has been no formal review of the material held by the police authorities - which is routine practrice in most major unsolved crimes.

"It is not right that a young, vulnerable British citizen has essentially been given up on. This remains an unsolved case of a missing child."

More to follow...

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Breaking News on Sky  Empty Re: Breaking News on Sky

Post by Guest 12.05.11 0:10

I have merged the two threads.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.05.11 1:29

On Now Talksport Mike Graham who is on till six in the morning discussing a number of issues of which the Mccann case is one, he started by saying they are asking for a review and basically want to use taxpayers money on this review and is that right.
he allowed first caller to say what he wanted, the first caller said that the PJ thought Madeleine was dead and had never been abducted, Mike didnt cut him off which normally happens on Talksport, he is asking people to ring in to say what they think about the review. Very refreshing to see a presenter not cutting someone off when they say something against the Mccanns he also read out an email which said they are more interested in their fifteen minute of fame.

Mike just said he thinks it is a waste of taxpayers money.

When the guy said about the PJ thinking she was dead etc., Mike said he thinks the Mccanns have denied a lot of the rumours - perhaps Tony can send Mike Graham some leaflets about the case and maybe try and get an interview with him if he does another programme about the case.

Read out a comment saying are there no depths these people will stoop to to make money out of their missing daughter, these people should be in jail.

Mike saying that he would imagine any money they make would go to investigators to look for their daughter. (he needs to be sent info about the fund and how little has allegedly been spent on searching)

next caller expressing sympathy for the Mccanns.
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-live

Read out two more emails =
amazed at some of the public supporting the Mccanns, was amazed to hear a few years ago that some of the money the public donated had been spent on a widescreen tv and mortgage payments, the more these people pop up the more the public dislike them.

horrendous to lose a daughter but it would never have happened if they hadnt left her alone inthe first place.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 12.05.11 3:48

Madeleine McCann parents demand 'comprehensive review'

Theres a big difference between the word urge and the word demand ! same old boring mccann ring tone
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 12.05.11 6:20

According to Dr Amaral the McCann's don't need to 'DEMAND' that our government do anything - all they have to do is write to the Portuguese Prosecutor and request the investigation (that they could have asked to remain open) is reopened, and all it will cost them is the STAMP ON THE LETTER.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR MCCANN'S?????????

Just do it FFS and then STFU you whining, whingeing no-good scamsters Hissyfit Hissyfit Hissyfit Hissyfit

angry2

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by RBxHN 12.05.11 6:59

ufercoffy wrote:According to Dr Amaral the McCann's don't need to 'DEMAND' that our government do anything - all they have to do is write to the Portuguese Prosecutor and request the investigation (that they could have asked to remain open) is reopened, and all it will cost them is the STAMP ON THE LETTER.

Just do it FFS and then STFU you whining, whingeing no-good scamsters Breaking News on Sky  362910 Breaking News on Sky  362910 Breaking News on Sky  362910 Breaking News on Sky  362910

Breaking News on Sky  181747

Unfortunately its comments like the above that let this forum down.

Any normal, rational thinking person understands that the case will not be reopened by the Portuguse authorties unless there is sufficient evidence to warrant it.

Personally I would rather see tax payers money used to search for a missing British subject such as Madeleine McCann rather than pay posters sat on their backsides day in day out and whineging about other people.

Fresh air and a reality check might pay dividends.
RBxHN

Activity : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 12.05.11 7:04

RBxHN wrote:
ufercoffy wrote:According to Dr Amaral the McCann's don't need to 'DEMAND' that our government do anything - all they have to do is write to the Portuguese Prosecutor and request the investigation (that they could have asked to remain open) is reopened, and all it will cost them is the STAMP ON THE LETTER.

Just do it FFS and then STFU you whining, whingeing no-good scamsters Breaking News on Sky  362910 Breaking News on Sky  362910 Breaking News on Sky  362910 Breaking News on Sky  362910

Any normal, rational thinking person understands that the case will not be reopened by the Portuguse authorties unless there is sufficient evidence to warrant it.

Personally I would rather see tax payers money used to search for a missing British subject such as Madeleine McCann rather than pay posters sat on their backsides day in day out and whineging about other people.

Breaking News on Sky  Muratf11

And I think it's stuff like this posted by McCann supporters that lets down the McCann's, but do they ever do anything about their friends?

The McCanns continually beg for money yet all they need to do is buy a STAMP. Dr Amaral said all they need to do is write to the Prosecutor, he never said anything about new evidence. He should know, not you.

Back to top Go down

Post by RBxHN 12.05.11 7:10

ufercoffy wrote:
RBxHN wrote:

And I think it's stuff like this posted by McCann supporters that lets down the McCann's, but do they ever do anything about their friends?

The McCanns continually beg for money yet all they need to do is buy a STAMP. Dr Amaral said all they need to do is write to the Prosecutor, he never said anything about new evidence. He should know, not you.

If Mr Amaral was so clever he wouldn't have been removed ceremoniously from the case.

I think you'd do well to have a rethink and perhaps take a good look at yourself.
RBxHN

Activity : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 12.05.11 7:24

i too will be writing to david cameron,to tell him to tell them to go do the p.j reconstruction and answer the 48+ question,i think you will find that if the mccanns did these 2 things the case would be solved.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 12.05.11 7:38

RBxHN wrote:If Mr Amaral was so clever he wouldn't have been removed ceremoniously from the case.

I think you'd do well to have a rethink and perhaps take a good look at yourself.

Don't get me started. You know damn well why he was removed from the case.

I am feeling full of rage and fury this morning about the McCann's long-winded way of getting the investigation re-opened that I might go and break a divan or a church pew.

Why don't you put a stamp in an envelope addressed to Kate McCann, Rothley, so she can write to the Prosecutor...because it will get there. Clarence said so.

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 12.05.11 7:56

ufercoffy, well said Breaking News on Sky  259100
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 12.05.11 8:19

tiny wrote:ufercoffy, well said Breaking News on Sky  259100

New evidence? Interview members of the Tapas crew as suspects rather than witnesses.

Interview Robert Murat in the context of his role in the cover-up.

Provide the PJ with suspects credit card and banking transaction info.

Investigate why so little of the fund has been spent on searching for Madeleine.

Thats for starters!
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.05.11 16:02

Calls and texts and emails from Talksport where Mike Graham was inviting people to discuss the review.

Am I the only one sick of the Mccanns, if it was not for these posh parents repeatedly leaving their kids unattended to go eating with their friends Maddie would still be in their care, how many different people have made lots of cash trying to find Maddie. A succession of private detectives have been hired I remember a Barcelona detective saying he would have Maddie home by Christmas that was three years ago. Clarence Mitchell is another hanger on doing it for the money. I remember an ordinary couple had their son snatched about 15 years ago and their plight was not covered as the Mccann’s was. The Mccanns seem to have got little or no guilt blaming all others. I hope Maddie comes back but I doubt it now.

I would gladly pay more taxes to reopen the case to find this lovely little girl but if they did find her I would be devastated if they handed her back to those neglectful uncaring people that claim to be her parents, leaving your children and going out they are as guilty as any abductor.

Mike said a bit uncompassionate and harsh and they must feel guilty every single day of their lives for the horrendous thing that happened (he needs to be sent pictures of the Mccanns)

Surely talks of opening the case should only be when they stump up the money towards it, paying your mortgage with the money raised for the investigation is disgusting behaviour and in my opinion not the behaviour of a couple who have lost their child.

Caller rang who worked with Gerry some 17-18 years ago, said he seemed nice fellow but Gerry is a heart surgeon, kate a doctor they should have more common sense than to leave 3 children under 3 in a hotel room alone.

Caller said come on mike nobody in their right mind would leave children alone in the hotel room how many yards away…..

Mike replies 50 yards away across a quadrangle, they went on holiday with a group of people and said they would send someone to check every 15 minutes. (Mike needs to be sent details of exactly how far this was – it wasn’t 50 yards away). Mike has to agree with the caller he would never ever leave his child in these circumstances. Mike says he does feel though that the criticism of them has gone out of proportion to what they have been through.

Just because the Mccanns are intelligent doesn’t mean they have common sense.

Thousands of other distraught parents of missing children don’t all turn their grief into a cottage industry, if ever they are reunited with Madeleine I hope she tells them where to get off. To my mind all they need to do is to go t a free parent classes run by the local council.

Mike said maybe other parents don’t do it as not in a position to do so but cant blame them for wanting to keep her name in the headlines. Caller mentions grief is private, you don’t turn it into almost like an advert.

Mike comments that unless you know the person you want to grieve for has actually died you cant really grieve. Caller says loads of people who are childless would love a child and they see what has been going on. Mike says people in PDL got sick of the media circus but doesn’t really blame them for keeping her name in the spotlight to get closure.

No one can say nothing worse than they think of themselves they will carry that for the rest of their lives.

I think people are being a little bit harsh. I lost my daughter and nobody can understand unless you have lost a child a mother, how they actually feel, it is something that you never come to terms with, you never get over it, never ever every waking minute and in your dreams at night. I know that people are unsympathetic that they went out and leave the children and I do really disagree with that I would never have done that myself to my children, I do believe they could have got a babysitter or something, but also got to look at it from the point of the wee girl, what sort of life is she having now, people are talking about them other and father what about this wee girl, nobody knows what has happened to her where she is, what has happened, if she is living.

Mike comments he thinks most parents would keep the child’s name in the papers if they could do it.

People who are calling in blaming them for leaving the girl on her own are a disgrace as the Mccanns know that, they don’t need to keep being reminded of it.

Mike says cant blame them for continuing with the search, have spent a lot of money on it but all the private detectives haven’t been able to find her should they reopen the review when there isn’t a lot of money knocking about what does it mean to other parents of missing children.

I think that when that child went missing there must have been a massive barrier between the Mccanns and the Police language wise and I think there was a lot of incompetence on behalf of the Portuguese Police. There was a fair distance away from where they were eating to where the children were staying, it was about 300 yards, it wasn’t 50 yards, it was across a courtyard, I have got a daughter I wouldn’t have left my daughter of that age that distance, it was literally quarter of mile, you know sitting in a bar with all your pals having a drink and the kids are in bed, I did watch a documentary that about three or four in the morning when this child were reported missing all the dustbins where the child was missing were all being emptied and put onto dustcarts and taken about 70 miles away to the tip and lots of other resorts going to the same tip, that wouldn’t have happened in the UK,

where you get a policeman who was in charge of that case within about nine months of the enquiry writing books and blaming the Mccanns to make himself an awful lot of money that wouldn’t happen here either.

I have a neighbour of mine who lives here, now that Mccann he is not a heart surgeon he is an anesthetist I have a friend of mine who is an anaethetist who knows him personally through work and I sat in my flat one night and I was actually having a drink with three different doctors and a judge who were talking about the Mcann case at the time and all the doctors two plastic surgeons and an anaethetist and a judge as well and they were all dubious about what went on.

It wasn’t an investigation most police officers abroad have three levels of police I think it was a good twenty four hours before detectives arrived on the scene a hundred of miles away from where the Mcanns were staying. If something happened here with a child they would shut the whole of the area down. The local police who were there walking round the bars and the towns they are basically just to control the holiday makers not detectives cos they don’t imagine for no reason would they think a child would have gone missing of that age it took a long time for anything to be done, they lost a lot of ground.

Callers mentions that the senior ex detectives working with the Mccanns are all appalled with what went on with the Portuguese police.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland 12.05.11 16:25

If somewhere the telephone records are still held, if Scotland Yard were able to extract useful information from them, that surely be regarded as new information?

espeland
espeland

Activity : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.05.11 16:31

espeland wrote:If somewhere the telephone records are still held, if Scotland Yard were able to extract useful information from them, that surely be regarded as new information?

hi espeland,

I'm sure I read the Portuguese police did that, and they yielded some information, but were deemed to be inadmissable. May be totally wrong, might be thinking of something else. So much reading in this case, you sometimes get in a jumble big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringo 12.05.11 16:33

It is blatantly untrue that the McCanns just need to write a letter to the PJ to re-open the case.

The authorities would not re-open the case when Amaral requested that they do earlier this year claiming he had new evidence.

http://headlines-today.co.uk/2011/01/11/portugal-refuses-to-re-open-madeleine-mccann-investigation/

(Top law officer Jose Pinto Monteiro) said today that the Portuguese authorities would not respond to “opinions, digressions, political analyses, abstract theories and journalistic comment.”

Only fresh evidence would prompt a re-investigation, he said.

When the case was shelved the Attorney General said:

"The files have been archived but they will be reviewed periodically and could be reopened if new evidence emerges"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article4373782.ece

Or perhaps you prefer this from the BBC

In a brief written statement to the BBC, the office of Portugal's attorney general said that "the case will be reopened if and when concrete and credible facts exist that justify it, which until now has not yet happened".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8069936.stm

Or perhaps this, from the Sun

myView

By ANTONIO PINTO, Portuguese legal expert

I DO not think it is a bad thing if Madeleine's case is reopened by other prosecutors and other investigators to scrutinise for possible shortcomings in the existing investigation.

It seems reasonable to do so because it is very strange that a girl is missing and that nothing is done. The problem for the Portuguese police is that, as the law stands, it does not provide for the re-opening of the case without new evidence.

But although there is no provision in the law, the law does not outlaw it - so it would seem reasonable that this could happen.

(no link, sorry)

Now, please note that the Attorney General has never said that the case will be re-opened when new evidence emerges OR when Kate and Gerry request it - ever. Just because Amaral says it doesn't mean it is true. It isn't.
Ringo

Activity : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.05.11 16:47

Not just Mr Amaral........................

POLICE CHIEF: WE WILL REOPEN MADELEINE MCCANN CASE

Kate and Gerry McCann have welcomed the offer of a new search for Madeleine

Sunday November 7,2010
By James Murray in Praia da Luz: Exclusive

DETECTIVES working on the Madeleine McCann case say they are ready to reopen the investigation into her disappearance.

Portuguese police have indicated they would be happy to work with the missing girl’s parents and their friends.

The gesture will come as a huge boost to Kate and Gerry McCann, who last week launched a petition and urged Home Secretary Theresa May to request a review of the case.

A senior police source in Portugal said: “Detectives are committed to resolving this case and would work on any review and pursue any line of inquiry suggested.”

As the McCanns launched a petition last week, a frustrated Gerry said: “For the past three and a half years, the authorities have not being doing anything proactive to help Madeleine. I don’t think it’s right that the onus should fall on us. The authorities really should be doing more.”

‘We don’t know how long this will go on, but it’s our life. The pain just makes us stronger’

Kate added: “We need action. I don’t need fluffy, worthless words. We need somebody to do something.”

Almost 26,000 people had yesterday signed the online appeal for the Government to do more to find Madeleine.

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: “Kate and Gerry are thrilled with the number of people who have supported them. It shows them there is still a huge amount of public opinion behind them.”

The couple, doctors from Rothley, Leicestershire, are due to fly to Lisbon on Tuesday to consult their lawyers.

Legal sources in Portugal say they should use their visit to ask their lawyer to formally write a letter to the Policia Judiciaria and to the Portuguese attorney-general’s office.

If a review was ordered, the Policia Judiciaria would suggest that there should be reconstructions of two key incidents on the evening of May 3, 2007, in Praia da Luz on the Algarve.

The McCanns’ friend Jane Tanner said she saw a man holding a child she believed to be Madeleine. Irishman Martin Smith said that the same evening he saw a man with a child in his arms walking to the beach.

Last year, a documentary prepared with the McCanns’ investigator, former British police officer Dave Edgar, highlighted those sightings.

A well-placed source in Portugal said: “Mr Edgar clearly recognises the importance of these two incidents. We had hoped to do full filmed reconstructions but that did not take place but we would be happy to try again to get that vital work done.”

He said that both Kate and Gerry McCann and their holiday friends, David and Fiona Payne, Diana Webster, Rachel and Matthew Oldfield, Jane Tanner and her partner Russell O’Brien, would be treated with great sensitivity in any reconstruction.

Last week Kate, 42, said she was “disappointed” over the Home Secretary’s failure to help find her daughter, saying: “There is an abductor out there who is free to take another child. Other children are at risk and nothing is being done.”

She added: “We don’t know how long this will go on for but it is our life. You get stronger handling the pain.”

The Portuguese police source said: “Every time we get information sent to us we look into it. Nothing is ignored.
“The frustration is that there has not been a strong lead for a long time.”

A McCanns’ spokesman said: “We would welcome any indication of support from the PJ.

However, we would be hoping to have an official response to our call for a review of evidence.”

Sunday Express readers can sign the McCanns’ petition at ipetitions.com/petition/madeleinemccann_case_review/.

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/210034/Police-chief-We-will-reopen-Madeleine-McCann-casePolice-chief-We-will-reopen-Madeleine-McCann-

They just need to get their lawyer to send a letter. Of course, the must agree to do a reconstruction as part of the deal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringo 12.05.11 17:30

candyfloss wrote:Not just Mr Amaral........................

POLICE CHIEF: WE WILL REOPEN MADELEINE MCCANN CASE

Kate and Gerry McCann have welcomed the offer of a new search for Madeleine

Sunday November 7,2010
By James Murray in Praia da Luz: Exclusive

DETECTIVES working on the Madeleine McCann case say they are ready to reopen the investigation into her disappearance.

Portuguese police have indicated they would be happy to work with the missing girl’s parents and their friends.

The gesture will come as a huge boost to Kate and Gerry McCann, who last week launched a petition and urged Home Secretary Theresa May to request a review of the case.

A senior police source in Portugal said: “Detectives are committed to resolving this case and would work on any review and pursue any line of inquiry suggested.”

As the McCanns launched a petition last week, a frustrated Gerry said: “For the past three and a half years, the authorities have not being doing anything proactive to help Madeleine. I don’t think it’s right that the onus should fall on us. The authorities really should be doing more.”

‘We don’t know how long this will go on, but it’s our life. The pain just makes us stronger’

Kate added: “We need action. I don’t need fluffy, worthless words. We need somebody to do something.”

Almost 26,000 people had yesterday signed the online appeal for the Government to do more to find Madeleine.

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: “Kate and Gerry are thrilled with the number of people who have supported them. It shows them there is still a huge amount of public opinion behind them.”

The couple, doctors from Rothley, Leicestershire, are due to fly to Lisbon on Tuesday to consult their lawyers.

Legal sources in Portugal say they should use their visit to ask their lawyer to formally write a letter to the Policia Judiciaria and to the Portuguese attorney-general’s office.

If a review was ordered, the Policia Judiciaria would suggest that there should be reconstructions of two key incidents on the evening of May 3, 2007, in Praia da Luz on the Algarve.

The McCanns’ friend Jane Tanner said she saw a man holding a child she believed to be Madeleine. Irishman Martin Smith said that the same evening he saw a man with a child in his arms walking to the beach.

Last year, a documentary prepared with the McCanns’ investigator, former British police officer Dave Edgar, highlighted those sightings.

A well-placed source in Portugal said: “Mr Edgar clearly recognises the importance of these two incidents. We had hoped to do full filmed reconstructions but that did not take place but we would be happy to try again to get that vital work done.”

He said that both Kate and Gerry McCann and their holiday friends, David and Fiona Payne, Diana Webster, Rachel and Matthew Oldfield, Jane Tanner and her partner Russell O’Brien, would be treated with great sensitivity in any reconstruction.

Last week Kate, 42, said she was “disappointed” over the Home Secretary’s failure to help find her daughter, saying: “There is an abductor out there who is free to take another child. Other children are at risk and nothing is being done.”

She added: “We don’t know how long this will go on for but it is our life. You get stronger handling the pain.”

The Portuguese police source said: “Every time we get information sent to us we look into it. Nothing is ignored.
“The frustration is that there has not been a strong lead for a long time.”

A McCanns’ spokesman said: “We would welcome any indication of support from the PJ.

However, we would be hoping to have an official response to our call for a review of evidence.”

Sunday Express readers can sign the McCanns’ petition at ipetitions.com/petition/madeleinemccann_case_review/.

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/210034/Police-chief-We-will-reopen-Madeleine-McCann-casePolice-chief-We-will-reopen-Madeleine-McCann-

They just need to get their lawyer to send a letter. Of course, the must agree to do a reconstruction as part of the deal.

Odd that there are no named sources in that article don't you think? Unlike all of my links which make it clear that the Attorney General himself will not consider re-opening the case unless new evidence comes to light.

Now consider this - say you are right and the McCanns can simply order demand that the case be re-opened. What if, after another year of fruitless investigation the police decide to shelve the case again. Can the McCanns simply write another letter and demand for the case to be re-opened yet again?

Also, if the case were to be re-opened (at the McCanns request or anyone else's) don't you think that the very first thing that needs to be done is a full and comprehensive review of all the information already collated by different police forces, but which has never been computerised or cross-referenced? I would be all in favour of a filmed reconstruction, using actors a la Crimewatch, broadcast both here and in Portugal - it is a long shot but it might jog someone's memory.
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 12.05.11 20:24

Ringo wrote:Now consider this - say you are right and the McCanns can simply order demand that the case be re-opened. What if, after another year of fruitless investigation the police decide to shelve the case again. Can the McCanns simply write another letter and demand for the case to be re-opened yet again?

Why do you think the McCann's didn't request the investigation remain open in the first place? They had a deadline to meet to keep it open and they let it pass. Why let the case be shelved then moan that no police force is looking for Maddie?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41063

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.05.11 20:39

[quote Ringo]

Now consider this - say you are right and the McCanns can simply order demand that the case be re-opened. What if, after another year of fruitless investigation the police decide to shelve the case again. Can the McCanns simply write another letter and demand for the case to be re-opened yet again?

If I may say so Ringo, that is a most rather silly comment. Do you think every case stays open for ever? Of course they don't. No police force could afford to do that, to spend time and officers, on one case, when there are no more leads and no evidence. Of course cases get shelved, or go to cold cases. They are put away, until some new evidence or information turns up, then they are looked into again. Sometimes this is years and years after. So yes, the PJ could shelve it again, as do the British police when they can go no further - just look how many unsolved cases there are in this country. The McCanns can get this case re-opened with a letter from the solicitor, and a reconstruction, failing that the PJ have said it will be re-opened if new evidence or informations turns up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by scotclogs 12.05.11 21:15

Well said ufercoffy thumbsup clapping1
scotclogs
scotclogs

Activity : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by ShabbyTiger 12.05.11 21:54

Ringo wrote:It is blatantly untrue that the McCanns just need to write a letter to the PJ to re-open the case.

The authorities would not re-open the case when Amaral requested that they do earlier this year claiming he had new evidence.

http://headlines-today.co.uk/2011/01/11/portugal-refuses-to-re-open-madeleine-mccann-investigation/

(Top law officer Jose Pinto Monteiro) said today that the Portuguese authorities would not respond to “opinions, digressions, political analyses, abstract theories and journalistic comment.”

How's about Kate McCann answering the 48 questions then Ringo, or the TAPAS Crew doing a reconstruction. That would be enough to reopen the case. And they know it, but won't do it. WHY?

Only fresh evidence would prompt a re-investigation, he said.

When the case was shelved the Attorney General said:

"The files have been archived but they will be reviewed periodically and could be reopened if new evidence emerges"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article4373782.ece

Or perhaps you prefer this from the BBC

In a brief written statement to the BBC, the office of Portugal's attorney general said that "the case will be reopened if and when concrete and credible facts exist that justify it, which until now has not yet happened".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8069936.stm

Or perhaps this, from the Sun

myView

By ANTONIO PINTO, Portuguese legal expert

I DO not think it is a bad thing if Madeleine's case is reopened by other prosecutors and other investigators to scrutinise for possible shortcomings in the existing investigation.

It seems reasonable to do so because it is very strange that a girl is missing and that nothing is done. The problem for the Portuguese police is that, as the law stands, it does not provide for the re-opening of the case without new evidence.

But although there is no provision in the law, the law does not outlaw it - so it would seem reasonable that this could happen.

(no link, sorry)

Now, please note that the Attorney General has never said that the case will be re-opened when new evidence emerges OR when Kate and Gerry request it - ever. Just because Amaral says it doesn't mean it is true. It isn't.

ShabbyTiger
ShabbyTiger

Activity : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by ShabbyTiger 12.05.11 22:00

Don't know where my post went! Posted in reply to Ringo. All Kate McCann needs to do to reopen the case is to answer the questions that she refused to answer. That will be new evidence, ergo the case is re-opened. Or the Tapas Crew agreeing to do a re-construction. Again this would be new evidence to reopen the case. So far they have not done this. Ask yourself Ringo - why?

ShabbyTiger
ShabbyTiger

Activity : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringo 13.05.11 11:02

ShabbyTiger wrote:Don't know where my post went! Posted in reply to Ringo. All Kate McCann needs to do to reopen the case is to answer the questions that she refused to answer. That will be new evidence, ergo the case is re-opened. Or the Tapas Crew agreeing to do a re-construction. Again this would be new evidence to reopen the case. So far they have not done this. Ask yourself Ringo - why?

Have you actually read the 48 questions? Which ones do you think, if answered by Kate McCann, would supply fresh information that would consitute brand new evidence?
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top