The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 6 Mm11

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 6 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 6 Mm11

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 6 Regist10

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 6 Empty Re: Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance

Post by plebgate 02.04.17 16:17

Edgar - from the article:

"
He told how it was much harder trying to crack the case as an investigator than a detective.
He said: “My hands were tied to a great extent and I could only do so much. I had no access to intelligence to do even simple checks and could never go outside the law. I can’t help Kate and Gerry now because Scotland Yard don’t want me trampling on their path. But when their operation is finally wound down and if I’m ever needed in my role as an investigator it would go back to square one. It would be a cold case and I couldn’t just pick up from where the police had left off.”

If his hands were tied then, why wouldn't they be in the future?

If 13 million pound aint a great deal to search for missing Maddie where does he think the £500,000 or so left in the kitty will get them?

Oh hang on, maybe he will hire an elite dog after all to search the lawless hills.   yes

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 6 Empty Re: Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance

Post by Verdi 02.04.17 23:41

BlueBag wrote:
So beautiful, astonishingly bright, and I’d have to say very charismatic. She would shine out of a crowd. So—God forgive me—maybe that’s part of the problem. That special quality. Some ******* picked up on that.
Just my opinion, but that sounds creepy.

I can't imagine myself as a male saying that about someone else's little girl, even a friends.

Maybe it's within today's normal bounds and I am outdated.
Any more than I can imagine a male bathing someone else's little girl - or boy - nor commenting or someone else's children looking like angels all dressed in white, or words to that effect.

If you're outdated then I'm positively prehistoric.

thing

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 03.04.17 4:25

I noticed the sun weren't taking comments on their story from yesterday about him.

Darn it

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.04.17 7:52

Verdi wrote:

Any more than I can imagine a male bathing someone else's little girl
That kind of thing is just not right.

Way way off most people's radar.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 03.04.17 8:17

If I had forked out on a PI for a number of years and zilcho at the end of it, I certainly would not re-hire that PI again.

In fact why would anyone hire any other PI after two police forces and a very, very considerable amount of money has been spent and no further on?  The polices' hands are not tied, but a PI's hands are.  As per, nothing seems to make sense.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 03.04.17 10:28

From PeterMac:

Edgar - from the article:

"
He told how it was much harder trying to crack the case as an investigator than a detective.
He said: “My hands were tied to a great extent and I could only do so much. I had no access to intelligence to do even simple checks and could never go outside the law. I can’t help Kate and Gerry now because Scotland Yard don’t want me trampling on their path.  . . 

Has Grange been in touch and told him to back off ?
Have they spoken to him about what the McCanns told him - which he admitted in Portugal was his only source of information, and seems to confirm here

I hope so !
P

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer)

Activity : 42053

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.04.17 10:33

I wonder what Dave Edgar had to sign as a confidentiality agreement with his employer?

He did say that if he found anything against the McCanns he would report it to Scotland Yard.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13387

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 03.04.17 10:59

From CMOMM facebook:

Joy Savage Ballentine Edgar worked for the RUC , Royal Ulster Constabulary, the old name for the PSNI police service for N Ireland.
For 30 years . So he KNOWS they relied on dogs daily here in Belfast over those 30 years of 'troubles ' .
He is now on the Mccann payroll again , they hired him in 2009 as a 'private investigator ' .

Edgar placed his life in these dogs abilities so he KNOWS !

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/ruc-police?excludenudity=true&mediatype=photography&phrase=ruc%20police&sort=mostpopular

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.04.17 11:05

It does beg the question who is Dave Edgar's employer.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 03.04.17 11:13

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 6 Dave_e10

As 'Gene Hunt' said on twitter: "Dave Edgar would have trouble finding a packet of biscuits in a supermarket"

From our Rogue of the Day thread:

Dave Edgar

Cheshire resident Dave Edgar was a retired police Detective Inspector. The Cheshire businessman Brian Kennedy, who was responsible for managing the McCanns’ controversial private investigation, appointed him in November 2008 to lead the investigation. This followed the debacle of the previous investigation led by rogue and crook Kevin Halligen, who will appear on ‘Rogue of the Day’ before long.

Edgar didn’t look for Madeleine but was paid to carry out his master’s directions. His initial task was to ‘beef up’ a TV documentary released by Channel 4 in May 2009, which simply regurgitated, uncritically, the McCanns’ claims that Madeleine had been abducted. He was wheeled out during the documentary to proclaim the McCanns ‘totally innocent’. When the documentary shed light on a major contradiction between two key witnesses, he calmly brushed this aside by saying: ‘You always get discrepancies when witnesses try to remember the same event’. Throughout his work for the McCanns, he was noted as promoting any old line that suited the moment.

Thus, when the McCanns were promoting an especially unlikely story that Madeleine had been abducted by a Victoria Beckham-lookalike on a yacht bound for Australia, Edgar threw caution to the wind and calmly told a TV press conference: “The person seen by Jane Tanner on the night Madeleine disappeared might have been a woman, not a man”. At this point, his rapidly vanishing credibility slumped right down to zero.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.04.17 11:52

I've read on the forum that the company called Alphaig, or described as Alpha something or other is no longer in existence (bless Doug D).

So why are the media waiting on the sideline to promote that this company is still in existence and Dave Edgar is still heading up the company?

Possibly because the company is a complete sham?

What do I know eh?

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 03.04.17 12:11

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 03.04.17 12:29

Always had my suspicions (although no evidence) that the AIG (Alpha Investigation Group) name was specifically chosen as people would associate it with the Man Utd shirt sponsor at the time, (‘American International Group’ the American Insurance firm, which was relatively little known) which would seemingly give it some credence.

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsGNmxWUkpIbinrrCTK7E2dcVX-kRPZFObJLlb4r3EWD-zddAw
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 03.04.17 20:28

I wonder if he realizes how much he has contradicted himself and how dumb and inept he looks?

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 03.04.17 21:11

David Edgar has never been a director of Alphaig Limited, and the so-called company only lasted 2 years. It was incorportated in June 2009 and had a voluntary strike-off in 2011.
Here is a copy and paste of this company:
ALPHAIG LIMITED
Company number 06929397
Registered office addressTreetops, Pant-Y-Gof, Halkyn, Flintshire, Uk, CH8 8DH
Company status Dissolved Dissolved on25 October 2011
Company type Private limited Company Incorporated on10 June 2009

Accounts

Last accounts made up to 30 June 2010

Annual return

Last annual return made up to 10 June 2010

Nature of business (SIC)

• 7487 - Other business activities

Filter officers

Filter officers  Current officers  

3 officers / 2 resignations

COWLEY, Arthur John  

Correspondence addressTreetops, Pant-Y-Gof, Halkyn, Uk, CH8 8DH
Role  Director Date of birth June 1952 Appointed on 10 June 2009
Nationality British
Country of residence United Kingdom Occupation Director
TURNER LITTLE COMPANY SECRETARIES LIMITED
Correspondence addressRegency House, Westminster Place, York Business Park, York, North Yorkshire, Uk, YO26 6RW
Role Resigned  Secretary Appointed on 10 June 2009 Resigned on 10 June 2009

TURNER LITTLE COMPANY NOMINEES LIMITED

Correspondence addressRegency House, Westminster Place, York Business Park, York, North Yorkshire, Uk, YO26 6RW
Role Resigned  Director
Appointed on 10 June 2009 Resigned on 10 June 2009

Company Results (links open in a new window)
[th]Date (document was filed at Companies House)[/th][th]Type[/th][th]Description (of the document filed at Companies House)[/th][th]View / Download (PDF file, link opens in new window)[/th]
25 Oct 2011GAZ2(A)Final Gazette dissolved via voluntary strike-offView PDF ( Final Gazette dissolved via voluntary strike-off - link opens in a new window ) (1 page)
12 Jul 2011GAZ1(A)First Gazette notice for voluntary strike-offView PDF ( First Gazette notice for voluntary strike-off - link opens in a new window ) (1 page)
29 Jun 2011DS01Application to strike the company off the registerView PDF ( Application to strike the company off the register - link opens in a new window ) (3 pages)
01 Mar 2011AATotal exemption small company accounts made up to 30 June 2010View PDF ( Total exemption small company accounts made up to 30 June 2010 - link opens in a new window ) (6 pages)
31 Aug 2010AR01Annual return made up to 10 June 2010 with full list of shareholders
Statement of capital on 2010-08-31

• GBP 1

View PDF ( Annual return made up to 10 June 2010 with full list of shareholders
Statement of capital on 2010-08-31

• GBP 1

- link opens in a new window ) (3 pages)
31 Aug 2010CH01Director's details changed for Mr Arthur John Cowley on 1 April 2010View PDF ( Director's details changed for Mr Arthur John Cowley on 1 April 2010 - link opens in a new window ) (2 pages)
10 Jun 2009288bAppointment terminated director turner little company nominees LIMITEDView PDF ( Appointment terminated director turner little company nominees LIMITED - link opens in a new window ) (1 page)
10 Jun 2009288bAppointment terminated secretary turner little company secretaries LIMITEDView PDF ( Appointment terminated secretary turner little company secretaries LIMITED - link opens in a new window ) (1 page)
10 Jun 2009NEWINCIncorporation
View PDF ( Incorporation - link opens in a new window ) (13 pages)

sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.04.17 21:41

Why would a UK national newspaper be still promoting Dave Edgar as running a private investigation company and be willing to step into the breech to help the McCanns when Scotland Yard abandon them and leave them alone to do their own investigation?

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 03.04.17 21:46

Hobs wrote:I wonder if he realizes how much he has contradicted himself and how dumb and inept he looks?
Edgar is right up there with Donal MacIntyre who disproved the abduction scenario while trying to show how it all happened. The video is somewhere on Youtube and is undiluted lunacy.

Then there's comedy gold from Summers and Swann with the man who entered apartments with yards of unravelling bandages on his feet.

And how could we forget DCI Redwood's profound observation "she may be alive or sadly she may be dead"?
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 03.04.17 21:55

aquila wrote:Why would a UK national newspaper be still promoting Dave Edgar as running a private investigation company and be willing to step into the breech to help the McCanns when Scotland Yard abandon them and leave them alone to do their own investigation?
The man is an absolute nobody. The only company he's been a director of, is Emerald Investigations Limited, and again, this so-called company was set up in 2009, and has now been dissolved. Both this company, and Alphaig Limited were non starter businesses, but 2009 appears to be a significant year for opening these businesses. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say they were set up to receive payments from the investigation, and for no other purpose, whatsoever.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.04.17 22:03

sallypelt wrote:
aquila wrote:Why would a UK national newspaper be still promoting Dave Edgar as running a private investigation company and be willing to step into the breech to help the McCanns when Scotland Yard abandon them and leave them alone to do their own investigation?
The man is an absolute nobody. The only company he's been a director of, is Emerald Investigations Limited, and again, this so-called company was set up in 2009, and has now been dissolved. Both this company, and Alphaig Limited were non starter businesses, but 2009 appears to be a significant year for opening these businesses. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say they were set up to receive payments from the investigation, and for no other purpose, whatsoever.
He's not a nobody in the case of Madeleine McCann. He's described as a crack detective, has described himself as the only professional private investigator and has sat alongside Clarence Mitchell in a press conference to promote Victoria Beckham lookalike.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 03.04.17 22:06

aquila wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
He's not a nobody in the case of Madeleine McCann. He's described as a crack detective, has described himself as the only professional private investigator and has sat alongside Clarence Mitchell in a press conference to promote Victoria Beckham lookalike.

I think they've left a word out by mistake. It should read a crack POT detective spit coffee
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 03.04.17 22:11

aquila wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
Agreed, plus the companies weren't created just to facilitate payment but to add authenticity and gravitas to the Edgar appointment.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 03.04.17 22:15

Rogue-a-Tory wrote:
aquila wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
Agreed, plus the companies weren't created just to facilitate payment but to add authenticity and gravitas to the Edgar appointment.
Without them setting up a company, it would mean payments would have to have gone into their PERSONAL bank accounts, and that wouldn't look very professional, would it? Who is going to take "an investigator" seriously, if they haven't got a legitimate business? As I've said............he's a nobody.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.04.17 22:19

sallypelt wrote:
Rogue-a-Tory wrote:
aquila wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
Without them setting up a company, it would mean payments would have to have gone into their PERSONAL bank accounts, and that wouldn't look very professional, would it? Who is going to take "an investigator" seriously, if they haven't got a legitimate business? As I've said............he's a nobody.
Why would a retired senior police officer become embroiled in this?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 03.04.17 22:33

plebgate wrote:If I had forked out on a PI for a number of years and zilcho at the end of it, I certainly would not re-hire that PI again.

In fact why would anyone hire any other PI after two police forces and a very, very considerable amount of money has been spent and no further on?  

Unless of course you didn't want anything found.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 03.04.17 22:52

This is copied and pasted from Hideho's website:

Author:  John Whitehouse

Published by The Madeleine Foundation, 5 May 2011

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF THE ARTICLE

After the successive debacles of the McCanns and Brian Kennedy appointing first the controversial Spanish detective agency Metodo 3 and then fraudster Kevin Halligen, supposedly to search for Madeleine, they then appointed local retired detective inspector Dave Edgar to ‘lead the hunt for Madeleine’ in November 2008.

Edgar was then based in the H.Q. of the private investigation office run by Brian Kennedy, a house in Knutsford bought by Kennedy for that purpose in the summer of 2007. Edgar did not at that time, nor has he since, either owned, part-owned or ‘run’ a company known as ‘Alpha Investigations Group’. His claim to do so is a sham.

In fact, one of Brian Kennedy’s right-hand men, Andrew Dickman, registered the domain name www.alphaig.co.uk on 12 January 2009, some four months before the McCann Team misled the media and the public into thinking that Dave Edgar ran a prestigious-sounding company called ‘Alpha Investigations Group’.

Despite much publicity and hype about Edgar’s ‘Alpha Investigations Group’ in May 2009, in fact the company being referred to was actually called ‘ALPHAIG’. It was not registered until after May - on  10 June 2009. Despite claims that Edgar, or Edgar and a colleague, Arthur Cowley, run ALPHAIG, it is a company wholly owned by Arthur Cowley. The registered address of the company, ‘Treetops’, in the remote Flintshire hamlet of Pant-y-Gof, is a property situated  down a remote farm track and cul-de-sac, which may be unoccupied. ALPHAIG has no web presence, and does not give out any contact details. Its summary accounts, released in January this year, revealed inter alia that it had fixed assets worth just £630, hardly the kind of assets associated with a significant private investigations company.

Edgar’s main role over the past two years appears to have been to talk up as ‘strong leads’ claims - which are frankly bogus - that Madeleine may have been taken by a Victoria Beckham-lookalike on a yacht to Australia, may be held in a prison lair near Praia da Luz, may have been seen in Dubai, may have been taken to the U.S. as claimed by an Angolan basketball-playing bouncer, or may have been taken by an unnamed gypsy gang leader, details of whom were given by a dying paedophile in a German hospital to his long-estranged son, who in turn claims to have burnt that letter before proceeding to tell the Sun all about it.

The public have been told that they should buy Dr Kate McCann’s new book, due out on 12 May, in order to ‘continue the search for Madeleine’. Dr McCann has said that the book could ‘raise £1 million’, which she and the McCann Team say would pay for Dave Edgar and his ‘team of detectives’ to continue looking for Madeleine for a further two years.

On the evidence of this article, they would be wasting their money.        

C O N T E N T S
       Chapter                                                                                                             Page
A.  Introduction                                                                                                2
B.  The search for a Victoria Beckham-lookalilke                                            4
C.  Fierce criticism of Dave Edgar’s ‘investigation’ in Barcelona                   5
D.  Madeleine being ‘held in a prison lair near Praia da Luz’                        10
E.  ALPHAIG: Edgar and Cowley’s company?                                              10
F.  The confusion with other ‘Alpha Investigations’ businesses                     13
G.  The true origin of ALPHAIG                                                                    13
H.  The so-called ‘Alpha Investigations Group’: A timeline                          22
I.   The accounts of ALPHAIG                                                                        23
J.  Recent developments       
http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann/Individual-Topics/McCann-s-Detectives-Dave-Edgar-Uncovered-1-976095.html
David Edgar, it is claimed, was a "detective inspector" who "retired"from the RUC. Didn't Jim Gamble retire from the same force? Jim Gamble has a Wiki entry. As for David Edgar, if it wasn't for his involvement in the Maddie case, he's conspicuous by his absence. For someone who "retired" from such a prestigious position, he virtually doesn't exist.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top