The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CRIME THAT ROCKED BRITAIN A mother’s betrayal and comparisons with Madeleine McCann: How the ‘disappearance’ of Shannon Matthews sparked a class war - Page 2 Mm11

CRIME THAT ROCKED BRITAIN A mother’s betrayal and comparisons with Madeleine McCann: How the ‘disappearance’ of Shannon Matthews sparked a class war - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CRIME THAT ROCKED BRITAIN A mother’s betrayal and comparisons with Madeleine McCann: How the ‘disappearance’ of Shannon Matthews sparked a class war - Page 2 Mm11

CRIME THAT ROCKED BRITAIN A mother’s betrayal and comparisons with Madeleine McCann: How the ‘disappearance’ of Shannon Matthews sparked a class war - Page 2 Regist10

CRIME THAT ROCKED BRITAIN A mother’s betrayal and comparisons with Madeleine McCann: How the ‘disappearance’ of Shannon Matthews sparked a class war

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRIME THAT ROCKED BRITAIN A mother’s betrayal and comparisons with Madeleine McCann: How the ‘disappearance’ of Shannon Matthews sparked a class war - Page 2 Empty Re: CRIME THAT ROCKED BRITAIN A mother’s betrayal and comparisons with Madeleine McCann: How the ‘disappearance’ of Shannon Matthews sparked a class war

Post by Jill Havern 08.02.17 22:55

CRIME THAT ROCKED BRITAIN A mother’s betrayal and comparisons with Madeleine McCann: How the ‘disappearance’ of Shannon Matthews sparked a class war - Page 2 Shanno10

Maddie's mum - Truth is yet to come out too!

RIP Tara.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 40914

Back to top Go down

CRIME THAT ROCKED BRITAIN A mother’s betrayal and comparisons with Madeleine McCann: How the ‘disappearance’ of Shannon Matthews sparked a class war - Page 2 Empty Re: CRIME THAT ROCKED BRITAIN A mother’s betrayal and comparisons with Madeleine McCann: How the ‘disappearance’ of Shannon Matthews sparked a class war

Post by wickerman 09.02.17 1:30

Having just watched the first part on the BBC iplayer, I'm baffled as to how anyone-even the McCanns most ardent supporters- could object to it. It wasn't disrespectful or tasteless in the least to anyone related to the McCann case.
wickerman

Activity : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements 12.02.17 8:45

CRIME THAT ROCKED BRITAIN A mother’s betrayal and comparisons with Madeleine McCann: How the ‘disappearance’ of Shannon Matthews sparked a class war - Page 2 210

Only 1 complaint?

Would that be Kate McCann? winkwink

Activity : 701

Back to top Go down

Post by Lands_end 15.02.17 20:15

Shannon Matthews was a crime perpetrated by people greedy and plain daft. I really hope they don't extend this to the vile murder and failure to uncover the body of Tia Sharp in Croydon a couple of years later.
Lands_end

Activity : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 16.02.17 7:19

The MOORSIDE Drama Based On A True Story Of Shannon Mathews - toby noakes channel (No guarantee how long available)

PART !

PART 2

HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 16.02.17 7:35

Great stuff, thank you Lizzy!

I started watching it yesterday then realised I'd watched Part 2 first roll so will watch Part 1 today.

thumbsup

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 16.02.17 10:14

CRIME THAT ROCKED BRITAIN A mother’s betrayal and comparisons with Madeleine McCann: How the ‘disappearance’ of Shannon Matthews sparked a class war - Page 2 Faking11
 CRIME THAT ROCKED BRITAIN A mother’s betrayal and comparisons with Madeleine McCann: How the ‘disappearance’ of Shannon Matthews sparked a class war - Page 2 Faking12
 CRIME THAT ROCKED BRITAIN A mother’s betrayal and comparisons with Madeleine McCann: How the ‘disappearance’ of Shannon Matthews sparked a class war - Page 2 Faking13
 CRIME THAT ROCKED BRITAIN A mother’s betrayal and comparisons with Madeleine McCann: How the ‘disappearance’ of Shannon Matthews sparked a class war - Page 2 Faking10

The McCanns don't like that either!

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Lands_end 17.02.17 10:44

I suppose I've been a little harsh in my criticisms. There are some similarities with non complex explanations:
Shannon Matthews went missing , the parents lied to the Police and public.
Madeleine McCann went missing , the parents lied to the Police and public.
All quite simple really.
Lands_end

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 17.02.17 12:20

I watched the two episodes back to back yesterday. The McCanns are mentioned only in passing, it's a comment from the Karen Matthews character about the amount of TV airtime the McCanns had in comparison to her time on TV.

I might be a little out of step with what others think, but I felt sorry for Karen Matthews, she isn't the sharpest knife in the draw, and was easily led. And while some may say she is evil, I would argue she got swept along by the pack. She was a liar, and like all liars they trip themselves up with discrepancies. 
In this country we have a punishment system, Karen Matthews did her time in prison and that was her punishment, I don't see the point of the BBC spending 2 hours on this pathetic case which simply attracts new hatred. She had done wrong, she's paid the price, we should let her get on with her new life.

I think it should be noted that the biological father (parent) wasn't involved in the hoax, he was out searching for his daughter.
JRP

Activity : 1176

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 17.02.17 12:36

JRP wrote:I watched the two episodes back to back yesterday. The McCanns are mentioned only in passing, it's a comment from the Karen Matthews character about the amount of TV airtime the McCanns had in comparison to her time on TV.

I might be a little out of step with what others think, but I felt sorry for Karen Matthews, she isn't the sharpest knife in the draw, and was easily led. And while some may say she is evil, I would argue she got swept along by the pack. She was a liar, and like all liars they trip themselves up with discrepancies. 
In this country we have a punishment system, Karen Matthews did her time in prison and that was her punishment, I don't see the point of the BBC spending 2 hours on this pathetic case which simply attracts new hatred. She had done wrong, she's paid the price, we should let her get on with her new life.

I think it should be noted that the biological father (parent) wasn't involved in the hoax, he was out searching for his daughter.
I watched both episodes twice. I haven't changed my initial thoughts (those thoughts being prior to watching the production).

Shannon Matthews is coming up to 19 years of age. She was as I understand adopted. She has a right to privacy. Shannon's ordeal has been televised in a drama production - not even a documentary - and I find it all salacious and hurtful. I can't imagine being in her position with adoptive parents telling you of your origin only to find the most evil thing that happened to you shown as a drama and you are still a teenager. It's disgusting beyond belief. The Guardian review was that it is 'television at its best'. I'm lost for words.

Shannon Matthews has a human right to privacy. I can't get past that.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 17.02.17 12:45

aquila wrote:
JRP wrote:I watched the two episodes back to back yesterday. The McCanns are mentioned only in passing, it's a comment from the Karen Matthews character about the amount of TV airtime the McCanns had in comparison to her time on TV.

I watched both episodes twice. I haven't changed my initial thoughts (those thoughts being prior to watching the production).

Shannon Matthews is coming up to 19 years of age. She was as I understand adopted. She has a right to privacy. Shannon's ordeal has been televised in a drama production - not even a documentary - and I find it all salacious and hurtful. I can't imagine being in her position with adoptive parents telling you of your origin only to find the most evil thing that happened to you shown as a drama and you are still a teenager. It's disgusting beyond belief. The Guardian review was that it is 'television at its best'. I'm lost for words.

Shannon Matthews has a human right to privacy. I can't get past that.

For most people this was a forgotten case, and it should have been left alone. Of course I agree with you about Shannon as well.
JRP

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 17.02.17 13:29

Please don't tell me the media aren't already contacting Shannon Matthews and luring her with the promise of lots of money to get her on a sofa, because they are.

The media are looking for a big time scoop.

Shannon Matthews is in their sights.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Lands_end 18.02.17 10:57

Agree with what you say but this country has an obsession with and is unforgiving to those who abuse children.
Could you for 1 second imagine a PM like Tony Blair in his day announcing the release of thousands of child sex offenders then re-integration of them into society? In fact he did this with terrorist murderers. I ask you  to consider, which is worse? Child abuse or MURDER?
Tony Blair and his govt were a bunch of evil bastrads. Wasn't he and his wife thing a couple who befriended the McCanns?
Lands_end

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 18.02.17 11:34

Lands_end wrote:

Agree with what you say but this country has an obsession with and is unforgiving to those who abuse children.
Could you for 1 second imagine a PM like Tony Blair in his day announcing the release of thousands of child sex offenders then re-integration of them into society? In fact he did this with terrorist murderers. I ask you  to consider, which is worse? Child abuse or MURDER?
Tony Blair and his govt were a bunch of evil bastrads. Wasn't he and his wife thing a couple who befriended the McCanns?

I'm glad you agree with me, although I can't find the bit you do agree with. 
Karen Matthews was charged with child neglect and perverting the course of justice. No charge relating to child sex offences.
JRP

Back to top Go down

Post by Lands_end 18.02.17 12:27

JRP wrote:
Lands_end wrote:

I'm glad you agree with me, although I can't find the bit you do agree with. 
Karen Matthews was charged with child neglect and perverting the course of justice. No charge relating to child sex offences.
The whole drama had the undertone of child abuse. The 2 friends had an in depth discussion about being abused as children. Karen Matthews partner was arrested for having child sex porn. Shannon was tethered and drugged during her ordeal. I'd be very surprised if there aren't a few people on the Sex offenders register following this horrible episode.
Lands_end

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier 26.02.17 13:55

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/should-karen-matthews-case-re-9914196
tinkier
tinkier

Activity : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 28.09.17 2:31

https://youtu.be/ivfnvG4Gl_o

Haven't seen this docu before on the case " Mother of all lies" and not sure if already posted, but Interesting first comment!

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

CRIME THAT ROCKED BRITAIN A mother’s betrayal and comparisons with Madeleine McCann: How the ‘disappearance’ of Shannon Matthews sparked a class war - Page 2 Empty Shannon Mathews

Post by willowthewisp 28.09.17 14:50

MayMuse wrote:https://youtu.be/ivfnvG4Gl_o

Haven't seen this docu before on the case " Mother of all lies" and not sure if already posted, but Interesting first comment!
Hi Maymuse,who had made this production on Shannon Mathews,one Richard Bilton,I haven't watched the Youtube connection,eg Police interview,but I would hazard a guess,that Richard wasn't as lenient if a certain couple are ever held to account for their actions?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 03.10.17 7:54

Documentary showing the family at the time missing Shannon all unfolded ( and no one knew the mothers involvement) not seen this before and found it quite shocking the differences in treatment of both cases...is it a class divide  or a case of who you know? 

https://youtu.be/dTBtjxBSMbc

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 03.10.17 9:10

News isn't news for long. As it says in the doc in Maymuse's link, the media had lost interest in the Shannon Matthews case by day 17. 
Last Sunday we had the violence from Spanish police making headlines, Monday we have a mass shooting in Las Vegas, which will soon be forgotten and drift onto insignificant pages of the rags.

Maybe, in the Matthews case it's not so much about class, or who you know. Maybe it's who you employ and who you pay?
JRP

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top