The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 4 Mm11

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 4 Mm11

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 4 Regist10

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016*** (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators)

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 4 Empty Re: ***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016*** (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators)

Post by Verdi 27.09.16 23:43

Tony Bennett wrote:BBC reporting that the South Yorkshire police have found something of 'slight interest' - a small piece of cloth:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-37482793

And...er...that's it so far
Maybe it's the other sock..

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 4 Empty Re: ***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016*** (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators)

Post by MayMuse 27.09.16 23:47

I can't, other than a child going missing abroad, and both totally treated differently!  Not sure exactly what you are trying to convey @verdi 
Ben was still a UK citizen so would have been entitled to consular help. 
That child did not get it in my opinion. 

As said the other day about the White car ( mentioned in the post further up) in the lane, it was the translators whom I believe said she was there visiting the family that day yet the family denied this; I do not think it was ever followed up? 
Why?

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 27.09.16 23:49

Ben Needham items being analysed by experts who worked on 9/11, 7/7 bombings and Madeleine McCann mystery

Fabric unearthed where police are searching for Ben Needham is being analysed by experts who worked on 9/11, the 7/7 bombings and the Madeleine McCann mystery.
The team of forensic investigators were drafted in by detectives and have arrived on Kos to solve the disappearance of the 21-month-old toddler 25 years ago.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needham-items-being-analysed-8927110
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 27.09.16 23:55

Verdi wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Verdi wrote:A minor point maybe but I wasn't sure whether Kerry Needham was on holiday on the island of Kos with her relations, as reported by the UK media, or whether she lived there.

According to Kerry Needham's BOOK - she went there to live so why were the South Yorkshire police involved in the first place.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong - if she lived there, her son's disappearance would be a case for the Greek police alone.
Not sure of exact dates, but the outline is this:

* Kerry Needham's father was in the building trade

* His wife was fed up with living in England and thought living on a Greek island would be a lovely change

* Eventually Kerry's father gave into the pressure and said 'Let's go'

* They went out and started a major renovation of the property. I think Stephen went out with them  

* A few months later, Kerry decided to join them, taking Ben. She had split up with Ben's father who IIRC was called Simon

* After she arrived at Kos, Kerry got a job in a hotel, mainly working behind the bar. She had only been there a few weeks when Ben was reported missing

* The Greek police interrogated Stephen as a suspect. For reasons I've given upthread and elsewhere, they were sure that Stephen must know exactly what happened to Ben

* All the Needham family are British subjects/citizens

* The British police have become involved as the result of Kerry's persistent campaigning

* In her book Kerry makes a torrent of allegations against the 'hostile' Greek police, accusing them of gross incompetence and 'wasting time' interrogating Stephen when they should have been out searching for Ben

* A Guardian journalist wrote a very long article on the case (IIRC in 2009) and was mystified as to what really happened. By a process of elimination, she came to the conclusion, totally unevidenced, that Ben had wandered off up the hill (in the intense midday, July, Mediterranean heat) and had fallen down one of the many disused mineshafts in the area. IMHO it was not a first-rate piece of analysis
Precisely! 

I think my point has been misconstrued - Kerry Needham went to live on the island of Kos when her son disappeared, therefore the case at the time was no concern of the UK police.  It was a matter for the Greek police alone.  Whether they were British subjects or not makes no difference to the investigation of the child's disappearance.
Have a read of what steps to take and who can help; 
https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/downloads.raw?task=callelement&item_id=5280&element=dfbb2d4b-e3af-40bc-a511-b0d819792af1&method=download

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 27.09.16 23:57

sallypelt wrote:Ben Needham items being analysed by experts who worked on 9/11, 7/7 bombings and Madeleine McCann mystery

Fabric unearthed where police are searching for Ben Needham is being analysed by experts who worked on 9/11, the 7/7 bombings and the Madeleine McCann mystery.
The team of forensic investigators were drafted in by detectives and have arrived on Kos to solve the disappearance of the 21-month-old toddler 25 years ago.

Eh? 

The forensic ''experts" (unquote) who worked on the case of Madeleine McCann were employed by the Forensic Science Services, which was all but bankrupt when closure was announced in December 2010 and finally closed in March 2012.

If the UK forensic experts are scheduled to analyze bits of cloth found in Kos, why have they travelled to the island.

Good old Daily Mirror - the intelligent tabloid.  smilie

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 27.09.16 23:58

sallypelt wrote:Ben Needham items being analysed by experts who worked on 9/11, 7/7 bombings and Madeleine McCann mystery

Thank you for the update, although my heart skipped a beat when I read about the Forensics team being used!

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 28.09.16 7:56

Verdi wrote:

Eh? 

The forensic ''experts" (unquote) who worked on the case of Madeleine McCann were employed by the Forensic Science Services, which was all but bankrupt when closure was announced in December 2010 and finally closed in March 2012.

If the UK forensic experts are scheduled to analyze bits of cloth found in Kos, why have they travelled to the island.

Good old Daily Mirror - the intelligent tabloid.  smilie
They are making this case very high profile.

Why?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 28.09.16 9:08

ITV news video:

https://www.facebook.com/calendarnews/videos/1340293106003187/

‘..they are not sure if this was a window or door…..’

Oh come on. I know it was 1991 and not the digital camera age, but there must have been some more photos taken at the time (and anyway why would you have a door leading out onto someone else’s property?)

Detective Inspector Jon Cousins talks about one press photo they are looking at which identifies where a ‘new tree’ has grown.

There must be more photos taken at the time and I think the grandparents who were renovating the property are still around, so surely they would have done a bit more homework before starting this digging? They went out there in May.

BBC yesterday managed to identify the two story property over the road as the Needham ‘farmhouse’. Where do these so called ‘journalists’ come from?
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.09.16 10:15

^ That clip, if accurate, seems to imply that the police aren't even sure which side of the house Ben was supposed to be playing. That seems entirely incredible, unless they have reason to doubt statements, or the statements were inconsistent.

ETA - another thing that bothers me about this idea of Ben's body being buried nearby is the fact it would've been so obvious. It wouldn't have taken a search team long to find a suspicious mound of unsettled earth. If it had been created by the brother, and to the depth necessary to avoid scavengers, this becomes infinitely more unlikely.

It kind of seems that introducing industrial machinery is the only way to get around that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 28.09.16 10:36

Kos is a strange island. I personally know of a Greek man with two graves (feet away from each other in the same graveyard) - his family had fallen out and his wife and his mother had paid for individual graves. Lord knows in which one of them his body lays.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 28.09.16 10:52

Doug D wrote:ITV news video:

https://www.facebook.com/calendarnews/videos/1340293106003187/

‘..they are not sure if this was a window or door…..’

Oh come on. I know it was 1991 and not the digital camera age, but there must have been some more photos taken at the time (and anyway why would you have a door leading out onto someone else’s property?)

Detective Inspector Jon Cousins talks about one press photo they are looking at which identifies where a ‘new tree’ has grown.

There must be more photos taken at the time and I think the grandparents who were renovating the property are still around, so surely they would have done a bit more homework before starting this digging? They went out there in May.

BBC yesterday managed to identify the two story property over the road as the Needham ‘farmhouse’. Where do these so called ‘journalists’ come from?
It's a curious fact that in the book 'Ben' by Kerry Needham, there are 35 colour photos - but not one of them is of their farmhouse on Kos.  

But one of them is of Kerry Needham featuring in a Greek TV show, 'Shadows in the Mist' in 1996, where she says in the book "We had what seemed like a promising lead". As Kerry Needham writes (p. 234), quote: "We received word from the British Embassy that an anonymous caller had rung claiming to have picked up Ben and Rabo in his taxi...then a private detective called Stratos Bakirtzis said he had video footage of a boy he claimed was Ben..."

The book has dozens of pages about various TV programmes, shows and interviews she appeared on

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.09.16 10:56

@aquila

I'm talking contemporarily though. Of course now there'd be no mound, just as there is no obvious mound at the 'double grave' you referenced. But it can take a while for the earth to settle, the time varying depending on the depth (and I'd assume by the composition too).

So if Ben's body is near the house, and it's being found after all this time, then the only way to explain that away is to introduce the idea industrial machinery was used. Otherwise, if we are going with the brother theory, it is simply not credible that a burial that close to where they stayed went unnoticed.

I find the suggestion made in this thread that the burial took place near the accident location (ie away from the home) infinitely more plausible, though personally I do struggle with the idea of one person digging to the necessary depth, out of sight, and ensuring lack of scavenging - if this is what happened, he must have had help (from whom I do not know, maybe a second party in the crash).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 28.09.16 11:04

April28th wrote:@aquila

I'm talking contemporarily though. Of course now there'd be no mound, just as there is no obvious mound at the 'double grave' you referenced. But it can take a while for the earth to settle, the time varying depending on the depth (and I'd assume by the composition too).

So if Ben's body is near the house, and it's being found after all this time, then the only way to explain that away is to introduce the idea industrial machinery was used. Otherwise, if we are going with the brother theory, it is simply not credible that a burial that close to where they stayed went unnoticed.

I find the suggestion made in this thread that the burial took place near the accident location (ie away from the home) infinitely more plausible, though personally I do struggle with the idea of one person digging to the necessary depth, out of sight, and ensuring lack of scavenging - if this is what happened, he must have had help (from whom I do not know, maybe a second party in the crash).
Have you ever seen a Greek graveyard?

Greeks are buried above ground, their coffins are placed above ground, followed by serial homage and then the remains are buried - which can take up to two years.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.09.16 11:08

I highly doubt you're inferring that Ben received a traditional Greek burial - and a grave will take the same period of time to settle whether the coffin is going in 2 years later or not. It's the earth that needs to settle, not the ground that needs to get used to a coffin being nearby. If there were a preponderance of mounds in the area then they'd be easy to corroborate with known burials.

Apologies if I am missing your point?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 28.09.16 11:13

‘Ben, who went missing in July 1991, was wearing a white buttoned T-shirt with a green motif and brown leather sanders with a buckle when he vanished.
He was not wearing any shorts as he had wet them earlier in the day and his grandmother had hung them on a tree to dry.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3809263/Ben-Needham-police-items-slight-discover-fabric-toddler-s-clothes-dig-body.html

So why put this question with this photo up on the ‘helpfindben’ site?

https://www.instagram.com/p/yPP9oQP08O/?taken-by=helpfindben

(Sorry can't post this image, it comes up as question mark, but URL opens with a picture of Ben wearing a blue & grey '501 logo' sweatshirt and trousers and the question 'Distinctive clothing. Do you remember it?')

Also if this is the ‘last photo’, they must have had a camera, so why are there not more photos about?

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 4 Stream_img 

What was the damage found on the motorbike & is there any evidence of it in this photo? (Looks pretty new & clean, not like the usual dusty Greek motorbikes you usually see).
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 28.09.16 11:32

April28th wrote:I highly doubt you're inferring that Ben received a traditional Greek burial - and a grave will take the same period of time to settle whether the coffin is going in 2 years later or not. It's the earth that needs to settle, not the ground that needs to get used to a coffin being nearby. If there were a preponderance of mounds in the area then they'd be easy to corroborate with known burials.

Apologies if I am missing your point?
There is no earth involved in the burial of a Greek national. It's not the done thing.

There is the possibility of a Greek murderer to conceal a corpse in an above ground grave.

There is the possibility of feeble minded, caravan-living types to hook up with dastardly folk in Greece to take them to bad places. Being poor, wherever you live in this world, exposes you to unscrupulous people who will take advantage of you for a cent.

I got half way through Ben by Kerry Needham and gave up because I didn't believe a word of it.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 28.09.16 11:44

Just to bring in where they were digging in 2012:

snips:

‘The Daily Mirror said a team of British search experts is to begin digging up a mound of earth in a bid to find out if he may have been buried there.

His mother, Kerry Needham, 41, told the paper: ''This is an elimination process and that's how I'm dealing with it. It's one of the most important things to happen in 21 years.
"
She has previously said she believed the mound of rubble, near the family's farmhouse, was already there when Ben went missing.

South Yorkshire Police confirmed that it is leading a team of specialist search advisers, including a forensic archaeologist and sniffer dogs, who have travelled to Kos to look for Ben.

The force said in a statement: "Greek police are pursuing a line of enquiry centred on the grounds of the property from which Ben disappeared in 1991 aged 21 months.

"Beginning tomorrow work will begin to examine the ground, including using geophysical ground examination equipment, to determine whether any area should be dug."

The operation, which is expected to last between a week and ten days, follows a request from Greek police for specialist support to follow up one of their lines of inquiry, South Yorkshire Police said.

The new search is centred on a large mound which is now grassed over.
It is near a farmhouse next to the one Ben's grandparents were renovating in 1991.
One theory is that it is building material which was dumped at the time the toddler went missing and the youngster could have been accidentally buried beneath it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/greece/9616676/Ben-Needham-Police-to-dig-up-mound-for-body-of-missing-toddler.html

The photo of the 2012 ‘mound’ shows they are talking about the slope alongside the road in the Needham’s garden:

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 4 Mirror%20reported%20Tom%20Parry%20by%20the%20pile%20of%20rubble%20where%20Ben%20is%20thought%20to%20be%20buried
The mound: Mirror reporter by the now overgrown embankment

On the day Ben went missing a handful of officers arrived in the dark at the house in tiny Iraklis.
But the nearby mound has never been the focus of a proper search.
The site was thick with rubble and rubbish from building work.
Today it forms a steep bank covered by 2ft of grass and weeds grown over soil and lumps of concrete.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needham-may-be-buried-at-a-building-site-845614
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 28.09.16 12:19

I'm thinking I've just dropped in on another planet.

If the UK press are going to report on foreign affairs, I do wish they'd get their act together and report something at least vaguely believable - is it asking too much, or is the reader now expected to do the journalists job for them.  If it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious - just as Andy Redwood and his fellow officers appeared in Praia da Luz to dig up the land.  One minute they're digging outside the property where Ben Needham was said to be last seen (?), then it's down the road a piece in an olive grove and by the way - who put that tree there - don't remember seeing that before?  Out of tiny stones do mighty olive trees grow!  Geeez, it's like a sketch from Monty Python.

This earlier update from the offices of the BBC being a prime example..

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-37493054

This is apparently all because some local bloke made a confession on his deathbed - just like Raymond Hewlett?  Sorry to be graphic but it's what's being reported, If this local man accidentally crushed a child with his very very heavy JCB, wouldn't it have been easier for him to finish the job by turning over the soil (or dirt) containing the remains until all is dispersed?  Not that I think the story is credible.

Is there to be no outcry in blogosphere about the absence of Kerry Needham during this monumental dig - just like was said of Gerry and Kate MCann when Operation Grange excavated the area around the Ocean Club?  The coincidences between the two cases are mounting by the day and just for the record, it was Kerry Needham herself who made a comparison between the case of Madeleine McCann and that of her own predicament, when seeking assistance from the UK authorities.

I despair!

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 28.09.16 14:31

Verdi wrote:I'm thinking I've just dropped in on another planet.

If the UK press are going to report on foreign affairs, I do wish they'd get their act together and report something at least vaguely believable - is it asking too much, or is the reader now expected to do the journalists job for them.  If it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious - just as Andy Redwood and his fellow officers appeared in Praia da Luz to dig up the land.  One minute they're digging outside the property where Ben Needham was said to be last seen (?), then it's down the road a piece in an olive grove and by the way - who put that tree there - don't remember seeing that before?  Out of tiny stones do mighty olive trees grow!  Geeez, it's like a sketch from Monty Python.

This earlier update from the offices of the BBC being a prime example..

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-37493054

This is apparently all because some local bloke made a confession on his deathbed - just like Raymond Hewlett?  Sorry to be graphic but it's what's being reported, If this local man accidentally crushed a child with his very very heavy JCB, wouldn't it have been easier for him to finish the job by turning over the soil (or dirt) containing the remains until all is dispersed?  Not that I think the story is credible.

Is there to be no outcry in blogosphere about the absence of Kerry Needham during this monumental dig - just like was said of Gerry and Kate MCann when Operation Grange excavated the area around the Ocean Club?  The coincidences between the two cases are mounting by the day and just for the record, it was Kerry Needham herself who made a comparison between the case of Madeleine McCann and that of her own predicament, when seeking assistance from the UK authorities.

I despair!
There is another rather eerie parallel between the Madeleine McCann case over the past four years or so, and the way the Ben Needham disappearance is being covered now.

And that is the drip, drip, drip feed of titbits of so-called information, into different media outlets, by unnamed police sources.

In the good old days of (relatively) upright policing, a named Detective Chief Inspector or Superintendent would come on and give a formal update statement to camera. Or in a written statement. Then here would be (or should be) a period of silence until the next formal statement.

In the last 24 hours alone, I've seen reference to:

* claims by the new witness that his friend the digger-driver had looked 'shaken' when he emerged from a police station

* reference to a piece of cloth...

*...which we are now told is 'six inches square' and might or might not be connected to Ben's white T-shirt 

* a piece of sandal without a buckle...

* ...and police making a replica of a sandal Ben was wearing

* this part of the site and that part of the site which is 'of special interest'.

Just like in Praia da Luz in 2014, but very unlike normal practice, the TV and press cameras seem to be welcomed, even encouraged.

In this video clip in the Daily Mirror, http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needham-police-analyse-photo-8929386

...a digger seems to start on cue as the cameraman starts filming, but then does nothing of interest, and then the cameraman pans to a group of people with pickaxes and things who start gesticulating to each other about something.

Forgive me, but it looked more like a film set then a diligent search for a buried toddler

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 28.09.16 15:42

I really do despair - just look at this article from ITV news, it gets more farcical by the minute..

Ben Needham: Picture taken in 1991 could hold clue to whereabouts of missing toddler
***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 4 Stream_img  Police carry out a dig on the Greek island of Kos. Credit: PA
Detectives searching for Ben Needham on Kos believe a photo taken at the time of his disappearance could hold a clue to his whereabouts.
Police believe a tree currently growing near the farmhouse where the 21-month-old toddler was last seen in 1991 was not there at the time of his disappearance.
Officers have been examining a press photograph taken at the time as part of their investigation.
Detective Inspector Jon Cousins, from South Yorkshire Police, told reporters: "A photograph was taken by one of your colleagues a short time after Ben disappeared. We've been able to analyse that with the experts who are here now.
"We're having a look at the area around a tree that's down at the base of the farmhouse because we believe that may not have been there at the time."

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 4 Stream_img
Police are looking into the brown sandals Ben was wearing in this photo. Credit: helpfindben.co.uk
Investigators are also looking at the type of footwear Ben was wearing in the last photo of him (above).
Officers have approached a specialist footwear maker who will make an exact replica of the sandals.
That replica will then be matched against "items of interest" found during searches in 2012.
Specialists have been carrying out a painstaking search of the potential burial site since the beginning of the week.
It comes after a new line of inquiry suggested Ben may have been crushed to death by a digger close to the farmhouse in July 1991.
***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 4 Stream_img  Specialists have been carrying out painstaking work. Credit: PA
 Last updated Wed 28 Sep 2016
----------

So we now have a last photograph to add to the list of ever increasing similarities with the case of Madeleine McCann.

ETA:  Sorry it's a bit of a mess - it's taken on a life of it's own.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 28.09.16 15:54

Verdi wrote:
From the Guardian article by Melanie MacFadyean, March 2009:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ben's uncle, Stephen Needham, lives in the Lincolnshire farm workers' cottage that was his parents' home until they moved to Cyprus. For most of his adult life he has worked on farms, on building sites, or for his father, helping to collect scrap metal. When I visited him last year, he was on disability benefit.

He was born with Perthes' disease, a condition that causes the hip joints to crumble. In the last few years it has started to cause him trouble and will need to be operated on again. "So I'm on the scrap heap," he said, ruefully, "but I like pottering and gardening and decorating and drawing."

Stephen looks a lot like Kerry. He has the same blond hair, the same narrow slanting eyes, high cheekbones and slender build. He said his childhood couldn't have been happier. He loved the journey to Kos, when for two months the family and their Corgi made their way across Europe in the Land Rover, dragging behind them a caravan they slept in. "It was funny, it was fabulous," he said.

Stephen was the last of the family to see Ben. "He said: 'Bike, bike,' and I said, 'No chance, go to Grandad.'" Then Stephen got on his bike and didn't look back.

Because of this, when he was questioned by the police he was singled out. They said that his moped looked as if it had been involved in an accident. Stephen told them about a minor crash a few days before, when he'd swerved to avoid some tourists on quad bikes, which explained the lack of indicators and a smashed fairing. But they weren't satisfied. "You fall off, kill the child, bury him?" the policeman said. The questioning had gone on like this for days. "They tried to break him," was how Eddie had put it, "but there was nothing to break."

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 28.09.16 16:03

Please spare a thought for KERRY at this time, article includes video of her speaking about the investigation, her pain & heartbreak is palpable.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needhams-grandfather-reveals-spoke-8860116

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 28.09.16 16:07

Personally, i think they need to statement analyze the uncle due to the damage on his bike and that he  'disappeared' on it during the same time frame that Ben  vanished.

As has been pointed out, why would the digger driver  cover up what was an accident?
Would the digger driver even know or have seen Ben as he was working?
If he hadn't seen Ben, how would he know that he had killed Ben since he likely would not have felt him under neath the digger (the weight of the digger and the working environment)

If it was an accident as claimed and he told a friend, why would the friend not contact police at the time, accidents happen all the time on building sites.

Could the digger driver be the perfect patsy for a crime committed by someone else?
The 'friend' decides the time is right to now 'confess' what he knew and blamed the now dead driver who could not refute the allegations.

I would ask that all those present that day be re interviewed by a statement analyst who would be able to clear the innocent, hopefully find the guilty (if it was by a family) and learn where Ben was buried

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 28.09.16 16:15

A journalist apparently knew of this information/theory in 2012,as told to him by a Greek detective? He also interviewed 'Dino" Barkas.  
( Includes further interview with Kerry) 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needham-prime-suspect-got-8853313#ICID=sharebar_twitter

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 28.09.16 17:28

MayMuse wrote:A journalist apparently knew of this information/theory in 2012, as told to him by a Greek detective? He also interviewed 'Dino" Barkas.  
( Includes further interview with Kerry) 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needham-prime-suspect-got-8853313#ICID=sharebar_twitter
Oh! That is interesting. Someone's telling fibs and porky pies, then, because the other day we were told Mr Digger-Driver had died only last year from cancer, and was on his death-bed when he 'confessed'. So how come he gave this information out in 2012, four years ago? Has he been on his death-bed for 12 years?

@ Hobs wrote: "I would ask that all those present that day be re interviewed by a statement analyst who would be able to clear the innocent, hopefully find the guilty (if it was by a family) and learn where Ben was buried".

REPLY: Amen. thumbsup  If only we had the transcript of the Greek Police's interviews with Stephen, as we have had, Portugal-style, in the Madeleine McCann case.

@ MayMuse wrote:  "Please spare a thought for KERRY at this time, article includes video of her speaking about the investigation, her pain & heartbreak is palpable".

REPLY: You must think some of us are very nasty on here, doubting the accounts and demeanour of parents of young children who have gone missing or been killed in mysterious circumstances. Many many times journalists have written of how Kate Mcanns' "pain & heartbreak is palpable". We need to bear in mind a number of things. First, in almost all of these cases, it turns out that a member of the close family is directly responsible. Second, parents can act distressed - take the Denise and Karen Matthews case. Third, parents can become distressed because they fear a terrible secret coming out, as well as being genuinely distressed about the loss of their child. So many times we have see tears flow from those who have wickedly killed their children.

=======

P.S.  More press pics coming in by the minute:

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 4 Ben_ne11

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top