The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

NEWSFLASH - The late Sir Clement Freud, resident of Praia da Luz and friend of the McCanns, exposed as a serial paedophile, Lady Freud apologises, Operation Grange to investigate McCann-Freud links (Daily Telegraph 14 Jun 2016)  - Page 10 Mm11

NEWSFLASH - The late Sir Clement Freud, resident of Praia da Luz and friend of the McCanns, exposed as a serial paedophile, Lady Freud apologises, Operation Grange to investigate McCann-Freud links (Daily Telegraph 14 Jun 2016)  - Page 10 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

NEWSFLASH - The late Sir Clement Freud, resident of Praia da Luz and friend of the McCanns, exposed as a serial paedophile, Lady Freud apologises, Operation Grange to investigate McCann-Freud links (Daily Telegraph 14 Jun 2016)  - Page 10 Mm11

NEWSFLASH - The late Sir Clement Freud, resident of Praia da Luz and friend of the McCanns, exposed as a serial paedophile, Lady Freud apologises, Operation Grange to investigate McCann-Freud links (Daily Telegraph 14 Jun 2016)  - Page 10 Regist10

NEWSFLASH - The late Sir Clement Freud, resident of Praia da Luz and friend of the McCanns, exposed as a serial paedophile, Lady Freud apologises, Operation Grange to investigate McCann-Freud links (Daily Telegraph 14 Jun 2016)

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEWSFLASH - The late Sir Clement Freud, resident of Praia da Luz and friend of the McCanns, exposed as a serial paedophile, Lady Freud apologises, Operation Grange to investigate McCann-Freud links (Daily Telegraph 14 Jun 2016)  - Page 10 Empty Re: NEWSFLASH - The late Sir Clement Freud, resident of Praia da Luz and friend of the McCanns, exposed as a serial paedophile, Lady Freud apologises, Operation Grange to investigate McCann-Freud links (Daily Telegraph 14 Jun 2016)

Post by tinkier 17.06.16 20:19

sallypelt wrote:
tinkier wrote:
sallypelt wrote:"Kate and Gerry McCann were two months into the search for their missing daughter Madeleine when they received a letter out of the blue.

It was from Sir Clement Freud, inviting them for a meal at his holiday home in Praia da Luz, a short drive from the Ocean Club, where Madeleine had vanished on May 3, 2007".

I believe this is an extract from Kate's book. Two months from May 3 2007 would suggest that this letter that "came out of the blue" arrived sometime in early July, 2007, yet I can find NO reference to   this letter in Gerry's July 2007 blog. As I've mentioned, I may have missed it, as I did some speed reading of the July blogs, and I may have missed it. BUT if it is not there, why did Kate find it SO important to mention it in her book, 4 years later, AFTER the article about a Portuguese villa was mentioned, at length, just over one month AFTER CF had died.

It all seems rather suspect to me. Or maybe I should turn off my pc, and go do something else. spin
I have also had a look and could see no reference either….knowing Gerry and his usual name dropping, I would of thought he would of mentioned it. Also, why would the Mc's visit CF the very day they were made suspects, why visit someone they supposedly didn't know. Or was that the second visit? What was their reasons for the visits. Was Madeleine taken there and then removed? Was this story concocted incase they were seen? Knowing the lies that Kate has told in her bewk, I doubt very much it was to drink strawberry vodka and eat his risotto! All just my opinion.
Tinker, I have no idea what went on, but as you say, Gerry was a name dropper, without a doubt, yet the letter from CF was NEVER mentioned In his blogs, so why did Kate feel the need to mention it in her book AFTER the article about a villa appeared in May 2009?  One doesn't write a book overnight, yet within less than 2 years (which isn't a long time to write a book) she had published a book, where she mentions the letter and the visits to CF's villa. I find it all suspect, I am sorry to say.
Another cover story hurriedly written in. imo
tinkier
tinkier

Activity : 411

Back to top Go down

NEWSFLASH - The late Sir Clement Freud, resident of Praia da Luz and friend of the McCanns, exposed as a serial paedophile, Lady Freud apologises, Operation Grange to investigate McCann-Freud links (Daily Telegraph 14 Jun 2016)  - Page 10 Empty Re: NEWSFLASH - The late Sir Clement Freud, resident of Praia da Luz and friend of the McCanns, exposed as a serial paedophile, Lady Freud apologises, Operation Grange to investigate McCann-Freud links (Daily Telegraph 14 Jun 2016)

Post by Carrry On Doctor 17.06.16 20:33

May have missed something if already posted, but has a connection between Robert Murat and CF been established ? It would seem extremely unlikely they weren't acquainted in some way.

What was CF's movements that week, and if away, was the villa being used for something ? Other houses around PdL were reputed for hosting sex parties.

I would say there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. The timing and intention behind these revelations may also be significant.
Carrry On Doctor
Carrry On Doctor

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 17.06.16 20:38

tinkier wrote:
sallypelt wrote:"Kate and Gerry McCann were two months into the search for their missing daughter Madeleine when they received a letter out of the blue.

It was from Sir Clement Freud, inviting them for a meal at his holiday home in Praia da Luz, a short drive from the Ocean Club, where Madeleine had vanished on May 3, 2007".

I believe this is an extract from Kate's book. Two months from May 3 2007 would suggest that this letter that "came out of the blue" arrived sometime in early July, 2007, yet I can find NO reference to   this letter in Gerry's July 2007 blog. As I've mentioned, I may have missed it, as I did some speed reading of the July blogs, and I may have missed it. BUT if it is not there, why did Kate find it SO important to mention it in her book, 4 years later, AFTER the article about a Portuguese villa was mentioned, at length, just over one month AFTER CF had died.

It all seems rather suspect to me. Or maybe I should turn off my pc, and go do something else. spin
I have also had a look and could see no reference either….knowing Gerry and his usual name dropping, I would of thought he would of mentioned it. Also, why would the Mc's visit CF the very day they were made suspects, why visit someone they supposedly didn't know. Or was that the second visit? What was their reasons for the visits. Was Madeleine taken there and then removed? Was this story concocted incase they were seen? Knowing the lies that Kate has told in her bewk, I doubt very much it was to drink strawberry vodka and eat his risotto! All just my opinion.

Just an hypothesis mind you, but in the VERY parallel JonBenet Ramsey case, based upon evidence given by a CSA survivor [who is very much like the poor ladies in the Freud case] who had knowledge of the Ramsey case, I would say JBR was killed at a location other than her own home during a BUSY 'holiday' celebration that went terribly wrong.  The complicit parents were forced to quickly remove her body back to their home in order to stage a phony abduction and remove the unfortunate incident from anywhere near the vicinity of the 'prominent male' of the group. So in conclusion, I doubt there would be any evidence found, ever, of her demise at the original crime scene.
whodunit
whodunit

Activity : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 17.06.16 20:42

Carrry On Doctor wrote:May have missed something if already posted, but has a connection between Robert Murat and CF been established ? It would seem extremely unlikely they weren't acquainted in some way.

What was CF's movements that week, and if away, was the villa being used for something ? Other houses around PdL were reputed for hosting sex parties.

I would say there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. The timing and intention behind these revelations may also be significant.

Given the apparent wealth of the Eveleighs and Murat's evident closeness with his relatives, it seems inconceivable that he didn't know or interact with Freud on some level.
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 17.06.16 20:58

whodunit wrote:
Carrry On Doctor wrote:May have missed something if already posted, but has a connection between Robert Murat and CF been established ? It would seem extremely unlikely they weren't acquainted in some way.

Given the apparent wealth of the Eveleighs and Murat's evident closeness with his relatives, it seems inconceivable that he didn't know or interact with Freud on some level.
I think we should be very careful here. It is possible that they were not friends. Very possible. The opposite may also be true but like I say, let's be careful here.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 17.06.16 21:03

ShuBob wrote:
whodunit wrote:

I think we should be very careful here. It is possible that they were not friends. Very possible. The opposite may also be true but like I say, let's be careful here.

I get what you're saying but I am being careful. It SEEMS inconceivable that Freud would not have socialized with wealthy British ex-pats in such a small community. Obviously he may not have but what are the chances? Apparently the holidays at the Villa were quite 'busy'. In any case, openly speculating that Murat may have interacted with Freud on 'some level' is in no way actionable.
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 17.06.16 21:54

ShuBob wrote:
whodunit wrote:

Yes we should be careful but there is one more connection that is very interesting.
Freud´s/Oppenheimer and the coincidence that Mr Edmonds spend his holiday in PDL that week.

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 17.06.16 23:10

whodunit wrote:

Everleighs are close friends of PDL residents Chip and Carol Hawkes. Carol Hawkes worked with Clement Freud on a couple of episodes of 'The Goldon Shot'. And as I mentioned the other day, Carol Hawkes and Clement Freud have a mutual friend in Nicholas Parsons due to Carol being a hostess on Sale of The Century for years and Parsons being a close friend of Freud.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 17.06.16 23:46

How Clement Freud raped me - and why I'm CERTAIN he knew what happened to Maddie: Tortured victim groomed by paedophile MP at the age of 14 says she 'wouldn't be surprised' if he was linked to McCann's disappearance

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3647464/How-Clement-Freud-raped-m-CERTAIN-knew-happened-Maddie-Tortured-victim-groomed-paedophile-MP-age-14-says-wouldn-t-surprised-linked-disappearance.html
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 18.06.16 0:16

Why are these people from out of the blue suddenly linking the disappearance of Madeleine McCann to the past behaviour of Clement Freud.  If this particular woman was abused by the Sir so many years ago why did it take the latest news to prompt her to see a connection?

Discussing Clement Freud is one thing but I think the forum should be very cautious about being too vocal on the subject.  It's one thing to draw on implications as regards the PJ files and associated documentation but to speculate on a connection with this reprobate without evidence is treading on dangerous ground.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 18.06.16 0:20

Edited to add, did the newspaper article spook her, and she felt that she had to mention it in her book, to get in first? It's anyone's guess.

"did the newspaper article spook her, and she felt that she had to mention it in her book"

Very interesting idea..
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 18.06.16 0:45

whodunit wrote:Well well well, the picture becomes clearer.

There is an insistence that CF was not in residence when MBM was reported missing, but what about a few days prior at the time of her death? I wonder if there is any way to verify if he was in residence up until the April 30/May 1 when Robert Murat suddenly had to take an emergency flight to PDL from the UK?

I wonder if the poor woman Sylvia [sorry I'm blanking on her last name atm] ever considered that her parents knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they handed her over to Freud? After all, elite predators do not go about smashing and jemmying shutters, they rely upon the complicity of parents to willingly hand over their children. That way everybody is operating under 'MAD'---Mutually Assured Destruction. Were her parents suddenly flush with cash? Moving in higher social circles? Enjoying various other perks and benefits? All questions that need to be asked...
+1 whodunit, much to my horror
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 18.06.16 3:28

Can anyone remember if the CF 'visit/s' were 'ever' mentioned, by either of the McCan'ts, or S&T Cameron or Justine, BEFORE 2011 when the 'bewk' (exhibit KM1) was published?

Did OG ever 'visit' CF's rented 'villa' after reading the 'bewk', 2011, purely on the basis of 'ruling out' any possibility that MM, had. at any time 'been there' if all 'this' had been/is a 'hoax' disappearance'?

Did OG 'tip the wink' to the PJ to 'visit' CF's rented villa?

If i were a Maddie 'cop' i certainly would have!

Any 'leads' no matter how 'improbable' and all 'that'.

Just a 'thought'.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 18.06.16 10:00

Anyone else feel a tad "uneasy" about this? 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3647464/How-Clement-Freud-raped-m-CERTAIN-knew-happened-Maddie-Tortured-victim-groomed-paedophile-MP-age-14-says-wouldn-t-surprised-linked-disappearance.html

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 18.06.16 13:27

From what's been uncovered so far, it would appear Clement Freud had a penchant for teenage girls - not three year old children.

Think dog alerts - think Eddie and Keela - think forensics.

At present I can't see a possible connection between Freud's residency in PdL and the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  As regards this news report, reads to me like yet another sympathy vote for the McCanns;  another contrived report to show them as the victims and not the perpetrators of a very serious crime.

We shall see - or shall we?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 18.06.16 13:40

I've read the article now three times and what I think of it is not printable!!!
Worms turn and worms also come out of the woodwork! 
Not to minimise the ladies ordeal & suffering but tend to agree it more than appears like a sympathy vote for a certain pair; wonder what OG really think of it all, if they are thinking at all?

It's like trying to pin the tail on the donkey game,when there is no donkey! thinking

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 18.06.16 13:51

Verdi wrote:From what's been uncovered so far, it would appear Clement Freud had a penchant for teenage girls - not three year old children.

At present I can't see a possible connection between Freud's residency in PdL and the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  As regards this news report, reads to me like yet another sympathy vote for the McCanns;  another contrived report to show them as the victims and not the perpetrators of a very serious crime.

I agree Verdi.   McCann PR had to step in quickly and squelch the direction this could go in.  I'm not sure how successful it's been because Kate's grandfatherly reference to Freud, and how jolly they all were over drinks at his house is distinctly cringe worthy now, and we are again reminded of their callous actions and behaviour.
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 18.06.16 13:51

It's interesting because I would have thought the Freud's were quite powerful people, and just because CF has passed on doesn't mean the rest of the family won't sue for things like this. Bearing in mind this would probably have to have the Murdoch seal of approval, well it's interesting. Ultimately it's just an opinion. The only hard evidence of a connection is that they socialised after Madeleine died and probably before, and the article about the 1 million villa under suspicion.
It builds up a picture in my head of Praia da Luz as a very unpleasant place full of expat sex criminals. It seems odd that Kate and Gerry would know about the paedophile connection in this town, clearly before Madeleine died, and yet still decide to holiday there. How did Gerry come by this information that it was a paedophile hotspot? Was it something that was discussed around the dinner table? I've always thought the Mark Warner resort looked quite run down, I don't wish to insult any residents of Praia da Luz but it surprised me that people on their salaries would stay somewhere like that.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 18.06.16 13:52

@verdi
Not only it seems a penchant for teenage girls but home cooked risotto, strawberry vodkas washed down with brandy postulating a depressed, Catholic  nymphomaniac whilst wearing a nightshirt? 

Puts paid to what's under a sporran?   big grin

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.06.16 13:54

Verdi wrote:From what's been uncovered so far, it would appear Clement Freud had a penchant for teenage girls - not three year old children.
Yep.

Hence my question the other day.

This is more paedo-ring fuel thrown on the the fire. 

But there's those pesky dogs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 18.06.16 13:58

Ahhh yes if it wasn't for those "unreliable" dogs & their intelligent findings? 

The more that comes out, the more I feel despair for Madeleine!

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 18.06.16 14:04

MayMuse wrote:I've read the article now three times and what I think of it is not printable!!!
Not to minimise the ladies ordeal & suffering but tend to agree it more than appears like a sympathy vote for a certain pair; wonder what OG really think of it all, if they are thinking at all?

It's like trying to pin the tail on the donkey game,when there is no donkey! thinking
Frankly I think the article is grossly exaggerated - as one has grown to expect from 21st century media reporting.

This woman was a teenager at the time, mixing with the aristocracy - can't tell me she was so naive as to agree to spend the night at the home of a man old enough to be her father.  Besides, if it was my kid she wouldn't have been allowed to stay over even if it was Uncle Clay.  He helps himself to her virginity but she still stays the night in his bed for another dose of the same the following morning?  She returned to the house only to find him in the bathroom covering his dangly bits with a towel (his sporran - I like it:)

Pull the other one - crying wolf if you ask me.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 18.06.16 14:12

pennylane wrote:

I agree Verdi.   McCann PR had to step in quickly and squelch the direction this could go in.  I'm not sure how successful it's been because Kate's grandfatherly reference to Freud, and how jolly they all were over drinks at his house is distinctly cringe worthy now, and we are again reminded of their callous actions and behaviour.
I can't even begin to imagine why Clement Freud took it upon himself to invite the McCanns and their chums over for jollies at his villa.  Judging by the prompt unprecedented intervention of the UK Ambassador, a host of other notable establishment figures, the European tour hosted by the fair hands of Clarence Mitchell, the tidal wave of support offered by the rich and powerful - I'll wager the invitation was arranged by the controller of this never ending saga.

That's where it all starts to get really interesting, where the taboo subject can be introduced with foundation.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 18.06.16 14:21

Verdi wrote:
MayMuse wrote:I've read the article now three times and what I think of it is not printable!!!

Frankly I think the article is grossly exaggerated - as one has grown to expect from 21st century media reporting.

This woman was a teenager at the time, mixing with the aristocracy - can't tell me she was so naive as to agree to spend the night at the home of a man old enough to be her father.  Besides, if it was my kid she wouldn't have been allowed to stay over even if it was Uncle Clay.  He helps himself to her virginity but she still stays the night in his bed for another dose of the same the following morning?  She returned to the house only to find him in the bathroom covering his dangly bits with a towel (his sporran - I like it:)

Pull the other one - crying wolf if you ask me.
Actually the "bathroom" incident seems odd to me; why go into the bathroom whilst he was bathing? Wouldn't you be running for the hills?

The more I think of it the more "gross" the article is whether exaggerated or not;  the same with the recent one of a couple apparently having sex in full view of a little girl in Portugal? The police are investigating after a video of it went viral. Triple gross!!!

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 18.06.16 14:29

Is there absolute proof that they visited CF when they said they did, other than in the book "madeleine"?

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top