The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 4 Mm11

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 4 Mm11

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 4 Regist10

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 4 Empty Re: [Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE

Post by joyce1938 03.01.16 12:15

Just tried to sign.  Must have done it earlier, as told I can't sign it now.  joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 4 Empty Re: [Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE

Post by Liz Eagles 03.01.16 14:02

What is to lose by signing this petition? Madeleine McCann has nothing to lose.

What's wrong with signing a petition that asks what Operation Grange has spent all this time and money on?

Are people supposed to wait for years and years in the hope that OG has achieved anything positive on behalf of Madeleine McCann? or are people supposed to blindly accept that this incredible, iconic case is 'just one of those things that can't be solved' and passively place it in the category of 'mystery'.

I can see no reason why OG should not be challenged as to their expenditure and what they have achieved on behalf of Madeleine McCann. If I were Madeleine's parents I'd be asking the same.

Sign the petition. Nothing bad will come of signing it. Madeleine has nothing left to lose. Sign it to show you care.

Just my opinion of course.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 03.01.16 14:40

Thank you all for your very nice messages - all appropriate and very relevant.

If you visit the link: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/108562

you will see that 1,035 have now signed - thanks to everyone who has done so today.

You can also see on a map whereabouts in the country the signatories are - by county or district. Click on 'Show on the map' just below where you see the number of signers.

The dark bits are where most people have signed.

They seem to be mainly Glasgow and Leicestershire!

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by shabba 03.01.16 15:00

Signed-1036.
shabba

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 03.01.16 22:41

shabba wrote:Signed-1036.
Thank you @ shabba and all who have signed or promoted the petition today.

At the end of the day we now have 1,053 signatures so the petition has risen a further four places in the rankings to 386th.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 06.01.16 12:48

Bumping this up. I hope it's bumped up everyday.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.01.16 13:09

aquila wrote:Bumping this up. I hope it's bumped up everyday.
Thank you  @ Aquila

The current stats are that 1,079 have signed, making it the 385th most popular petition out of a total of 4,620 on the Prime Minister's website (that number keeps growing all the time).

Maybe I could mention what we can do with this petition when it is closed.

One possibility is to once again deliver the petition to No. 10 Downing Street as some of us did in person in 2010 with another Madeleine petition.

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 4 Mf0210a.jpg.w560h420

The Prime Minister and police allow a maximum of six to deliver the petition in person.  They allow photos to be taken outside of No. 10, and then a flunkey receives the petition. The Prime Minister answers in person a few days later. 

It may be that many people will regard this as little more than a wasted gesture - but can I extend an invitation now to anybody who would like to join us in doing this to send me a 'pm'. The petition closes on 22 April so I am looking at booking a date in May. These things have to be arranged well in advance; the police need your name and address - and on the day you have to bring your passport with you for I.D. purposes.

But in the light of revelations about G4S staff being deployed in Operation Grange, it surely becomes still more evident day by day that the public are entitled to answers from both the police and the McCann Team as to what precisely has been achieved by the total expenditure of approaching £20 million on various investigations. I am not aware of one single thing they have yet discovered about who took her or where she might have been taken. After around £20 million has been spent!

When I think that 1,079 people is but a fraction of the total numbers who, I'm sure, would readily sign this petition if only they knew about it, I do however console myself with the thought that 1,078 of my fellow-citizens (so far) have stood shoulder to shoulder with me and signed the petition - for Madeleine.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/108562

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 4 Empty Petition now over1,000

Post by willowthewisp 07.01.16 14:40

Hi Mr Tony Bennett,I have voted in the petition and I know it is some what irrelevant to your campaign,but when the likes of Donald Trump seems to have such a vast following,that the "House of Common's is to debate" as to whether or not he should be able to come to the UK where he has business interests? 
That due to his statements in the current climate,beggars belief, that the possible demise of a UK(Madeleine McCann) subject nearly eight years ago seemingly doe's not amount to the same enormity to the members of Parliament,or the UK public,but they still choose to buy the News Papers with such blatant front page lies as headline news of the former chief on the case who was dismissed at the behest of a Former UK Prime Minister and an EU joining deal in 2007?
We can only hope that the UK public,"Wake up and smell the coffee" in regard to what is happening to the Justice system in the UK,of which seems to be if you have cronies in high positions of power you can escape criminal convictions,which seems to be the case?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 18.01.16 8:18

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 4 Zb85h3JaNL03GWPdRhQFpEBAvdbRBAEMQJlEUEQxAiURQRBECNQFhEEQYxAWUQQBDECZRFBEMQIlEUEQRAjUBYRBEGMQFlEEAQxAmURQRDECJRFBEEQI1AWEQRBjEBZRBAEMQJlEUEQxAiURQRBECNQFhEEQYz4f7GDTSwfU1fzAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

1146 signatures now.....still more needed yet!

At least one person doesn't want Op Grange to answer the question of what they've spent £12million on, with no results.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41605

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 18.01.16 9:06

If you look at this link:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions?page=9

...it will tell you that at this moment there is a total of 5,050 petitions on the Prime Minister's website, with the Madeleine McCann petition currently 408th in the list.

That means that there are currently 407 petitions with more signatures, but 4,642 with fewer signatures. 

In answer to 'Dave Heavy', whoever he is, we want to know, in simple terms, what the investment of £12 million and nearly five years, plus trawling through tens of thousands of documents, 30 visits to Praia da Luz and detectives riding in an Alouette Mark III helicopter over some waste ground inPraia da Luz has actually achieved. In specific terms, what more do we know about (a) why Madeleine was reported missing (b) what happened to her and (c) where her, or her body, was taken? 

To answer Heavy's second question, IF they provide an answer, then we will examine it. Just as we have examined that garbage of the October 2013 BBC Crimewatch McCann Show.        

++++++   

Every signature makes a difference.

Every signature shows concern about what happened to Madeleine, and about the deeply strange workings of Operation Grange.

Please, if you've not already signed the petition, please do it now, it only takes 2 minutes.

And if you HAVE already signed it, please get at least one other person you know to sign it, e-mail others you know about it, and promote it on social media.

THANKS!   

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 4 Empty New petiton attempt by Timothy Mark Smith

Post by Tony Bennett 27.01.16 8:23

A McCann-sceptic called Timothy Mark Smith has tried to start another Madeleine McCann petition on the Prime Minister's website. In it, he called for an 'independent inquiry' into the British police investigations - which is very similar in wording to the one I launched in 2013 on the PM's site under the last Coalition government. That one called for a 'public enquiry with the power to summon witnesses'.

Tim's petition has been rejected on the ground that it is 'very similar' to my own (see below).

I may add that it took weeks to get my current petition past the government Petitions Committee. There were a number of legal objections to my original proposed wording, and I had to make compromises and tone down the wording. Having said that, the lady I dealt with at the House of Commons was helpful and constructive. Here's the answer Tim got:

=======================

Dear Timothy Mark Smith,

We rejected the petition you created – “An independent inquiry into the M McCann police investigations and costs in UK.”.

There’s already a petition about this issue. We cannot accept a new petition when we already have one about a very similar issue.

You are more likely to get action on this issue if you sign and share a single petition.

Click this link to see your rejected petition:
View your rejected petition

We only reject petitions that don’t meet the petition standards:
https://petition.parliament.uk/help#standards

If you want to try again, click here to start a petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/check

Thanks,
The Petitions team
UK Government and Parliament

==================================

The petition had a great day yesterday with 133 signatures added. Another 23 were added overnight, so the total is now 1,355

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 27.01.16 9:17

It's 1,361 now Tony thumbsup

Thank you Richard  roses

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverspeed 27.01.16 23:13

Thought I had signed this before but apparently not. I have now though.

Well done Tony.
Silverspeed
Silverspeed

Activity : 443

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 27.01.16 23:46

I don't think you would be allowed to sign a 2nd time.  I forgot I had signed this, then when I tried to do so, told me I had already signed.  joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 28.01.16 7:41

joyce1938 wrote:I don't think you would be allowed to sign a 2nd time.  I forgot I had signed this, then when I tried to do so, told me I had already signed.  joyce1938
Thank you for signing @ joyce1938 and to everyone else who has taken the trouble to sign.

This morning it has 1,476 signatures.

There are currently a total of 5,465 petitions listed on the PM's website. This Madeleine petition is now ranked 390th.

So 389 petitions currently have more signatures, while 5,075 have fewer.

So in three months it has climbed the 'ladder' above 5,075 other petitions.

I am advised that we could get this number much higher by clever use of social media. If anyone has any good ideas, please post them here. One suggestion I have had is to create #MadeleinePetition hashtag on Twitter.

Would that work?

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 28.01.16 8:14

I wouldn't call it #MadeleinePetition

Madeleine who?

Maybe #MadeleineMcCannPetition

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 4 Empty Where are the petition-signers

Post by Tony Bennett 04.02.16 14:08

Total signatures have reached 1,559.

If you look at the petition page, here:

...there is a link which says 'Show on a Map', which takes you to a map of every Parliamentary constituency - showing how many have signed in each constituency. If you hover the cursor over your area on the map, it will show you how many have signed in your consitituency. The darker each area, the more that have signed.   

Here are the constituencies where 8 or more have signed so far, with Halton top of the list:

Halton (Widnes & Runcorn) 13

Weston-super-Mare 11
Lanark E and Hamilton 11

St. Helens S and Whiston 9
N. Ayrshire and Arran 9
Bournemouth East 9

Sutton Coldfield 8
Wellingborough 8
Newcastle-on-Tyne N. 8
Bolton West 8

It would be great if anyone who hasn't yet signed it could do so - and help create a few more dark shades on the map.

And THANKS again to all who have taken the trouble to sign so far

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.02.16 18:36

Looks like Katie Hopkins' article has given the petition a much needed boost. Could be 2,000 signatures before the end of this evening if it gathers up more steam. :-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.02.16 12:11

2000 signatures! https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/108562
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 27.02.16 0:06

melisande wrote:2000 signatures!  https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/108562
Another two days, and we've crossed the 2,100 mark - now 2,105 signatures.

How good it would be to get a lot more, though.

We have another 56 days left to increase the total. The petition must end on 22 April.

Please consider signing the petition if you haven't yet - and join the 2,105 of us who have:   https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/108562

Also, if you are on any social media, do give the petition another plug; most people won't mind another reminder - and it always leads to extra signatures.

TIA!

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 27.02.16 9:43

KH has just tweeted this:

Katie Hopkins ‏

[ltr]@KTHopkins[/ltr]

57s58 seconds ago
McCann wanted 1 million to sign up to Child Rescue Alert with @TheSun. Still 965,000 off target. Brits will not back the face of negligence

Is she aware of the Grange petition? Can someone who tweets send a link to get it out to her 624k followers?
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 27.02.16 10:02

Doug D wrote:KH has just tweeted this:

Katie Hopkins ‏

[ltr]@KTHopkins[/ltr]

57s58 seconds ago
McCann wanted 1 million to sign up to Child Rescue Alert with @TheSun. Still 965,000 off target. Brits will not back the face of negligence

Is she aware of the Grange petition? Can someone who tweets send a link to get it out to her 624k followers?
I've just tweeted her the links to the Grange petition, Richard's films and this forum.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 03.03.16 10:35

2,142 signatures to date - and I'm pleased, in updating the numbers who have signed in each constituency, to see that my own constituency of Harlow has shot up into second place.

All those constituencies where 9 or more have signed so far listed below:

Halton (Widnes & Runcorn) 15

Harlow 13
Newcastle-upon-Tyne N 13

Lanark E and Hamilton 12

Weston-super-Mare 11

Oldham E and Saddleworth 10
St. Helens N 10
St. Helens S and Whiston 10

N. Ayrshire and Arran 10

Bournemouth East 9
Wellingborough 9
Bolton West 9
North Down (N. Ireland) 9
Leeds East 9

There are now 40 days left to collect as many signatures as we can:

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.03.16 11:57

Good to see the petition has reached nearly 2,200 signatures but I am surprised that with all the flurry of stories in the media,  it hasn't reached the 10,000 mark or even the 100,000 given the amount of negative reaction from the public recently.  Could it be that it just isn't known about enough?  It's a pity because something like this going viral surely would have given the government that much needed 'kick up the ass' to move things forward or am I just being a bit naive/impatient.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 12.03.16 12:26

melisande wrote:Good to see the petition has reached nearly 2,200 signatures but I am surprised that with all the flurry of stories in the media, it hasn't reached the 10,000 mark or even the 100,000 given the amount of negative reaction from the public recently.  Could it be that it just isn't known about enough?  It's a pity because something like this going viral surely would have given the government that much needed 'kick up the ass' to move things forward or am I just being a bit naive/impatient.
It is hard to get any publicity for the petition outside the forums, FB groups and blogs that discuss Madeleine.

And even then, some of those forums, blogs and groups have refused to even mention the petition.

I am going to try to promote the petition on a few other Twitter #hashtags to see if that will bring in more signatures.

We still have 41 days left to get signatures:

And thanks once more to the 2,181 who so far have showed enough concern about the extraordinary conduct of the British police, and in particular Operation Grange, by signing the petition 

thumbup

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top