The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 2 Mm11

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 2 Mm11

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 2 Regist10

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 2 Empty Re: [Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE

Post by cbeagle 23.10.15 4:25

Signed. Grange has got live up to ok its open and transparent policy.
cbeagle

Activity : 132

Back to top Go down

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 2 Empty Re: [Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE

Post by Tony Bennett 23.10.15 7:52

cbeagle wrote:Signed. Grange has got live up to its open and transparent policy.

thumbup

I believe Kate McCann once wrote that she wanted the workings of the Find Madeleine fund and the McCann Team's private investigations team to be 'open and transparent.

PETITION UPDATE 7.50am:

This morning,  533 have signed.

There are currently  2,372 petitions on the Prime Minister's website.

Already, after less than 24 hours, this Madeleine petition stands in 306th place   (i.e. it's already ahead of 2,066 other petitions]

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 23.10.15 11:25

578 now and signed.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna 23.10.15 11:26

and I'm number 579...
comperedna

Activity : 781

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 23.10.15 11:31

comperedna wrote:and I'm number 579...
thumbup

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 23.10.15 12:18

Juulcy wrote:I supposed you have to be British (or live in Britain) to sign?
Theoretically yes winkwink !

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 23.10.15 12:25

sonic72 wrote:
Verdi wrote:
sonic72 wrote:As much as it pains me to say it, this probably wont reach the 100,000 required, petitions rarely do because most people are too lazy to take a minute to sign it. They know this, hence the 100,000 limit, it's a deliberate obstacle.

I will sign it and wish you all the luck in reaching 100k, I hope this petition proves my theory wrong.
I'm sure the McCanns and their extensive support network will be signing, once they are acquainted with it's existence - HOLA Michael, the Wright man!  It's in their interest to know how Operation Grange has progressed over the past 4+ years - isn't it?
I like your thinking! It might make them look bad for not getting behind it, but they'll always have some excuse like OG informs the Mccanns directly or something along those lines. Either way the public deserves to know what is happening, it's our taxes that are invested in this operation.

Hopefully DCI Wall might be more vocal soon, not heard a peep in a long time, unless she is staying silent because she's getting on with doing a proper job of investigating the real culprits.
Updates - May 2015

"We are also buoyed and reassured by the unwavering commitment and continued progress being made in the investigation. We are really grateful to the Metropolitan Police team for their conscientiousness, patience, consideration shown to us and above all, their will to find Madeleine and determine what has happened..."

Kate and Gerry (the official find madeleine site)

Well, there's a whole world out there that would also like to be reassured - here's your chance folks..

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/108562

ETA:  DCI 'I nick 'em before they realise they've been nicked' Wall?  Don't hold your breath - promises and pie crusts..

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 23.10.15 12:44

A message to all those people out there who claim to seek justice in the name of Madeleine McCann - don't be deluded nor distracted by a touch of irony or clouded by pursuance of personal vendettas.  Get your act together and sign here..

The true purpose of this petition does not, I repeat loud DOES NOT, interfere with any ongoing investigation, to profess so shows unparelled ignorance  and bias towards injustice, which defeats the endeavours os so many over the past eight + years to find the truth about MBM's disappearance.

So, fingers on the button for a starter of ten..

thumbsup

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 23.10.15 13:00

Verdi wrote:A message to all those people out there who claim to seek justice in the name of Madeleine McCann - don't be deluded nor distracted by a touch of irony or clouded by pursuance of personal vendettas.  Get your act together and sign here...

The true purpose of this petition does not, I repeat loud DOES NOT, interfere with any ongoing investigation...So, fingers on the button for a starter of ten..

agree

Thank you all. The number of signers a few moments ago reached:

...placing it, already, after barely 24 hours, 290th amongst the 2,380 current petitions on the Prime Minister's website.

I have been asked questions about the purpose of the petition.  

Many of you will have noted that the supporting statement to my petition includes these words:

The report should cover the role of the government, the security services and UK police forces.  

One of my aims in launching this petition is certainly to draw people's attention to the role of the government and various security services, such as Special Branch, CEOP, the government-funded Control Risks Group and MI5 in this case from Day One. 

To sign, please click here.

You are required to give you name and e-mail address, but these are not published

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 23.10.15 13:08

Verdi wrote:Well done that man!

The cynic in me tells that it will never happen, it will however be very interesting to see how they get out of it.  What clause of what law can they hide behind, what by-law or government code of practice or guideline, or what human rights violation, what traffic offence? 

Short of that, should they feel compelled to respond, I foresee some vague account of income and expenditure, summarized into administration costs, campaign costs, telecom payments, website management, clothing allowance, travel expenses - in fact rather like the Find Madeleine Fund!

I envisage the following :

Expenditure of Operation Grange

Sundries = £12 million quid.

Right, I'm off to sign the petition.
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 23.10.15 13:13

My signature has just rolled it on to 606.   clapping
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 23.10.15 15:48

For all those reluctant souls who feel reticent about doing something positive, see here..

Asked by Lord Black of Brentwood - 8th September 2015

Home Office  -  Madeleine McCann

To ask Her Majesty’s Government what has been the cost to date of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, Operation Grange; what provision has been made for funding the operation in the future; and what criteria they are using to judge how long funding should continue.

Answered by Lord Bates - 16th September 2015

The total cost of the investigation, into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann (Operation Grange), up until end of June 2015, is £10.1m. The Home Office has budgeted £2m for the investigation in 2015/16.

The Home Office funds this work from the Special Grant budget. The level of funding provided to the Metropolitan Police in relation to this investigation is reviewed regularly and will continue to be monitored.

----------

Asked by Lord Black of Bentwood - 20th October 2015

To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord Bates on 16 September (HL2087), whether they have established success criteria for the budgeted spend of £2 million for Operation Grange in 2015–16.

Asked by Lord Black of Brentwood - 20th October 2015

Home Office  -  Missing Persons: Children

To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord Bates on 16 September (HL2087), whether they have any plans to spend an amount equivalent to the spending on Operation Grange in 2015–16 on the search for Ben Needham, or other missing children; and if not, why not.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-questions-answers/?page=1&max=20&questiontype=AllQuestions&house=lords&member=4171&keywords=grange

(NOTE:  The Home Office has budgeted 2 million quid for the investigation in 2015/2016)
----------

As the saying goes - if it's good enough for Nelson then it's good enough for me!  Or was that a song?  So all you laid back adversaries grab the opportunity to make a difference, this doesn't cost anything but a minute of time which after eight years is nothing, do the right thing - you know it makes sense.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 23.10.15 16:21

I've just signed and it's up to 629.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuey-Brown 23.10.15 16:36

Verdi wrote:For all those reluctant souls who feel reticent about doing something positive, see here..

Asked by Lord Black of Brentwood - 8th September 2015

To ask Her Majesty’s Government what has been the cost to date of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, Operation Grange; what provision has been made for funding the operation in the future; and what criteria they are using to judge how long funding should continue.

Answered by Lord Bates - 16th September 2015

The total cost of the investigation, into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann (Operation Grange), up until end of June 2015, is £10.1m. The Home Office has budgeted £2m for the investigation in 2015/16.

The Home Office funds this work from the Special Grant budget. The level of funding provided to the Metropolitan Police in relation to this investigation is reviewed regularly and will continue to be monitored.

----------

Asked by Lord Black of Bentwood - 20th October 2015

To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord Bates on 16 September (HL2087), whether they have established success criteria for the budgeted spend of £2 million for Operation Grange in 2015–16.

Asked by Lord Black of Brentwood - 20th October 2015

Home Office  -  Missing Persons: Children

To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord Bates on 16 September (HL2087), whether they have any plans to spend an amount equivalent to the spending on Operation Grange in 2015–16 on the search for Ben Needham, or other missing children; and if not, why not.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-questions-answers/?page=1&max=20&questiontype=AllQuestions&house=lords&member=4171&keywords=grange

(NOTE:  The Home Office has budgeted 2 million quid for the investigation in 2015/2016)
----------

As the saying goes - if it's good enough for Nelson then it's good enough for me!  Or was that a song?  So all you laid back adversaries grab the opportunity to make a difference, this doesn't cost anything but a minute of time which after eight years is nothing, do the right thing - you know it makes sense.

Excellent work Tony.

Signed up myself as saw it mentioned on twitter.

Keep up the splendid work. Im a newbie but find this forum fascinating.
Stuey-Brown

Activity : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuey-Brown 23.10.15 16:59

Sorry that was in a reply to verdi and not mr bennett.

Trying to find my way round. So much info it gets confusing.
Stuey-Brown

Activity : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 23.10.15 19:51

Stuey-Brown wrote:Sorry that was in a reply to verdi and not mr bennett.

You were right first time Stuey-Brown - this is all the work of Tony Bennett!  I'm just infuriated because people are shrugging it aside for all the wrong reasons, not because they object to the idea in principle but because they strongly object to the person who has initiated the petition.  How juvenile (and transparent) can you get, I wonder what their reaction might have been had it been one of their minority group who kick started it.

The prevailing wind (pardon the expression) appears to be that this petition is interfering with a criminal investigation - does it then follow that Lord Black of Brentwood is interfering with a live criminal investigation by raising questions in the House of Lords?  I doubt it!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 23.10.15 20:08

Verdi wrote:

You were right first time Stuey-Brown - this is all the work of Tony Bennett! 
Stuey-Brown was a rogue invader from another forum, once again trying to divert us from our work here. But thank you for your comments anyway. Stuey-Brown outstayed his short-lived welcome, so is no longer with us, but if his history over the past two years is anything to go by, he will shortly by using yet another internet proxy e-mail address and registering under his nth username, in order to cause us more grief if he can

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 23.10.15 20:40

Tony Bennett wrote:
Verdi wrote:

You were right first time Stuey-Brown - this is all the work of Tony Bennett! 
Stuey-Brown was a rogue invader from another forum, once again trying to divert us from our work here. But thank you for your comments anyway. Stuey-Brown outstayed his short-lived welcome, so is no longer with us, but if his history over the past two years is anything to go by, he will shortly by using yet another internet proxy e-mail address and registering under his nth username, in order to cause us more grief if he can
Ah ha!  So a sort of sticky brown - I thought the style of writing appeared a bit peculiar.  Still, at least my reply won't be wasted, for sure it will be repeated for the benefit of other brownies (in case they've missed it).  I wouldn't normally reply to such a nondescript post but I can't take the credit for someone else's good work.

It's as well you guys can instantly recognize interlopers before they do too much damage.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 2 Empty UPDATE

Post by Tony Bennett 23.10.15 22:51

Tonight:

660 signatures

currently 279th most-supported petition out of 2,403 on the PM's website

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 24.10.15 0:43

Signed (and I've just become a British citizen :))
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 24.10.15 8:29

maebee wrote:Signed (and I've just become a British citizen :))
thumbup Thanks!

Not sure if you've gone through the proper procedures? >>>>

Wikipedia

Access to British citizenship for Irish citizens

As a result of the above, there is generally no special access to British citizenship for Irish citizens. The facility for those born before 1949 to claim British subject status does not confer British citizenship, although it gives an entitlement to registration as such after five years in the UK.
Irish citizens seeking to become British citizens are usually required to live in the UK and become naturalised after meeting the normal residence and other requirements, unless they can claim British citizenship by descent from a UK born or naturalised parent. An Irish citizen who naturalises as a British citizen does not automatically lose Irish citizenship.
Naturalisation as a British citizen is a discretionary power of the Secretary of State for the Home Department but will generally not be refused if the requirements are met.

Petition update: 681 signatures

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC 24.10.15 8:52

Signed (with great pleasure). thumbsup

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay
MrsC
MrsC

Activity : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyc 24.10.15 11:48

I signed about an hour ago to make it 688, just checked now and it's 693.

Best wishes and keep up with the good work Tony and the unsung heroes at CMoMM. thumbsup
sammyc
sammyc

Activity : 383

Back to top Go down

[Petition closed, with 3,111 signatures] MADELEINE MCCANN PETITION ON PM's WEBSITE CALLING FOR A FULL REPORT FROM OPERATION GRANGE - Page 2 Empty 279th

Post by Tony Bennett 24.10.15 18:31

sammyc wrote:I signed about an hour ago to make it 688, just checked now and it's 693. Best wishes and keep up with the good work Tony and the unsung heroes at CMoMM.
The signatures now top 700 and stand at 703.  

That places it 279th out of 2,403 petitions on the PM's website, after just over 2 days.

But now the hard work begins, after the initial surge of signatures.

I've noted that those backing the petition are those who are either sure that Operation Grange is some sort of cover-up, or people who at least entertain doubts about the disproportionate cost and the lack of results. We all know there are tens of thousands out there who share these views.

But how to reach them, without the help of the mass media?

It has to be done by 'word of mouth', for example;

* speaking to or emailing our close relatives and friends prompting them to sign 
* e-mailing our contacts who might be sympathetic to the petition aims
* repetition on FB groups and Twitter and other social media, especially whenever Madeleine is in the news
* carry a note of the link in your purse or wallet to give to people you meet and get talking to.

We can get the numbers signing this petition a long way above where we are now, but it will require some effort on our behalf. 

The nay-sayers who do not support the petition seem to be mostly folk who are wholly convinced that Grange is a sincere and honest attempt to get to the truth, despite the remit, despite the plethora of absurd suspects and 'persons of interest', and despite the obvious lack of results after 4 years and 5 months, and over 2 years after the BBC Crimewatch McCann Special.  And there aren't many who still think that way.

Here's the link again, please do what you can to actively promote it:

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by trotter1 24.10.15 18:52

704 now with mine ( plus I've posted the link to my followers on twitter )
trotter1

Activity : 22

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top