The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008 - Page 3 Mm11

SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008 - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008 - Page 3 Mm11

SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008 - Page 3 Regist10

SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Did the Smiths effectively become McCann supporters after January 2008?

SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008 - Page 3 Vote_lcap37%SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 92 ]
SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008 - Page 3 Vote_lcap54%SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 135 ]
SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008 - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 22 ]

Total Votes : 249

SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008 - Page 3 Empty Re: SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008

Post by TheTruthWillOut 24.08.15 19:16

here you go Mo: http://library.college.police.uk/docs/J_Homicide_MII/J_Homicide_4.2.pdf
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008 - Page 3 Empty Re: SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008

Post by Mo 24.08.15 19:35

Thank you!  smilie
Mo

Activity : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 24.08.15 19:52

Tony Bennett wrote:
I think it all hangs on this question:

Is Operation Grange:

(a) a wholehearted, no-holds-barred, ruthless search for the truth? - and was the BBC Crimewatch McCann Special on 14 October 2013 a sincere, bona fide effort by one of the Met's most brilliant detectives to attempt to find that man who really was carrying Madeleine towards the beach at about 10.00pm on 3 May 2007?

For me the answer lies in these questions:

• Who was it that "persuaded" (blackmailed) the Prime Minister to set up Operation Grange?
  • Who is the one (and probably only) person to have benefitted from the setting up of Operation Grange?

Once this circus  review was set up we had news reports galore on its progress, most of it bogus but we even had Deadwood Redwood and his team fly over to Portugal, imo purely for photo shoots for the press.

Rebekah Brooks blackmailed the Prime Minister, how do we know that she didn't also blackmail a few dodgy cops at NSY?   We know that they exist, even Theresa May admitted to this.

How can an investigation set up purely to satisfy the  needs of a corrupt and glorified journalist be a genuine and wholehearted, no-holds-barred, ruthless search for the truth?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11199

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 25.08.15 0:18

@ Mo - reference your post up the thread, where you wrote this (your post in blue, my replies in black):

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tony back in 2011/12 there are threads on this forum and others stating Jane Tanner fabricated her evidence and was not truthful about Tannerman - Operation Grange felt the same and disposed of him on Crimewatch in front of over 6 million people watching. ABDUCTOR NUMBER 1 DISPOSED OF!

REPLY:  Yes, Crimewatch/Redwood said that Tannerman was no abductor. In fact he was Crecheman! One fabrication replaced by another one in the opinion of many, myself included. But what a masterstroke by Redwood (if you believed him):
1. Jane Tanner rescued as an honest witness
2.  More time to invent an abductor: 9.10pm to 10.00pm - 50 minutes - instead of the 5-minute window for the abduction given by Tanner's sighting.       

Only a week or two ago TTWO (I think) posted some information about how Crimewatch works behind the scenes - which fits in nicely with what DCI Redwood did with the e-fits.  

REPLY: Hmmm, maybe they do 'work behind the scenes', as you put it. But this was different.

Was the acted reconstruction anything like a true reconstruction of that evening's events - IMO, NO.  
Did Crecheman ever exist? - a man who kept silent for 6 years? Highly unlikely IMO.
Were those e-fits really produced by the Smiths? - The evidence is very strongly against it IMO.

No, on this occasion, Crimewatch appears to have been engaged in mass deception.

Smithman
As you have stated Brian Kennedy hired Melissa Little to put the e-fits together

REPLY AND CORRECTION: Brian Kennedy called in Melissa Little to do (A) the sketch of Tannerman and, later (B) the sketch of 'Monsterman'/'George Harrison man' (NOTW, January 2008).  Brian Kennedy called in those two rogues Kevin Halligen and Henri Exton to arrange for the e-fits to be produced.

which I might add did GM no favours whatsoever.  

The McCanns have sat on these e-fits for god knows how long and then they were passed to Operation Grange (not sure if this was by the McCanns or their PI's).

REPLY: This is the history of the e-fits from what we have been told:

1. Produced in spring/summer 2008 by Henri Exton
2. Passed by the McCanns to both the PJ and Leicestershire Police 'by October 2009' (McCanns' words)
3. No action on the e-fits by either the private PIs, Leicestershire Police or the PJ
4. R-fits handed to Operation Grange spring 2011 by the McCanns, just after OG was set up
5. No action on the e-fits by Grange until Crimewatch Special, well over two years later.

If your case is that 'the McCanns sat on the e-fits', you would also need to explain why OG sat on them for some two and a half years (may 2011 to October 2013).    

Operation Grange also sat on these e-fits for a number of months, why?

REPLY: Two years and 5 months, see above

because they have no relevance.

REPLY: Yet Redwood told the nation that they were 'the centre of our focus' and urged his British audience of 6.7 million to help find him

I can imagine before the program went live, DCI Redwood informing the Control Room taking the calls from the public that they would be inundated with calls.  What did people on the forums think of them?  Well from what I've read some people think it's GM, some say it could be anybody, some say one of them or both look like somebody who lives down their road - and that is what Operation Grange think. ABDUCTION NUMBER 2 DISPOSED OF.  What was telling was the way the Mc's looked frightened really frightened and that will not have gone unnoticed!

REPLY: Sorry, Mo, I don't buy any of that one bit. A number of people have made great play of Gerry looking 'frightened', allegedly because one of the two e-fits projected above him looks like him. I understood in fact that that image was photoshopped. Even if it wasn't, OK, Gerry McCann looked tense that evening. If you look again in detail at my OP and see how the McCanns have systematically made use of the Smithman sighting since January 2008, even taking the liberty of altering Martin Smith's statement to make the age of the man he said he saw 34-35 instead of what he told the police: 40 - you'll surely understand that the McCanns have nothing to fear from Smithman. 

The McCanns had been promoting Smithman for nearly five years before the Crimewatch programme. What a good 'break' for them when Redwood (cough) 'found' Crecheman and in effect told the McCanns: 'Right, we've found Crecheman, now at last we can make good use of that Smithman sighting you've been promoting for the past five years. And we have another 45 minutes for the abduction to take place!'  

Snr Amaral stated in his book that there was an accident and the little girl died in the apartment

REPLY: Slightly different, he said he had NO EVIDENCE that her presumed death in the apartment was anything other than an accident supposed.

Sir Bernard Hogen-Howe said something along the lines of the or that dead girl 

DCI Redwood has stated she may have died in the apartmen 5a

REPLY: Yes, both are IMO helping the public to prepare for the eventual 'revelation' that the abductor killed Madeleine in the apartment  o and then ran off with her dead body.

THE DOGS -
and what was encouraging was the support given to Snr Amaral by the MPS on the Gofundme.  It takes a lot of officers to donate £1000!

REPLY: That means nothing if this is a massive cover-up led by the nation's top politicians  

This why Jane Tanner's and the Smith family sightings have no relevance.

REPLY: As I said above, the Smithman sighting is of massive relevance. The BBC together with Operation Grange achieved their goal of influencing public perception. It was a masterstroke:   

1. Jane Tanner rescued as an honest witness

2.  More time to invent an abductor: 9.10pm to 10.00pm - 50 minutes - instead of the 5-minute window for the abduction given by Tanner's sighting

3.  A credible abductor - Smithman.  

As I don't have a telly, I watched the Crimewatch McCann Special with a couple on my estate. Those three things are exactly what they both believed. Job done! And into the bargain they both thought what a marvellous job the Met Police had done!!        

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf4wVANuNRY  -  This was Wendy Murphy's opinion which many other people have an opinion - the unfortunate thing is they talked over each other which I found irritating!

REPLY: There is a verbatim transcript of that interview on this forum.

WM could be right it probably was a PR exercise but the police do have to be good at PR see:

REPLY: Back to my point about the couple on my estate. They believed the BBC and Redwood. They saw nothing amiss with what they thought was a genuine reconstruction of the night's events. They were mightily impressed that Crecheman had been 'found'. They were sure that the Irish family really did see a man walking towards the beach at 10.00pm carrying Madeleine. And so on.  Most of the other 6.7 million viewers would have thought exactly the same.

This is a case where the media men and propagandists have had a field day, from Mitchell to Brunt, from Bell Pottinger to the BBC, from Rebekah Brooks to the Prime Minister's Director of Communications, Andy Coulson - all these and a clutch of other PR types have held most of the country spellbound. 

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008 - Page 3 Empty Smithman 8

Post by willowthewisp 25.08.15 11:39

Hi Mr Bennett (Tony),
I wish to applaud the time and effort you have dedicated to this forum and finding out the truth of what happened to Madeleine Mccann on 3 May 2007 in apartment 5 a Ocean Club Apartment.
Your latest post describes as to what a farcical production Crime Watch was to the public in October 2013 as a deception to indicate a reason to the public that Madeleine McCann was "abducted by as yet an unknown person(s)"?
It is rather amazing that the supposed group of friends who were the last people possibly to have seen an a live Madeleine,"a pact of silence"produced duplicity accounts of what happened and there whereabouts and not take part in a reconstruction in Portugal, but then chose to take part in Dave Edgars production/reconstruction of 3 May 2007, were GMc decides on which side of the road he was when Jane Tanner states the opposite, then has an "Emotional moment", was this the truth sinking in of what they had taken part in?
In fact do you think that Crime Watch may have been used in the last eight years to facilitate some persons perception on the case by having a some what closer relationship on the facts of the case and should have used the PJ files and the statements taken from the Tapas friends, staff from Mark Warner/Ocean Club staff of there wherabouts?
It is quite clear there is a cover up and I suppose the only alternative would be a public inquiry but there is no likelihood of that when we will have "Operation Grange" to decipher first, if and when they decide to conclude, maybe after the defamation trial involving Mr Goncalo Amaral?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 25.08.15 12:29

TB

I also applaud the work you have done in respect of finding the Truth in the disappearance of Madeleine and other cases discussed on the Forum.

I quote one of your replies to Mo:

"This is a case where the media men and propagandists have had a field day, from Mitchell to Brunt, from Bell Pottinger to the BBC, from Rebekah Brooks to the Prime Minister's Director of Communications, Andy Coulson - all these and a clutch of other PR types have held most of the country spellbound."

But what of the Met. I always thought they were corrupt. But to produce CrimeWatch and have DCI Redwood deceive the people in such a way is atrocious.

I have even lost the respect of local Police Forces to the extent that I don't expect them to attend when called to local crime unless it's good for their PR.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008 - Page 3 Empty Smithman

Post by kaz 25.08.15 16:04

I think another reason that Andy Redwood finally  promoted the Smithman sighting  was to reinforce the 'fact' that the abduction happened on the evening of the 3rd. It was a gamble all round with Smithman looking so like Gerry ( and in my opinion not unlike the Redwood himself! ) but one worth taking to lay a completely false trail on the actual date of the disappearance. It's ridiculous to believe that the so called abduction could have happened on the evening of the 3rd ..................so much to do in so little time. If MBM had died on the 3rd,  logic dictates that they would have chosen the following evening as the abduction evening to allow them to do all the necessary planning to create the scenario. IMO the constant comings and goings of they and their friends   from tables to various apartments on the evening of the 3rd.  was just an act to promote the idea that they were doing regular checks.
kaz

Activity : 1009

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 29.09.15 0:47

This illuminating correspondence between Johanna Renstein (Unterdenteppichgekehrt) and David James Smith, Times journalist, from 2011, has just been re-published elsewhere. I add it here because of the last sentence, which is relevant to our discussions about 'Smithman'.

Apart from that, the correspondence is noteworthy (a) for two very good points made and sustained by Johanna in an exemplary, courteous manner - and (b) for the contemptuous way the arrogant bighead - that David James Smith clearly is - dismisses her points. The rage with which he replies to her is almost disturbing, as if somehow he is personally involved in the whole case in a way we don't yet know?   
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A conversation with the press, 08 July 2011 Unterdenteppichgekehrt and David James Smith

Friday 8 July 2011 at 15:38

Article in Question: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3040094.ece

Johanna to DJS:

Dear Mr. Smith,

In your article “Kate and Gerry McCann: Beyond the smears”, from 16th December 2007, you mention this fact: “Russell O’Brien and Jane Tanner had brought a monitor too, but theirs wasn’t getting much of a signal from the Tapas restaurant 50 yards away.”

The couple never mentioned to the PJ that they brought a monitor as well, in all their statements they claim that the Paynes were the only ones with a baby monitor. Only in April 2008, in the rogatory interviews conducted by Leicestershire Police, this piece of information appeared. It might seem a small omission, but in the light of possible neglect charges, would have been important. Jane Tanner claims in the rogatory interview that she brought it with her in the evenings and positioned it on a ledge/wall behind her. This was NEVER mentioned to portuguese Police as the released statements show. The question I have is, how did you get this info before the rogatory interviews even took place? I know you have to protect sources, but this seems a very strange inside knowledge.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

DJS to Johanna

Who are you and what is your interest in this case?

David

Johanna to DJS

I am sorry if I have upset you… Well I gave my name, I am from Germany and I am interested in the case. Since the files have been released I have been trying to build myself an opinion based solely on facts and no spin. I am in the possession of the DVD with the released case files and have spent a lot of time with their analysis. That is why I came upon this rather curious discrepancy regarding the baby monitor. There was a meeting of the McCanns and their friends in Rothley in November, and in December your article was published with this “new” fact. I am just curious where it suddenly came from.

Regards

DJS to Johanna

No i am not upset. I just don’t to fuel the web ghouls (i have no idea whether you are one of them or not…) who seem obsessed with what i consider to be the grotesque idea that the mccanns or their friends did away with madeleine. In addition to the further distress it must cause the mccanns and their friends on top of the devastating event that started it, I just feel it is a complete waste of time and energy. That said, however, I had a long briefing with Gerry McCann before I wrote my article and I guess the baby monitor info came from him. I am aware that many discrepancies arose in the portuguese statements through misunderstandings of language. And you ought to be aware that there will always be minor discrepancies of fact in statements – failings of memory, interpretation and so on – which are not in themselves sinister or suspicious.

One skill of good policing is sifting the wheat from the chaff and knowing what matters and what doesn’t. I strongly suspect the baby monitor issue lies in the latter category. As you will gather, I have every sympathy with the McCanns and no sympathy with those who want to play amateur detective in public on the net with no apparent consideration for the McCanns’ feelings.

I respect facts.

Rant over…

David

Johanna to DJS

Dear David,

thank you for the information about your source regarding the baby monitor. Allow me to add my 2c to the rest of your mail.

Last time I checked, the case was not solved, Madeleine had not turned up, and no evidence of an abduction had emerged. If you are content with the current status quo that is your prerogative, but I am of the opinion that the death or disappearance of a 3-year old girl should not simply be shelved after only a couple of months. To label all those that want explanations as ghouls is a preferred method of the media, the McCanns and Clarence Mitchell to discredit and ridicule a thinking minority that is in the possession of the casefiles. To ask questions is and should stay allowed in the light of so many discrepancies that were revealed with the release of the police files. The emotional blackmail, that those questions “add to the distress of the parents” is just an additional way to stop these questions.

I agree with you that the added fact of a second baby monitor, that never got mentioned in Portugal, is not important enough to change the course of an investigation that is no longer open. Still it was deliberately added and even “translation issues” cannot conceal the fact, that it was never mentioned to the Portuguese Police. The fact that the information was given to you by the then “Arguido” Gerald McCann, published without confirmation, does not instil confidence in the rest of the article.

But since you are of the opinion that sifting the wheat from the chaff is up to the police you are excused for not questioning the details. I know I won’t be granted another reply after my rant, but there is one question that I wanted to raise with a proper journalist for ages.

The evidence of the Smith family from Ireland would have been the perfect “proof” for an abduction. A man carrying a “sleeping” girl towards the rocky beach via dark roads. Between June (when the article was published for the first time in the Drogheda Independent) and September (when Mr. Smith suddenly realised the man might have been Gerry McCann) it would have enforced the abduction theory immensely. But this evidence was never used, neither by the McCanns nor by the british press. No mention of it anywhere. While hundreds of sightings poured in from all over the world, this one sighting was never mentioned. Why?

Have a nice Sunday

DJS to Johanna

No, I won’t let you get away with that. You are asking me to endorse or tolerate a world in which interfering outsiders blunder around misinterpeting snippets of information and re-presenting them as suspicious facts, in reality half-facts. I do broadly think it is the job of the police to investigate crimes. Those are the people we appoint to do it on our behalf.
The media’s role is to examine, challenge and sometimes investigate too. I think those web ghouls are driven by prejudices formed on the basis of…of what? Television appearances? How the McCanns appear to be? Most of those opinions about them were formed long before the case file was released. There is also a sad desire to give weight to conspiracy theories.

On the basis of the hard established facts of the case – the way in which the characters’ lives intersect that evening, after Madeleine was last seen by anyone else – how many people would have to have known and been involved in the mccanns’ self-abducting or killing their own child? The police always start with motive. Every crime has a motive. What would be the motive and what could be so great a motive it involved all that group of people and was capable of being seemingly indefinitely concealed. What do you think, they were all paedophiles? Sex game enthusiasts? Child traffickers? Or merely agreed that pretending an abduction had been committed was the best way of disguising an accidental calpol overdose?

Come on, get real. Find something useful to do – go and campaign against war crimes in rwanda or something – and leave those poor people in peace. That is not emotional blackmail it is a recognition of their loss and an acceptance of the reality that not a single plausible suspicious shred about them has emerged in all the months since.

All those delusional sites devoted to conspiracy theories about the mccanns are kind of repugnant.

I can’t remember the detail of the smith sighting but surely it was quickly established it was not reliable or significant.

David

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna 29.09.15 12:35

WOW!  I've not seen that before.  What an utterly amazing correspondence!  There was Johanna being polite and on the ball, and D Smith being pompous, astoundingly rude about those who question the official version of Madeleine's disappearance (online ghouls), oddly extremely angry, and incredibly head-in-sand for someone supposedly a reporter (obviously not an investigative one) on a serious newspaper.
comperedna

Activity : 781

Back to top Go down

Post by woodpecker 29.09.15 14:02

Thankyou Tony for posting that exchange of correspondence. It is trully mindblowing. I have just done a quick bit of research about David James Smith. he is approx 60 with a lifetime in journalism and writing. His area of expertise is economics and he has awards in the business/economics area. he has published books on well known criminal cases like Jamie Bulger, Jill Dando, Crippen.

The exchange of emails printed above was in 2011 after the book Madeleine was published so this was available for him to compare with earlier material.

How an experienced journalist writing for a quality paper who has also written non fiction books involving serious research come decide that there are no unanswered questions about the madeleine McCann case and that the poor parents are being unfairly targeted by internet ghouls with nothing better to do is quite beyond me. It is very very depressing.
woodpecker

Activity : 80

Back to top Go down

SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008 - Page 3 Empty Smithman 8

Post by willowthewisp 29.09.15 17:46

Perhaps David James Smith of the Times, was as smitten as DCI Andy Redwood was in the wafting scented fragrance coming from such a saintly pair?
"Nothing to see hear, move along now, Evening All", not good police work by Leicestershire Police, call me Stu?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 29.09.15 18:31

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id96.html
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 29.09.15 22:38

Tony Bennett wrote:This illuminating correspondence between Johanna Renstein (Unterdenteppichgekehrt) and David James Smith, Times journalist, from 2011, has just been re-published elsewhere. I add it here because of the last sentence, which is relevant to our discussions about 'Smithman'.

Apart from that, the correspondence is noteworthy (a) for two very good points made and sustained by Johanna in an exemplary, courteous manner - and (b) for the contemptuous way the arrogant bighead - that David James Smith clearly is - dismisses her points. The rage with which he replies to her is almost disturbing, as if somehow he is personally involved in the whole case in a way we don't yet know?   
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A conversation with the press, 08 July 2011 Unterdenteppichgekehrt and David James Smith

Friday 8 July 2011 at 15:38

Article in Question: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3040094.ece

Johanna to DJS:

Dear Mr. Smith,

In your article “Kate and Gerry McCann: Beyond the smears”, from 16th December 2007, you mention this fact: “Russell O’Brien and Jane Tanner had brought a monitor too, but theirs wasn’t getting much of a signal from the Tapas restaurant 50 yards away.”

The couple never mentioned to the PJ that they brought a monitor as well, in all their statements they claim that the Paynes were the only ones with a baby monitor. Only in April 2008, in the rogatory interviews conducted by Leicestershire Police, this piece of information appeared. It might seem a small omission, but in the light of possible neglect charges, would have been important. Jane Tanner claims in the rogatory interview that she brought it with her in the evenings and positioned it on a ledge/wall behind her. This was NEVER mentioned to portuguese Police as the released statements show. The question I have is, how did you get this info before the rogatory interviews even took place? I know you have to protect sources, but this seems a very strange inside knowledge.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

DJS to Johanna

Who are you and what is your interest in this case?

David

Johanna to DJS

I am sorry if I have upset you… Well I gave my name, I am from Germany and I am interested in the case. Since the files have been released I have been trying to build myself an opinion based solely on facts and no spin. I am in the possession of the DVD with the released case files and have spent a lot of time with their analysis. That is why I came upon this rather curious discrepancy regarding the baby monitor. There was a meeting of the McCanns and their friends in Rothley in November, and in December your article was published with this “new” fact. I am just curious where it suddenly came from.

Regards

DJS to Johanna

No i am not upset. I just don’t to fuel the web ghouls (i have no idea whether you are one of them or not…) who seem obsessed with what i consider to be the grotesque idea that the mccanns or their friends did away with madeleine. In addition to the further distress it must cause the mccanns and their friends on top of the devastating event that started it, I just feel it is a complete waste of time and energy. That said, however, I had a long briefing with Gerry McCann before I wrote my article and I guess the baby monitor info came from him. I am aware that many discrepancies arose in the portuguese statements through misunderstandings of language. And you ought to be aware that there will always be minor discrepancies of fact in statements – failings of memory, interpretation and so on – which are not in themselves sinister or suspicious.

One skill of good policing is sifting the wheat from the chaff and knowing what matters and what doesn’t. I strongly suspect the baby monitor issue lies in the latter category. As you will gather, I have every sympathy with the McCanns and no sympathy with those who want to play amateur detective in public on the net with no apparent consideration for the McCanns’ feelings.

I respect facts.

Rant over…

David

Johanna to DJS

Dear David,

thank you for the information about your source regarding the baby monitor. Allow me to add my 2c to the rest of your mail.

Last time I checked, the case was not solved, Madeleine had not turned up, and no evidence of an abduction had emerged. If you are content with the current status quo that is your prerogative, but I am of the opinion that the death or disappearance of a 3-year old girl should not simply be shelved after only a couple of months. To label all those that want explanations as ghouls is a preferred method of the media, the McCanns and Clarence Mitchell to discredit and ridicule a thinking minority that is in the possession of the casefiles. To ask questions is and should stay allowed in the light of so many discrepancies that were revealed with the release of the police files. The emotional blackmail, that those questions “add to the distress of the parents” is just an additional way to stop these questions.

I agree with you that the added fact of a second baby monitor, that never got mentioned in Portugal, is not important enough to change the course of an investigation that is no longer open. Still it was deliberately added and even “translation issues” cannot conceal the fact, that it was never mentioned to the Portuguese Police. The fact that the information was given to you by the then “Arguido” Gerald McCann, published without confirmation, does not instil confidence in the rest of the article.

But since you are of the opinion that sifting the wheat from the chaff is up to the police you are excused for not questioning the details. I know I won’t be granted another reply after my rant, but there is one question that I wanted to raise with a proper journalist for ages.

The evidence of the Smith family from Ireland would have been the perfect “proof” for an abduction. A man carrying a “sleeping” girl towards the rocky beach via dark roads. Between June (when the article was published for the first time in the Drogheda Independent) and September (when Mr. Smith suddenly realised the man might have been Gerry McCann) it would have enforced the abduction theory immensely. But this evidence was never used, neither by the McCanns nor by the british press. No mention of it anywhere. While hundreds of sightings poured in from all over the world, this one sighting was never mentioned. Why?

Have a nice Sunday

DJS to Johanna

No, I won’t let you get away with that. You are asking me to endorse or tolerate a world in which interfering outsiders blunder around misinterpeting snippets of information and re-presenting them as suspicious facts, in reality half-facts. I do broadly think it is the job of the police to investigate crimes. Those are the people we appoint to do it on our behalf.
The media’s role is to examine, challenge and sometimes investigate too. I think those web ghouls are driven by prejudices formed on the basis of…of what? Television appearances? How the McCanns appear to be? Most of those opinions about them were formed long before the case file was released. There is also a sad desire to give weight to conspiracy theories.

On the basis of the hard established facts of the case – the way in which the characters’ lives intersect that evening, after Madeleine was last seen by anyone else – how many people would have to have known and been involved in the mccanns’ self-abducting or killing their own child? The police always start with motive. Every crime has a motive. What would be the motive and what could be so great a motive it involved all that group of people and was capable of being seemingly indefinitely concealed. What do you think, they were all paedophiles? Sex game enthusiasts? Child traffickers? Or merely agreed that pretending an abduction had been committed was the best way of disguising an accidental calpol overdose?

Come on, get real. Find something useful to do – go and campaign against war crimes in rwanda or something – and leave those poor people in peace. That is not emotional blackmail it is a recognition of their loss and an acceptance of the reality that not a single plausible suspicious shred about them has emerged in all the months since.

All those delusional sites devoted to conspiracy theories about the mccanns are kind of repugnant.

I can’t remember the detail of the smith sighting but surely it was quickly established it was not reliable or significant.

David
Sounds just like the standard McCann apologist spiel.  This is just classic..

"The media’s role is to examine, challenge and sometimes investigate too. I think those web ghouls are driven by prejudices formed on the basis of…of what?.."

So what exactly is it you are doing Meester David - apart from committing an act of gross indecency?  I thought the primary function of the media, in terms of the press as in a Times journalist, is to report - unless taking on the role of a investigative journalist.  Is that what you are doing Meester David?  If so, I seriously suggest you consult the official documentation relating to the case and not base your judgement on hearsay and the word of the prime suspects and their heavy mobsters playing backstage.

Has this geezer signed the hypocritical oath?

Who owns the Times anyway, now let me think - is it Rupert Murdoch?  Just shows how ill advised he was/is, can't remember the detail about the Smith sighting yet here he is purporting to examine, challenge and (sometimes) investigate?  Bah!

I've been looking at mccannfiles.com for the Times report that Carole Tranmer was reading in bed on Sunday 6th May 2007.  Quite sickening to read the numerous reports in the first few days when the investigation was but an embryo.  If this clown wants to talk of prejudice - look no further!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by woodpecker 30.09.15 11:10

I posted yesterday about David James Smith in too much hurry and included some information about another journalist with the same name. How careful we should be when the name is Smith!!! The reference I made to economic expertise and awards for business/economics writing were the wrong journalist Smith.

Below some more info about the work the correct David James Smith has done which strengthen my earlier (tho flawed) post about why such an experienced journalist would believe absolutely the Mccann story.

He specialises in investigative feature articles and books:

From 2008 onwards he has covered the following:

Lindsay Hawker murder in Tokyo
Two teachers children in harrow Middlesex murdering the other
jersey childcare scandal  Haut de la garenne
Jeremy Bamber case - he murdered his family
Claudia Laurence case
Manchester Murder Squad - he spent time with them
the 9/11 'jumpers'
Jamie Bulger's killer
Murder in the French alps where two small children lost their parents and grandmother
Rogue policeman Ali Dizaei

His book on Nelson Mandela - New York Times said the book gave a fresh point of view on this 'modern day saint.'

he won the UK Feature Writer of the year in 2011 and 2012.

I am even more baffled today than yesterday as to why he responded so negatively to Johanna's very polite emails. You would expect that with his background he would be looking at the McCann case with an open mind and not afraid to question the abduction story - as he has apparently raised issues about Mandela which have not pleased some.
woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz 30.09.15 11:31

''..................... interfering outsiders .................'' So that's what we , who seek the truth and justice are! By implication then, HE is an 'insider.' No more to be said.
I can't remember where I saw it but it was on here very recently and did strike me as odd. The person who joked to Diane Webster about being left alone in the Tapas bar on the 3rd also mentions baby monitorS.

( QUOTE) )  can’t remember the detail of the smith sighting but surely it was quickly established it was not reliable or significant.

Quickly established by whom one might ask ?
kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz 30.09.15 11:46

JERONIMO TOMAS RODRIGUES SALCEDAS (Phone No "91 768 ####) - bartender:
He saw the missing Madelaine, for the last time, yesterday at 16.45h next to the restaurant;
- He did not notice if from the group of British citizens (in number 8 or 9) that yesterday dined in restaurant (which was partly made up of the parents of the missing [child]), someone left [absented themself] during such dinner;

On some occasions, I also saw some infant monitors on the same table but never related this to the facts

kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.09.15 12:36

woodpecker wrote:I posted yesterday about David James Smith in too much hurry and included some information about another journalist with the same name. How careful we should be when the name is Smith!!! The reference I made to economic expertise and awards for business/economics writing were the wrong journalist Smith.

Below some more info about the work the correct David James Smith has done which strengthen my earlier (tho flawed) post about why such an experienced journalist would believe absolutely the Mccann story.

He specialises in investigative feature articles and books:

From 2008 onwards he has covered the following:

Lindsay Hawker murder in Tokyo
Two teachers children in harrow Middlesex murdering the other
jersey childcare scandal  Haut de la garenne
Jeremy Bamber case - he murdered his family
Claudia Laurence case
Manchester Murder Squad - he spent time with them
the 9/11 'jumpers'
Jamie Bulger's killer
Murder in the French alps where two small children lost their parents and grandmother
Rogue policeman Ali Dizaei

His book on Nelson Mandela - New York Times said the book gave a fresh point of view on this 'modern day saint.'

he won the UK Feature Writer of the year in 2011 and 2012.

I am even more baffled today than yesterday as to why he responded so negatively to Johanna's very polite emails. You would expect that with his background he would be looking at the McCann case with an open mind and not afraid to question the abduction story - as he has apparently raised issues about Mandela which have not pleased some.

More on David James Smith:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t4672-david-smith-article-split-topic
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by woodpecker 30.09.15 18:03

David James Smith co wrote a long article for the Timesonline  on 9 Sept 2007. Interestingly there is no reference to it on his website where he details his other work on famous crimes etc.
I’ve just read the article:

A few things hit me. He states  things as facts because the Mccanns or their PR team said so

·         He mentions the dogs and the hire car but stresses it was only hired after Madeleine vanished, but does not point out the dogs findings in the holiday apartment
·         He states the police offered Kate McCann a deal for confessing to an accidental killing
·         The tapas restaurant offered ‘a clear line of sight to the apartments, about 50 metres away.
·         The Portuguese media lied by stating that 14 bottles of wine were consumed that night.  Didn’t dockets show the wine orders?
·         ‘The last moment Madeleine was definitely seen by someone other than the McCanns was at 7 pm.’ He must mean David Payne who is hardly an independent witness. From the police files not available them we know there are big doubts about this sighting.
·         The call to the police was at 10.14 but they GNR only came at 11.10. 

His 

His comments on the searching are interesting -

‘At midnight the local police called the Policia Judiciaria, the PJ, who investigate serious crimes. The PJ arrived at 1am, according to the McCanns. There was substantial searching involving tourists and locals for some hours. Kate remained in the apartment hoping for news, while Gerry went out and looked.

By 3.30am the police had packed it in for the night. The searching was pretty much over. Gerry and Kate were frustrated and desperate. Gerry went out at about 4am with David Payne, another of their group, hoping to find something.

Later, at about 6am, the McCanns went out alone and walked around the scrubland on the outskirts of the village, holding hands and calling Madeleine’s name. There was nobody else around and they felt utterly alone.’

The amount of searching by the McCanns seems to be somewhat exaggerated.

He does not mention at all the setting up of the limited company in record time when she could have been found at any time. I would have thought that an experienced journalist like him would have commented on this.

Does anyone know if he wrote about the case later, especially after the police files were published?

His
woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz 01.10.15 10:44

Sorry to
labour the point but isn't it important that we have David James Smith saying that Jane Tanner and ROB were in possession of a child monitor and the waiter Jeronimo Salcedas saying he saw 'some' monitors on the table in the tapas bar. Maybe something has been lost in translation but to me, one is one, a couple is two and ' some ' are more than two. Why would Jane Tanner and ROB feel the need to check physically on their children if they had a monitor when the Paynes , who also had one , clearly did not ? Strange how JW nor GMC  saw Jane Tanner doing her check. Was she really there at all ? If they had a baby monitor and weren't in fact physically doing checks we can discount her sighting and also Matt's little story about accompanying ROB on a 9.30ish Thursday night check. ( Wasn't ROB already at his apartment with his sick daughter anyway? )  If in fact these checks were fabricated it would mean the two timelines on the sticker book were drawn up as memory pointers for those involved and probably before the staged disappearance event.

I can see that Tanner's possession of a baby monitor was kept quiet as she had to have a reason to be doing a physical check in order to  see 'Tannerman. ' If in fact this sighting was a complete lie as she wasn't even there why would she then give an almost identical description as Nuno Lourenco to the abductor? How would she even  know ?
kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz 01.10.15 17:23

Looking at the PJ Files again it seems that
the description of 'Tannerman' was given to the police before Nuno Lourenco's. If as I suspect ( see above post ) she made the whole sighting up she must have seen the Polish man somewhere to give such an accurate description. How Lourenco then got hold of it is anybody's guess! I doubt if she was actually acquainted with the man under suspicion as that could have made things awkward for herself and it's interesting that once this lead had been followed up by police resulting in delays in finding the real perpetrator , her description started to evolve and suddenly Murat was the fall guy.
kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 01.10.15 22:32

kaz wrote:Looking at the PJ Files again it seems that the description of 'Tannerman' was given to the police before Nuno Lourenco's. If as I suspect ( see above post ) she made the whole sighting up, she must have seen the Polish man somewhere to give such an accurate description. How Lourenco then got hold of it is anybody's guess! I doubt if she was actually acquainted with the man under suspicion as that could have made things awkward for herself and it's interesting that once this lead had been followed up by police resulting in delays in finding the real perpetrator, her description started to evolve and suddenly Murat was the fall guy.
@ Kaz    The whole tangled story of Wojchiech Krokowski, Nuno Lourenco and Jane Tanner is, I admit, hard to grasp - and ideally needs a careful study of the available evidence, which I've had time to do in the last year or two.

Because this whole 'Krokowski tale' is one of the most fundamental in understanding the case as a whole - and because the bit bolded above is a misunderstanding of the likely sequence events (not your fault at all) - I am going to share my hypothesis of how things might have developed.

I do thank you @ Kaz for grappling with this sequence of events because it seems that, like Richard Hall, you have begun to grasp the significance of it.

I start with these working assumptions:

1. That something may have happened to Madeleine very early on that week (see e.g. recent posts by HideHo, Hobs and PeterMac)

2. That there was a whole group who then set about creating a plausible abduction scenario, teeing up the breaking of the news that Madeleine was missing for Thursday evening. That group may have had 3 to 4 days to plan this

3. That Nuno Lourenco was a member of this planning group and was destined to play a major role in the events of 4 May onwards. There is some support for this in that Lourenco seems (like quite a few others in this whole sorry story) to be in close touch with Robert Murat and his aunt and uncle, the Eveleighs at the Salsalito villa 

So then I think this is what happened

4. This planning group had one or more meetings.

5. This group planned how best to create a plausible abductor.

6. They decided to use Wojchiech Krokowski as a template for the abductor.

7. Krokowski was staying that week in the Sol e Mar apartment in Burgau, which also has strong connections to the Murat family.

8. I suggest that the plan was for Nuno Lourenco to create a plausible tale that his daughter was nearly kidnapped at Sagres beach (whether or not Krokowski was a willing patsy in the creation of this bogus event, or whether he was totally unaware that he was to be used in that way, I really have no idea).

9. The plan was also for Jane Tanner to say she'd seen abductor carrying away a child at about 9.15pm on 3rd May.

10. Either everyone was at a planning meeting, and given instructions, or s small planning group spoke to both Lourenco and Tanner and told them what to say. At this point I will say that it may well be relevant that hairs of the haplotypes of both Jane Tanner and Robert Murat were found at the Sol e Mar apartment where Krokowski himself was staying. Maybe they all sat round a table and worked out what each was going to do.

11. Lourenco played a very devious role in all of this. He knew from his Murat contacts which car Krokowski had rented that week. So he took a photo of it, and then invented a tale of how this 'kidnapper' had tried to kidnap his daughter outside a pastry shop in Sagres, then chased him away and took a photo of the car as the man, supposedly, drove away.

12. It was all utter lies, but worked out brilliantly for them all.

13. In describing (a) the Lourenco-kidnapper and (b) the Tanner-abductor, both of them were told to emphasise his clothes. The one and only photo we have of Krokowksi shows him wearing, shall we say, 'old-fashioned' clothes. So great emphasis was laid on: 'Didn't look like a tourist', 'Warm clothes', 'Cloth clothes', Cream/beige trousers, shiny black, 'Classic' shoes etc.

14. To put it bluntly, both Lournenco and Jane Tanner were given a 'script' - and acted it out pretty well.

15. Tanner went first, describing the fake abductor exactly as she'd been told to, to the PJ

16. Lourenco went next, on the morning of Saturday 5 May, with a superficially plausible story about a kidnapping given to the  PJ just as Krokowski was flying off back to Poland

17. The result we all know. Goncalo Amaral and his men thought they had an abductor, and Amaral and his men contacted INTERPOL and the German and Polish police, with police boarding the plane in Berlin to interrogate Krokowski and then interrogating him once again when he got back to Poland.

So that's how Tanner 'knew' what to say.

Of course what she said was rubbish, proved as you so rightly say by her adamantly identifying Murat 9 days later as the man she said she had seen carrying a child.

How Tanner came to do that, and which members of the British security services put her up to that, is a whole big story in itself, clouded as usual in this case by a veil of secrecy.

I really hope that has clarified your understanding of that week's events, rather than confused things further.

Think in terms of a possible series of desperate planning meetings between Sunday and Thursday that week

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz 02.10.15 9:25

Thanks for that. A lot to think about there.
I also wonder what made JT 'turn' on Murat when he appeared to be a part of the solution and then quickly  became the problem . If JT was taking direction all the way someone must have put her up to naming Murat  so thank the Lord for the Smiths who were able to categorically state that their sighting of the abductor WASN'T Murat ...........................................but could have been Gerry! You get the feeling there was  a den of iniquity in Portugal where the members all  started  turning on each other in a desperate measure to  extricate themselves from suspicion. So far they've managed to hold it all together with all parties exonerated. What a feat but  what a web of deceit.
kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by guest12345 02.10.15 9:28

Tony Bennett wrote:
kaz wrote:Looking at the PJ Files again it seems that the description of 'Tannerman' was given to the police before Nuno Lourenco's. If as I suspect ( see above post ) she made the whole sighting up, she must have seen the Polish man somewhere to give such an accurate description. How Lourenco then got hold of it is anybody's guess! I doubt if she was actually acquainted with the man under suspicion as that could have made things awkward for herself and it's interesting that once this lead had been followed up by police resulting in delays in finding the real perpetrator, her description started to evolve and suddenly Murat was the fall guy.
@ Kaz    The whole tangled story of Wojchiech Krokowski, Nuno Lourenco and Jane Tanner is, I admit, hard to grasp - and ideally needs a careful study of the available evidence, which I've had time to do in the last year or two.

Because this whole 'Krokowski tale' is one of the most fundamental in understanding the case as a whole - and because the bit bolded above is a misunderstanding of the likely sequence events (not your fault at all) - I am going to share my hypothesis of how things might have developed.

I do thank you @ Kaz for grappling with this sequence of events because it seems that, like Richard Hall, you have begun to grasp the significance of it.

I start with these working assumptions:

1. That something may have happened to Madeleine very early on that week (see e.g. recent posts by HideHo, Hobs and PeterMac)
The police obviously have record of her movements throughout the week, otherwise they would have gone down that path. We do not know what photos, cctv recordings etc they have as a vast amount of the files are yet to be released. 

2. That there was a whole group who then set about creating a plausible abduction scenario, teeing up the breaking of the news that Madeleine was missing for Thursday evening. That group may have had 3 to 4 days to plan this
Hmm, so what is the motive for the tapas group for planning this scenario? Why would a group of people put themselves at risk of prison to help the McCanns out? Why not just say "nothing to do with me guv"? Do you think it's because the McCanns held them to ransom about them also neglecting their children?....If that were the case, planning an abduction further down the week, would allow the tapas group to miraculously start checking their kids very often between the 'early week death' and the time of the planned abduction, thus eliminating them from any so called neglect, or simply report the McCanns for their actions in planning an abduction and thus pass all blame onto them.

3. That Nuno Lourenco was a member of this planning group and was destined to play a major role in the events of 4 May onwards. Why would they do that? What is their purpose for playing a role in this? There is some support for this in that Lourenco seems (like quite a few others in this whole sorry story) to be in close touch with Robert Murat and his aunt and uncle, the Eveleighs at the Salsalito villa 

So then I think this is what happened

4. This planning group had one or more meetings. When? Why? Are we presuming here that they all calmly sat around the tapas bar drinking wine whilst planning the abduction of one of their children whilst Madeleine slowly decomposes in the apartment? (no evidence of decomposition in 5a)

5. This group planned how best to create a plausible abductor. The best plan would be to have no plausible abductor 'confusion is good' remember

6. They decided to use Wojchiech Krokowski as a template for the abductor. Did they?

7. Krokowski was staying that week in the Sol e Mar apartment in Burgau, which also has strong connections to the Murat family. 

8. I suggest that the plan was for Nuno Lourenco to create a plausible tale that his daughter was nearly kidnapped at Sagres beach (whether or not Krokowski was a willing patsy in the creation of this bogus event, or whether he was totally unaware that he was to be used in that way, I really have no idea). If he was involved, the best thing for him to do would be to stay quiet

9. The plan was also for Jane Tanner to say she'd seen abductor carrying away a child at about 9.15pm on 3rd May. I think the only person who planned this sighting was Tanner herself. She is an attention seeker, who changed her stories/descriptions/finger pointing more times than her underwear, hence she was quickly discredited as an unreliable witness.

10. Either everyone was at a planning meeting, and given instructions, or s small planning group spoke to both Lourenco and Tanner and told them what to say. At this point I will say that it may well be relevant that hairs of the haplotypes of both Jane Tanner and Robert Murat were found at the Sol e Mar apartment where Krokowski himself was staying. Maybe they all sat round a table and worked out what each was going to do. IMO the only reason there is a connection between Tanner and Murat is something was going on between them, whether it be a fling, relationship, friendship, working relationship or part of a bigger swinging picture (still unproven). I don't think this was any big planning meeting about a full staged production of an abduction.

11. Lourenco played a very devious role in all of this. He knew from his Murat contacts which car Krokowski had rented that week. So he took a photo of it, and then invented a tale of how this 'kidnapper' had tried to kidnap his daughter outside a pastry shop in Sagres, then chased him away and took a photo of the car as the man, supposedly, drove away. IMO another attention seeker trying to get in on the action "yeah i saw someone too, look, i have  a picture" (gets press attention)

12. It was all utter lies, but worked out brilliantly for them all. Agreed, see above

13. In describing (a) the Lourenco-kidnapper and (b) the Tanner-abductor, both of them were told to emphasise his clothes. The one and only photo we have of Krokowksi shows him wearing, shall we say, 'old-fashioned' clothes. So great emphasis was laid on: 'Didn't look like a tourist', 'Warm clothes', 'Cloth clothes', Cream/beige trousers, shiny black, 'Classic' shoes etc. Everyone was talking, sharing details, Murat was close tot he case, Tanner was always vocal. It's not hard to copy a description of someone to try and point the finger and take the glory for 'i spotted the man!'

14. To put it bluntly, both Lournenco and Jane Tanner were given a 'script' - and acted it out pretty well. Disagree, i think more likely they both tried to come to the same conclusion to try and identify the perpetrator 

15. Tanner went first, describing the fake abductor exactly as she'd been told to, to the PJ Whether she did or didn't see someone, her statement became useless as time went on and she changed her stories, hence why Redwood recently weeded it away from people's attention so people could stop focusing on it. It could not be relied upon right fro the early days.

16. Lourenco went next, on the morning of Saturday 5 May, with a superficially plausible story about a kidnapping given to the  PJ just as Krokowski was flying off back to Poland

17. The result we all know. Goncalo Amaral and his men thought they had an abductor, and Amaral and his men contacted INTERPOL and the German and Polish police, with police boarding the plane in Berlin to interrogate Krokowski and then interrogating him once again when he got back to Poland.

So that's how Tanner 'knew' what to say.

Of course what she said was rubbish, proved as you so rightly say by her adamantly identifying Murat 9 days later as the man she said she had seen carrying a child. 

How Tanner came to do that, and which members of the British security services put her up to that, is a whole big story in itself, clouded as usual in this case by a veil of secrecy. Attention seeking, wanting limelight, trying to help her friends. IMO she pointed the finger at Murat due to a personal disagreement with him and from being influenced by journos and profilers stating that he fitted the profile

I really hope that has clarified your understanding of that week's events, rather than confused things further.

Think in terms of a possible series of desperate planning meetings between Sunday and Thursday that week

Whilst i think that you have some excellent knowledge and experience on this case Tony, i do feel that your imagination may have run away with you on your last post. I'm not saying they are wrong, as no-one knows the full truth apart from the the person who removed Madeleine's cadaver from the apartment, i just think the chances of that scenario being true, with so many people involved in the 'plan', is extremely ulikely.

Additional notes included above. (again, i'm not being argumentative, i'm just playing devils advocate)
guest12345

Activity : 92

Back to top Go down

SMITHMAN 8 - The Nine Phases of Smithman - How the Smiths became part of the McCann Team in January 2008 - Page 3 Empty A response to guest12345

Post by Tony Bennett 02.10.15 11:10

guest12345 wrote:
Whilst I think that you have some excellent knowledge and experience on this case Tony, I do feel that your imagination may have run away with you on your last post.

REPLY: As I said in my post, it is a hypothesis - based on what we know - and based on informed thinking about what might have happened. It is certainly be there to be attacked and shot down by evidence that others may produce. But to call it 'imagination' is inaccurate - that's a word much better applied e.g. to the mountain of hundreds or maybe thousands of 'psychics' who have imagined all sorts of things that might have happened to Madeleine  -and yet every single one of them has been proved wrong.

I'm not saying they are wrong, as no-one knows the full truth apart from the person who removed Madeleine's cadaver from the apartment, i just think the chances of that scenario being true, with so many people involved in the 'plan', is extremely unlikely.

Additional notes included above. (Again, I'm not being argumentative, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate)

REPLY: Your comments are of interest. I will reply to each one below 

guest12345 in black
my replies in blue

The police obviously have record of Madeleine's movements throughout the week, otherwise they would have gone down that path [of something having happened earlier in the week to Madeleine. We do not know what photos, cctv recordings etc. - they have as a vast amount of the files are yet to be released.

Really? You say the police have images of Madeleine on CCTV that week, and that there is a 'vast amount' of unreleased material? NO to both of your assertions. There is no evidence whatsoever that the Portuguese police have any more photos, or any CCTV evidence of Madeleine that week, beyond the few photos we've seen. And the Portuguese Police released a vast amount of evidence; they only retained a few key documents  

Hmm, so what is the motive for the Tapas group for planning this 'plausible abduction scenario'? Why would a group of people put themselves at risk of prison to help the McCanns out? Why not just say "nothing to do with me guv"? Do you think it's because the McCanns held them to ransom about them also neglecting their children? If that were the case, planning an abduction further down the week would allow the Tapas group to miraculously start checking their kids very often between the 'early week death' and the time of the planned abduction, thus eliminating them from any so-called neglect, or simply report the McCanns for their actions in planning an abduction and thus pass all blame onto them.

Suppose for the sake of argument that certain people were involved in an activity that was either illegal, or deeply immoral and shameful, or very embarrassing. Suppose something happened that they needed to cover up. Then those involved would obviously get together and plan the cover-up. Something very much like that happened in both the other two cases I've investigated in depth - the deaths of Stuart Lubbock and of Lee Balkwell  

Why would [someone like Nuno Lourenco fabricate a story?] What is their purpose for playing a role in this?

Either because he was part of a group involved in something illegal/immoral/embarrassing, OR he was paid to do so. 

When [did this group have their planning meetings]? Why? Are we presuming here that they all calmly sat around the Tapas bar drinking wine whilst planning the abduction of one of their children whilst Madeleine slowly decomposes in the apartment? (no evidence of decomposition in 5A)?

I do not know what you mean about 'planning the abduction of one of their children'. Something may have happened to Madeleine early in the week. If yes, it did, THEN those with most to lose might set about planning an abduction hoax. Goodness, it has happened dozens of times in the past, PeterMac posted a list of about 30 of them somewhere - infants who were killed, and their parents pretended the child was missing
The best plan would be to have no plausible abductor 'confusion is good' remember

But, if I'm right and this was indeed the plan, it has ben brilliantly successful! It has lasted 8 years and 5 months so far

Did they [decided to use Wojchiech Krokowski as a template for the abductor]?

I have said that that is what I think. And I have provided a whole lot of supporting evidence.

If Nuno Lourenco he was involved, the best thing for him to do would be to stay quiet

There is evidence that Lourenco wasa 'Murat contact'. Murat may have been a 'fixer'. Maybe Lourenco got paid for his plausible, but clearly fabricated, tale of Krokowski trying to kidnap his daughter in the door-way of a cake shop? 

I think the only person who planned this sighting was Tanner herself. She is an attention seeker, who changed her stories/descriptions/ finger pointing more times than her underwear, hence she was quickly discredited as an unreliable witness.

Jane Tanner no more than an 'attention-seeker'? Boy, have you got this wrong!

IMO the only reason there is a connection between Tanner and Murat is something was going on between them, whether it be a fling, relationship, friendship, working relationship or part of a bigger swinging picture (still unproven). I don't think this was any big planning meeting about a full staged production of an abduction.

Jane Tanner was obviously integral to the kind of plan I have outlined. I am sure Murat was very much involved. I do not necessarily suggest that the two met that week although it is certainly possible,

IMO [Nuno Lourenco was] another attention seeker trying to get in on the action "Yeah I saw someone too, look, I have  a picture" (gets press attention)

There is no evidence to support your theory, and a great deal of evidence to support mine. Did Nuno Lourenco get much press attention? No. And you must explain how Lourenco 'happened' to be able to take a photo of the ACTUAL car used by Krokowksi that week. He didn't go to the press, he went to the press. I don't you think that Lourenco and his fellow-plotters absolutely KNEW that the Portuguese Police would take the bait - and chase Krokwski around Europe? 

Everyone was talking, sharing details, Murat was close to he case, Tanner was always vocal. It's not hard to copy a description of someone to try and point the finger and take the glory for 'I spotted the man!'

How can you say that Lourenco 'copied' the description from Tanner? - when her description is based on the man that Lourenco identified and whose rented car he had photographed? One of the keys to understand this, @ guest12345, is to consider when and under what circumstances Lourenco took that photograph of Krokowski's ACTUAL car. Just ponder on that please. It didn't happen by accident, did it?

I [don't think Lourenco and Tanner were given a script], more likely they both tried to come to the same conclusion to try and identify the perpetrator 

And came up with virtually identical descriptions of the man? Don't be daft

Tanner's statement became useless as time went on and she changed her stories, hence why Redwood recently weeded it away from people's attention so people could stop focusing on it. It could not be relied upon right from the early days.

Agreed, except to point out that Tannerman held centre stage for SIX YEARS, FIVE MONTHS and ELEVEN DAYS - until the Crimewatch fabrications on 14 October 2013

IMO Tanner pointed the finger at Murat due to a personal disagreement with him and from being influenced by journos and profilers stating that he fitted the profile

Influenced - or rather directed - by the 'profilers' and other shadowy figures in the British security services - YES. Hence, for Jane Tanner, Krokowski rapidly morphed into Murat!! 

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by guest12345 02.10.15 13:40

Tony Bennett wrote:
guest12345 wrote:
Whilst I think that you have some excellent knowledge and experience on this case Tony, I do feel that your imagination may have run away with you on your last post.

REPLY: As I said in my post, it is a hypothesis - based on what we know - and based on informed thinking about what might have happened. It is certainly be there to be attacked and shot down by evidence that others may produce. But to call it 'imagination' is inaccurate - that's a word much better applied e.g. to the mountain of hundreds or maybe thousands of 'psychics' who have imagined all sorts of things that might have happened to Madeleine  -and yet every single one of them has been proved wrong.

I'm not saying they are wrong, as no-one knows the full truth apart from the person who removed Madeleine's cadaver from the apartment, i just think the chances of that scenario being true, with so many people involved in the 'plan', is extremely unlikely.

Additional notes included above. (Again, I'm not being argumentative, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate)

REPLY: Your comments are of interest. I will reply to each one below 

guest12345 in black
my replies in blue
guest12345 2nd reply Red (as best i can anyway)

The police obviously have record of Madeleine's movements throughout the week, otherwise they would have gone down that path [of something having happened earlier in the week to Madeleine. We do not know what photos, cctv recordings etc. - they have as a vast amount of the files are yet to be released.

Really? You say the police have images of Madeleine on CCTV that week, and that there is a 'vast amount' of unreleased material? NO to both of your assertions. There is no evidence whatsoever that the Portuguese police have any more photos, or any CCTV evidence of Madeleine that week, beyond the few photos we've seen. And the Portuguese Police released a vast amount of evidence; they only retained a few key documents  
Yes, really. There are many many files not released to the public from each police force/agency, not just the PJ. The files released by the PJ are PI files only. "there is no evidence" can only mean "there is no information in the public domain". Just because things haven't been seen on an internet forum or translation of the PI files, it doesn't mean they don't exist. Think about it...if there had been NO evidence of her movements, 1, if not all of the agencies involved would have flagged this and put her last known sighting at eg Tuesday...they haven't...which means they have evidence on file that can be backed up, we just unfortunately have no access to that.

Hmm, so what is the motive for the Tapas group for planning this 'plausible abduction scenario'? Why would a group of people put themselves at risk of prison to help the McCanns out? Why not just say "nothing to do with me guv"? Do you think it's because the McCanns held them to ransom about them also neglecting their children? If that were the case, planning an abduction further down the week would allow the Tapas group to miraculously start checking their kids very often between the 'early week death' and the time of the planned abduction, thus eliminating them from any so-called neglect, or simply report the McCanns for their actions in planning an abduction and thus pass all blame onto them.

Suppose for the sake of argument that certain people were involved in an activity that was either illegal, or deeply immoral and shameful, or very embarrassing. Suppose something happened that they needed to cover up. Then those involved would obviously get together and plan the cover-up. Something very much like that happened in both the other two cases I've investigated in depth - the deaths of Stuart Lubbock and of Lee Balkwell
True, but any activity can be covered up/denied, or put differently...disassociated with the death of a child. The only activities that would warrant the involvement of entire tapas goup, Murat, Murats associates, hotel staff, locals and many others in the 'plan' is if every single one of them was involved in pedophilia. There is no evidence to assume (other than an un-quantified Gasper statement by a 3rd party in a different location, regarding Payne), that all of them are involved in that. The only thing they are all guilty of is serious neglect, of which yes, i agree, they are all coveing for each other by their pact of silence. However, to suggest they are all complicit in the cover up of Madeleine's death and they spent a week manufacturing a full abduction story is a tall order.     

Why would [someone like Nuno Lourenco fabricate a story?] What is their purpose for playing a role in this?

Either because he was part of a group involved in something illegal/immoral/embarrassing, OR he was paid to do so. I know some pretty desperate people do some pretty desperate things for cash, but i don;t know many who would do so when it involved a murdered child and a group of foreign holiday makers

When [did this group have their planning meetings]? Why? Are we presuming here that they all calmly sat around the Tapas bar drinking wine whilst planning the abduction of one of their children whilst Madeleine slowly decomposes in the apartment? (no evidence of decomposition in 5A)?

I do not know what you mean about 'planning the abduction of one of their children'. Something may have happened to Madeleine early in the week. If yes, it did, THEN those with most to lose might set about planning an abduction hoax. Goodness, it has happened dozens of times in the past, PeterMac posted a list of about 30 of them somewhere - infants who were killed, and their parents pretended the child was missing
I agree, many parents have acted as if their children have been taken and i can understand this would/could be the case with the McCanns. However, most of those are lies by the immediate family, not also including groups of people who have hardly met too. Also, i suspect most of them have lied immediately after the event and not planning it for an entire week, with so many people agreeing to be involved.

The best plan would be to have no plausible abductor 'confusion is good' remember
But, if I'm right and this was indeed the plan, it has ben brilliantly successful! It has lasted 8 years and 5 months so far
You are assuming here that there was/is a plan to stage an abduction from prior to the event happening. I agree, they have continued to keep things confused as it keeps the neglect charges at bay and keeps the money rolling in. However, i personally don't think they planned this prior to the fateful day, i simply think they have taken advantage of all the people around the case changing stories etc

Did they [decided to use Wojchiech Krokowski as a template for the abductor]?
I have said that that is what I think. And I have provided a whole lot of supporting evidence.
True, you have explained that it's your thinking

If Nuno Lourenco he was involved, the best thing for him to do would be to stay quiet
There is evidence that Lourenco wasa 'Murat contact'. Murat may have been a 'fixer'. Maybe Lourenco got paid for his plausible, but clearly fabricated, tale of Krokowski trying to kidnap his daughter in the door-way of a cake shop? 
Or maybe he thought someone was trying to kidnap his daughter but actually wasn't, then when the alarm was raised regarding Madeleine, that emphasized the memory and prompted him to over exaggerate a non-situation?

I think the only person who planned this sighting was Tanner herself. She is an attention seeker, who changed her stories/descriptions/ finger pointing more times than her underwear, hence she was quickly discredited as an unreliable witness.

Jane Tanner no more than an 'attention-seeker'? Boy, have you got this wrong!
Absolutely not got it wrong, in the early days she was talking to everyone, giving statements, sightings, suggested abductors, talking to the media etc etc etc...attention seeker.

IMO the only reason there is a connection between Tanner and Murat is something was going on between them, whether it be a fling, relationship, friendship, working relationship or part of a bigger swinging picture (still unproven). I don't think this was any big planning meeting about a full staged production of an abduction.
Jane Tanner was obviously integral to the kind of plan I have outlined. I am sure Murat was very much involved. I do not necessarily suggest that the two met that week although it is certainly possible,
We'll have to disagree on this one (which is healthy discussion). I don't think she was involved in any plan other than sticking herself in the heart of the action. Ever since, all that has happened is whatever has come out of her mouth has been torn apart and thrown in the bin. I personally believe here is a connection between Murat and Tanner, although i don't believe this was any way involved in Madeleine's demise

IMO [Nuno Lourenco was] another attention seeker trying to get in on the action "Yeah I saw someone too, look, I have  a picture" (gets press attention)
There is no evidence to support your theory, and a great deal of evidence to support mine. Did Nuno Lourenco get much press attention? No. And you must explain how Lourenco 'happened' to be able to take a photo of the ACTUAL car used by Krokowksi that week. He didn't go to the press, he went to the press. I don't you think that Lourenco and his fellow-plotters absolutely KNEW that the Portuguese Police would take the bait - and chase Krokwski around Europe? 
I'm not seeing any evidence to support yours other than your theory Tony, sorry. Apologies on how i wrote that, i was not saying he did get press attention, i was giving an example of someone who would think about getting involvedd to get attention/5 mins of fame, apologies. Lourenco no doubt got little press attention because his story was of no use. The police had many leads which they chased all over the world...it's just another red herring.

Everyone was talking, sharing details, Murat was close to he case, Tanner was always vocal. It's not hard to copy a description of someone to try and point the finger and take the glory for 'I spotted the man!'

How can you say that Lourenco 'copied' the description from Tanner? - when her description is based on the man that Lourenco identified and whose rented car he had photographed? One of the keys to understand this, @ guest12345, is to consider when and under what circumstances Lourenco took that photograph of Krokowski's ACTUAL car. Just ponder on that please. It didn't happen by accident, did it?
I didn't say Lourenco copied her description, i'm simply saying that everyone was talking and it's easy for anyone to copy/build upon/convince themselves of a description if they hear murmurings. Let me have a bit of a rummage around what PI info there is on the photo as i agree, that is a valid point, but might have a perfectly genuine explination **** Just looked at the PJ PI files relating to Nuno Lourenco and it states that he had spotted the man earlier in the day taking pictures of his kids which he thought was disgusting. He then recognised him again later on at the pastry shop and then watched him get into a car after he had left the shop, thus taking the pictures of the car***

I [don't think Lourenco and Tanner were given a script], more likely they both tried to come to the same conclusion to try and identify the perpetrator 
And came up with virtually identical descriptions of the man? Don't be daft
I'm not being daft and please stop being patronizing if you will, thanks. See comment above. The worlds press were there, police everywhere, everyone was talking and words spread like wildfire.

Tanner's statement became useless as time went on and she changed her stories, hence why Redwood recently weeded it away from people's attention so people could stop focusing on it. It could not be relied upon right from the early days.
Agreed, except to point out that Tannerman held centre stage for SIX YEARS, FIVE MONTHS and ELEVEN DAYS - until the Crimewatch fabrications on 14 October 2013
....because the McCanns and their PR team kept pushing it. That doesn't mean the various forces/agencies believed it. Redwood put it to bed once and for all.

IMO Tanner pointed the finger at Murat due to a personal disagreement with him and from being influenced by journos and profilers stating that he fitted the profile
Influenced - or rather directed - by the 'profilers' and other shadowy figures in the British security services - YES. Hence, for Jane Tanner, Krokowski rapidly morphed into Murat!! 
Quite possibly yes, she was in a position where she was under the spotlight based on what she has verbalized over the first few days so was under intense pressure to come up with the goods. With people pushing names and descriptions into her head, it's no wonder they changed so much and the police and others around quickly knew she was a total waste of time and effort. 

Replies in Red for you Tony, thanks...
guest12345

Activity : 92

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top