The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Yes it's time we stopped looking for Maddie. - Page 3 Mm11

Yes it's time we stopped looking for Maddie. - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Yes it's time we stopped looking for Maddie. - Page 3 Mm11

Yes it's time we stopped looking for Maddie. - Page 3 Regist10

Yes it's time we stopped looking for Maddie.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

solved Re: Yes it's time we stopped looking for Maddie.

Post by sar 02.04.15 12:02

'As my old DI said, "Bring Him in and bring his grandmother in." '

Brilliant!
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

solved Has TextUSA Given Up?

Post by Bishop Brennan 02.04.15 15:26

I'm a big fan of the TextUSA blog.  I read it avidly.   The most recent blog on "Closure" marks a real change in tone and I think TextUSA now suspects that the game is over and that Whitewash (the "swinging black hats") has won the day. 

"About the closure of the case, it is a real possibility which we have repeatedly warned about. We have said that the case is now down to 2 possibilities: truth or archival. No other.   But naming the 2 means both are real. Both can happen depending on the political courage required for each option."

"But, for reasons less strange than those that made this affair become what it has become, Nº10 may decide it is best to close the case. As we said, and repeat, it’s an option on the table at the moment."

Of course there is much written to say that this is not the case, but for the first time the supporting evidence comes across as rather weak, and not at all convincing - and the tone is very much of a writer who doesn't really believe what she is writing.

"But even if Nº10 closes the case, there is one minor detail that is being overlooked: what about the Portuguese process?"

"If these processes, in UK and Portugal, close without results we’re anticipating a certain (high) degree of discontent on the part of the public of both countries."

I don't think there is anyone - including TextUSA who actually believes that there is a Portuguese process.  As Amaral himself told us, it was opened for purely procedural reasons - in order to legally provide assistance to SY under the ILR system.

TextUSA also knows - as we know - that other than in this and similar forums, there won't even be a murmur about the closing.  "Poor Maddie" will be the public response, "poor parents" - all in response to some final sob-stories from the red-tops.

Maybe I'm wrong, and the writer was just having a down day, but I don't think so.  The next big move is the Lisbon Verdict.  Regardless of the verdict, that's the first opportunity for YEARS that SY / DC have had to close this down.  I think TextUSA believes that a close-down is now the most likely conclusion.  Frankly I agree - it's hard to see any other exit strategy.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 02.04.15 15:30

BB
I interpreted the opposite - that TextUSA does NOT see the case being closed down in a whitewash:

copied across courtesy of Textusa site- she addresses the UK:

'So, by all means, UK, do close the process. It’s only history you’re making whatever decision you make.

But please have the message brought to us from where it has to come from and that is only from Nº10.

And Nº10 hasn't given any sign of wanting to do that. Not now, so close to the elections in May.

We're seeing Nº10 closing this process as much as we're seeing Nº10 announcing such a decision via a tabloid. We aren't.'

also, see this from Portugal Resident news- again courtesy of the TextUSA blog

http://portugalresident.com/ex-detective-adds-his-voice-to-the-legions-backing-disgraced-maddie-cop
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 02.04.15 15:40

I'd agree with you HelenMeg, on the surface the blog concludes by making the case that it WON'T be closed down. I'm just sensing that the tone of the article doesn't match the words. My suspicion is that this is because although TextUSA HOPES that it won't be closed (for the reasons stated) she is starting to believe that it will.

Time as always will tell. And April / May are likely to see the final moves in this long-running saga.

Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 02.04.15 15:54

OK, understand what you mean...

She certainly makes the case that there is no longer a third option - that of solving the case with a 'made up' scenario.  Its down to either truth or shelving. Let's hope..
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 02.04.15 16:11

Bishop Brennan wrote:I'd agree with you HelenMeg, on the surface the blog concludes by making the case that it WON'T be closed down.  I'm just sensing that the tone of the article doesn't match the words.  My suspicion is that this is because although TextUSA HOPES that it won't be closed (for the reasons stated) she is starting to believe that it will.

Time as always will tell.  And April / May are likely to see the final moves in this long-running saga.  

Well, either way, it's a 'double edged sword', isn't it?

SY/MET/OG 'think' they have 'got away with it' (whitewash)

THEN

BAM! The PJ 'release' their 'files' detailing every detail of the 'co-operation, or NOT' of the OG 'team' with the PJ.

Think, Detective Supertintendent Stuart Prior of Leicestershire Police.

We prefer not to discuss this with Stuart Prior: we have the impression that he is only here to accompany the McCanns' interrogations and to prevent their detention. His concern on that subject is obvious.

SP: “I will need to get back to the McCanns as he has asked to be updated."

SP: "I have given Gerry a brief update"

Just one hour later Superintendent Prior, "What are you planning around Mr Kennedy and the private investigation firm?”

Phishing, phishing, phishing!

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3369-d-s-stuart-prior-was-only-there-to-stop-the-mccanns-going-into-custody-the-issue-of-dr-kate-mccann-s-fingerprints-being-the-only-ones-found-on-the-window

"Be careful what you wish for"..................SY/MET/OG!

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna 02.04.15 17:48

I was quite impressed with 'Police Oracle' on the McCann case... and with the Anonymous comments.  Very sensible on the whole.  A lot of the rest of the page was interesting too, so I have signed up to receive it regularly.
comperedna

Activity : 781

Back to top Go down

Post by Lands_end 02.04.15 18:37

PeterMac wrote:
Lands_end wrote:
Well according to DE she is being held in a "Hellish Lair" in the "Lawless Hills". Quite what sort of research he undertook to establish these facts is anyones guess. Did he vist one of these "Lairs" perchance to lead him to this conclusion? Fill in the gaps please someone in the know.

Mitchell was with him when he said that, so one supposes Mitchell also believes it.
In any event none of the McCann Team has ever said anything different, or sought to resile from that position, so we must assume they all believe it.
Which then raises a question.
The Hellish Lair was said to be within 10 miles of PdL.
A circle with radius 10 miles has an area of 300 square miles. But half of that is in the sea.
So there was only 150 square miles to search.

Most of that is towns, roads, cultivated fields, and golf courses, which probably then leaves only 30 square miles of "Lawless Hinterland"
They have had 8 YEARS, nearly 3000 days.   So 100 days per square mile.

They could have done this on their hands and knees.

The fact is Edgar and Mitchell are both CRETINS.
One is aware that they are seen as cretins but also aware that they are dancing to the tune of team Gerry and Kate McCann. Where has this "hellish lair" been introduced? Not originated from Edgar for sure so who does that leave? Think of the McCann Payne conversation according to Gasper. Trying to be twee and think out of the BOXXXXXXXX. Probably in that peculiar Carlsberg way not making much progress.
Lands_end

Activity : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.04.15 18:43

I'm sure SY have asked about the Hellish Lair.

It must have been one of the first things they did surely?

Or...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by String 02.04.15 19:02

nod
comperedna wrote:I was quite impressed with 'Police Oracle' on the McCann case... and with the Anonymous comments.  Very sensible on the whole.  A lot of the rest of the page was interesting too, so I have signed up to receive it regularly.
String
String

Activity : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Lands_end 02.04.15 20:04

BlueBag wrote:I'm sure SY have asked about the Hellish Lair.

Or...
Fill in the gaps please. For some reason they mentioned the role of the PIs.
Lands_end

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.04.15 8:16

Lands_end wrote:

Or...
Or...

They didn't because they know it's BS.

In which case I'm sure SY have asked Edgar why he was issuing BS.

Or...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.04.15 10:59

Just a 'quickie'

Does the 'full time' OG 'operate' 24/7 or do OG not 'investigate' (actually in the 'office') the 'abduction' of a child, who 'was abducted' almost 8 years ago, at weekends?

If OG 'don't' er, work, at weekends, on bank holidays, etc., have the 'desperate' parents confronted them, demanded that OG's 38, solely dedicated, full time police/staff, 'do so', if they don't, about this?

Say like when the 'absolutely desperate' parents of the 'abducted' child are watching a few live football matches, attending Commonwealth games, etc., OG should be 'searching, intensely, full time' for the child they 'lost'?

"An 'abducted' kid's 'search' is for life, not just 5 days a week"

I've not heard of any protestations from the McCann 'family', about 'ongoing' OG.

They 'claim' they are 'well happy' with MET/OG, well, they were, with DCI Redwood 'in charge'.

Are they so 'happy' with DCI Wall, 'in charge'?

thinking

Is OG's 'search/hunt' for a child that 'was abducted', as only the parents have TOLD them, a full time 'search/hunt' or a 'part time' 'search/hunt'?

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Lands_end 03.04.15 22:35

BlueBag wrote:
Lands_end wrote:

Or...
Or...

They didn't because they know it's BS.

In which case I'm sure SY have asked Edgar why he was issuing BS.

Or...
In which case , why did they mention the PI's?
I would have thought that any person referring to a "lair" with even the slightest inferrence to paedophiles would be placed under arrest and interviewed under caution as to their sources. Keep chipping at this please people. The truth is out there somewhere and with the number of people now involved with this case they cannot all remain silent. At least one has a price.
Lands_end

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top