The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by ChippyM on 01.03.15 18:22

@Benion wrote:I think the arrested people may be minors because they have given no details about them.

A possibility I suppose but maybe it's because they haven't been charged with anything. Police have said it is 'one line of inquiry' which means there must be more than one and maybe they are questioning people to rule them out?

ChippyM

Posts : 910
Reputation : 129
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by margaret on 01.03.15 21:30

Q
@ChippyM wrote:
  The message alone isn't proof of course but why did the father need to imply his daughter had been assaulted? He was essentially telling the public what had happened before the police have been able to confirm it?!  How do you help a missing persons inquiry by tweeting something that implies the missing person has possibly been killed? All very odd IMO, it reminds me of the McCanns and the advice from the police not to give certain details.
  
there are other things too that don't add up. No-one saw her leave the house, presumably there is no CCTV or it would have been released, there are doubts about who was in the house when she was last seen and then all the forensics in the house and garden and a huge oil drum being removed.
   It would be wrong to accuse someone outright but naive to think everyone within the family is telling the complete truth about the circumstances.  

 A second house has been searched now and a car removed that had been there a week.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Missing-Bristol-Teenager-Police-search-house/story-26101899-detail/story.html
Chipym, reminds me of the Mccanns saying Maddie suffered from nosebleeds, giving an excuse for any blood found. Earlier in the thread it was mentioned the father referred to his daughter in past tense. Something's not right it's definitely someone close to her IMO.

margaret

Posts : 585
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by ultimaThule on 01.03.15 22:16

@Benion wrote:I think the arrested people may be minors because they have given no details about them.

It seems to me more probable that Bristol police have learned from the case of Christopher Jefferies, Benion.

In any event, if the 2 persons who were taken into custody yesterday are still being held they must be suspected of a serious crime such as murder, in which case the police have up to 36 hours to question them before either charging them, releasing them, or applying to the Magistrates for an extension of a further 60 hours.

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by Hobs on 01.03.15 23:25

I have concerns with he statements from dad and step mom.
Dad refers to her in the past tense several times which is unexpected given this was soon after she vanished.
step mom says she 'SEEMED normal, seemed ok just a little grumpy.
We then have dad referring to his daughter's menses 3 times in 11 mins and the strange post about Pandora's box.

Past tense reference in a missing person cases, especially a child is always a red flag and must be noted.
It is unexpected, especially from parants who are un denial that their child could be dead/is dead even if found cold and in full rigor.
parents will often refer to their child in the present tense for a time afterwards, especially moms such is and parental instinct.

I would ask why he refers to her in the past tense?
Does he have guilt or guilty knowledge?
Has he been given a reason to suspect she is dead?
Who gave them reason?

I alo noted that the stepmom showed little to no emotion and when talking about just wanting her home, shakes her head vigorously no.

He introduced tidiness in the process of free editing saying she could be as messy as she liked which indicates there were issues at home.

Is the sensitivity due perhaps to them rowing or fighting before she vanished?

Why does he describe her as so shy and introvery she would not buy a bus ticket or go to a till when her photos etc seems to indicate a normal teen?

Introverts and shy people don't want o stand out, they dress simply and plainly not to draw attention, this includes hair color.

Dyed red hair is designed to attract attention.

Is the dad's description what he wanted her to be rather than what she is?

The dad's body language reminds me of mick philpott and kristi abrahams, it is too OTT.
I would expect to see emotion and upset especially from the women yet he is all over the place weeping and wailing and the step mom is blank.

The family seem resigned to her not being alive and this is unexpected when th usual is that the missing child is safe or has run away and is with friends and the hope stays until either the body is found or it is unlikely due to time for them to be alive - especially children.

If it is true about the text asking if she would be issed if she disappeared?
this is something unusual and unepected.
What would prompt such a text?
if she ran away then it is expected she would have taken what was important to her with her.

I would question who actually sent the text if it exists?

it would make me think scene setting (justin dipietro claiming he was scared his toddlerdaughter would be abducted and then lo and behold she disappears soon after)

The problem with texts is there is no way to verify who actually set the text.

I would ask when was she last seen by an independent witness?

I would also ask why they waited 28 hrs to report her missing given they had tried to contact her and no response and she didn't come home.

Given her age , she is classed as a minor and LE should have been called  that evening if not sooner since she wasn't responding to texts and no one knew where she was.
I would presume they would have contacted family and friends to see if she was with them and if not then call 911 and report her missing.

Something is off here with the parents.
is it guilt or guilty knowledge or is it sensitivity about something else that was going on such as fights and rows etc?

The fact LE are digging up gardens and searching lakes seems to imply they are looking for a body not a live child.

it also caught my eye they removed a large barrel shaped object from the house.
I do not recall this happening in other missing child cases where the parents aren't suspected  of involvement or there are concerns that something else was going on such as family issues.

What were they carrying out and why?

____________________
The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life.

Hobs

Posts : 715
Reputation : 288
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 52
Location : uk

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by fz2 on 02.03.15 4:35

@Hobs wrote:I have concerns with he statements from dad and step mom.
Dad refers to her in the past tense several times which is unexpected given this was soon after she vanished.
step mom says she 'SEEMED normal, seemed ok just a little grumpy.
We then have dad referring to his daughter's menses 3 times in 11 mins and the strange post about Pandora's box.

Past tense reference in a missing person cases, especially a child is always a red flag and must be noted.
It is unexpected, especially from parants who are un denial that their child could be dead/is dead even if found cold and in full rigor.
parents will often refer to their child in the present tense for a time afterwards, especially moms such is and parental instinct.

I would ask why he refers to her in the past tense?
Does he have guilt or guilty knowledge?
Has he been given a reason to suspect she is dead?
Who gave them reason?

I alo noted that the stepmom showed little to no emotion and when talking about just wanting her home, shakes her head vigorously no.

He introduced tidiness in the process of free editing saying she could be as messy as she liked which indicates there were issues at home.

Is the sensitivity due perhaps to them rowing or fighting before she vanished?

Why does he describe her as so shy and introvery she would not buy a bus ticket or go to a till when her photos etc seems to indicate a normal teen?

Introverts and shy people don't want o stand out, they dress simply and plainly not to draw attention, this includes hair color.

Dyed red hair is designed to attract attention.

Is the dad's description what he wanted her to be rather than what she is?

The dad's body language reminds me of mick philpott and kristi abrahams, it is too OTT.
I would expect to see emotion and upset especially from the women yet he is all over the place weeping and wailing and the step mom is blank.

The family seem resigned to her not being alive and this is unexpected when th usual is that the missing child is safe or has run away and is with friends and the hope stays until either the body is found or it is unlikely due to time for them to be alive - especially children.

If it is true about the text asking if she would be issed if she disappeared?
this is something unusual and unepected.
What would prompt such a text?
if she ran away then it is expected she would have taken what was important to her with her.

I would question who actually sent the text if it exists?

it would make me think scene setting (justin dipietro claiming he was scared his toddlerdaughter would be abducted and then lo and behold she disappears soon after)

The problem with texts is there is no way to verify who actually set the text.

I would ask when was she last seen by an independent witness?

I would also ask why they waited 28 hrs to report her missing given they had tried to contact her and no response and she didn't come home.

Given her age , she is classed as a minor and LE should have been called  that evening if not sooner since she wasn't responding to texts and no one knew where she was.
I would presume they would have contacted family and friends to see if she was with them and if not then call 911 and report her missing.

Something is off here with the parents.
is it guilt or guilty knowledge or is it sensitivity about something else that was going on such as fights and rows etc?

The fact LE are digging up gardens and searching lakes seems to imply they are looking for a body not a live child.

it also caught my eye they removed a large barrel shaped object from the house.
I do not recall this happening in other missing child cases where the parents aren't suspected  of involvement or there are concerns that something else was going on such as family issues.

What were they carrying out and why?
Here in the UK Hobbs a sixteen year old is not classed as a minor.

fz2

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by Benion on 02.03.15 8:47

They have recently changed it so 16 is a minor. I know as recently my friends 16 year old went missing and they got social services and the police child protection team involved. What is odd is she was missing for a week and no digging up gardens was done. Turns out she had run off with a new boyfriend but social services told her to go back to mum or they would put her in care.

Benion

Posts : 76
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by ultimaThule on 02.03.15 9:41

That is most unusual, Benion.

In England, Wales and N. Ireland, 18 is the age of majority and has been since 1970.  However, at 16 minors can leave home without the consent of their parents/carers and they cannot be compelled to return unless by order of a court of law - something which, unless there were particular fears for the safety of the the minor, most Social Services Departments would be extremely reluctant to apply for.

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by joyce1938 on 02.03.15 9:52

There must be evidence of some sort ,to go to all this trouble ,she could have gone on a jolly to see people and wont disclose till she wants to be found ,surely this seems a high scale inquiry ? costing a lot of money ?sio what evidence must they already have ? just not disclosing .? joyce1938

joyce1938

Posts : 805
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 77
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by jeanmonroe on 02.03.15 10:11

I agree with Hobs.

Body 'language'.

The father, "Stock STILL" at police 'appeal'  OTT in house 'interview' (Phillpot 'moment')

Stock 'still' (prevent 'leakage') is as bad as OTT 'animation' for body language 'experts' ( of which i am not one, i hasten to add)

Where's our Shazza Leal?

"sorted' in 15 seconds, FLAT'!

eta: Hope none of the 'specialist' EXPERTS from other 'forces' are from the 'elite, experienced', MET 'missing persons' unit! (otherwise we'll be 'here' for 4 YEARS, and still NO (UK) 'EVIDENCE' of....... ANYTHING!)

(JOKING?)

Perhaps we should go 'international' and 'invite' say, the PJ, (fresh eyes) from Portugal, to the UK, to 'help' solve this 'case'  winkwink

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by MRNOODLES on 02.03.15 11:43

IIRC Maxine Carr gave her and Huntly away , by the use of past tense. IMO the ivestigation team would've heard bells ringing straight away.

MRNOODLES

Posts : 637
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2013-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by ChippyM on 02.03.15 11:49

Forensics have been back in the family home and a third house is being searched, the police have been granted a further 36 hours to question the two arrested.

ChippyM

Posts : 910
Reputation : 129
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by ultimaThule on 02.03.15 11:59

As I've said on the previous page, the fact they've been held for 36 hours indicates that those arrested on Saturday are suspected of a serious crime such as murder.

Having been granted a further 36 hours to question the suspects, the police can only apply for one further extension of 24 hours before either charging or releasing them.

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by ChippyM on 02.03.15 12:35

according to the DM the third house being searched is opposite the boyfriend's house, it could possibly be the house she stayed at.

An appeal has been put out for info on the black car that has been seized.



http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rebecca-watts-live-updates-search-5257234

ChippyM

Posts : 910
Reputation : 129
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by ChippyM on 02.03.15 12:43

@ChippyM wrote:according to the DM the third house being searched is opposite the boyfriend's house, it could possibly be the house she stayed at.

An appeal has been put out for info on the black car that has been seized. They want to know where it was in the days before and after her dissapearence.



http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rebecca-watts-live-updates-search-5257234


Sorry , meant to edit not quote!

ChippyM

Posts : 910
Reputation : 129
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by ultimaThule on 02.03.15 12:47

You should be in time to delete your extraneous post, Chippy.

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by Doug D on 02.03.15 12:57

Certainly not looking good.


http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Missing-Bristol-teenager-Police-appeal-witnesses/story-26105603-detail/story.html?%3F%3F
Snipped:
"We would like to hear from anyone who saw a black Vauxhall Zafira with the registration plate HY06 HYA.
"The critical time period is from the morning of Thursday 19th February until Monday 23rd February. We are, however, keen to speak to anyone who saw this vehicle in the days either side of this.
"We also need to speak to any previous owners of this vehicle. If you have owned this car in the last few years, we need to speak to you as a matter of urgency.’


Checking on the dogs indications maybe?
 
Anybody ‘had a nosebleed’ or died in the car in the past?

Doug D

Posts : 2152
Reputation : 642
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by MRNOODLES on 02.03.15 13:50

VAUXHALL
Model ZAFIRA CLUB
Type MPV
Doors 5 DOOR MPV
Year 2006
Colour BLACK
Engine size 1598
Transmission 5 SPEED MANUAL PETROL
Fuel PETROL
Date of 1st Registration 13 Mar 2006
Vehicle Registration Mark **06 ***
Number of previous owners 2

MRNOODLES

Posts : 637
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2013-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by jeanmonroe on 02.03.15 14:17

Colour........ BLACK.
------------------------------

OMG: the 'PC' brigade will be out in force, over THAT!   laughat

"Not ALL black cars are involved in crimes, y'know, ok, yah?" etc.,  laughat

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by jeanmonroe on 02.03.15 14:48

Beckys' dad:

13:35 pm, today.

"Life is an absolute hell on earth nightmare, it seems to be going on and on forever, we want closure and we want it 'to go all away' and 'get everything back to 'normal'

Hmmmm.

No 'appealing' to possible 'abductors/kidnappers' then, 'offering' EVERYTHING they 'have' for Becky's safe 'return'?

Reminisent of KM's "we were glad the investigation (into our daughter, Madeleine's 'disappearance') was CLOSED"?

and her other infamous 'quote'

"whether the investigation (into our daughter's 'disappearance') is re-opened, or not, it dosen't matter"

(like every 'missing' persons 'relatives' WANT!)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Campeão das Províncias: "Do you think the reopening of the process is possible?"

Gonçalo Amaral: "I remind you that they (the McCanns) “demanded” the archiving of the process, in 2008, when they were arguidos, merely to defend their image. They are not interested in the reopening of the process or of the investigation"
----------------------------------------------------

Kate and Gerry McCann:

"Have never requested the re-opening of the investigation into her disappearance." 2008/9/10.

Just to 'add': Have Becky's parents received a 'I feel your pain' letter from an ambassador of a 'missing' persons 'charity' and saying "here's £30,000 from our private £700,000 Madeleine 'fund',  you possibly 'donated' to, to 'fund' your own private search.We can supply the names of the very best PI's, 'available' if you want"

"we will even 'allow' our paid spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, to 'speak' on your behalf, should you require that"

"We have also asked our billionaire friend, RB, and his wealthy friends, to set up a £100,000 'fund' for 'legal fees', should you ever need it"

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by Benion on 02.03.15 14:49

What I find odd is when my friend's 16 year old girl went missing, and she is classed as vulnerable due to mental health issues there was no digging or sniffer dogs. She turned up after a week, so why is this case being treated differently?

Benion

Posts : 76
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by Benion on 02.03.15 15:06

Police calling a press conference at 430 pm today

Benion

Posts : 76
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by jeanmonroe on 02.03.15 15:14

Anyone know if Becky's parents have contacted ex DCI Redwood, of OG, for his 30 years of 'elite, expert, experienced' help in locating 'missing' young girls?

His 'expertise' would be 'invaluable' i would have thought.

Oh, hang on.............

Well, he's at a 'loose end' isn't he?

It might well be a SECOND 'extraordinary priviledge' for him to 'be involved' in another young girl's 'missing' person case.

BIG 'bonus' point for ex DCI Mahog, getting 'involved', will be, there will be NO, repeat, NO suffocating 'remit' to him 'finding' Becky!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by Benion on 02.03.15 15:25

Press conference now postponed due to a "development".

Benion

Posts : 76
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by jeanmonroe on 02.03.15 15:33

@Benion wrote:Press conference now postponed due to a "development".

SEE!

No sooner do i mention ex DCI Mahogany, and there's a 'developement'!

The 'pig' farmer dun it!

or 'wuz it the 50 year old schitzo druggie'?

So many 'suspects', so little time, before libel case 'ends'!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by Hobs on 02.03.15 16:37

The two people arrested over the disappearance of Becky Watts in Bristol have been rearrested over her murder, police have said.
 

Breaking on sky news

The two people arrested over the disappearance of Becky Watts in Bristol have been further arrested over her murder, police have said.
A 28-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman had been earlier arrested for kidnap on Saturday.
Police have said they now have both been rearrested on suspicion of the more serious charge.
It came after police said they had seized a black Vauxhall Zafira - registration HY06 HYA - and said they wanted to speak to anyone who had ever owned the car or had seen it between 19 and 23 February




http://news.sky.com/story/1437106/becky-watts-two-held-on-suspicion-of-murder

____________________
The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life.

Hobs

Posts : 715
Reputation : 288
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 52
Location : uk

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum