The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Mm11

WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Mm11

WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Regist10

WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH?

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who still thinks this is a whitewash?

WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 19 ]
WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 5 ]
WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 22 ]
WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 11 ]
WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 25 ]

Total Votes : 84

WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Empty Re: WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH?

Post by Guest 28.07.14 15:22

I agree with Cristobell. 

Further, the damages trial is over. Just a verdict to be given. A criminal investigation by British prosecution and police has nothing to do whatsoever with a civil courtcase in which the outcome of the investigation is not in question anyway.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH? - Page 2 Empty Re: WHO STILL THINKS THIS IS A WHITEWASH?

Post by Liz Eagles 28.07.14 15:31

MarcoG wrote:I agree with Cristobell. 

Further, the damages trial is over. Just a verdict to be given. A criminal investigation by British prosecution and police has nothing to do whatsoever with a civil courtcase in which the outcome of the investigation is not in question anyway.
Who told you this?

Are you saying that the damages trial is all done and dusted in September?

How confident of this are you?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.07.14 15:35

aquila wrote:

Who told you this?

No, you're right about that. The lawyers will make their speeches before the verdict, right. But the rest is done, or am I wrong. And am I wrong in saying, that this trial now is not depending on the matter of the British police investigation, Aquila? Not an unimportant point regarding this whole put a tenner on the investigation influencing the trial-thingy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 28.07.14 15:49

MarcoG wrote:
aquila wrote:

Who told you this?

No, you're right about that. The lawyers will make their speeches before the verdict, right. But the rest is done, or am I wrong. And am I wrong in saying, that this trial now is not depending on the matter of the British police investigation, Aquila? Not an unimportant point regarding this whole put a tenner on the investigation influencing the trial-thingy.
Along with everything else attached to Madeleine McCann's case this must be one of the longest libel trials in history. Why anyone can think after 5 years+ that this will conclude within the next few months beats me. Then of course, should the McCanns lose then there will be the appeal process.

To think that SY's 'investigation' and subsequent 'uncanny timing' is coincidental is imo naiive. I apologize if that offends you.

It cannot be denied nor excused that SY's 'media moments' are conveniently timed to coincide with the libel trial.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 28.07.14 15:57

As far as I'm aware the McCann's, are to date, the only parents of a missing child who were afforded a government spin doctor to speak on their behalf, and to control the flow of information. Now why was that?

Andy Redwood said that the parents were not people of interest. No reconstruction, yet the timelines and conflicting statements all cry out for one.
The time spent digging in PDL recently, looking for a body, and not finding one, tied in very nicely with the McCann's court appearance the following week, allowing them to say with confidence the never ending mantra of......' there is no evidence to suggest that Madeleine has come to harm'.

All samples sent to the UK for analysis came back 'inconclusive'.

If this were a genuine investigation, on the evidence of the dogs alone, the McCann's should be the prime suspects, not dead drug addicts, and not burglars.  

I am in the camp of whitewash.......but I don't want to be!

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 28.07.14 16:15

I keep thinking there must have been some one very important in PLD at the time of Madeleine,s demise for theccanns to get all this help,but to be honest I cant think of anyone, unless they are the ones who did the deed to Madeleine,so my head tells me a whitewash but in my heart I hope that sy say enough is enough and there is justice for Madeleine at the end of this sy review.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.07.14 16:31

aquila wrote:
MarcoG wrote:
aquila wrote:

Who told you this?

Along with everything else attached to Madeleine McCann's case this must be one of the longest libel trials in history. Why anyone can think after 5 years+ that this will conclude within the next few months beats me. Then of course, should the McCanns lose then there will be the appeal process.

To think that SY's 'investigation' and subsequent 'uncanny timing' is coincidental is imo naiive. I apologize if that offends you.

It cannot be denied nor excused that SY's 'media moments' are conveniently timed to coincide with the libel trial.
I'm not that easily offended, Aquila. You can call me naiive. Can I call you psychotic?  Nah. :)
But I don't have to be told things which I can read in the news, just like you can, and analyse all by myself. I don't have a special sauce . I might just understand it a little better.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 28.07.14 16:45

At this moment I don't think it is a whitewash. This could very well change the next time AR speaks.

I have been following the Claudia Lawrence case in recent months and how that (re) investigation is being conducted and IMO there are similarities to how SY have been doing things in Portugal.

Also I'm thinking that the M's have set aside a lot of money with the name of a high end barrister on it. It would partly explain why no prosecution has gone ahead yet. It would be pointless trying a circumstantial case when up against a top barrister.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 28.07.14 17:01

Imo its a whitewash. I agree with Helenmeg when she writes that possibly someone "important" is being protected. This is why I voted for the case will go on indefinitely. That is unless somehow we get to hear the truth of the matter, and the person in question can no longer be protected, as all is out in the open. If this should happen, it will be an historic skandaal (scandal), and will cause many changes, and much public anger. This is why, to my mind, government got involved from the get go. I also believe there is a wider connected circle, in Portugal, who also have something to lose, (in the UK, and elsewhere), who have shared interests, who protect the McCanns. If the McCanns fall, so will they.

Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Post by Five Ice Creams 28.07.14 19:19

Snifferdog wrote:Imo its a whitewash. I agree with Helenmeg when she writes that possibly someone "important" is being protected. This is why I voted for the case will go on indefinitely. That is unless somehow we get to hear the truth of the matter, and the person in question can no longer be protected, as all is out in the open. If this should happen, it will be an historic skandaal (scandal), and will cause many changes, and much public anger. This is why, to my mind, government got involved from the get go. I also believe there is a wider connected circle, in Portugal, who also have something to lose, (in the UK, and elsewhere), who have shared interests, who protect the McCanns. If the McCanns fall, so will they.
This is pretty much my thinking: Governments (current and previous) knew this breaking scandal was in the pipeline.  Currently there is no real endgame decided.  It will, IMO, depend on whether the person(s) originally receiving the protection can continue to be protected as the scandal breaks in more detail. 

If they can be protected, so will that gang of cowards aka T9. 

If they cannot be protected, T9 will be thrown to the media-wolves in an attempt to bury the really "bad" news about whomever really is being protected.
Five Ice Creams

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 28.07.14 21:16

Five Ice Creams wrote:
Snifferdog wrote:Imo its a whitewash. I agree with Helenmeg when she writes that possibly someone "important" is being protected. This is why I voted for the case will go on indefinitely. That is unless somehow we get to hear the truth of the matter, and the person in question can no longer be protected, as all is out in the open. If this should happen, it will be an historic skandaal (scandal), and will cause many changes, and much public anger. This is why, to my mind, government got involved from the get go. I also believe there is a wider connected circle, in Portugal, who also have something to lose, (in the UK, and elsewhere), who have shared interests, who protect the McCanns. If the McCanns fall, so will they.
This is pretty much my thinking: Governments (current and previous) knew this breaking scandal was in the pipeline.  Currently there is no real endgame decided.  It will, IMO, depend on whether the person(s) originally receiving the protection can continue to be protected as the scandal breaks in more detail. 

If they can be protected, so will that gang of cowards aka T9. 

If they cannot be protected, T9 will be thrown to the media-wolves in an attempt to bury the really "bad" news about whomever really is being protected.
Totally agree Five Ice Creams (still not enough IMO). Endgame plan still undecided - still being slowly negotiated -maybe subject to more twists and turns as some lay on the pressure. And yes, agree that the fate of the T9 depends on whether protection can / should continue or not.  Would so love to know the inner depths of this case...
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 28.07.14 23:04

You know, wouldn't it be great if OG decided enough is enough and done the right thing (that is if they're going down the whitewash road)? If they grow a pair and see what I and many others can see and justice was done, I think OG would be applauded for their work and the celebs and public alike would probably not kick off about their donations if maddie was found and had her decent burial with the perpetrators behind bars. Well, in the end that's what I want, although, it'd be brill if she was found alive and well, I'd be the first to apologise, but with the police reports and Eddie and Keela that's not likely IMO  Sad

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 29.07.14 0:17

@ Cristobell --- Well, your choice of title: 'Who Still Thinks this is a Whitwash?' is, shall we say, interesting.

It's right up there alongside: 'When did you stop beating your wife?'

A little while ago, in what was I think the most popular poll ever on the forum, people were asked the simple question, by Admin, about Operation Grange: 'Justice or Whitewash?'

In other words, was this a wholehearted search for the truth and justice from the beginning, or was it a'whitewash' - some form of deliberate cover-up?

Out of the 203 who voted:

57% (115) said 'Justice', while

43% (88) said 'Whitewash'.

Which meant that there were at least 88 people on the forum who, in that poll, leaned towards 'Whitewash'.

My perception is that very few have changed their views since then, but those that have done so have tended to move from 'Justice' towards 'Whitewash', not the other way.

Indeed, that's reflected by the contributions to this thread.

Going strictly by what members have said on this thread, we seem to have

Leaning towards Grange being a genuine search for the truth:
Cristobell
MarleneP
Newintown
Carry on Doctor
Justformaddie
rustyjames
Marco G and
TheTuthWill Out = 8

Neutral/Can't say one way or the other
HelenMeg

Leaning towards Grange not being a genuine search for the truth:
aquila
BlueBag
Angelique
pennylane
Praiaa
Hicks
tiny
Snifferdog
Five Ice Creams and
me = 10.

I think if the Justice v Whitewash poll were re-run, there would now be a majority for 'Whitewash'.

Indeed, in the light of the deliberately staged and televised rides in a Portuguese Mark III Alouette helicopter, a scrap of scrubland thoroughly searched 7 years ago seen crawling with people with pickaxes, shovels, augers, ground-penetrating radar, bags of animal bones, tents, police officers, assistants, cameramen and a suited-and-booted DCI Andy Redwood photographed, Impressionist-style, in a field of slightly blurry grasses, and last but not least four patsies asked 253 questions each including: 'Did you kill Madeleine McCann?', I think it might well be a significant majority for 'Whitewash'.

But how I would love to be proved wrong, how I would love to see this forum and others like it brought to a close by the arrest, charging, conviction and sentencing of the person or persons responsible, a long 2,643 days ago now, for one of the world's most notorious-ever crimes - responsibility for the sudden disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 29.07.14 10:12

Tony Bennett "But how I would love to be proved wrong, how I would love to see this forum and others like it brought to a close by the arrest, charging, conviction and sentencing of the person or persons responsible, a long 2,643 days ago now, for one of the world's most notorious-ever crimes - responsibility for the sudden disappearance of Madeleine McCann."

Hear hear Tony!
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 29.07.14 22:16

HelenMeg wrote:Tony Bennett "But how I would love to be proved wrong, how I would love to see this forum and others like it brought to a close by the arrest, charging, conviction and sentencing of the person or persons responsible, a long 2,643 days ago now, for one of the world's most notorious-ever crimes - responsibility for the sudden disappearance of Madeleine McCann."

Hear hear Tony!

Tony 

My sentiments also.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 29.07.14 22:42

Spot on Tony.

Question. What did the recent digging in Portugal actually achieve for the investigation?

Answer.  Absolutely nothing......but it did help back up the McCann's claim that there is still no evidence that Madeleine has come to any harm. And just in time as they were due back in court.

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 29.07.14 22:53

We might equally label the topic "Who Still Has Faith in the British Justice System?"

I don`t and probably never have done.  Although I forever hold out hope that there just might be someone that`s uncorruptible in our establishment.

And, although Goncalo says he has faith in the Portuguese Justice System, I don`t think he does really, but he has to say he does.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 29.07.14 23:11

Tony Bennett wrote:@ Cristobell --- Well, your choice of title: 'Who Still Thinks this is a Whitwash?' is, shall we say, interesting.

It's right up there alongside: 'When did you stop beating your wife?'

A little while ago, in what was I think the most popular poll ever on the forum, people were asked the simple question, by Admin, about Operation Grange: 'Justice or Whitewash?'

In other words, was this a wholehearted search for the truth and justice from the beginning, or was it a'whitewash' - some form of deliberate cover-up?

Out of the 203 who voted:

57% (115) said 'Justice', while

43% (88) said 'Whitewash'.

Which meant that there were at least 88 people on the forum who, in that poll, leaned towards 'Whitewash'.

My perception is that very few have changed their views since then, but those that have done so have tended to move from 'Justice' towards 'Whitewash', not the other way.

Indeed, that's reflected by the contributions to this thread.

Going strictly by what members have said on this thread, we seem to have

Leaning towards Grange being a genuine search for the truth:
Cristobell
MarleneP
Newintown
Carry on Doctor
Justformaddie
rustyjames
Marco G and
TheTuthWill Out = 8

Neutral/Can't say one way or the other
HelenMeg

Leaning towards Grange not being a genuine search for the truth:
aquila
BlueBag
Angelique
pennylane
Praiaa
Hicks
tiny
Snifferdog
Five Ice Creams and
me = 10.

I think if the Justice v Whitewash poll were re-run, there would now be a majority for 'Whitewash'.

Indeed, in the light of the deliberately staged and televised rides in a Portuguese Mark III Alouette helicopter, a scrap of scrubland thoroughly searched 7 years ago seen crawling with people with pickaxes, shovels, augers, ground-penetrating radar, bags of animal bones, tents, police officers, assistants, cameramen and a suited-and-booted DCI Andy Redwood photographed, Impressionist-style, in a field of slightly blurry grasses, and last but not least four patsies asked 253 questions each including: 'Did you kill Madeleine McCann?', I think it might well be a significant majority for 'Whitewash'.

But how I would love to be proved wrong, how I would love to see this forum and others like it brought to a close by the arrest, charging, conviction and sentencing of the person or persons responsible, a long 2,643 days ago now, for one of the world's most notorious-ever crimes - responsibility for the sudden disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
Hi Tony,

I hope you are well.

Apologies if the title was ambiguous, it wasn't intentional, this is first online poll I have done! 

I was merely curious as to the overall opinion, and of course statistics are themselves open to interpretation.  I think however, you are probably right, more people do lean towards a cover up of sorts.  What a sad reflection of our society that we have so little faith in the government and the police.  I'm never of course 100% sure about anything (except the parents were involved), so I wouldn't rule out a whitewash.  I am old enough to remembers moments in history that have astounded all of us.  The old News of the World, love it or hate it, it kept the politicians and the celebrities on their toes, and as long as we can 'read all about it', we can avoid a dictatorship of any kind. 

Sadly this case has illustrated more than many the way in which corruption can take hold and slither its way up and down the ladder. No-one it appears is immune.  Although it must be said, on this occasion, the mighty Vatican withdrew its support pretty darn sharpish, they were not going to allow the McCanns to use the Roman Catholic Church to increase their Fund.  The Vatican strangely enough have the power to change an election.  Maybe not in the UK, but the US, certainly.  I sat up all night watching the US elections, Al Gore .v. George Bush, and one of the commentators said that the Vatican had ordered the Catholics to vote for Bush (abortion issues), and it was enough to sway the popular vote away from Al Gore.  Imagine the power (and cash) the McCanns would have had, if the Pope had given them a seal of approval or put out a call to prayer?  As it happened, they were whooshed from the Vatican with indecent haste.

But I digress. The history of this case does not give us much cause for optimism. Nor indeed decades of corruption. If a government and a police force can cover up the deaths of 96 people at Hillsborough for 25 years, the covering up the death of small child should be simple by comparison, especially when it is not the close family and friends of the little girl, but the thousands of strangers out there, who were so touched by Madeleine's plight that they are still here 7 years later fighting for justice on her behalf. 

I have to say, that in this case if there is a whitewash, a small part of me will die.  All the other tragedies are important, most a zillion times more so, but as a depressive, sometimes it is an escape to focus on one small injustice, where all our voices count - especially in this age of social networking.  The bigger issues I deal with when I am able. 

We all of course want the same thing Tony, which is why this case is so vexing.  As morose as I am at the moment, I still lean towards a positive outcome.  The authorities reacted when presented with the Petitions and continual lobbying of the friends and families of the Hillsborough victims.  But we must remember the authorities held all the cards, that is all the records, it took a considerable amount of pressure just to get each document released. 

In the case of the McCanns, it all went horribly wrong when the case was shelved and all the police files were put online.  Who could have foreseen that?  And clearly no-one did (lol) Stick that in yer wider agenda Gerry! But we mustn't gloat, well maybe a small titter, that the story given by the main players had the weakest plot since some bright spark teamed Arnold Schwarzenegger with Danny DeVito and made a movie called Twins. 

In my opinion, once the files were released, the UK had little option but to act.  No only did the finger of suspicion lie over the heads of the McCanns it also lay over the heads of all those who were actively involved.  In addition, it was global news, part of Gerry's agenda (who's sorry now?), I even watched an interview of them in Chile!  I'm not sure they actually went there, but at that stage the ends of the earth were a viable proposition.  They may even have been planning a private jet  (in case of sightings) especially as they couldn't always guarantee an upgrade.  Who knows they clearly had South America in their sights (such a shame about the pope thingy).  No offence to Catholics btw, I actually have a very dear old Irish friend who is deeply religious (she is always praying for me and calling me a heathen), who I wouldn't dream of contradicting, would not have a word said against the McCanns on the grounds they were good Catholics.  Again, shame they didn't get that endorsement from the Pope.  Certainly wasn't through lack of trying!

But I digress.  Back to the subject.  I think logistically, financially, politically, a whitewash will be an impossible task.  As Gerry said himself, this is a big, international case.  Does David Cameron dare go into election year with such a controversial and potentially scandalous case hanging over his head?  Many of us on here have a good idea how far this particular rabbit hole goes.  The fact that he gave the go ahead for the Review, the go ahead for the Investigation and the go ahead for the further funding, suggests, imo, that he does not want to be the Prime Minister remembered for covering up the biggest child abduction fraud in history. 

But, as I say, you and I have seen worse Tony, so it would be naïve to rule it out completely.  I haven't even had the heart to read the 'new book' thread, as I fear the authors must be pretty confident of the outcome if they have taken the trouble to write it!  Or perhaps they spent too long writing it.  I don't see a success, they don't have an ending.  Proably why the McCanns were never able to sell the screen rights.  However, the argument might be, that whatever happens, the McCanns will stick to their original story and quite possibly start a 'Kate and Gerry Are Innocent' campaign, the moment everything kicks off, complete with t-shirts, wristbands and cuddlecats to keep pushing the abduction story.  Any fingers pointed at them, or indeed arrests, will immediately be declared all part of Goncalo Amaral's master plan.   They are way too posh to be labelled with a number, and besides we know them intimately and life wouldn't be the same without the bi-annual reminders of their suffering.  However, I don't quite think, 7 years on, that there would be riots in the streets as Kate predicted.  From my estimation, I think their support has dwindled to a handful of fanatics, no more than that, but they will never give up.

All remains to be seen Tony, but I should add, that I continue to support people like yourself and others who are rather more pessimistic, as I am sure it has impact on the way this case is handled. We seem to be in a climate of exposure Tony, where sins of the past are catching up with those who once thought they were untouchable, lets hope we are all pleasantly surprised.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by joti26 29.07.14 23:15

I lurk here most nights when i'm in bed and don't tend to post as I still can't log in on my tablet upstairs! However, I swing from whitewash to not whitewash but just had a thought about it. If it was a whitewash I am presuming that whoever or for whatever reason it may be a cover up then surely the 'powers that be' know the truth. If then that truth was that the McC's disposed of a body then why go to the lengths of the recent search. What would be the point? I also have begun to think that if this was the case then surely the McC's would be advised to keep quiet and allow the whole thing to disappear into the ether. Yet the whole sorry saga is rammed down our throats by the media on a regular basis, not to mention suing anyone and everyone who dares speak out ! The McC's are keeping it going for their own ends so beginning to think it isn't a whitewash. I hope i'm right!
joti26
joti26

Activity : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 30.07.14 0:48

joti26 wrote:I lurk here most nights when i'm in bed and don't tend to post as I still can't log in on my tablet upstairs! However, I swing from whitewash to not whitewash but just had a thought about it. If it was a whitewash I am presuming that whoever or for whatever reason it may be a cover up then surely the 'powers that be' know the truth. If then that truth was that the McC's disposed of a body then why go to the lengths of the recent search. What would be the point? I also have begun to think that if this was the case then surely the McC's would be advised to keep quiet and allow the whole thing to disappear into the ether. Yet the whole sorry saga is rammed down our throats by the media on a regular basis, not to mention suing anyone and everyone who dares speak out ! The McC's are keeping it going for their own ends so beginning to think it isn't a whitewash. I hope i'm right!
Hi Joti, interesting point.  Just when I thought I had looked at this case from every angle a new idea gets thrown into the pot, thank you.  Of course, why did we not see that?  If the intention was to take the focus away from the McCanns, then it was not a good idea to excavate the area around Apartment 5A!  As you say though, in order for the investigators to cover up the truth, they have to know the truth.  It seems to me that rather than increase support for the McCanns it has had the opposite effect.  In addition, permission for the dig had to come from the Portuguese authorities, and I doubt they would agree to a ruse on that scale. 

This case has to end with both police forces in agreement. There can be only one ending. When the McCanns spun that first web of lies, it took hold like a virulent form of Asian flu and spread outwards, unfortunately it was not sustainable
the McCanns in my opinion, have come up against someone who has had the guts to say no, enough is enough.  Goncalo Amaral takes the ultimate crown I think, but someone in the UK, maybe Cameron, maybe Redwood, we shall see, but they have definitely had the carpet pulled from under them.  If it is a whitewash, Kate and Gerry don't look very happy about it.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by galena 30.07.14 8:24

Newintown wrote:I'm still of the opinion that it is not a whitewash. 

I was watching a "real NCIS" tv programme a few nights ago in which the police investigators were investigating a gang who had done many crimes but they did not have enough evidence to convict them.  I only had one ear on the tv but both ears pricked up when I heard one of the investigators state at the end of the programme -

"It's like peeling back the layers of an onion, you have to go back to square one and start again and go over and over every shred of evidence you have, you have to keep motivated, you have to keep strong no matter how long it takes".

Hmmmmm.   smilie

ETA:  I can't see the point of Andy Redwood saying the words "it's like peeling back the layers of an onion" if SY were only interested in working on a cover up.
It strikes me that there is an enormous difference between a criminal gang and a couple of well-off doctors with many powerful supporters  - a better analogy might be to look at the vigorous way the police investigated the accusations of paedophilia against well known or powerful people in the past  - or rather didn't!

Redwood may talking about 'peeling onions' but  since he has effectively ruled out the parents as suspects he has failed to go back to the first layer - which makes the whole thing a whitewash from the start in my opinion, anyway.
galena

Activity : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 30.07.14 11:11

Cristobell wrote: Does David Cameron dare go into election year with such a controversial and potentially scandalous case hanging over his head?  Many of us on here have a good idea how far this particular rabbit hole goes.  The fact that he gave the go ahead for the Review, the go ahead for the Investigation and the go ahead for the further funding, suggests, imo, that he does not want to be the Prime Minister remembered for covering up the biggest child abduction fraud in history. 

I think Cameron has removed it from hanging over his head - simply by the Letter (already written) agreeing to the Review. The Investigation was also part of the removal. He has laid it squarely at the feet of SY. If is is a whitewash and it subsequently raises its head in the future, which I doubt very much - well 100% actually) he can say he depended on SY to do a "proper investigation" he can also quote all the tax payers money given/thrown in good faith to produce a result.

He can retire secure in the knowledge that he did everything he could. 

Well done Cameron. 

Next!

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 30.07.14 11:24

joti26 wrote:I lurk here most nights when i'm in bed and don't tend to post as I still can't log in on my tablet upstairs! However, I swing from whitewash to not whitewash but just had a thought about it. If it was a whitewash I am presuming that whoever or for whatever reason it may be a cover up then surely the 'powers that be' know the truth. If then that truth was that the McC's disposed of a body then why go to the lengths of the recent search. What would be the point? I also have begun to think that if this was the case then surely the McC's would be advised to keep quiet and allow the whole thing to disappear into the ether. Yet the whole sorry saga is rammed down our throats by the media on a regular basis, not to mention suing anyone and everyone who dares speak out ! The McC's are keeping it going for their own ends so beginning to think it isn't a whitewash. I hope i'm right!

These are very pertinent points you have mentioned.

"the 'powers that be' know the truth."

I agree - I think they do.

"surely the McC's would be advised to keep quiet and allow the whole thing to disappear into the ether."

Yes I would have thought so too. But I think in reality that whoever was responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine was sufficiently important that it could not be divulged. But the McCanns have lost a daughter. I am trying to put this in a way that is as acceptable as possible - but think of it as a victim of a car crash. Who gets the compensation. How do they go about getting it?

IMO and "this is a thesis" all over this post. 

What sort of tablet have you got by the way - have you asked in the Technical help thread ? I too do a lot of reading at night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 30.07.14 12:22

Scotland Yard in their dignified but paradoxically flamboyant style went to PDL, announcing their intention in the media with something of a fanfare and at the same time informing the plebs that nothing can be discussed and if anyone steps out of line the Portuguese will pull the rug from underneath their reluctant agreement to let SY on their soil.

SY chose to do this at the beginning of the holiday season and immediately prior to the Lisbon Trial.

So off SY went with a carefully selected photography team, a load of tents, digging equipment, geo-radar equipment, helicopters, men in suits, men in fatigues and snifferdogs from Welsh police.

If anyone has 'dissed' a snifferdog it's SY. Lots of photograph opportunities for the press to show the snifferdogs being cooled down with wet towels in the heat of the sun. Lots of photographs of snifferdogs doing not much.

No reason given why the dogs were there. No reason given for anything...just a 'look at us, we're doing everything we can, keep Mum, don't say anything or we'll be booted out at a moment's notice and it's taken us a gazillion letters of request to get this far....we're all in this together'.

By the same token, Portuguese police authorities allowed this fiasco.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 30.07.14 12:31

Angelique wrote:
Cristobell wrote: Does David Cameron dare go into election year with such a controversial and potentially scandalous case hanging over his head?  Many of us on here have a good idea how far this particular rabbit hole goes.  The fact that he gave the go ahead for the Review, the go ahead for the Investigation and the go ahead for the further funding, suggests, imo, that he does not want to be the Prime Minister remembered for covering up the biggest child abduction fraud in history. 

I think Cameron has removed it from hanging over his head - simply by the Letter (already written) agreeing to the Review. The Investigation was also part of the removal. He has laid it squarely at the feet of SY. If is is a whitewash and it subsequently raises its head in the future, which I doubt very much - well 100% actually) he can say he depended on SY to do a "proper investigation" he can also quote all the tax payers money given/thrown in good faith to produce a result.

He can retire secure in the knowledge that he did everything he could. 

Well done Cameron. 

Next!
You make some good points Angelique and I see what you are saying.  I suppose much depends on how the public perceive this case.  I often mistakenly think other people care as much about this case as myself, but the truth is the majority have moved on, and the media storm I foresee may be no more than a small trickle.  

I do see it as a political advantage to David Cameron if the case is solved truthfully. Whoever gave the go ahead to assist the McCanns did so under a Labour Government.  The tories could come out of this well if the case is solved under their watch.  However, I do acknowledge that your 'he did everything he could' argument is a strong one.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top