The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann attends Everton v. QPR 4 Jan >>> To raise funds for Missing People >>> Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright is 'good friends' with Michael Barrymore and once was with 'relax-and-take-your-clothes-off' Carole Caplin >>> lifestyle guru for Toblerone Mm11

Kate McCann attends Everton v. QPR 4 Jan >>> To raise funds for Missing People >>> Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright is 'good friends' with Michael Barrymore and once was with 'relax-and-take-your-clothes-off' Carole Caplin >>> lifestyle guru for Toblerone Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann attends Everton v. QPR 4 Jan >>> To raise funds for Missing People >>> Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright is 'good friends' with Michael Barrymore and once was with 'relax-and-take-your-clothes-off' Carole Caplin >>> lifestyle guru for Toblerone Mm11

Kate McCann attends Everton v. QPR 4 Jan >>> To raise funds for Missing People >>> Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright is 'good friends' with Michael Barrymore and once was with 'relax-and-take-your-clothes-off' Carole Caplin >>> lifestyle guru for Toblerone Regist10

Kate McCann attends Everton v. QPR 4 Jan >>> To raise funds for Missing People >>> Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright is 'good friends' with Michael Barrymore and once was with 'relax-and-take-your-clothes-off' Carole Caplin >>> lifestyle guru for Toblerone

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate McCann attends Everton v. QPR 4 Jan >>> To raise funds for Missing People >>> Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright is 'good friends' with Michael Barrymore and once was with 'relax-and-take-your-clothes-off' Carole Caplin >>> lifestyle guru for Toblerone Empty Kate McCann attends Everton v. QPR 4 Jan >>> To raise funds for Missing People >>> Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright is 'good friends' with Michael Barrymore and once was with 'relax-and-take-your-clothes-off' Carole Caplin >>> lifestyle guru for Toblerone

Post by Tony Bennett 03.01.14 13:33

Bill Kenwright, long-term close friend of Michael Barrymore, is behind tomorrow's Missing People appeal at Everton: 

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/01/02/everton-call-on-missing-fans-to-return-home

Everton Call On Missing Fans To Return Home

Thursday 2nd January 2014 13:05 by Rob Urbani

Blues to show their support to the charity this Saturday.

Everton is backing an appeal for missing fans to make a safe return to their families in 2014.

The Club is supporting Missing People, an independent charity which offers a lifeline when a loved one disappears, during its FA Cup third round tie against Queens Park Rangers on 4 January.

At half-time, Everton will show the charity’s appeal film to the Goodison Park faithful in addition to using its social media channels to communicate appeals for missing people in the area in the run up to the Cup tie, with fans being encouraged to support the appeal by using #EFCsearching.

The Blues have thrown their support behind the campaign to help find missing people like Madeleine McCann, who went missing in 2007. Madeleine’s mother Kate McCann, who is an Ambassador for the charity Missing People and also an Evertonian, is attending the match to help raise awareness of the search for missing people in the area.

Speaking in Everton’s matchday programme this weekend, Chairman Bill Kenwright, had this message in support of the campaign: “There are thousands of people who are reported missing across the country every year and it’s truly heartbreaking to read, and hear, the distressing stories that are affecting the lives of those close to them.

“We have a strong tradition at Everton of working with, and supporting, our community and because of that we wanted to use today’s game to help raise awareness of those who, for whatever reason, are currently missing.”

He added: “The thoughts of myself and everyone at Everton Football Club are with those currently affected. We wish you all the very best and hope 2014 is the year when you are reunited.”

A 2013 report showed 14,672 missing persons incidents were reported to Merseyside Police over 12 months, and the charity is keen to raise awareness of the 250,000 people who go missing in the UK each year, 140,000 of whom are children.

Jo Youle, Missing People Chief Executive said: “We’re extremely fortunate to have this sort of support from a club like Everton and hope to harness the power of Goodison fans to help us search for missing people.

“We urge anyone in the area to take to Twitter and Facebook, follow @missingpeople and use the hashtag #EFCsearching to help us reunite missing people with their loved ones.”

To help support Missing People, text Hope to 70707 to donate £3.

Text costs £3 plus network charge. Missing People received 100% of your donation. Obtain bill payer's permission. Customer care:     08448 479800      Charity No. 1020419

++++++++++++++++++

CAROLE CAPLIN, LIFESTYLE GURU TO TONY BLAIR

She once turned down the offer of £1 million for the story of her ten years as lifestyle guru to Tony and Cherie Blair.

But Carole Caplin might now be forced to think again following the failure of a gym she set up to offer massages and health consultations to the wealthy.

Losses have been substantial over its two years of operation, according to a spokesman, and it has been shut down for a 'period of reassessment'.

Callers to Lifesmart at the Albany in central London are told, briskly: 'Carole's not around.'

The Blairs have always been worried that the former exotic dancer might 'push the nuclear button' and write a book about her extraordinary association with them.

Crucially, what might Miss Caplin – still in immaculate shape at 48 – say about the secrets of the Blair marriage?

She joined them when Mr Blair was on the brink of being elected Labour leader and quickly made an intimate connection.

She's said to have insisted Mrs Blair tell her every last detail of their sex life, and even prescribed a sex regime which apparently resulted in the birth of baby Leo.

What tales could she tell of Mrs Blair's sessions with crystal dowser Jack Temple, a healer who would dangle crystals over jars containing his clients' toenail clippings?

And of the psychic channelling performed by her late mother Sylvia for the Prime Minister's wife – Sylvia would provide answers from the spirit world to questions vexing Mrs Blair.

How much money would she get for telling all about the massages she gave Mr Blair at Chequers?

The fear, then and now, was that she could 'finish' the Blairs.

Her ex-boyfriend, the conman Peter Foster, certainly always thought that she could, and one suspects he knew more about their friendship than he told.

In 2003 her lawyers issued a statement saying she had no intention of disclosing her relationship with the Blairs.

[PIC: Confidante: Cherie Blair with Carole Caplin in 2002. There are fears she could now blow the lid on the Blair marriage]

But as Tony and Cherie have now both brought out their own books, might she reconsider?

Her spokesman, Alka Johnson, would only say that she is concentrating on her clients at other gyms. So what's going wrong? And what is the truth about her relationship with the Blairs?

[PIC: Troubled past: Carole Caplin's ex-boyfriend Peter Foster, pictured, brought plenty of negative attention to the Blairs during their time in Downing Street]

As seems to be customary when dealing with Miss Caplin, nothing is quite as it appears.

For one thing, it's unclear whether the gym belongs to her at all.

She said last year that she bought the centre 'with help from an anonymous backer... somebody who benefited from me doing a bit of work for them?

However, the building is – and always has been – owned by Bill Kenwright Limited.

Mr Kenwright, a Labour-supporting theatre impresario and the chairman of Everton FC, is worth around £25 million.

He allowed her company, Lifesmart, to operate in the building and put its logo on the towels and fittings.

Miss Caplin met him through his partner, Jenny Seagrove, with whom she was campaigning against EU plans to ban certain vitamin pills.

At the time, her relationship with Tony and Cherie was drawing to a close, badly damaged by the Foster controversy, in which her conman boyfriend helped Mrs Blair win a discount on two flats in Bristol.

Miss Caplin has always said that the Blairs did not ban her from Downing Street, although that differs from Alastair Campbell's recollection.

After a series of TV appearances she returned to her lifestyle work. 'I'd spent decades building up a fantastic business, doing absolutely what I love, and I thought I'm not going to change that,' she told an interviewer.

[PIC:  More...They're back! Tony Blair and Gordon Brown bury their long-standing differences to celebrate Pope's visit]

And her clients love her.

'The first thing she always does is get you to take off all your clothes and then tell her all your secrets,' a source said.

'She is quite brilliant at forging these intense bonds.'

[PIC: Just like the old days: Tony and Cherie Blair once again found themselves under the media spotlight after they were seated next to Gordon Brown during the Pope's address in Westminster on Friday]

She and Mr Kenwright were certainly on very friendly terms. He once flew her to New York to see a play of his and invited her to dinner parties at his £5million Maida Vale home.

A while back, Mr Kenwright supposedly exclaimed that Miss Caplin had 'saved his life' by sorting out his diet and exercise regime.

Now, though, it seems he has had to reassess their relationship.

Perhaps not enough people were willing to pay £2,000 a year to visit her gym.

Whatever the truth, calls to both parties on the subject this week went unanswered.

Miss Caplin's former PR, Ian Monk, said: 'I'm sad for Carole, but not surprised if the gym has closed.

What Carole did, she did very well, but to me she had no business sense. 'The problem as well is that she was always stymied by Blair – because she could not trade on the fact that she was genuinely the woman who styled Tony Blair.

'She would run her legs ragged around town, finding him ties to wear and so on.'

This is something of a bombshell, as Miss Caplin has said she did not advise Tony on fashion.

Mrs Blair said that her confidante would visit three times a week to work out with her, and also advised her on clothes.

It's been known that she gave Mr Blair neck massages, and that she had a pet name for him – Toblerone – but it was never said that she was the one manipulating his image.

Mr Monk, though, seems confident in what he has said: 'The problem was that you could never put her on TV because there was always this nudge-nudge, wink-wink thing going on about Tony and massage and she was not willing to put the full version out there.'

As time passes, her story becomes less valuable.

The exotic Miss Caplin, who posed topless and dated Adam Ant, is a long way from the levers of power these days.

She still lives in the same North London flat that she has owned for years.

There was expectation in some quarters that Mr Blair would put her on his team once he left Downing Street, but he has not.

They seem to have stayed in touch only by telephone.

People who know Miss Caplin think that she doesn't see him or his wife any more.

As she said in a recent interview: 'I am quite an open book, but it's time to move on.'

And, with David and Samantha Cameron having knocked out the mirrored gym which was once her domain in Downing Street, it certainly looks as if her era is over.

ENDS

+++++++++++++++

Footnote for foreign guests here: Toblerone is a chocolate with a triangular shape

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann attends Everton v. QPR 4 Jan >>> To raise funds for Missing People >>> Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright is 'good friends' with Michael Barrymore and once was with 'relax-and-take-your-clothes-off' Carole Caplin >>> lifestyle guru for Toblerone Empty Re: Kate McCann attends Everton v. QPR 4 Jan >>> To raise funds for Missing People >>> Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright is 'good friends' with Michael Barrymore and once was with 'relax-and-take-your-clothes-off' Carole Caplin >>> lifestyle guru for Toblerone

Post by Christina 03.01.14 13:55

Hi Tony

As a staunch Evertonian I'm gutted to hear this. I hope her malignant touch doesn't extend to wrecking a good result for EFC!

I wish they'd stay away from Goodison Park..

I must say though, Luvvy Bill seems to be a 'good friend' to virtually everyone, so Barrymore doesn't surprise.
Christina

Activity : 49

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann attends Everton v. QPR 4 Jan >>> To raise funds for Missing People >>> Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright is 'good friends' with Michael Barrymore and once was with 'relax-and-take-your-clothes-off' Carole Caplin >>> lifestyle guru for Toblerone Empty Re: Kate McCann attends Everton v. QPR 4 Jan >>> To raise funds for Missing People >>> Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright is 'good friends' with Michael Barrymore and once was with 'relax-and-take-your-clothes-off' Carole Caplin >>> lifestyle guru for Toblerone

Post by Guest 03.01.14 13:55

Tony Bennett wrote:
A while back, Mr Kenwright supposedly exclaimed that Miss Caplin had 'saved his life' by sorting out his diet and exercise regime.

Something I have in common with Gerry McCann is that I once worked for a football club. One of the fringe benefits (apart from a sly kickaround when the groundsman wasn't looking) was free and informal treatment as and when required from the guys in the physio room. Now if I owned a PL club I think I'd know where to look for help "sorting out my diet and exercise regime" before enlisting the help of quirky and doubtless unqualified outsiders.

But maybe that's just me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 03.01.14 14:11

Isn't Mrs. Blair a respected and intelligent barrister/part-time judge.

I must say I wouldn't like to be defended/judged by a woman who believes in putting her toe nail clippings in a jar and getting some "guru" to dangle crystals over them.     Britain has gone absolutely bonkers.   yes 

Carole Capline calling T. Bliar Toblerone, well he might hope she aint going to let out a few nuggets (nougat(s) about their time together.    big grin   big grin 

In her gym (which seems to have hit the skids) she offers massage and health advice.   What wife would let their husband attend a gym where C. C. is offering that service.    I should think many husbands might be in need of health treatment if they went home and told their wives they had been to that gym.  be:biggrin:   big grin 

~The awful thing is that these people with power can so easily be laughed at but they dictate what happens to the rest of us in our daily lives, so maybe they are the ones with the last laugh.   yes 

Barrymore is reportedly working part-time at a garden centre now - perhaps he didn't think to ask his good friend Bill for a part-time groundsman's job.   big grin

Edited re. spelling.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 03.01.14 14:17

Forgot to mention Mrs. in my previous post - Out for an appearance before the libel hearing resumes on Tuesday.   She must have recovered from her bout of absolute tiredness when she so bravely attended the Missing Peoples' Gala.

Anyone seen any pics of the dancing, merriment and auction yet?
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.01.14 19:53

As much as I try I can't see the Mc's being ardent football fans. The sports they choose to partake in personally are essentially non-team sports - running, cycling, tennis etc.

I wonder how many football matches G & K attended before Madeleine's disappearance. Does watching Everton play occasionally on the telly make one an Evertonian?

Of course I could be completely wrong and if I am I apologise unreservedly.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.01.14 20:05

Tony Bennett wrote: [...]
Footnote for foreign guests here: Toblerone is a chocolate with a triangular shape
[/font][/color]
Minor note to all, Tony: Toblerone is a SWISS triangular shaped chocolate, sold worlwide and thus known to many "foreigners"  big grin 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.01.14 20:08

Châtelaine wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote: [...]
[/font][/color]
Minor note to all, Tony: Toblerone is a SWISS triangular shaped chocolate, sold worlwide and thus known to many "foreigners"   big grin 
That's made me belly laugh Châtelaine.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.01.14 21:41

aquila Kate is from Liverpool where you are either born an everton or Liverpool fan. I would say most are pretty dedicated fans of the team and follow their team through the highs and lows.
So yes Kate could still be an everton fan.and not attend games etc but yes now that she is no longer working class? she seems to have more of an interest in the sports favoured by well to do people.
As an everton fan myself the support from the chairman has always left a bad taste in my mouth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.01.14 21:44

aquila wrote:
I wonder how many football matches G & K attended before Madeleine's disappearance. Does watching Everton play occasionally on the telly make one an Evertonian?

I do wonder if supporting Everton is seen as more "authentic" than supporting Liverpool, in the same way that Mancunians claim that Manchester City is the real deal and that all of United's fans come from the home counties.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.01.14 21:44

Bellisa wrote:aquila Kate is from Liverpool where you are either born an everton or Liverpool fan. I would say most are pretty dedicated fans of the team and follow their team through the highs and lows.
So yes Kate could still be an everton fan.and not attend games etc but yes now that she is no longer working class? she seems to have more of            an interest in the sports favoured by well to do people.
As an everton fan myself the support from the chairman has always left a bad taste in my mouth.
I should imagine The Sun as a favoured newspaper to publish Kate's words (for payment so I believe) would also leave a bad taste in a Liverpudlian's mouth.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina 03.01.14 22:20

OK. I'll mostly shut up after this and go back to reading!

How dare anyone claim Evertonians aren't true! Do you know anything about the Clubs in Liverpool?

Everton were the first team, in 1878. There's a story and we ended up in Anfield. And then we moved, to eventually Goodison Park. Adam's Rib remained at Anfield and became LFC.

We ARE Liverpool, but the red side had a lovely 80's etc record which grabbed Norwegian etc fans to the end.. 

Everton were the "School of Science", known as the thinking fans.

And that's it. That woman should get away from Goodison Park before we are tainted forever with her! And Bill's a gonk. 

And NO REAL FAN, no matter which colour, buys The Sun. And they sold their souls to it.

I'm tryin', very tryin'.. tongue
Christina

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 03.01.14 22:25

I had the hope that she was already at Belgravia, answering questions. And is Gerry not taking part of it?
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina 03.01.14 22:35

Bellisa wrote:yes aquila that is very true and something I never thought of before.
Goodness! Really? And you are an Evertonian? Wow. The Sun is PNG in Liverpool, and everyone there knows that.
Christina

Back to top Go down

Post by angie o'plasty 03.01.14 22:40

I do hope the football fans break into song in honour of Kate's attendance.

"Who let the dogs out, woof woof woof woof"

Activity : 23

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina 03.01.14 22:46

I misunderstood your post in that case, and I apologise. However, it was widely publicised but probably easily missed if you weren't following at the time.

I don't want much, but I wish Everton had nothing to do with them. Ever.
Christina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.01.14 22:53

no problem, yes i have followed the case since the start but at the time of the diary being printed i wouldn't havetaken much.notice of which paper,that's why im glad aquila pointed it out as its crazy from a liverpudlian.
I can clearly remember interviews with players,Tim cahill was kind of the poster boy at time if im not mistaken, I wonder how the players feel being used by kenwright for whatever his reasons are.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 04.01.14 10:05

angie o'plasty wrote:I do hope the football fans break into song in honour of Kate's attendance.

"Who let the dogs out, woof woof woof woof"
 big grin   big grin
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.01.14 14:21

marconi wrote:was kate present?

The match starts today at 3.00pm, more here on the Everton Football site:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/01/03/matchday-guide-everton-v-qpr

which, inter alia, tells us this:

At half-time, Everton will show the Missing People appeal film to the Goodison Park faithful to communicate appeals for missing people in the area. Show your support the appeal by using #EFCsearching.

Missing People, as an organisation, is under scrutiny under one of the research threads on the forum, here:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t6884-missing-people-in-financial-difficulty-2006-new-beginnings-may-2007

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.01.14 14:38

Bellisa wrote:
I can clearly remember interviews with players,Tim cahill was kind of the poster boy at time if im not mistaken, I wonder how the players feel being used by kenwright for whatever his reasons are.

Nuno Valente would have been there then too, wonder what he made of it all?

No Portuguese players in either starting XI today I notice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by angie o'plasty 04.01.14 16:25

There is a nausea inducing article about G & K at the Everton match on the Mirror website.

I can't do links unfortunately.

Activity : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.01.14 16:29

angie o'plasty wrote:There is a nausea inducing article about G & G at the Everton match on the Mirror website.

I can't do links unfortunately.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-kate-gerry-pictured-2987648
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top