The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Would 2 years olds really say this? - Page 3 Mm11

Would 2 years olds really say this? - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Would 2 years olds really say this? - Page 3 Mm11

Would 2 years olds really say this? - Page 3 Regist10

Would 2 years olds really say this?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would 2 years olds really say this? - Page 3 Empty Re: Would 2 years olds really say this?

Post by tiny 15.01.14 13:47

worriedmum wrote:Thanks for the link, Tigger.
I was interested by the Katherina Gaspar statement,
''"During our stay in Majorca, Dave and his wife, Fiona, accompanied by this daughter Lily, took Madeleine (page 6) with them to spend the day, in order to give Kate and Gerry a bit of rest and time to be with the twins."

I was a bit surprised by this, I would have thought it more usual for the parents to want the time with the older child, that is the one who needs reassuring and more 'me ' time, IMO. The twins have, and have always had, each other. And having the older sibling is  just the status quo for them, so is normal. The older child has possibly had to cope with a feeling that they have been replaced?

Just my opinion as a parent.

Sounds like Madeleine was a bit of a handfull
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Would 2 years olds really say this? - Page 3 Empty Re: Would 2 years olds really say this?

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 15.01.14 13:56

tiny wrote:
Sounds like Madeleine was a bit of a handfull

Kate's book strongly gives this impression too, in my opinion. Most of the references to Madeleine are about her screaming and crying.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.01.14 14:13

IMO, Madeleine's behaviour as reported would have been quite normal under the circumstances.  An only child, then along come not one, but two, new babies and at such a young age herself, 20 months.  At that age children do not have the ability to say, I'm feeling left out, I don't like these babies etc. and express themselves in the only way they know, that is crying and screaming.  The birth of the twins must have been quite stressful for the whole family.  I've often wondered why the parents didn't wait longer before embarking on another pregnancy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 15.01.14 14:20

ChillyHeat wrote:Im quite sure that if we were to ask Gerry and Kate what they so desperately want this christmas...Im sure Gerry and Kate would look into each others eyes, and with a nod to each other, would both reply at the same time......A new car
 Mr  that just made me laugh -
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.01.14 14:22

OT?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Research_Reader 15.01.14 14:29

Ladyinred wrote: I've often wondered why the parents didn't wait longer before embarking on another pregnancy.

Perhaps they didn't want to leave it any longer because of Kate's age? It would only have gotten harder.
Research_Reader
Research_Reader

Activity : 326

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.01.14 14:53

Yes, harder to conceive.  I think family life might have been easier if M. had been older when the twins were born.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 15.01.14 15:59

Ladyinred wrote:IMO, Madeleine's behaviour as reported would have been quite normal under the circumstances.  An only child, then along come not one, but two, new babies and at such a young age herself, 20 months.  At that age children do not have the ability to say, I'm feeling left out, I don't like these babies etc. and express themselves in the only way they know, that is crying and screaming.  The birth of the twins must have been quite stressful for the whole family.  I've often wondered why the parents didn't wait longer before embarking on another pregnancy.
It seems that, shortly after arriving in Amsterdam, the McCanns discovered that they were entitled to free IVF.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.01.14 16:43

Yes, uT, forgot about that aspect.  So Madeleine would have been eleven months old when the twins were conceived. Not much time for Kate to fully recover from giving birth to M.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 15.01.14 20:34

Freebie aside, I find the fact that she embarked on another course of IVF abroad odd. She knew the process was stressful. She didn't have her home comforts and family nearby. Madeleine was a tiny tot. Were they in a flat ? - I seem to recall they were. Surely you would want to use the time to explore your surroundings and spend time with your little one. Keep everything as normal as possible. It makes very little sense to me.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.01.14 20:43

Mirage wrote:Freebie aside, I find the fact that she embarked on another course of IVF abroad odd. She knew the process was stressful. She didn't have her home comforts and family nearby. Madeleine was a tiny tot. Were they in a flat ? - I seem to recall they were. Surely you would want to use the time to explore your surroundings and spend time with your little one. Keep everything as normal as possible. It makes very little sense to me.

Perhaps they simply weren't happy with just their almost perfect firstborn and, given Kate's age decided to try again without delay?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top