The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Would 2 years olds really say this?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Would 2 years olds really say this?

Post by tiny on 15.01.14 13:47

@worriedmum wrote:Thanks for the link, Tigger.
I was interested by the Katherina Gaspar statement,
''"During our stay in Majorca, Dave and his wife, Fiona, accompanied by this daughter Lily, took Madeleine (page 6) with them to spend the day, in order to give Kate and Gerry a bit of rest and time to be with the twins."


I was a bit surprised by this, I would have thought it more usual for the parents to want the time with the older child, that is the one who needs reassuring and more 'me ' time, IMO. The twins have, and have always had, each other. And having the older sibling is  just the status quo for them, so is normal. The older child has possibly had to cope with a feeling that they have been replaced?



Just my opinion as a parent.

Sounds like Madeleine was a bit of a handfull

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would 2 years olds really say this?

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 15.01.14 13:56

@tiny wrote:
Sounds like Madeleine was a bit of a handfull

Kate's book strongly gives this impression too, in my opinion. Most of the references to Madeleine are about her screaming and crying.

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would 2 years olds really say this?

Post by Guest on 15.01.14 14:13

IMO, Madeleine's behaviour as reported would have been quite normal under the circumstances.  An only child, then along come not one, but two, new babies and at such a young age herself, 20 months.  At that age children do not have the ability to say, I'm feeling left out, I don't like these babies etc. and express themselves in the only way they know, that is crying and screaming.  The birth of the twins must have been quite stressful for the whole family.  I've often wondered why the parents didn't wait longer before embarking on another pregnancy.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would 2 years olds really say this?

Post by HelenMeg on 15.01.14 14:20

@ChillyHeat wrote:Im quite sure that if we were to ask Gerry and Kate what they so desperately want this christmas...Im sure Gerry and Kate would look into each others eyes, and with a nod to each other, would both reply at the same time......A new car
 Mr  that just made me laugh -

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 206
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would 2 years olds really say this?

Post by Guest on 15.01.14 14:22

OT?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would 2 years olds really say this?

Post by Research_Reader on 15.01.14 14:29

Ladyinred wrote: I've often wondered why the parents didn't wait longer before embarking on another pregnancy.

Perhaps they didn't want to leave it any longer because of Kate's age? It would only have gotten harder.

____________________

Research_Reader

Posts : 261
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2013-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would 2 years olds really say this?

Post by Guest on 15.01.14 14:53

Yes, harder to conceive.  I think family life might have been easier if M. had been older when the twins were born.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would 2 years olds really say this?

Post by ultimaThule on 15.01.14 15:59

Ladyinred wrote:IMO, Madeleine's behaviour as reported would have been quite normal under the circumstances.  An only child, then along come not one, but two, new babies and at such a young age herself, 20 months.  At that age children do not have the ability to say, I'm feeling left out, I don't like these babies etc. and express themselves in the only way they know, that is crying and screaming.  The birth of the twins must have been quite stressful for the whole family.  I've often wondered why the parents didn't wait longer before embarking on another pregnancy.
It seems that, shortly after arriving in Amsterdam, the McCanns discovered that they were entitled to free IVF.

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would 2 years olds really say this?

Post by Guest on 15.01.14 16:43

Yes, uT, forgot about that aspect.  So Madeleine would have been eleven months old when the twins were conceived. Not much time for Kate to fully recover from giving birth to M.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would 2 years olds really say this?

Post by Mirage on 15.01.14 20:34

Freebie aside, I find the fact that she embarked on another course of IVF abroad odd. She knew the process was stressful. She didn't have her home comforts and family nearby. Madeleine was a tiny tot. Were they in a flat ? - I seem to recall they were. Surely you would want to use the time to explore your surroundings and spend time with your little one. Keep everything as normal as possible. It makes very little sense to me.

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1711
Reputation : 460
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would 2 years olds really say this?

Post by Guest on 15.01.14 20:43

@Mirage wrote:Freebie aside, I find the fact that she embarked on another course of IVF abroad odd. She knew the process was stressful. She didn't have her home comforts and family nearby. Madeleine was a tiny tot. Were they in a flat ? - I seem to recall they were. Surely you would want to use the time to explore your surroundings and spend time with your little one. Keep everything as normal as possible. It makes very little sense to me.

Perhaps they simply weren't happy with just their almost perfect firstborn and, given Kate's age decided to try again without delay?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum