The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

DR MARTIN ROBERTS BLOG ON MCCANNFILES DATED 16TH JULY,  2012. - Page 2 Mm11

DR MARTIN ROBERTS BLOG ON MCCANNFILES DATED 16TH JULY,  2012. - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

DR MARTIN ROBERTS BLOG ON MCCANNFILES DATED 16TH JULY,  2012. - Page 2 Mm11

DR MARTIN ROBERTS BLOG ON MCCANNFILES DATED 16TH JULY,  2012. - Page 2 Regist10

DR MARTIN ROBERTS BLOG ON MCCANNFILES DATED 16TH JULY, 2012.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DR MARTIN ROBERTS BLOG ON MCCANNFILES DATED 16TH JULY,  2012. - Page 2 Empty Re: DR MARTIN ROBERTS BLOG ON MCCANNFILES DATED 16TH JULY, 2012.

Post by j.rob 03.02.14 22:16

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
j.rob wrote:

But in the context of a THREE year old? Totally weird. 

I also think it is weird that these parents, hanging around on the grassy play area, watching a three year old playing tennis, then started talking about paedophiles. I spent a fair amount of time supervising or watching my children at playgrounds or taking part in other activities and not once, ever, did I get into a conversation about paedophiles. 

How inappropriate. 

Yes, as already said, good post. The weird thing is, this paranoia, this seeing a pervert behind every bush, is how I thought parents felt about this kind of thing before I had children of my own. Now that I have a child, experience tells me that this isn't the case at all, and that the impression I held was gained purely from media scare stories and Daily Mail style hyperbole. It's refreshing and liberating to discover how wrong I was.

Sometimes when I read things that Kate and Gerry say or have said I get the impression that they have no concept of parenthood at all; that all their thoughts, feelings and emotions are somehow gained second-hand.

I also think it's telling that it was Russell who was privy to this little tête-à-tête.
Thanks. It never even occurred to me when I had my children that there would be people who could be predatory in horrible ways  - I guess I was naive. 

I think having twins when you have a two year old (or close to that) must be incredibly challenging. But the McCanns appeared to have quite a large family support network, plus they had money, so you would think they would be able to weather the storm until the children were a bit older when it all gets so much easier.

Russell - partner of Jane Tanner, yes? Who appears to have been remarkably helpful in terms of drawing up time-lines and generally supporting the McCanns. And again, you have to wonder why. Why would they necessarily want to implicate themselves in this rather awful drama?
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

DR MARTIN ROBERTS BLOG ON MCCANNFILES DATED 16TH JULY,  2012. - Page 2 Empty Re: DR MARTIN ROBERTS BLOG ON MCCANNFILES DATED 16TH JULY, 2012.

Post by j.rob 03.02.14 22:21

tigger wrote:
nomendelta wrote:I concur - a wonderful post.

What's SO strange about this is that parents tend to go through a denial when a child goes missing - the possibility of being snatched, let alone being snatched by a paedophile, is something it takes a long time to come to terms with. Yet the McCanns screamed "abduction" from the rooftop from the offset.

--  and 'paedophile  gang'  around 11.00 pm (McKenzie's statement) Overheard Gerry on the phone.

One hour after she'd been discovered missing.

What is it that Kate said at one stage: 'people with dirty mind have dirty thoughts....'
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 04.02.14 1:20

Although I don't have children myself, my partner is a police officer (he believes the same as me about the McCanns entirely, as do all of his colleagues!), and he says when a child goes missing, the most difficult task initially is to find the mother. In almost all circumstances, the mother calls the police in a panic, says her baby has gone missing, but leaves no further details as to where she is or who she is. They then have a hard time tracking her down as she goes into survival mode for her little one, going just about everywhere she can think to look for them. Sounds about a million miles away from sitting on the bed resignedly, letting others search!
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving Mom 04.02.14 3:47

While in a restaurant my three year old son got up from the table and ran away from the table. As I immediately got up to follow him, I thought someone may have snatched him because I couldn't find him and even though I was loudly calling out his name he was not responding. I did not panic, I felt I needed to focus on the awful situation and find my son. Luckily I found him about five minutes later ( he was innocently playing/hiding under a coat rack). I wonder if Kate screamed for Madeleine or if she looked for her in the first minutes she was "missing"? I've read that she left the twins to go inform her friends but it makes no sense to leave them in danger (alone) and if you'd be ignorant enough to do that why wouldn't you immediately look for your "missing" child (unless you knew she was not really missing and knew where she was). All IMO.
Loving Mom

Activity : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 04.02.14 10:05

nglfi wrote:Although I don't have children myself, my partner is a police officer (he believes the same as me about the McCanns entirely, as do all of his colleagues!), and he says when a child goes missing, the most difficult task initially is to find the mother. In almost all circumstances, the mother calls the police in a panic, says her baby has gone missing, but leaves no further details as to where she is or who she is. They then have a hard time tracking her down as she goes into survival mode for her little one, going just about everywhere she can think to look for them. Sounds about a million miles away from sitting on the bed resignedly, letting others search!
Interesting. When my children were small there were a few occasions when they wandered off. I became very focused as I knew that the longer they were unaccounted for, the harder it would be to find them. Each time, it was a matter of minutes. But I still remember those occasions with great clarity. There can only really be one reason why Kate McCann sat on the bed in a resigned way. She already knew what had happened to Madeleine. Or what was going to happen to her. So she didn't bother looking for her.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 04.02.14 10:10

And the Portugese police observed this too. Plus other odd behaviours.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 04.02.14 10:43

great post jrob and imo the conversation was as fabricated as the one about why didn't you come when I /we were crying last night from Maddie

as always with an agenda, which was imo to plant firmly in the minds of the public the paedo abductor and the cruel irony of what allegedly happened in this apparently idyllic sleepy village,  which turned out , with all its lurkers, burglars and lord knows who else [ who never saw each other going about their nefarious activities] to be a veritable village of the damned,[ as a poster on textusa blog named PdL].

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

DR MARTIN ROBERTS BLOG ON MCCANNFILES DATED 16TH JULY,  2012. - Page 2 Empty Village of the damned

Post by PeterMac 04.02.14 10:52

This was the original, which can now be updated.
PdL - What a place. Why does anyone holiday there?
PdL - where families take it in turn to vomit each night, dog packs pursue and bite joggers, guests fall off catamarans, damage tendons playing tennis, have shaving accidents and stagger around apartments bleeding, domestic appliances need repair, shutters jam, baby monitors won't function at restaurants, travel cots can't be assembled.. sounds like THE VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED.

It's populated by black heroin addicts, people who rob apartments, gypsies who steal scrap and wood, scruffy moustachioed lurers of children, bogus charity collectors, suspicious street musicians, men lurking near phone booths, glasses man lurking in stairwells, blond men suspiciously lurking outside apartments, soothing couples entering apartments without permission, mysterious gangs of cleaners, men taking photographs of children on beaches... And to top it all, you have to queue for a table booking.
To which we may now add - ( according to Clarence Mitchell )
Even the company which organises your holiday employs ex- or putative burglars and paedo****s who enter your apartment and loot it of valuables or spare children.
The bus driver who takes you from the airport to the Ocean Club is making notes.
And Gypsy encampments at 15 minutes, 40 minutes and 80 minutes drive are alerted automatically every time a new family arrives.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 05.02.14 23:21

j.rob wrote:The fact that the McCann parents brought up this possibility of paedophilia as a motive for abduction at such an early stage is more than strange, in my opinion. In her book Madeleine, Kate also records a bizarre conversation with another holiday-maker on the day of Madeleine's alleged abduction. 

Kate had had a tennis lesson and afterwards: 'I hung around on the grassy play are, watching Gerry on the court and chatting to Russell, who I'd found there. Another guest appeared with a video camera to record his three-year-old daughter playing tennis. He looked a little embarrassed and laughingly remarked to us that filming in this way made him feel like a dirty old man.'

I'm sorry but, IF true (and if it is I presume the man was questioned as a possible suspect) that is a very odd thing to say.

But that's not all: 'It led to a conversation between the three of us about paedophiles.'

Like so much in Kate's book, once you start to dissect what she has chosen to put in, you start to wonder WHY she has included it and then the wider ramifications. 

Firstly, why on earth would you think that recording a mini-tennis session that your three year old daughter was taking part in would make you feel like a dirty old man? It is an inappropriate reaction to what one hopes would be an entirely innocent activity. But Kate and Russell apparently find nothing odd in that comment. On the contrary, it lead to a conversation on the subject of paedophiles. 

While I could sort of understand the dirty old man comment if it was used in the context of a middle-aged father recording his teenage daughter and her buxom friends (in other words in a Benny Hill type of way). The sub-text being: 'Goodness - whatever happened to that shy little girl and her gangly friends or something.' You could begin to wrap your head around that kind of comment in a different context. 

But in the context of a THREE year old? Totally weird. 

I also think it is weird that these parents, hanging around on the grassy play area, watching a three year old playing tennis, then started talking about paedophiles. I spent a fair amount of time supervising or watching my children at playgrounds or taking part in other activities and not once, ever, did I get into a conversation about paedophiles. 

How inappropriate. 

So - having introduced the topic of paedophilia, on page 64, where does this conversation go?

Kate writes:  'I remember Russell talking about how everything had got a bit out of hand, that these days people were so untrusting you hardly dared speak to children you didn't know. What he was effectively saying was that the world had become paranoid......we agreed that it was a shame things had come to this, especially for the children. It would be some days before Russell and I were able to acknowledge to each other the horrible irony of this conversation.'

This short passage is quite illuminating. Kate introduces the subject of paedophila by writing about a remark made, apparently, by another holiday maker in relation to his three year old daughter. This is the entree for her friend Russell to talk about 'how everything had got a bit out of hand.' The consensus being that the world had become paranoid and 'it was a shame things had come to this, especially for the children.'

I must admit my brain is somersaulting over this short passage, as indeed it does over a great many other things that Kate has written, done or said (not to mention Gerry). The only logical conclusion for this passage appearing in the book must be that Kate wanted to introduce the subject of paedophilia. Why? Well, despite it 'being a shame' that the world was paranoid, it must be that she wanted to introduce the idea of abduction at the hands of a paedophile. This is where my brain is doing somersaults. On the one hand, the McCanns believe 'we were in an apparently safe, child-friendly holiday complex full of families just like ours'.  A place that was so safe that 'I can say, hand on heart, that it never once crossed my mind that this might not be a safe option.'

Only some days later, Kate writes, is she able to acknowledge the 'horrible irony' of the paedophile conversation. On the following page she records how 'some images are etched for all time on my brain.' She goes on to record how she was watching Madeleine at lunchtime on the day of her abduction in her new outfit: 'I was following her with my eyes., admiring her. I wonder now, the nausea rising in my throat, if someone else was doing the same.'

So - on the one hand we have the McCanns believing they are in this wonderful paradise full of happy families 'just like ours'. A place so cozy and safe that it is fine to leave your children alone sleeping in the apartment and checking on them every now and then.

Okay, fair enough. Even if a social worker might not agree.

But how on earth does this reconcile with: 'I started screaming. Madeleine's gone! Someone has taken her!'........By now I was hysterical. She's gone!' (page 72).  This reaction from Kate was within minutes of finding that Madeleine was not in the apartment.

How can your brain switch from the belief that you are in a happy, smiley, wonderful safe place to the belief that a stranger has entered your apartment and stolen your child. That's bad enough. But not just any old stranger - a paedophile, no less. At an early stage, the parents introduced the idea that the abduction might be into a paedophile ring. 

'I asked Gerry apprehensively if he'd had any really horrible thoughts or visions of Madeleine. He nodded. Haltingly, I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her body, her perfect little genitals torn apart.' (Page 129)

It is such a dramatic shift to go from tucking up your children in bed, believing they would be safe and sound and all the paranoia about paedophile abductions is over the top to - discovering your child is not in the apartment and immediately becoming hysterical because you are convinced that she has been abducted by a paedophile.

The poor Portugese police. No wonder they were so unimpressed with the McCanns and the ensuing McCircus. The whole thing has been a complete farce. And, unfortunately, there is little Madeleine 'at the bottom of it all'. So many people have lined their pockets off the fate of this innocent child it really is an outrage.

And unfortunately, there does appear to be more than a whiff of paedophilia attached to this case. But the question is, where is the smell coming from? When you throw into the pot the Gaspar statements, Ray Wyre who was obsessed with Satanic Ritual Abuse (heavily involved in the Nottingham and Wales SRA fiascos) and declared: 'the McCanns are totally innocent', Jim Gamble of CEOP, (Robert Murat perhaps). Have I missed anyone out?

Good post Rob.
I agree that Kate (and Gerry) were determined to repeatedly introduce the subject of paedophilia and that the reason for doing so was to instil the notion that Madeleine was abducted by paedophiles.
Kate kept a diary, supposedly on aunty Philomena’s advice, which was written for Madeleine so that one day she would know how much her parents did to search for her. The book ‘madeleine’ was based on the diary and at the time of its release it was touted as being, ‘For the twins eyes only’. Quote Guardian: ‘The decision to publish it had been "very difficult, and taken with heavy hearts", she (KM) said. Sharing the "personal, intimate and emotional aspects of our lives" with strangers did not come easily’. Judging by page 129 of the book it came very easily - a gratuitous and unnecessary passage  unsuitable for the twins (at any age). If Madeleine ever returned, having been in the situation her parents have claimed she's in, she’d be re-traumatised after reading that. Why write a book meant for your children and include those gross words, and why share them with the whole world  if you’re sensitive about sharing with strangers and worried about your privacy?
Kate describes how she watched Madeleine in her new outfit on the day she disappeared, 'I was following her with my eyes., admiring her. I wonder now, the nausea rising in my throat, if someone else was doing the same.' This is one of the oddest comments I’ve read - a paedophile would not be admiring the child or her new outfit in the same way as a mother. It seems Kate is intimating that the toddler’s  outfit made her so attractive that a watching paedophile decided to abduct her that very night. Of course he had those very mysterious drugs handy, with which to sedate all three children, then managed to vanish without a trace.
The comment ‘we felt safe’ doesn’t make sense either. There are many reasons why parents don't leave small kids alone but the threat of passing paedophiles is not one of them. Kate also complained that they had no warning there were paedophiles in the area meaning, I presume, that if she'd known she wouldn't have gone out - a ludicrous comment for a doctor to make  -  parents don't sacrifice a night out to supervise the kids because it’s the kind of unsafe area where paedophiles might happen by. And after all the pushing to convince people that the little girl was abducted by a paedophile, they actually have the audacity to repeatedly state, ‘There’s no evidence she has come to any harm’
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 05.02.14 23:32

The McCanns did seem hell-bent on introducing the paedophilia angle. If they wanted to convince people that the little girl was alive and well, abduction by paedophiles is not the way to go.

Makes me wonder if a body was supposed to turn up shortly after the disappearance. But that's just rampant speculation on my part.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 06.02.14 10:26

nglfi wrote:Although I don't have children myself, my partner is a police officer (he believes the same as me about the McCanns entirely, as do all of his colleagues!), and he says when a child goes missing, the most difficult task initially is to find the mother. In almost all circumstances, the mother calls the police in a panic, says her baby has gone missing, but leaves no further details as to where she is or who she is. They then have a hard time tracking her down as she goes into survival mode for her little one, going just about everywhere she can think to look for them. Sounds about a million miles away from sitting on the bed resignedly, letting others search!
I agree, my eldest son wandered off on the busy market when he was three, while I was paying the stallholder. As soon as I realised that he had not walked ahead with his daddy, I ran back to where I last  saw him, shouting his name. I HAD to look for him, I could not risk someone not recognising him. The bond is so strong there  was not even a nano-second when I considered  not looking. Bear in mind that he was wearing a bright red duffle -coat! Of course I found him, he had wandered back to the biscuit counter. I will never understand why Kate didn't feel utterly compelled to search.
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 06.02.14 11:03

PeterMac wrote:This was the original, which can now be updated.
PdL - What a place. Why does anyone holiday there?
PdL - where families take it in turn to vomit each night, dog packs pursue and bite joggers, guests fall off catamarans, damage tendons playing tennis, have shaving accidents and stagger around apartments bleeding, domestic appliances need repair, shutters jam, baby monitors won't function at restaurants, travel cots can't be assembled.. sounds like THE VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED.

It's populated by black heroin addicts, people who rob apartments, gypsies who steal scrap and wood, scruffy moustachioed lurers of children, bogus charity collectors, suspicious street musicians, men lurking near phone booths, glasses man lurking in stairwells, blond men suspiciously lurking outside apartments, soothing couples entering apartments without permission, mysterious gangs of cleaners, men taking photographs of children on beaches... And to top it all, you have to queue for a table booking.
To which we may now add - ( according to Clarence Mitchell )
Even the company which organises your holiday employs ex- or putative burglars and paedo****s who enter your apartment and loot it of valuables or spare children.
The bus driver who takes you from the airport to the Ocean Club is making notes.
And Gypsy encampments at 15 minutes, 40 minutes and 80 minutes drive are alerted automatically every time a new family arrives.
Sugar! batten down the hatches, never go to Portugal it's full of evil people and lawless hills. The Portuguese police aren't up to much either.

dontya just love these Clarrie moments.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top