The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 33 Mm11

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 33 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 33 Mm11

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 33 Regist10

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 33 Empty https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t8322p790-wow-a-must-read-madeleine-clues-hidden-for-five-years-sunday-times-full-article-now-on-page-1#194531

Post by Delboy 28.10.13 15:29

Sorry if been posted already but Mail now reporting. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2478087/Why-Madeleine-McCann-suspect-E-fits-kept-secret-5-years.html

Delboy

Activity : 2

Back to top Go down

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 33 Empty Re: WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1

Post by lj 28.10.13 15:48

admin wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Mike Spudgun@spudgun01 9h
So, Scotland Yard spent an estimated £5m on presenting us with what the #McCanns have already been sitting on for 5 years.
Dear old spudders..... big grin
And then present it as if it was Andy's big revelation!

What'n cr@p

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 33 Empty Re: WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1

Post by comperedna 28.10.13 15:48

I read the Mail online this morning and found a sour comment within the article saying that the reason that Mr Smith changed his testimony to say that, after all, it wasn't Gerry he saw, was because of deliberate pressure by the Portuguese police who tried to falsely make out it was Gerry McCann.
comperedna

Activity : 781

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.10.13 15:48

Mirage wrote:
Tangledweb wrote:Yes, they suppressed vital information, and they can try and spin that by trying to make that information look dubious all they like, but no matter, it isn't just the suppression that is igniting the flame - what about the 'sleep patterns' bit and the 'hypercritical' bit about the parents - there is so much in that article (which is now in the Mail) that casts the parents in such a bad light.   Even at the most basic level, what right minded parents leave a little girl, who was prone to waking up and looking for mummy and daddy in that apartment, night after night?  The apartment which is so clear in the public's mind (thanks to Crimewatch) right near a road, and not 'your garden' as daddy spouted?  

It was abduction at all costs for this pair, right from the start - no other opinion (I thought woke and wandered initially) was allowed.  

The McCanns should never, ever have been in a position where they could dictate terms to anyone.  That they paid their own PI's, out of the public's generous donations, to find their little girl, because they didn't like the police investigation (wonder why?) and then decided to suppress those findings, is appalling.  No spin, no added sentences to the original Sunday Time article, and no excuses in the world will ever change that.

People are waking up to what they are like, and how they have controlled (or paid people to control) what right minded people think for too long.  About bloody time.
I totally agree.

What other couple of nobodies have had ambassadors, press conferences, a fund, a meeting with the pope, phone calls from a prime minister etc etc and for what? A serious case of child endangerment. You still have to blink hard to believe this has been the pattern for six years to the point where they have even laughed in our faces as they lied, so secure and special did they feel.

Now we have the Crimewash show touring selected venues round Europe with the duo that NEVER were cleared by the Portuguese.

Next up, this car crash of a revelation from the ST yesterday. I can safely say that AR is not the only claimant to a revelatory moment.

This means the public need to know, on a need to know basis (FOI), exactly when this information came the way of SY.

The public also need to know, given this certainly came to AR's attention pre CW, why he didn't form a different view of the McCanns other than the one he had been promulgating right up to, during, and after the broadcast.

The public rightly need to know why AR has apparently not had the basic courtesy of consulting the writers of the report and explaining, in confidence, that this material is pertinent to the on-going enquiry. These guys were ex MI5 FFS so would understand the need for secrecy.

The public now need to know exactly what is going on. Because this much I do know: the case ain't going away. Too much information is in the public domain. AND, whoever is at the bottom of this massive heist - however important someone thinks they may be - is not worth ruining the reputation of this country for.
Well said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PIForHire 28.10.13 15:50

Mail is now allowing comments.  Something has changed
PIForHire

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 28.10.13 15:55

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Better rush to order your tat quickly in case this terrible news is true!

http://www.findmadeleine.com/online_store/index.html
I was wondering if its possible that nothing has changed on this site, with Tannerman still being on there etc etc..... Could it be possible that it may be due to it being part of evidence, so maybe SY has got some sort of warrant or something to have it not to be altered ? Only thing I can think of why nothing has changed....
chillyheat

Activity : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by kinell 28.10.13 16:03

ChillyHeat wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Better rush to order your tat quickly in case this terrible news is true!

I was wondering if its possible that nothing has changed on this site, with Tannerman still being on there etc etc..... Could it be possible that it may be due to it being part of evidence, so maybe SY has got some sort of warrant or something to have it not to be altered ? Only thing I can think of why nothing has changed....
Isn't Kate McCann due to give a speech about Missing People soon? If that goes ahead and she's able to continue to spout her lies then I will assume nothing has changed in this case.

kinell
kinell

Activity : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 28.10.13 16:06

kinell wrote:
ChillyHeat wrote:

Isn't Kate McCann due to give a speech about Missing People soon? If that goes ahead and she's able to continue to spout her lies then I will assume nothing has changed in this case.
I get the feeling SY might just be pursuing a fraud case, that's why they said they don't believe the parents are involved in her disappearance.....Does not mean they are not being hunted as fraudsters. If they can break into a fraud case, then that's a way of bringing out possible canaries.
chillyheat

Activity : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 28.10.13 16:09

Tangledweb wrote:Yes, they suppressed vital information, and they can try and spin that by trying to make that information look dubious all they like, but no matter, it isn't just the suppression that is igniting the flame - what about the 'sleep patterns' bit and the 'hypercritical' bit about the parents - there is so much in that article (which is now in the Mail) that casts the parents in such a bad light.   Even at the most basic level, what right minded parents leave a little girl, who was prone to waking up and looking for mummy and daddy in that apartment, night after night?  The apartment which is so clear in the public's mind (thanks to Crimewatch) right near a road, and not 'your garden' as daddy spouted?  

It was abduction at all costs for this pair, right from the start - no other opinion (I thought woke and wandered initially) was allowed.  

The McCanns should never, ever have been in a position where they could dictate terms to anyone.  That they paid their own PI's, out of the public's generous donations, to find their little girl, because they didn't like the police investigation (wonder why?) and then decided to suppress those findings, is appalling.  No spin, no added sentences to the original Sunday Time article, and no excuses in the world will ever change that.

People are waking up to what they are like, and how they have controlled (or paid people to control) what right minded people think for too long.  About bloody time.
Totally agree about the Mcs should never have been able to dictate to anyone.......they were suspects for god sake !!!
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 33 Empty JUST SUPPOSE SMITHMAN WAS AN ABDUCTOR

Post by PeterMac 28.10.13 16:09

JUST SUPPOSE SMITHMAN WAS THE ABDUCTOR.
The McCanns deliberately withheld his description and e-fit from the public, including the Portuguese for 5 years.
Therefore choosing to allow him to continue to rush round the Algarve, hoovering up small blonde girls.

Are they therefore complicit in the abductions of the hundreds of little girls who have been taken in the last . . . .

Ah, I knew there was something wrong with that argument !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16603

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 28.10.13 16:12

kinell wrote:
ChillyHeat wrote:

It's some time next week I believe but it won't be an indicator of change as it's not live. It was recorded, though I don't know the date.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 28.10.13 16:21

plebgate wrote:

1) The point is the case was  shelved not closed. 

Agreed

2) The fact that the report was suppressed would not lead to the case being re-opened, new evidence has led to the case being re-opened.

The new evidence IMO IS that the report was suppressed. The police knew the content of the report already. Because they had already reached the same conclusions.

3) We do not know whether anyone is suspect yet.  Someone might be, but info. not divulged.

I am certain that the police can see what we can see.

4) If the PJ thought the parents were innocent they could have re-opened the case - not quite sure I understand that?

The PJ made it clear they suspected the parents. In 2007/8 they wanted to continue their investigation through a reconstruction. It was impossible to follow that line of enquiry because the Tapas group refused to return to Portugal. To force them to do so they would have had to extradite them, which would be very expensive. So they shelved the case instead. Reopening in those circumstances would bring them back to square one, a reconstruction.

However, if they believed in the McCanns innocence, by evidence of abduction for example, they might have reopened the investigation in 2008 onwards to investigate new leads on this theory.

Now there is new information in the form of 2 efits. The PJ knew about the Smith sighting already. If the McCanns had sent the efits to them, that might be evidence of the McCanns innocence. But they did not. This episode has only made the McCanns seem more suspicious.

So the PJ couldn't reopen the investigation, until now, when they have done so IMO to assist SY. There is, possibly, evidence of the McCanns guilt in the suppression of the report. The Portuguese are in an entirely different situation with the co operation of the British.

5) All only our own opinions of course, so we will wait and see.

Yes

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie 28.10.13 16:25

kinell wrote:
ChillyHeat wrote:

I wonder how the Missing People charity now feel about their dear ambassador Kate, being that she with held important information in the search for her own child.  You couldn't make it up.
Beanie

Activity : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 28.10.13 16:27

dotdot wrote:
Pennypennypenny wrote:Why did they employ PI's in the first place. What were they hoping to achieve?
the only reason i can think of would be to give the illusion that the PJ could not be relied upon and that they were having to take matters into their own hands.  backfired a bit!
Yes, they had to spend some Fund money on a search.

I think they thought that a PI would report, we've been to Portugal, looked everywhere, found nothing.

Oh well, we tried.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by celtclogs 28.10.13 16:27

jozi wrote:

Totally agree about the Mcs should never have been able to dictate to anyone.......they were suspects for god sake !!!
EXACTLY mad
celtclogs
celtclogs

Activity : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by haroldd 28.10.13 16:27

bristow wrote:(Sunday Times)"team of hand-picked former MI5 agents had been hired by the McCanns to chase a much-needed breakthrough (...) Henri Exton, MI5’s former undercover operations chief."
Is Rupert Murdoch's tabloid Sunday Times saying "Come back Kevin Halligen; all is forgiven"? Exton was a policeman who had worked undercover, including with MI5. See this from 2009, especially the 'D' Notice reminder.

Exton's background is interesting:

* Manchester (what connections with other figures in this story?)
* infiltrated football gangs
* born in Belgium

And...my goodness...yet another nuclear link. Although many of Exton's former pal Halligen's claims were false, or twisted, Halligen clearly had the skills to get himself some very high-level access, and it seems that he had been the head of (computer) defence systems at the Atomic Energy Authority. Then, after going private, he got hired by Trafigura who have been involved in toxic waste matters of a very similar kind to some of those which Edward Smethurst had been involved with when he was top lawyer at British Nuclear Fuels Ltd.
haroldd

Activity : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfMoriarty 28.10.13 16:29

The Sunday Times article is most explosive piece written about the case in years. All the key elements are put bang into the frame.
ProfMoriarty
ProfMoriarty

Activity : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 28.10.13 16:30

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 33 Untitl10

MY SPOOF!
WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 33 Blank10
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie 28.10.13 16:32

On the point of Madeleines sleeping patterns. I remember a long thread on 3As that Madeleine went missing/hiding in the grounds when it was bedtime.

Does anyone know if this was a myth or actually true?
Beanie

Activity : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 28.10.13 16:34

Beanie wrote:
kinell wrote:
ChillyHeat wrote:

I wonder how the Missing People charity now feel about their dear ambassador Kate, being that she with held important information in the search for her own child.  You couldn't make it up.
Looks like it's a quick appeal for money

BBC Radio 4
Missing People

Duration: 2 minutes

Sunday 03 November 2013 @ 07:55
Kate McCann presents the Radio 4 Appeal on behalf of the charity Missing People.
WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 33 B03g8d64
Reg Charity:1020419
To Give:
- Freephone 0800 404 8144
- Freepost BBC Radio 4 Appeal, mark the back of the envelope Missing People.  
>>>>>Yes. You can send it in a brown envelope<<<<<<
(thanks for the reminder Jeanmonroe winkwink )
Give Online www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/appeal.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03g8d64
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieWenzie 28.10.13 16:35

Has anyone else noticed how those e fits are the double of Russell obrien and Mathew oldfield!
KenzieWenzie

Activity : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.10.13 16:35

Beanie wrote:On the point of Madeleines sleeping patterns. I remember a long thread on 3As that Madeleine went missing/hiding in the grounds when it was bedtime.

Does anyone know if this was a myth or actually true?
I recall that too.  She was supposed to have been playing hide and seek in the bushes.  Like you I cannot remember if it was true or heresay.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 28.10.13 16:36

This really a historic occasion. Mumsnet members openly discussing cadaver dogs, freezers for body storage, Gaspar, Payne, the Fund, the mortgage payments, sedation, and best of all Amaral is being treated with respect.
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 28.10.13 16:39

tasprin wrote:

Looks like it's a quick appeal for money

BBC Radio 4
Missing People
Duration: 2 minutes

Sunday 03 November 2013 @ 07:55
Kate McCann presents the Radio 4 Appeal on behalf of the charity Missing People.

Reg Charity:1020419
To Give:
- Freephone 0800 404 8144
- Freepost BBC Radio 4 Appeal, mark the back of the envelope Missing People.
.......................................................................................................
I wrote:

And send it to Kate and Gerry, Rothley, it will get there!

Give Online www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/appeal.

And send it to Kate and Gerry, Rothley, it will get there!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 28.10.13 16:40

Praiaaa wrote:This really a historic occasion. Mumsnet members openly discussing cadaver dogs, freezers for body storage, Gaspar, Payne, the Fund, the mortgage payments, sedation, and best of all Amaral is being treated with respect.
Thats excellent news!

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top