The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Lawyer from “Tapas 1”: Mm11

Lawyer from “Tapas 1”: Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Lawyer from “Tapas 1”: Mm11

Lawyer from “Tapas 1”: Regist10

Lawyer from “Tapas 1”:

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lawyer from “Tapas 1”: Empty Lawyer from “Tapas 1”:

Post by Guest 29.08.13 14:31

It's somtimes suprising what you find when searching for something else this is a artical from Nov 2007:

Monday, 12 November 2007

Lawyer from “Tapas 1”: “The lobby surrounding the McCann is frightening” (Full story from "El Mundo", November 11, 2007)

“My client must keep secret what he can do help the search for the truth and this is not due to the law secrecy in Portugal. That is is quite revealing of the strange circumstances around this case”, says the lawyer of one of the two McCann friends that were at Tapas Bar, on the night of May 3, and decided to have a close cooperation with Police, as “El Mundo” published, last Tuesday. “He is not afraid of the McCann but the economic and political lobby that exists, around that couple, frightens any person.”

“Police was called only after the group analysed the problems they could face for having left the children alone and until now, my client had no chance to talk for himself”, the London-based lawyer said. Since September, he represents one of the two friends of the McCann that contacted police and asked for an opportunity to be requestioned, in order to correct some details and discrepancies of the statements made by the group of nine persons that were on holidays at Ocean Club. “What my client wants is to get the truth out – meaning, he is not there to accuse or to clear anyone, that's a police job. He just wants to help police to know the truth about what happened before, during and after that diner, on May 3.”

Asked to comment the denial from Clarence Mitchell, the McCann spokesman who claimed he has been in touch with all the seven McCann friends and all of them told they gave no instructions to their lawyers to contact police and be requestioned, the British lawyer said: “When you look at all the pressure that has been put up over him and others, it's natural that my client would not tell Clarence Mitchell he decided to have his own legal representation and a more close cooperation with police.”

A strong critic of the Media frenzy about Madeleine's disappearance, the lawyer of this member of Tapas group considers that the case is “much more serious” than most people thinks: “I don't want to accuse anyone, but there are people close to the McCann that is not really helping them. However, my client intention is to bring the truth out, in this sad story, no matter who gets hurt.”

The support the McCann had from the Government is another aspect the lawyer criticises: “I understand that our Government had the legal obligation to help the McCann. What I don't understand is that they received such a help that goes further and over anything that would be normal, for a case like this. But, since the the first hours, it was clear that Madeleine's case was not just a normal police case. My client had no support, at all, from the British authorities – only through the McCann couple.”

Questioned about the British Government involvement and political connections related with the case, the London-based lawyer said: “It's not my job to explain why and how politicians had intervened in this case, but I'm afraid that those interventions have been prejudicial not only to my client, but also to the search for the truth.”
Duarte Levy and Paulo Reis

Read more

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.co.uk/2007/11/lawyer-from-tapas-1-lobby-surrounding_12.html

If this artical is true then:

Who out of T7 could this be?

Could this be a person in the files held by the Home Office?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Lawyer from “Tapas 1”: Empty Re: Lawyer from “Tapas 1”:

Post by PeterMac 29.08.13 14:54

Full text - (the formatting lost some off the right hand edge)

Monday, 12 November 2007

Lawyer from “Tapas 1”: “The lobby surrounding the McCann is frightening” (Full story from "El Mundo", November 11, 2007)
“My client must keep secret what he can do help the search for the truth and this is not due to the law secrecy in Portugal. That is is quite revealing of the strange circumstances around this case”, says the lawyer of one of the two McCann friends that were at Tapas Bar, on the night of May 3, and decided to have a close cooperation with Police, as “El Mundo” published, last Tuesday. “He is not afraid of the McCann but the economic and political lobby that exists, around that couple, frightens any person.”

“Police was called only after the group analysed the problems they could face for having left the children alone and until now, my client had no chance to talk for himself”, the London-based lawyer said. Since September, he represents one of the two friends of the McCann that contacted police and asked for an opportunity to be requestioned, in order to correct some details and discrepancies of the statements made by the group of nine persons that were on holidays at Ocean Club. “What my client wants is to get the truth out – meaning, he is not there to accuse or to clear anyone, that's a police job. He just wants to help police to know the truth about what happened before, during and after that diner, on May 3.”

Asked to comment the denial from Clarence Mitchell, the McCann spokesman who claimed he has been in touch with all the seven McCann friends and all of them told they gave no instructions to their lawyers to contact police and be requestioned, the British lawyer said: “When you look at all the pressure that has been put up over him and others, it's natural that my client would not tell Clarence Mitchell he decided to have his own legal representation and a more close cooperation with police.”

A strong critic of the Media frenzy about Madeleine's disappearance, the lawyer of this member of Tapas group considers that the case is “much more serious” than most people thinks: “I don't want to accuse anyone, but there are people close to the McCann that is not really helping them. However, my client intention is to bring the truth out, in this sad story, no matter who gets hurt.”

The support the McCann had from the Government is another aspect the lawyer criticises: “I understand that our Government had the legal obligation to help the McCann. What I don't understand is that they received such a help that goes further and over anything that would be normal, for a case like this. But, since the the first hours, it was clear that Madeleine's case was not just a normal police case. My client had no support, at all, from the British authorities – only through the McCann couple.”

Questioned about the British Government involvement and political connections related with the case, the London-based lawyer said: “It's not my job to explain why and how politicians had intervened in this case, but I'm afraid that those interventions have been prejudicial not only to my client, but also to the search for the truth.”

Some fascinating phrases in there.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 29.08.13 17:15

TUESDAY, 11 DECEMBER 2007

Tapas group met in secret with McCann legal advisers

The group of people that was with the McCann on the night Madeleine disappeared could not agree on the idea of a picture of the meeting being send to the Press, as advisers from the McCann couple have promised to some British newspapers. After it emerged that two of the Tapas nine sent new statements to Portuguese Police, through a London lawyer's office, Clarence Mitchell called all the members of the group, to question them about who gave those new statements and to prepare a meeting of all the group. Initially, the meeting was scheduled for a date very close to Christmas, but as the investigation moved ahead, it was anticipated. Members of the McCann legal team and other advisers were present and participated in the discussions held by the group, who are to be questioned again, soon, by British Police, about the events of May 3.

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.co.uk/2007/12/tapas-group-met-in-secret-with-mccann.html

From the Timeline January 08:
7/1/2008 - Press reports: (from McCannfiles.com)

O'Brien and Tanner named as two who wanted to change story
Dr Russell O'Brien and his partner Jane Tanner are named as the two friends reported last year to have told police they wanted to change their account of that evening.Police were said to believe Dr O'Brien, 36, wanted to change his statement to claim he also saw the man.
unquote

They are the only two who've been mentioned in the press in relation to having consulted a lawyer.

As to the above:  to have been at that Rothley meeting, where ROB and JT were given leave to 'confess' they did have a baby monitor with them.
It all looks very much as if the T 7 had no idea what they were getting themselves into.

It also looks as if actions taken by ROB and JT moved the meeting to November, probably a month earlier than planned. A Christmas meeting would have been much less suspicious, friends coming together at this season etc.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 29.08.13 20:11

WITNESSES CAME TO THE ALGARVE TO REINFORCE TESTIMONY THAT CONTRADICTS THE MCCANNS

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/06/pj-brought-back-to-portugal-3-of.html

Friends are the PJ trumps

In a secret visit to Portugal, three persons who had dinner at the Tapas Bar shattered the McCanns and Jane Tanner versions

Fiona Payne, her mother Dianne Webster, and the husband David Payne. Are the main trumps of the Public Ministry that will lead the parents of Madeleine McCann, the missing girl, on the 3rd of May of 2007, from an apartment in Praia da Luz, Algarve, to be accused of the crimes of exposition and abandonment since they left the girl alone in that critical night. It is a crime that is punishable up to ten years of prison and allows the respective preventive arrests, like 24horas announced last week.

These three witnesses returned to Portugal, on the 11th of July of 2007, in a travel paid by the Portuguese State, and where accommodated in a hotel unity of Portimão. They were still questioned by Gonçalo Amaral’s team, the superior coordinator who was removed from the case, and they contradicted the McCann’s version regarding to what went on in the night of the disappearance.

Remember that Kate, Gerry and the other two couples with whom they had dinner, assured that they were taking turns in the vigilance to the children. A fact that was contradicted to the authorities in the above-mentioned secret travel by Fiona Payne and that had already been put in question in two previous statements, given on the days that followed to Maddie's disappearance, by her mother and her husband.

Jane Tanner Contradicted

“ Fiona Payne gave three statements to the authorities, as well as Matthew Oldfield and his companion, Rachel. Dianne Webster statement [Fiona's mother] was very solid and there was not need of questioning her again”, revealed to 24horas a judicial person in charge connected with the process. In accordance to the same source, “other persons who had dinner with the McCanns - Jane Tanner, her companion, Russell O'Brien, Matthew Oldfield and his wife, Rachel – gave contradictory statements”. And the judicial person in charge exemplifies: "”Jane Tanner always said that she went out from the restaurant to see her oldest daughter. Fiona, David and Dianne guaranteed to the PJ that she never left the restaurant before the alarm was given by Kate. This information was corroborated by several workers of the Tapas Bar restaurant”. These witnesses also stated that Gerry McCann did not even go to check on the children, when he went away of the restaurant, and that he only stayed at the apartment of Praia da Luz entrance.

The only person who stayed in Tapas Bar

Dianne Webster, of 63 years old, mother of Fiona Payne (36 years), was one of three persons who were available to return to Portugal and to help the authorities in the reconstitution of the facts taken place to the 3rd of May of 2007.
She was the only one that was quiet and calm when Kate McCann entered in the Tapas Bar shouting “they’ve taken her!”. The authorities were suspicious of her attitude and she told them that she did not believe in the version of the McCanns. She also pointed out to the PJ that each couple was responsible for their own children and that no one entered in the apartment of the friends[in each other’s apartments].

Facts
SECRET. The McCann organized a "secret" dinner with all the friends with whom they had dinner with at the Tapas, in the Praia da Luz, Algarve, before the rogatory letters sent for England were carried out.

ACCUSATION. The accusation to the McCanns is almost concluded and it should be known before of the 14 of July, the end date for the extended term to incriminate or not the British couple. The judicial authorities are still considering if they will not constitute more arguidos, since the McCann were not the only ones leaving their children alone.

Translated. The majority of you don't know but 24horas lately just has the on-line articles after 13pm or even later. Furthermore the on-line version of 24horas is the US version not the Portuguese one, so main pages with the McCanns case, sometimes do not appear.

Just wanted to add one more thing, I know majority of you believe 24horas to be untrustworthy but never forget what the journalists from 24horas have given us, aside Felícia Cabrita and Margarida Davim from SOL, the most important clues and evidences. Also 24horas journalists are not afraid of process like the Express Group, and they have showed that in previous high profiled cases. 24horas is currently much better reporting facts on this case than any formerly respected British Newspaper: for me the UK Media is the McCanns Media.

About the cowards: The only man who could pressure editorial guidelines as we have seen in the past year is Mr. Murdoch - Rupert, who owns several media outlets around the world including holdings in various press and TV station [Sky News] in the UK. Rupert the same man who creates and destroys the lives of politicians, the same man who serves as an advisor to the US President, and to the British Prime Minister. The Only Man who could pressure and in fact scare the living shit of all the Journalists and chief editors, who are too coward to do anything but oblige 'his masters voice'!

Influences, but still this is not the man running the show, he is a supporter of the master puppeteer.

Meanwhile remember this article Friends of McCanns 'scared to tell truth' from Tuesday, 12 November 2007 published in the Evening Standard and later on thisislondon.co.uk. Notice that the title and the article were updated, contents changed [deleted], the updated article can still be found here.

“It’s not that he is scared of the McCanns, but the economic and political lobby surrounding the couple is truly frightening to anybody.”

A friend of Kate and Gerry McCann wants to "reveal the whole truth" about the case but is frightened of the couple's political allies, a lawyer claimed yesterday.

One of the so-called Tapas Nine wants to help Portuguese police with the six-month investigation but "feels obliged to keep silent", according to the unnamed legal source.

The lawyer attacked the intervention of "certain politicians" in the case and said they had prejudiced the hunt to discover what really happened to Madeleine McCann. Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Foreign Secretary David Miliband both spoke to the couple directly before the McCanns were made official suspects in the case.

Direct contact stopped when they were made arguidos in September but the Premier has been briefed on the case since then and raised it with his Portuguese counterpart last month.

The unnamed lawyer, who claimed to represent one of the Tapas Nine, told the respected Spanish newspaper El Mundo: "My client feels obliged to keep silent about what he can do to help the investigation, and not because of the Portuguese secrecy laws.

"It's not that he is scared of the McCanns, but the economic and political lobby surrounding the couple is truly frightening to anybody.

"What my client wants is to reveal the whole truth, but he does not mean to accuse or blame anyone, as that is the job of the police.

"The only thing he wants is to help the police discover the truth about what happened before, during and after that dinner on May 3."

McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell branded the report "utter rubbish" and insisted there was no rift between the couple and any of their friends.

He said the seven friends who dined with the McCanns that night only had one lawyer between them, and said he had not made any of the comments.

But the legal source said one friend had broken ranks and consulted his own lawyer without telling the others.

The lawyer said: "If you take into account all of the pressure that has been placed on my client and on other people, it is perfectly natural and understandable that my client has not told Clarence Mitchell of his decision to hire his own lawyer to co-operate more closely with the police."

He went on to attack the advisers surrounding the McCanns, who have led a worldwide campaign to find their missing daughter.

The London-based lawyer said: "I understand perfectly that our Government is legally obliged to help the McCanns. What I can't understand is that they have received help which goes far beyond what would be considered normal in a case like this.

"It's not my job to have to explain why and how certain politicians have intervened in this case, but I'm afraid these interventions have been prejudicial not only to my client but also for determining the truth."

He went on: "I don't want to accuse anyone, but there are people very close to the McCanns who are not helping them at all.

"The intention of my client is to bring to light the truth of this sad story, without any concern for who might be implicated."

Last week El Mundo reported that two of the Tapas Nine had contacted Portuguese police to ask to "correct" parts of their statements.

The claim followed speculation that contradictions and inconsistencies in the statements meant that police were about to make four of the group formal suspects in the case.

But it was denied by Mr Mitchell and individually by all of the members of the group contacted by the Daily Mail.

The lawyer was said to have been hired by one of the group in September, and repeated claims that the McCanns did not call the police on May 3 until the group discussed the possible implications of admitting they had all left their children alone while they ate dinner. He said: "The police were only informed after the group in question analysed the problems they could face for having left the children alone."

If true that a male member of the group has hired his own lawyer then it could only be Russell O'Brien, David Payne or Matthew Oldfield.

All three were named as among the four who could be made arguidos, along with Dr O'Brien's partner Jane Tanner, but they have all denied that they want to change their police statements.

Mr Mitchell said: "All of Kate and Gerry's friends speak as one, they have one lawyer and he has certainly not put out any statements on their behalf.

"None of the group have asked to change their stories and none have expressed any worries about being suppressed.

"To suggest that there is some kind of political pressure on the group to stay quiet is outrageous."

A friend added: "It's particularly disgusting to suggest that Kate and Gerry did not contact the police because they were worried about their childcare arrangements.

"Within five minutes of Kate raising the alarm one of the group had run to the Ocean Club reception to ask someone to call the police."

Meanwhile, in Portugal, police were said to be considering whether contradictions in the group's statements could have come from mis-translations from English to Portuguese.

The other official suspect in the case, Robert Murat, was among the translators used by police in the first days of the investigation.

The Portuguese newspaper 24 Horas said police suspected he might have "manipulated" statements made by the McCanns and their friends. His lawyer denied the claim.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.08.13 20:24

Thanks sharonl. thumbsup 

So that is how come Moura said Jane Tanner never left the table in the video on the other thread. So there were several witnesses to this.

Fiona, David and Dianne guaranteed to the PJ that she never left the restaurant before the alarm was given by Kate. This information was corroborated by several workers of the Tapas Bar restaurant”. These witnesses also stated that Gerry McCann did not even go to check on the children, when he went away of the restaurant, and that he only stayed at the apartment of Praia da Luz entrance
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon 29.08.13 20:41

I always found it to be very strange that none of the Tapas 7 have appeared either on TV or in the press (or even on line) to defend the Mccanns. Instead, they appear to have well and truly distanced themselves from the Mccanns. They don't even seem to have made an appearance in the pro-McCann forums to try to defend them anonymously as nothing I have ever read on those sites suggests an educated author, just the opposite actually (although I can imagine members of the families of Mr and Mrs posting on there.)

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon
whmon

Activity : 545

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 29.08.13 20:57

By the "apartment of the entrance" I assume that they mean to say that Gerry left the table and walked up to the entrance of the Ocean Club but did not enter apartment 5A?

The report that no-one left the table ties in with some Tapas staff statements and also adds credibility to Pam Fenns statement that she heard a child crying an hour and 15 minutes (Although, I remain sceptical about this for other reasons)

But, what about Jez Wilkins? Did he really meet Gerry on his way back to the Tapas?

Was anyone missing from the group that night?  We have had various reports about some of the men missing dinner due to tummy bugs earlier in the week.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 29.08.13 21:02

whmon wrote:I always found it to be very strange that none of the Tapas 7 have appeared either on TV or in the press (or even on line) to defend the Mccanns. Instead, they appear to have well and truly distanced themselves from the Mccanns. They don't even seem to have made an appearance in the pro-McCann forums to try to defend them anonymously as nothing I have ever read on those sites suggests an educated author, just the opposite actually (although I can imagine members of the families of Mr and Mrs posting on there.)
Hi whmon,

Fiona Payne did a radio interview where, very tellingly, she announced that if anything dire had happened to Madeleine there were plenty of doctors around who could have helped resuscitate her.
It'll be on mccannfiles.com
But I agree not only have the tapas friends made little contribution there have been no tales at all from any of their neighbours, friends or family - even just saying how nice they all are.
An injunction may be in place of course.
Casey5

Activity : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 29.08.13 21:07

If any of this reporting is true then I am surprised that none of the Tapas crew have been reinterviewed by SY (if that is indeed the case).

plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 29.08.13 21:10

whmon wrote:I always found it to be very strange that none of the Tapas 7 have appeared either on TV or in the press (or even on line) to defend the Mccanns. Instead, they appear to have well and truly distanced themselves from the Mccanns. They don't even seem to have made an appearance in the pro-McCann forums to try to defend them anonymously as nothing I have ever read on those sites suggests an educated author, just the opposite actually (although I can imagine members of the families of Mr and Mrs posting on there.)
Yes the lack of support is very odd, however six of the friends did turn up for the Express pay-out.  Jane Tanner took part in the Panorama documentary and she also joined Kate in the Marathon (so we are told).

We are also told that the Tapas 9 met up in secret, late 2007.

Fiona Payne accompanied Kate to Portugal on one occasion when Gerry was too busy.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 29.08.13 21:59

quote Casey5 :  " Fiona Payne did a radio interview where, very tellingly, she announced that if anything dire had happened to Madeleine there were plenty of doctors around who could have helped resuscitate her."

Will check the context of this statement, but it appears a rather strange thing to say if it was a ref to an accident having happened during one of the 30 minute absences, or indeed the 45 minute one when there was a late night return from the bar.

If the little one had been beyond the point of no return, possible if she had suffered a catastrophic injury and had gone into cardiac or respiratory arrest, no amount of doctors being around would have been any use to her.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Harriet94 29.08.13 22:05

I think it may have been Bridgit O'Donnell who made the resusitate remark. BBC Radio 4 I think but not certain.
Harriet94

Activity : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two 29.08.13 22:17

sharonl wrote:
Yes the lack of support is very odd, however six of the friends did turn up for the Express pay-out.  Jane Tanner took part in the Panorama documentary and she also joined Kate in the Marathon (so we are told).

We are also told that the Tapas 9 met up in secret, late 2007.

Fiona Payne accompanied Kate to Portugal on one occasion when Gerry was too busy.
I think Fiona Payne appeared in Portugal to accompany KM on the second day of the first appeal hearing against the injunction banning Amaral's book, after GM had thrown a hissy fit on the steps of the courthouse after day one and rushed away, ostensibly on important business?
T4two
T4two

Activity : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.08.13 22:21

The resuscitate remark was made by Rachel Oldfield.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Harriet94 29.08.13 22:34

Sorry, I got that wrong. I remember listening to the interview and I was fairly sure it wasn't Fiona Payne. I will go back to lurking, I didn't mean to cause confusion.
Harriet94

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.08.13 22:41

There's no confusing caused, Harriet. Others have made some mistake of the kind.
I only reacted to make sure such mistake is not going to live a life of its own ...
roses 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Harriet94 29.08.13 22:50

Thank you Chateleine roses  I will be more careful in future. Good night
Harriet94

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 29.08.13 22:55

Thanks for that clarification, but my point still stands re the remark making no sense if M had reached the point at which resuscitation would be futile.

If Maddie had an accident with doctors aware and rushing to her aid quickly, her point is valid. The context in which it was made though was M having had an accident as theorised by police, during absence of her parents...and that has been stated at its longest as being 45 minutes iirc.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 29.08.13 23:02

Casey5 wrote:
Hi whmon,

Fiona Payne did a radio interview where, very tellingly, she announced that if anything dire had happened to Madeleine there were plenty of doctors around who could have helped resuscitate her.
It'll be on mccannfiles.com
But I agree not only have the tapas friends made little contribution there have been no tales at all from any of their neighbours, friends or family - even just saying how nice they all are.
An injunction may be in place of course.
Casey I remember a Radio 4 interview with Rachael Oldfield and that is exactly what she said. I didn't hear Fiona Payne's comments but RO definitely did say it and she was nicknamed 'Rachael Resuss' on the blogs and forums, as a consequence. It was a strange thing to say and seemed very much like a Freudian slip at the time because she insisted that if an accident had occurred there were plenty of doctor's on hand to resuscitate the child, therefore, in her opinion, something like that couldn't possibly have happened. But it doesn't make any difference how many doctors are present if the patient has already died.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Who?What?Where? 30.08.13 1:27

There is something that has been bugging me about this case. Something, that has been nagging away, at the back of my mind, that I couldn't quite pin down, but now I have just realised what it is.

It is the imbalance, between the named people who have been financially penalised and / or threatened by the McCann's, and the constant propaganda, (in favour of the McCann's), from completely unnamed “sources”, since the Tapas7 stopped appearing on TV screen's.

I cannot add them up.. “A source close to the Mccann's..” ….“A close family friend.....” “A source close to the couple..” “A source , who did not wish to be named,..” “A respected source...”

I could probably spend all night coming up with these ridiculous quote's, but I cannot be bothered, because they carry no weight.

They are meant to convey an authority, as if they come from someone close to the heart of the matter, but they are not attributable to anyone, so they carry no authority at all. They are meaningless.

Spokespersons of prominent politician's use these sort of tactic's all of the time. They, too, are completely meaningless. Look out for them in your daily paper or even on TV. What a surprise that the Mccann's s most prominent spokesperson was employed by the government, at one time.
Who?What?Where?

Activity : 196

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 30.08.13 1:31

Mirror report

resuscitate
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 30.08.13 5:56

russiandoll wrote:Thanks for that clarification, but my point still stands re the remark making no sense if M had reached the point at which resuscitation would be futile.

If Maddie had an accident with doctors aware and rushing to her aid quickly, her point is valid. The context in which it was made though was M having had an accident as theorised by police, during absence of her parents...and that has been stated at its longest as being 45 minutes iirc.

But bear in mind that the T7 may simply have been told a story - even JT said she'd never been inside 5a until the night of the third.
If she'd been told they'd tried to resuscitate her, the phrase would have stuck in her memory.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 30.08.13 10:45

Rachel Oldfield = 'resusitate' + 'doctors'  Radio 4 Steve Kingstone (Searching for Madeleine)
+ RO saying Madelleine 'BUMPED on head' in another 'interview'

(Rachael Oldfield) I was there on the night. I spent time with Gerry and Kate during the week, you know, before the 3rd of May and afterwards. You know, their emotions and their reactions was just agonising. It was just no way they’re involved in anything to do with Madeleine’s disappearance.

You know, if you take the common sense approach as well and just look at, you know, timings of how things happened and the fact that they’re both medics, there are four other medics in the group, they would know what to do to resuscitate a child… or anyone else for that matter. Anyone with an ounce of common sense really would be able to see that they couldn’t have done it. I was there and I know that they didn’t do it.

(she never did EXPLAIN what the "IT" was that the McCanns couldn't have 'done' and DIDN'T "DO"!)

I KNOW how to resuscitate a child...or anyone else, BUT i cannot resusitate a child, or anyone else that is  beyond resuscitation!

Did RO  ADD the "or anyone else for that matter" as an AFTER thought because she said 'a child'?
I thought i heard, at one time, she said "THE child'! (but transcript changed to 'A child' like JT's 'I was carrying' changed to 'HE was carrying')

"THE child" could possibly mean ONLY Madeleine.

Susan Healy= 'if Madeleine had an acccident'+ 'doctors' ...Panorama.

SUSAN HEALY: If Madeleine had an accident in Kate's presence, Kate is a doctor for goodness sake, they were on holiday with doctors, the first thing she would have done would have been to have sought help for Madeleine, you know, it's absolutely ridiculous to think that Kate would do anything else.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 30.08.13 11:18

PeterMac wrote:Full text   -  (the formatting lost some off the right hand edge)

Monday, 12 November 2007

Some fascinating phrases in there.ascinating indeed. I have often thought CM is one of the people who has done the McCs much more harm than good. It might be questionable whether CM's role is has anything at all to do with protecting the McCs reputation. While on the surface it may seem that way, his brief could rather be to protect the reputation of those politicians who chose to jump in, feet first in support in those early days with no thought for the consequences.
Protecting the McCs seems a mere by product and if the search for the truth were harmed in the process of protecting the reputations of Blair, Brown et al then so be it.

Interesting too if the other T9 members' had no direct government support themselves.  Looks like they really may have been hung out to dry and left entirely dependent on the McCs for media protection.

Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 30.08.13 13:58

tigger wrote:
russiandoll wrote:Thanks for that clarification, but my point still stands re the remark making no sense if M had reached the point at which resuscitation would be futile.

But bear in mind that the T7  may simply have been told a story - even JT said she'd never been inside 5a until the night of the third.  
If  she'd been told they'd tried to resuscitate her, the phrase would have stuck in her memory.
  Hi Tigger,
               Rather tired today, so apologies if I am confused [but shouldn't be !] by your post above. Do you believe at this point that JT was telling the truth re 5a, but accept that elsewhere she has lied?
 Also, I don't get your point about her not having been told about a resus attempt?
 I believe that some of the tapas crew were let in on what went on, but not others.
  I still have a feeling that JT ROB and Ella were used, maybe unwittingly, daytime of 3rd, when I am sure that while Kate was running Gerry was off OC premises, being helped by another with organising things.
 Am  more convinced than ever that 30th and 2nd were key dates. Gerry avoids 30th in his 2nd statement when those that were questioned were asked to give more info about their actions during that week. He talks about every other day even though he says they stuck to a routine, Monday is the only day he ignores and also in Kate's book the silence surrounding the Monday is striking.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top