The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

MISSING PEOPLE - Whooshing comments - Page 2 Mm11

MISSING PEOPLE - Whooshing comments - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

MISSING PEOPLE - Whooshing comments - Page 2 Mm11

MISSING PEOPLE - Whooshing comments - Page 2 Regist10

MISSING PEOPLE - Whooshing comments

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MISSING PEOPLE - Whooshing comments - Page 2 Empty Re: MISSING PEOPLE - Whooshing comments

Post by sallypelt 21.09.13 11:00

I am posting this open letter to Missing Persons, from the Missing Madeleine site. I has probably been posted here sometime in the past, but it says so much and it will give new members so much FACTUAL information.

Admins, I don't know if it's acceptable to post the information in its entirety, but please remove if I have broken any rules.

The Trustees

Regards

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t21053-open-letter-to-trustees-of-missing-people-limited

If someone wants to read then I have left link, but I don't think a letter containing threats is suitable for this forum
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

MISSING PEOPLE - Whooshing comments - Page 2 Empty Re: MISSING PEOPLE - Whooshing comments

Post by plebgate 21.09.13 14:45

Always somebody watching and ready to take action and a GOOD THING TOO.

Let's hope they get somewhere with this.

clapping clapping clapping 
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.09.13 14:52

This open letter dates back to July 2012 and was written by Peter Davies, whoever he might be.

The link from the MM forum has various posts from people who don't agree with the wording of the letter. The worst bit for me is the "do as we say or else" at the end.

Bully boy tactics are not acceptable from any source, not just Team McCann.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.09.13 14:54

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:This open letter dates back to July 2012 and was written by Peter Davies, whoever he might be.

The link from the MM forum has various posts from people who don't agree with the wording of the letter. The worst bit for me is the "do as we say or else" at the end.

I would agree with that NFWTD so I think it best deleted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.09.13 14:54

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:This open letter dates back to July 2012 and was written by Peter Davies, whoever he might be.

I find this letter completely distasteful.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13387

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.09.13 14:57

aquila wrote:

I have deleted it Aquila.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.09.13 14:58

candyfloss wrote:
aquila wrote:

I have deleted it Aquila.
Candyfloss, my post came in at the same time as yours. Thank you for removing the letter.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 04.02.14 10:36

Here is the full article as published in the Daily Record on December 23, 2010: Madeleine McCann’s aunt explains why she has joined charity for missing people.. and how search for little girl goes on Dec 23 2010 Exclusive by Annie Brown IN the window of Patricia Cameron’s porch is a photo of her niece Madeleine McCann with the caption, “Still missing, still missed, still looking.”Another Christmas is about to pass, the fourth since Madeleine disappeared in May 2007, leaving only pain and longing behind. Patricia said: “Christmas is one of the toughest times. But every family occasion is marred because there is a little person who is not there.“It doesn’t get any easier. If anything, it gets harder.”This week, Patricia became a family representative for the charity Missing People, who help with searches and support those left behind. She wanted to take on the role to highlight the plight of the many left with a void in their life – the parents, the children, the sisters, the brothers, the uncles and the aunts of the missing.

The organisation are asking the Government to give families of missing people the same rights as victims of crime, access to legal and financial assistance and emotional support. It hurts Patricia deeply to watch her little brother Gerry and his wife Kate grow emotionally and physically weaker because of the loss and endless searching for Madeleine. Patricia said: “Gerry is the baby of the family. I feel very protective and it hurts me to see him looking so tired. They are both just exhausted. They have so much on their plate.“They are overwhelmed by trying to be breadwinners, investigators and parents. That’s why I support the Missing Rights campaign. People need all the help they can get.”Madeleine was snatched from the Portuguese holiday resort of Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3, 2007, as Gerry and Kate dined nearby.

For the McCanns, there was a desperate need for funds to pay for legal advice and a worldwide search. Patricia said: “It is so hard to watch Kate and Gerry push themselves constantly. When Madeleine first went missing, family and friends had to step in to help them pay the mortgage.“Money is constantly tight but they have to keep going. They will never give up looking and that costs money. Families of the missing still need to pay bills while they search but there is no right to any financial help.”After Madeleine disappeared, Patricia took on the role of babysitter for Kate and Gerry’s twins, Sean and Amelie, now five, while their parents searched. As a result, there is a close bond between Patricia and the children. She bathes the twins when she visits the McCanns and chats to them about Madeleine and her memories of her. Patricia said: “Kate listens sometimes. It is always nice for her to hear someone else’s memories of Madeleine, something more of her little girl.

”There are treasured photos of Madeleine as a toddler, with her aunt holding her in her arms. Patricia was Madeleine’s godmother and there was a special bond between them. When Patricia and her mum, Eileen, visited her son, Paul, who was studying medicine at Cambridge, she would pick Madeleine up from the nearby McCann family home and take her on a special day out. Patricia said: “She would say to the twins they were too little to come and so it was just her. That made her feel grown-up. We would have lunch and feed ducks in the park. Not expensive things, just precious memories.“There were times she had my mum and I in stitches. She was so sharp and funny.”And Patricia remembers vividly a holiday in Ireland with 46 extended family and friends, and playing rounders on the beach. Patricia said: “Madeleine was a little daredevil. She was the only one who would go in the water. It was the Atlantic and it was freezing. She was a determined little thing.”

Madeleine’s grandparents suffer terribly. Eileen and Kate’s parents, Susan and Brian Healy, fear they’ll never see her again. Patricia said: “My mum and Kate’s parents have become very close. They understand each other and what they are going through.“It is hard for them. They think about Madeleine all the time and have some terrible days. A friend of my mum’s died recently. When she was sick, she told my mum she would send her a sign from heaven to let her know if Madeleine was there.”Eileen calls the twins her bonny lassie and bonny laddie, and carries one under each arm. Patricia added: “They are crazy about their granny.”Christmas cards from the McCanns are still signed with the names of all three children. And there are still Christmas presents in Madeleine’s room ready for her to come home.

In the meantime, Kate is exhausted juggling family life with writing a book she hopes will help finance the continued search for her daughter. It is expected to be in shops next April, to coincide with the fourth anniversary of her disappearance. Patricia is a nurse and the hands-on carer in the family. Perhaps that’s why it is unusual for her to take on a task like this for Missing People. The lobbying and the campaigning have always been roles for Gerry and Kate. But they are just too busy. Patricia spent a few days with them last week to give them a break before Christmas. She said: “Gerry has changed. He is more serious and is always exhausted. It breaks my heart to see him like that.“Kate has always been thin but they have just had the cold and she looks even thinner now.“They are both drained emotionally, psychologically and physically.“They are on a treadmill. They are trying to do their best for their wee daughter who is missing and they are trying to do their best for the wee twins in front of them.“That’s why organisations like Missing People are vital. I wish at the beginning we had used the kind of support they offer.”Patricia will never give up hope that Madeleine will be found. She said: “There are cases of people being hidden and kept for years and those cases give you hope. You have to think like that.“She could be alive. We just haven’t found her.”There were over 40,000 incidents of people going missing in Scotland last year. Missing People have caring, highly skilled staff and volunteers working around the clock all over the UK. The role of Family Representative is the first of several planned new volunteer opportunities available in Scotland, and involves acting as a spokesperson to the media and local community. See www.missingpeople.org.uk - See more at: http://mccannfundfraud.info/2011/01/mccanns-were-broke-in-2007/#sthash.UsHg3b38.dpuf
unquote
Need one say more? This speaks for itself.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 29.03.14 7:50

There was a discussion elsewhere on the 'success' of the McCanns in raising money for this charity with a marathon or spoon and egg race. whatever.

I would like to point out that for such a high profile couple their target was set very low, perhaps somebody could supply the figures.  roses 

In any case, this tactic is pure spin, so anyone lauding Gerry for not only achieving his target but exceeding it by iirc 149% is falling for this spin.
Equally some of the comments on the JustGiving website may be spin, others obviously deluded.

As the whole nation knows the couple, the press pushes their saint-and-martyr status on a daily basis, Lorraine Kelly has them promoting themselves on breakfast TV, I would say the pittance they raised was a disaster.

It reveals the real groundswell of opinion on the McCanns, no doubt their spin masters are aware of this. After all, the task of keeping the illusion of popular support for the couple must be getting more and more expensive for whichever PR company has the contract these days.

Pretty soon they'll have to drop it and focus on a new client, suggestions welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 29.03.14 9:29

Re the Daily Record article you'vre reproduced, tigger, I'd very much like to know how one can 'join' a charity without taking up a paid role with the organisation?  

With Kate as its 'ambassador' and Trish as a 'family representative', it's a wonder Phil hasn't climbed aboard the gravy train with her spouse, the renowned snuff swamp artist Tony Rickwood, creating eye-catching images with the help of his brother-in-law John, and that uncle Brian Kennedy isn't in charge of raising 'fighting funds' to keep the CEO, Jo Youle, in her vastly overpaid employment.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 29.03.14 9:39

The discussion you've referred to can be found on the Libel Trial thread, tigger, and the relevant figures can be seen in this post:

ultimaThule
Cristobell wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:The McCanns' were not raising funds for their own private company but for the charity Missing People and, as such they appear to have been remarkably successful with Kate McCann having exceeded her target of £20,000 by £1,769.42, or 8% of the intended sum, and her spouse having raised £9,196.75 which is 129% more than his target sum of £4,000 due in large part to the generousity of Hugh Grant who donated £5,000.

With regard to the donors, all the usual suspects appear to have given together with a 'Cat' who is most probably not the famous Cuddlecat but Catriona Baker, ex-MW Kids' Club worker although, of course, this cannot be seen as an established fact.
I'm not seeing success there at all UT.  This is a couple with over 500,000 'likes' on FB and who regularly appear on our TV screens and the front pages of our newspapers.  As you say, the funds were for Missing People, not the McCann company, and they both appeared on wee Lorraine's sofa (National Television) to plug their 'Just Giving' pages.

All the usual suspects most certainly do not appear, and they are noted by their absence.  Sponsoring someone is terrific way of showing you support them, so where were the celebrities who went to the 1000 day bash?

Whilst I agree with an earlier poster that there are a number of anonymous donors, I don't think that helps their case.  Why don't people want to be seen supporting the McCanns?

Imo, the Marathon and the Triathlon were a PR disaster and one born of vanity.  The McCanns have always claimed that the majority of the public support them, its only a tiny few headcases hidden away in their bedsits, that hate him, whenever there is a whiff of criticism Kate or Gerry point out that it is only a tiny minority who don't believe them, and who are they anyway.  

The Lists told an entirely different story.  In a way, they were that Opinion poll, that the McCanns hoped no-one would look at, because it laid bare the truth, that the tidal wave of support they had in 2007, is long gone.
The McCanns may appear regularly on your tv screen, Cristobell but, other than last October's Crimewatch, I can't recall the last time I saw them on tv 'in their own right', nor do their photos regularly adorn the front page of the daily newspaper I buy.

All of the "usual suspects", by which of course I mean the Tapas 7, are shown as having donated to their friends' sporting efforts for Missing People; the McCanns having long since been dropped by those A-listers who expressed their sympathies back in May 2007 and many other doors were closed to them both prior to, and on, the date they were made arguidios.  

I do not find it at all surprising that some donors choose to remain anonymous.  Having given to various causes via Just Giving, regardless of the sum I donate, 'anonymous' is my box of choice as I was raised to believe that, as with truly good manners, generousity should never draw attention to itself and, IME, just as hypocrisy is often called politeness, self-interest can hide behind what superfically may appear to be charitability.

IMO the McCanns should serve as an example to all who maintain that their truth is the only truth as their shortcomings will inevitably be exposed by those of us who are not easily fooled by charlatans of any persuasion.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 29.03.14 11:00

ultimaThule wrote:Re the Daily Record article you'vre reproduced, tigger, I'd very much like to know how one can 'join' a charity without taking up a paid r

ole with the organisation?  

With Kate as its 'ambassador' and Trish as a 'family representative', it's a wonder Phil hasn't climbed aboard the gravy train with her spouse, the renowned snuff swamp artist Tony Rickwood, creating eye-catching images with the help of his brother-in-law John, and that uncle Brian Kennedy isn't in charge of raising 'fighting funds' to keep the CEO, Jo Youle, in her vastly overpaid employment.

I would think  that even if such representatives are officially volunteers, they are allowed expenses which can literally be any sum.
I would love to see a breakdown of the staff costs, since a minimal amount is left after they've been paid as PeterMac pointed out. Not enough to find one missing person even as we've been told it's around 25.000 pounds per person.

Re-reading the Daily Record article is sickening. The old begging bowl, the family on their knees but bravely chipping away at the coalface. The financial difficulties they are still in? Ehh? How?

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 29.03.14 11:10

The Missing People website has had a complete revamp. Gone are the vulgar 'send us your money' demands on just about every page. Kate's been relegated to the 'about us' section - no longer the darling of a few months ago who spoke on UK radio and had her own heading. New introduction is a little update section on the home page stating the latest 'found people'.

Great PR?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 29.03.14 12:06

ultimaThule wrote:The discussion you've referred to can be found on the Libel Trial thread, tigger, and the relevant figures can be seen in this post:

ultimaThule
Cristobell wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:The McCanns' were not raising funds for their own private company but for the charity Missing People and, as such they appear to have been remarkably successful with Kate McCann having exceeded her target of £20,000 by £1,769.42, or 8% of the intended sum, and her spouse having raised £9,196.75 which is 129% more than his target sum of £4,000 due in large part to the generousity of Hugh Grant who donated £5,000.

With regard to the donors, all the usual suspects appear to have given together with a 'Cat' who is most probably not the famous Cuddlecat but Catriona Baker, ex-MW Kids' Club worker although, of course, this cannot be seen as an established fact.
I'm not seeing success there at all UT.  This is a couple with over 500,000 'likes' on FB and who regularly appear on our TV screens and the front pages of our newspapers.  As you say, the funds were for Missing People, not the McCann company, and they both appeared on wee Lorraine's sofa (National Television) to plug their 'Just Giving' pages.

All the usual suspects most certainly do not appear, and they are noted by their absence.  Sponsoring someone is terrific way of showing you support them, so where were the celebrities who went to the 1000 day bash?

Whilst I agree with an earlier poster that there are a number of anonymous donors, I don't think that helps their case.  Why don't people want to be seen supporting the McCanns?

Imo, the Marathon and the Triathlon were a PR disaster and one born of vanity.  The McCanns have always claimed that the majority of the public support them, its only a tiny few headcases hidden away in their bedsits, that hate him, whenever there is a whiff of criticism Kate or Gerry point out that it is only a tiny minority who don't believe them, and who are they anyway.  

The Lists told an entirely different story.  In a way, they were that Opinion poll, that the McCanns hoped no-one would look at, because it laid bare the truth, that the tidal wave of support they had in 2007, is long gone.
The McCanns may appear regularly on your tv screen, Cristobell but, other than last October's Crimewatch, I can't recall the last time I saw them on tv 'in their own right', nor do their photos regularly adorn the front page of the daily newspaper I buy.

All of the "usual suspects", by which of course I mean the Tapas 7, are shown as having donated to their friends' sporting efforts for Missing People; the McCanns having long since been dropped by those A-listers who expressed their sympathies back in May 2007 and many other doors were closed to them both prior to, and on, the date they were made arguidios.  

I do not find it at all surprising that some donors choose to remain anonymous.  Having given to various causes via Just Giving, regardless of the sum I donate, 'anonymous' is my box of choice as I was raised to believe that, as with truly good manners, generousity should never draw attention to itself and, IME, just as hypocrisy is often called politeness, self-interest can hide behind what superfically may appear to be charitability.

IMO the McCanns should serve as an example to all who maintain that their truth is the only truth as their shortcomings will inevitably be exposed by those of us who are not easily fooled by charlatans of any persuasion.
I am using the generic 'our' UT, in the sense of the UK MSM.

At this time the McCanns need all the support they can get, and I do not mean in a financial sense, but in the sense of people declaring publicly that they believe them - the Just Giving pages were a good opportunity for this, the amounts could of course have remained blank.

Your middle paragraph confuses me.  You have told us several times that you donate to good causes,  so your generous nature is obviously not that anonymous as we all know about it on this forum.  smilie
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 29.03.14 13:15

Cristobell wrote: to uT.

Your middle paragraph confuses me.  You have told us several times that you donate to good causes,  so your generous nature is obviously not that anonymous as we all know about it on this forum.  
Unquote.

I find this an excellent example of moving a conversation and discussion into personal insult.

It was clearly a statement by uT to highlight the gushing tributes and money given by named people on websites.
I too donate to good causes, I'll go even further, finding I had a tax rebate on checking my account I went looking to share part of it- it ended up in the deserving hands of someone selling the Big Issue. A tenner, he was pleased, I was pleased, now two people had had a nice surprise.
So now you all know about my generous nature too.  Give it a rest will you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.03.14 13:18

We don't want a repetition of the problems that occurred elsewhere last night with comments aimed at posters personally so everybody please keep on topic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top