The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 19 Mm11

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 19 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 19 Mm11

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 19 Regist10

19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 19 Empty Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by noddy100 19.05.13 16:40

Smokeandmirrors wrote:
MJC wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:Waiting with baited breath to see what Clarence/McCanns have to say about two alleged individuals entering their apartment to attend to an alone, crying, distressed child. It's looking a lot less like "naivety" now, isn't it?
It never happened; 'russiandoll' has blown this story apart by showing us that this is a statement by Susan Moyes made 6 years ago and now dishonestly re-worked by Scotland Yard and the Sunday Express for their own dishonest purposes.

Scotland Yard was once thought of as the finest police force in the world and the Express still boasts on its masthead that it is 'The World's Greatest Newspaper'.

Not any more they aren't.

The Sunday Express can't tell the difference between a flight of evacuees from a bomb threat in Ibiza and Madeleine being seen on an airport runway in Rio de Janeiro.

Now they can't tell the difference between a genuine, significant new story supposedly unearthed by the dedicated work of a crack Scotland Yard Team which might help to solve the complete mystery of Madeleine McCann...

...and a 6-year-old, sexed-up, fabricated tale of nonsense which is a calculated insult to the Express's readers.

And to think that many of the Sunday Express's million or so readers will actually believe this utter bilge

It is bilge compared to Moyes statements of the time, but do you not think there is an element of SY trying to inch towards a robust re-questioning those that should have been "challenged" about their version earlier on?

This is what I think
Before all this the McCanns were so 'loved' by the gullible UK press and Lorraine Kelly et all
that the mere suggestion of re questioning them would have led to cries of 'cruel' and horror all round.
But these new revelations which emphasise the distress of the child and not the parents will make
it easier for the police to re quiz them and make the public more supportive of that stance.
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 19 Empty Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by sweetex 19.05.13 16:41

Thanks Russiandoll!

I could have missed it, but my question is

Did this Moyes women did an actual statement with the police. I saw the transcript for the radio interview, but is there a police statement? Maybe she has mentioned the couple in her police statement?

Activity : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.05.13 16:43

Smokeandmirrors wrote:
MJC wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:Waiting with baited breath to see what Clarence/McCanns have to say about two alleged individuals entering their apartment to attend to an alone, crying, distressed child. It's looking a lot less like "naivety" now, isn't it?
It never happened; 'russiandoll' has blown this story apart by showing us that this is a statement by Susan Moyes made 6 years ago and now dishonestly re-worked by Scotland Yard and the Sunday Express for their own dishonest purposes.

Scotland Yard was once thought of as the finest police force in the world and the Express still boasts on its masthead that it is 'The World's Greatest Newspaper'.

The Sunday Express can't tell the difference between a flight of evacuees from a bomb threat in Ibiza and Madeleine being seen on an airport runway in Rio de Janeiro.

Now they can't tell the difference between a genuine, significant new story supposedly unearthed by the dedicated work of a crack Scotland Yard Team which might help to solve the complete mystery of Madeleine McCann...

...and a 6-year-old, sexed-up, fabricated tale of nonsense which is a calculated insult to the Express's readers.

And to think that many of the Sunday Express's million or so readers will actually believe this utter bilge

It is bilge compared to Moyes statements of the time, but do you not think there is an element of SY trying to inch towards a robust re-questioning those that should have been "challenged" about their version earlier on?
I see where you are coming from, and, like most of us, you want this mystery to be solved as soon as practicable.

But no, frankly, I cannot share your optimism. In fact I am angry and want to know the who, what, when and how this ridiculous story was cooked up.

I believe that it has involved the leaders of the SY Review Team and the Editor of the Sunday Express, working in tandem. No way do I think that this was part of a cunning plan to tease out more evidence. Rather, if you'll pardon the expression, IMO it's just more 'smoke and mirrors'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 19.05.13 16:47

MJC wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:
MJC wrote:

I see where you are coming from, and, like most of us, you want this mystery to be solved as soon as practicable.

But no, frankly, I cannot share your optimism. In fact I am angry and want to know the who, what, when and how this ridiculous story was cooked up.

I believe that it has involved the leaders of the SY Review Team and the Editor of the Sunday Express, working in tandem. No way do I think that this was part of a cunning plan to tease out more evidence. Rather, if you'll pardon the expression, IMO it's just more 'smoke and mirrors'
Agree. Interesting that Paul Moyes lives in Middlewich which is only about 6 or 7 miles from Brian Kennedys home in Swettenham. Both are located within Congleton Borough.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 19.05.13 16:49

Smokeandmirrors wrote:
MJC wrote:

That could be the case Smoke&M, what if they feel that Mr. A. case might be settled on his terms. Print something which they might sue over and then instead of settling, go the whole hog.

Re. the new info. given by Moyes, can't remember exact wording but something like she knows of a couple giving comfort to the crying child.

Maybe she has heard this on the grapevine so to speak since she gave her original statement. Lots of talk in the cafes and bars maybe around the resort for the last six years and they are frequent visitors there?

Why was Murat quoted as saying bring them all back to Portugal last weekend? That's what I would like to know.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetex 19.05.13 17:00

Re. the new info. given by Moyes, can't remember exact wording but something like she knows of a couple giving comfort to the crying child.

Maybe she has heard this on the grapevine so to speak since she gave her original statement. Lots of talk in the cafes and bars maybe around the resort for the last six years and they are frequent visitors there?

Why was Murat quoted as saying bring them all back to Portugal last weekend? That's what I would like to know.

[/color]
[/color]

I cant find a police statement from her - only the radio interview. Makes me wonder if this was held back by the police? Unless a proper statement was never done.

Activity : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie 19.05.13 17:01

If it is true that the McCanns and their friends were at Chaplins on the night Madeleine cried, and Mrs Fenn did alert the staff to the crying, could it have been staff members that were seen entering the apartment, prior to the McCanns being called back. Although I don't know if this is all purely rumour as you would think other people at Chaplins would have recognised them and come forward to say they were there.
Beanie

Activity : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 19.05.13 17:10

I remember reading a long time back that the staff had called them back and spoken to them about crying coming from their apartment. Whether that is true or not I don't know but it has been suggested by posters that maybe that was the reason for the more regular checks.

AFAIR Mrs. Fenn rang her friend and said that she was concerned about the length of time the child had been crying. I also remember reading that Mrs. Fenn's friend supposedly said along the lines that she was not surprised. If that really was the case, why don't the police contact Mrs. Fenn's friend?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 19.05.13 17:12

Beanie wrote:If it is true that the McCanns and their friends were at Chaplins on the night Madeleine cried, and Mrs Fenn did alert the staff to the crying, could it have been staff members that were seen entering the apartment, prior to the McCanns being called back. Although I don't know if this is all purely rumour as you would think other people at Chaplins would have recognised them and come forward to say they were there.

That sounds very plausible
Can you imagine what Kate would have said to them?
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 19.05.13 17:13

MJC wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:
MJC wrote:

If it is just more BS, and it could well be, it still makes the McCanns look far worse IMO. I guess we'll have to see which way the wind blows over the coming days/months. I'm cultivating quite a bit of optimism, so if you're running low you're welcome to some!! Plenty to share!

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 19.05.13 17:15

plebgate wrote:I remember reading a long time back that the staff had called them back and spoken to them about crying coming from their apartment. Whether that is true or not I don't know but it has been suggested by posters that maybe that was the reason for the more regular checks.

AFAIR Mrs. Fenn rang her friend and said that she was concerned about the length of time the child had been crying. I also remember reading that Mrs. Fenn's friend supposedly said along the lines that she was not surprised. If that really was the case, why don't the police contact Mrs. Fenn's friend?

They probably have! They've had 2 yrs to cross check all-sorts. They'll have talked to all the people that saw them playing tennis, jogging and who were searching that night while Gerry had a little nap. Oh yes.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie 19.05.13 17:18

plebgate

Yes I remember the friends comment and agree she should be questioned, or maybe she has been.

Noddy100

With the foul mouth Kate has I dread to think!
Beanie

Activity : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.05.13 17:28

Nina wrote:The only 'middle aged' person we know of is Dianne Webster. Not saying just saying.

Both O Brien and Matthew are grey haired.

If seen from two stories up in poor light they could well be taken for middle aged.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Philthecynic 19.05.13 17:35

If it is just more BS, and it could well be, it still makes the McCanns look far worse IMO. I guess we'll have to see which way the wind blows over the coming days/months. I'm cultivating quite a bit of optimism, so if you're running low you're welcome to some!! Plenty to share!

This is my problem. There is a surge in interest and you get the excitement of thinking that this will bring justice to poor Maddy and expose the true criminals. Then we discuss it and you realise that some other news story will knock it out of the headlines and the FUND will go back to quietly fleecing those who believe in the abduction.
There is one important difference here. This story has forced the Mr and Mrs to acknowledge that they are less than perfect parents in print but is far from justice.

So now we go back to waiting for the next news item. Optimism is definitely running low now. This is just a rehashed old story and a retiring cop trying to big up his involvement.

Please send some optimism urgently.

Activity : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 19.05.13 17:44

MJC, I've read all this differently to you.

The witnesses on the balcony (poss. Moyes) were talking about the night of 3rd. They apparently walked past 5A on the way back to their apt and were standing on the balcony at the exact same time that Gerry was supposed to have been standing below talking with Jes - exactly the same time that Tanner says she walked past them and saw bundle-man. These witnesses throw a very large spanner in the works as they are sure there was nobody in the street below.

SEPERATELY, there are apparently witnesses who claim that the NIGHT BEFORE, a "middle-aged couple" went into 5A to comfort a crying Maddie.

I think, from my reading of these reports, these are two different events.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 19.05.13 17:56

russiandoll wrote:The f*****g bastards have taken her’"

rather specific under the circumstances of a stranger abduction imo.
Note SOME, but THE.

and the Mcs have recently referred to abductors in the plural, I read they and them a lot.
what the hell is going on ?

This is quite telling of her knowing the `f*****g bastards`. Was she aware that people were going into the apartment and was she aware what for? And these people had the nerve to take her - they weren`t meant to do that.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 19.05.13 18:04

MJC wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:
MJC wrote:

I agree to a certain extent. But as this case often takes us into areas of doublethink, I have a theory. The couple story is nonsense of course and would have been flagged long ago if it were significant. However, I think we are not seeing the wood for the trees here.

I have been watching Sky News on and off (little, if any news today), but something I did pick up on yesterday was a reference to the AG waiting for SY to ask them to re-open the case. It was only a brief mention and could easily have been missed. Now, getting to the key point, we all know the mccanns don't really want the case re-opened. If it were, they may be returned to the Arguido status, or, at the very least Kate would have to answer those 48 questions, and a reconstruction may still be on the table. I see no other way that the case can proceed. It was shelved because without the co-operation of the parents and their friends, it couldn't move forward. Their evidence is integral to the investigation, and the PJ would laugh at the idea of working the case around them.

The mccanns have reached that point of no return. Doh! They have asked for the case to be re-opened, they cannot now say they don't want it, or start demanding conditions after all of SY's hard work (and taxpayers £4m). I note they have not yet made a direct appeal to the PJ and wonder why. The pro shills are skirting around this on twitter, they won't answer directly. In many countries it is usual for families of victims to have a say in the way a matter proceeds, therefore a direct appeal from the parents, and the resulting publicity, would, I feel sure, force their hands.

I think TM and Clarence must quite literally, be in a spin. They have to be seen to be wanting that which they fear the most - the re-opening of the case and those darn pesky awkward questions. They hot footed it out of Portugal when they were made arguido, yet their former arguido status well form part of any re-opening deal, and how can they refuse after all this hullaballoo? And of course, true to form. the statements TM have issued this week fully support the work of SY, it would be difficult for them to backtrack and add SY to their list of haters and pitchforkers. I think they have backed themselves into a corner, or possibly they may even have been given a little push in that direction with the idea that the police are looking elsewhere.

Ultimately, for those seeking the truth, the worse case scenario would be that the Portuguese will leave the case closed without comment. The thinking public will understand that Portugal has no appetite for indulging these people with more of their own taxpayers money. If that is the case, this story could die a death and become yesterday's news. SY did as they were asked, but ultimately it is down to the Portuguese. The mccanns can resume their victim roles and their fundraising as no police force will be looking for Madeleine.

It will be interesting to see how the Portuguese respond. I don't believe they will dismiss the findings of SY with no comment, simply out of respect from police force to another, but if the re-opening is conditional on the parents and their friends co-operating, they will be in a very sticky position indeed.

Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 19.05.13 18:10

Beanie wrote:plebgate

Yes I remember the friends comment and agree she should be questioned, or maybe she has been.

Noddy100

With the foul mouth Kate has I dread to think!

Pity Kate didn't use it on dopey Jane, who watched her 3 year old daughter being carried off by a strange man!
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 19.05.13 18:21

Woofer wrote:
russiandoll wrote:The f*****g bastards have taken her’"

rather specific under the circumstances of a stranger abduction imo.
Note SOME, but THE.

and the Mcs have recently referred to abductors in the plural, I read they and them a lot.
what the hell is going on ?

This is quite telling of her knowing the `f*****g bastards`. Was she aware that people were going into the apartment and was she aware what for? And these people had the nerve to take her - they weren`t meant to do that.
Imo Goncalo Amaral's wife Sofie had good concrete reasons to state that she would never allow her children to be in the company of paedophiles.
Snifferdog
Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 19.05.13 18:22

sweetex wrote:Thanks Russiandoll!

I could have missed it, but my question is

Did this Moyes women did an actual statement with the police. I saw the transcript for the radio interview, but is there a police statement? Maybe she has mentioned the couple in her police statement?

The Express didn`t actually say that it was the couple they spoke to (assuming its the Moyes) who said the police were looking for a couple who went into the apartment to comfort Maddie.

The Express started the piece by saying that the police were looking for a couple who comforted Maddie but they don`t give their source. The info about the `Moyes` is added later on in the piece but has nothing to do with the couple that the police are looking for. It didn`t come from the `Moyes` (that`s if it is them).

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 19.05.13 18:23

And the Gaspar statements. So telling.
Snifferdog
Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 19.05.13 18:25

Lance De Boils wrote:MJC, I've read all this differently to you.

The witnesses on the balcony (poss. Moyes) were talking about the night of 3rd. They apparently walked past 5A on the way back to their apt and were standing on the balcony at the exact same time that Gerry was supposed to have been standing below talking with Jes - exactly the same time that Tanner says she walked past them and saw bundle-man. These witnesses throw a very large spanner in the works as they are sure there was nobody in the street below.

SEPERATELY, there are apparently witnesses who claim that the NIGHT BEFORE, a "middle-aged couple" went into 5A to comfort a crying Maddie.

I think, from my reading of these reports, these are two different events.

I read it like that also. However that gives three sets of witnesses. The Moyes, the middle aged comforters and whoever it is that saw the middle aged comforters. So who are the third witnesses
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 19.05.13 18:29

Snifferdog wrote:And the Gaspar statements. So telling.

Which had reference to a man that looks middle-aged.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 19.05.13 18:33

Wasn't it Gerry who give the time of 9:15PM for HIS "last check"? JW couldn't be sure of the time, but I think I can remember that JW said he took his child out in the pushchair at around 8:30 PM?, and said that he saw GMc "doing something with the shutters"? Now, if GMc was near the apartment at 8:30 PM and NOT 9:15PM as he claimed, and knowing that JW had seen him near the shutters, then this could have thrown the McCann's into a spin to get things done quicker than planned. I believe JW over the Tapas 9 any day.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 19.05.13 18:36

Isn't it fairly recently that we had the 'white van man' or large white van topic? The British cleaners were certainly mentioned in that topic.

This is just a rehash from late last year I think. The Moyes were a given anyway and the soothing couple seems to have been thrown in by the Moyes? Which makes me doubt them even more (see the Moyes topic).

Here's white van man:

Maddie: Hunt for 6 Brit cleaners
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4842474/New-Madeleine-McCann-lead-as-police-hunt-for-six-Brit-cleaners.html
Missing ... Madeleine McCann
Cops' new lead
COPS investigating the Madeleine McCann case are trying to trace six British cleaners working in Portugal when she disappeared.

The group were based in Praia da Luz when Madeleine, then just three, vanished from her family’s holiday complex in 2007.

A property owner has told how cops probing the disappearance asked four times about the cleaners.

New lead ... Madeleine
Officers became aware of the six to eight Brit workers — who are said to have used a white van — after poring through evidence amassed during the original Portuguese investigation.

They are now asking for information about the group from owners whose properties overlook the Praia da Luz apartment where Madeleine stayed.

It is the first time the cleaners have been mentioned during any investigations into the three-year old’s disappearance.

The current inquiry — codename Operation Grange — is reviewing all evidence and leads thrown up by the original probe.

Portuguese police are said to have spoken to all nearby apartment owners about who was present on May 3, 2007, when Madeleine vanished while on holiday with parents Gerry and Kate.

Now Scotland Yard cops are going back to review witnesses and statements in the case.

Campaign ... Maddie's parents
One property owner showed The Sun a letter from the force, which says officers are checking who was in flats at the time.

When he rang the cops, he said he was asked repeatedly about the cleaners, who he believes were six to eight men or women.

The owner said: “The officer said it had been drawn to their attention there were British people that cleaned the apartments who they needed to speak to.

“They said, ‘Who are the British cleaners that are cleaning the apartments in a white van’?

“They wanted to know if I knew anybody that does cleaning out there. They asked about it four times. Mostly the cleaners that do the Ocean Club apartments where the McCanns were staying are Portuguese.

“But they were keen to know if I knew anybody that worked for a cleaning firm out there. They were very interested in who’d have access to those apartments.”

Lead ... white van
The owner added: “The apartments where the McCanns were staying have their own cleaners provided by the Ocean Club. But some don’t want to pay their prices and get others to come in.

“Any British cleaners would not be on contract, they’d be brought in. They have adverts in the supermarkets and some of the private apartments use them because they’re cheaper.

“Where the McCanns were — or near where they were — may well have had someone who used them. I think people should be aware cops want to speak to these people. Me speaking out might help others that know them to come forward.”

A source said: “This seems to be a completely new line of inquiry. There is no mention of a group of British cleaners using a white van in the original Portuguese police files which have been made public so far.

“It would seem that this is something that has been brought to the attention of the police by someone they have interviewed during their investigation.”

Complex ... where family stayed
Operation Grange was set up by PM David Cameron following pleas from Madeleine’s family, who live in Rothley, Leics.

A Met Police spokesman said speaking to individuals was part of its review, adding: “Officers are reviewing all of the material in relation to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. This is routine procedure as part of the ongoing review.”

d.sales@the-sun.co.uk

Mystery vehicle
WITNESSES have mentioned a white van before in the Madeleine case — most recently in 2010.

Carlos Moreira, 65, said he saw her lying in the back of a van near the spot where she vanished.

He told investigators he had seen a couple who looked like gypsies near the vehicle.

Earlier there were reports to the original Portuguese police probe of a young dark-haired man acting suspiciously beside a white van just before Madeleine disappeared.

The man, with deep-set eyes, was reportedly seen staring intently at the apartment where the McCann family were staying.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top