The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns Hire Car Contract - Page 9 Mm11

McCanns Hire Car Contract - Page 9 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns Hire Car Contract - Page 9 Mm11

McCanns Hire Car Contract - Page 9 Regist10

McCanns Hire Car Contract

Page 9 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns Hire Car Contract - Page 9 Empty Re: McCanns Hire Car Contract

Post by jd 09.02.13 17:44

Lady-Heather wrote:
What is it with these people? I can't make out the address but the postcode NR20 3HL is an address in Hockering, Norfolk. Didn't RM live at Casa Lilliana?

What I'm thinking jd, is that RM may have lent his car to 'the family involved in the search', which may have been fine for a week or so as he would likely have had access to his mother's car (a VW, IIRC). But then something happened the following weekend which necessited the urgent hire of the Getz, as above.

Yes both good points and does make sense....really good sense actually

The postcode is correct...If you put it into googlemaps you will see it matches the address on the contract. Great spot. Now why is murat using this UK address to hire a car when he is living in PDL and hiring the car in PDL?

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 09.02.13 17:45

Dr What wrote:The address seems to read....
2 The street

then it is indistinct.

I won't put the address in a post but googlemap the postcode then you see it matches the contract

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 09.02.13 17:50

jd wrote:
Lady-Heather wrote:
What is it with these people? I can't make out the address but the postcode NR20 3HL is an address in Hockering, Norfolk. Didn't RM live at Casa Lilliana?

What I'm thinking jd, is that RM may have lent his car to 'the family involved in the search', which may have been fine for a week or so as he would likely have had access to his mother's car (a VW, IIRC). But then something happened the following weekend which necessited the urgent hire of the Getz, as above.

Yes both good points and does make sense....really good sense actually

The postcode is correct...If you put it into googlemaps you will see it matches the address on the contract. Great spot. Now why is murat using this UK address to hire a car when he is living in PDL and hiring the car in PDL?

Because that was the address on his driving licence? There must be some rule that address is put down as whatever there is on the driving licence?
lol!
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.02.13 17:53

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The address is that where he once lived with his ex-wife. It's just another case I think of not having updated the licence address and that being used on the rental agreement.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by southern_gal 09.02.13 17:54

Jean wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The address is that where he once lived with his ex-wife. It's just another case I think of not having updated the licence address and that being used on the rental agreement.

I'm confused here. Who's ex-wife?
southern_gal
southern_gal

Activity : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 09.02.13 17:55

Inspectorfrost wrote:

Because that was the address on his driving licence? There must be some rule that address is put down as whatever there is on the driving licence?
lol!
He was a resident in PDL for many years (not a holidaymaker) and would need a Portuguese DL, therefore a Portuguese address
duh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.02.13 17:55

Southern_gal: Robert Murat's ex-wife.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 09.02.13 17:57

southern_gal wrote:

I'm confused here. Who's ex-wife?

Murats ex-wife who lived in Suffolk with their 4 year old daughter, who quoting murat "looked just like Maddie"

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 09.02.13 17:59

Lady-Heather wrote:

If I remember correctly, robert murat had a car anyway and why this hire one was suspicious. He had the green van and also another car?

Back to top Go down

Post by InPortimão 09.02.13 18:00

jd wrote:
Inspectorfrost wrote:

lol!
He was a resident in PDL for many years (not a holidaymaker) and would need a Portuguese DL, therefore a Portuguese address
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This isn't strictly true. I live in Portugal, but have a UK licence. As long as you can still be contacted via the UK address (which is my case is my parents' house) all you need to do is register with the IMTT out here. You don't legally have to exchange the licence. You then carry an additional piece of paperwork with your licence, which contains both addresses. There is definitely something odd about the discrepancies but I don't think Murat's use of his ex-wife's address is one them.

Keep going though, this is absolutely fascinating stuff and could just be the thing that unravels the whole mystery!
InPortimão

Activity : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 09.02.13 18:01

ok Inspector Frost - yes, I was referring to the graph, then to the box underneath the graph. You are right, only I couldn`t understand why a forum member doing a graph would include `rental` and `devolution` but maybe there was a reason. Thanks for explaining.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 09.02.13 18:07

InPortimão wrote:
Not strictly true. I live in Portugal, but have a UK licence. As long as you can still be contacted via the UK address (which is my case is my parents' house) all you need to do is register your licence with the IMTT out here. You don't legally have to exchange the licence. You then carry an additional piece of paperwork with your licence, which contains both addresses.

Keep going, this is fascinating stuff!

Thanks for the info. I would only say that murat was not living at the Suffolk address, it was his ex wife by herself in her name I would say. It looks though like he had 'financial transactions' going to this address in the UK. Bit like gerry mccann using the old Queniborough address rather than the actual address he was living at. I don't see why they are using different addresses to where they are living

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What 09.02.13 18:08

Now, it may be that all of these oddities/co-incidences/confusions have a perfectly innocent explanation.
But I'm sure that the Portuguese investigation uncovered these confusions as well.I think I can start to appreciate exactly how they must have felt when presumably, they tried to get information passed to them from the UK Police in an attempt to explain these issues ie credit card history etc ...only to be greeted with a stony silence.
Dr What

Activity : 286

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 09.02.13 18:08

That's what I thought too.

@JD, you can drive in any EU country with a British licence.
As I said before they must just copy whatever address is on the licence when recording the details. its not as if GM put that address anywhere else, He used his current address on the holiday booking.e.g.
@Woofer, no problem. They were probably just being thorough.

Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 09.02.13 18:10

Dr What wrote:Now, it may be that all of these oddities/co-incidences/confusions have a perfectly innocent explanation.
But I'm sure that the Portuguese investigation uncovered these confusions as well.I think I can start to appreciate exactly how they must have felt when presumably, they tried to get information passed to them from the UK Police in an attempt to explain these issues ie credit card history etc ...only to be greeted with a stony silence.

Yes exactly. I am sure had they been given half of what they requested they would have been able to solve this case 6 years ago! Is there a reason why the Home Office refused to give informations?

Money/finance are normally the root of things

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 09.02.13 18:12

Inspectorfrost wrote:
But why with an address he is not living at?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Heather 09.02.13 18:13

jd wrote:
Lady-Heather wrote:

If I remember correctly, robert murat had a car anyway and why this hire one was suspicious. He had the green van and also another car?

Yes IIRC RM had a Skoda, and a VW van of some description which his mother was using.
This is the news article, partly reproduced in the link above in Jean's post which describes how a witness said he needed the hire car as his was being used in the search: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lady-Heather
Lady-Heather

Activity : 138

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 09.02.13 18:18

Lady-Heather wrote:
Yes IIRC RM had a Skoda, and a VW van of some description which his mother was using.
This is the news article, partly reproduced in the link above in Jean's post which describes how a witness said he needed the hire car as his was being used in the search: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Mr Murat said he wanted to hire a car because his own was being used to help in searches for "the missing little girl". The Hyundai, which was still in his drive when he was arrested on Monday, was searched along with a green Volkswagen van."

Which going back to what you originally were saying....Who was using his car for these so called 'searches'? cameron re mccanns? This is highly suspicious and I get a sense of panic going on 'behind the scenes' at this particular time period

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 09.02.13 18:18

jd wrote:
Inspectorfrost wrote:

Yes, sorry, please see my edited previous post.

Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 09.02.13 18:24

It is perfectly feasible he has an Irish and GB passport. However, he would have had to sit a test in Ireland to gain an Irish Driving Licence, so not likely.

Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 09.02.13 18:26

Inspectorfrost wrote:
jd wrote:
Inspectorfrost wrote:

Yes, sorry, please see my edited previous post. As I said before they must just copy whatever address is on the licence when recording the details. its not as if GM put that address anywhere else, He used his current address on the holiday booking.e.g

His DVLA was issued on 21st December 1995...We would need to trace back where he was living on this date. Off memory it might have been in Suffolk and around the Bernard Matthews days, but am not sure if it was this address/town in Suffolk. I 'think' that his ex wife moved to this address after she left PDL when she got homesick a few years previous. Will need to check this through

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Heather 09.02.13 18:26

jd wrote:
"Mr Murat said he wanted to hire a car because his own was being used to help in searches for "the missing little girl". The Hyundai, which was still in his drive when he was arrested on Monday, was searched along with a green Volkswagen van."

Which going back to what you originally were saying....Who was using his car for these so called 'searches'? cameron re mccanns? This is highly suspicious and I get a sense of panic going on 'behind the scenes' at this particular time period
Yes I agree 100% jd. IMO - based on what the car hire witness said, plus Cameron himself, I think Murat lent his car to Sandy Cameron.
Lady-Heather
Lady-Heather

Activity : 138

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 09.02.13 18:50

Lady-Heather wrote:
jd wrote:

Yes I agree 100% jd. IMO - based on what the car hire witness said, plus Cameron himself, I think Murat lent his car to Sandy Cameron.
Remember Murat's car went in for repairs or some such.

Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 09.02.13 19:13

Lady-Heather wrote:
jd wrote:

Taking it on face value that a "friend' was using his own car for the searches, it does beg the question why the "friend" could not hire the car themselves? The "friend' has the correct documents to be able to drive a car in PDL so couldn't he/she have just hired a car for the searches. Must be a good friend that he/she uses murats car and then murat forks out the money from his own pocket as well

Did murat ever explain "why he was in such a hurry"....He's always in a hurry....dashing back to PDL on May 1st booking the flight at midnight hours before taking it, in a hurry for emergency business meetings even though he was spending his time as a translator with the PJ and/or with the other holidaymakers at OC. Can't have been that important business to urgently fly back for then

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 09.02.13 20:46

Murat needed hire car in a hurry Daily Mirror

Vanessa Allen And Martin Fricker In Praia Da Luz, 18/05/2007

POLICE hunting missing Madeleine McCann are probing claims that suspect Robert Murat hurriedly hired a car two days before he was arrested - despite already having two vehicles.

Hire firm worker Maria Rocio says Murat rang her on Saturday and asked to rent a Hyundai Getz for three days, insisting he needed it immediately and could not wait.

Maria added: "Robert said to me, 'I need to rent a car for myself because the English people who are looking for the little girl need to borrow my car. They need to put information posters on it.'"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So.....he hires a car because people he does not know want to put "posters" on his car.......Right!!! wow

I hope he paid for the posters like everyone else!!!

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top