The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 24 Mm11

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 24 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 24 Mm11

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 24 Regist10

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED**

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 24 Empty Re: Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED**

Post by Guest 25.01.13 21:51

margaret wrote:
Inspectorfrost wrote:Vera's posts were intriguing. None of what she said appeared in the media or the PJ files or referred to by anyone in Portugal in any media or other official capacity or corroborated even by further gossip. Doesn't mean they were not true I suppose, though I would probably wager they were mostly false.

I also understand her postings were made in 2008? if so, what took her so long?

Was it? I thought it was not long after. Take no notice of me folks, l think its past my bedtime tonight. Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 24 110921

Margaret, I can also remember it from 3a days, I thought it was not that long after. Perhaps I am getting too oldBlacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 24 110921
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 24 Empty Re: Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED**

Post by Inspectorfrost 25.01.13 22:16

The 3as website was created in November 2007. I dont remember when it shut down. All the google references I have found to Veras posts are from may and summer 2008. I will have another nosey. Lets put it like this. There is nothing to substantiate her posts.Just another coldwater IMO.Which makes one wonder what her motive was.
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 26.01.13 2:37

I really really believed in Coldwater then, and wont discount him. Not until the whole truth is out anyway.

Through his posts I got the impression he 's an intellectual, unassuming, and decent guy.
He was consistently always civilised and well mannered throughout even when challenged by trolls.
Can someone with those kind of characteristics be a WUM - hmm..I am not so sure.

I know his name was outed in the stolen-database-debacle, then he got into a spot of bother - who with I haven't a clue.

Guillible? Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 24 110921 Let's see what pans out (incidentally his favourite phrase). At which time I shall know whether I have been had.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 26.01.13 4:38

I emailed, sky news, the bbc, the mail, the sun, the mirror and the star pointing out the news of the gruesomes capitulating and seeking a deal with Dr. Amaral that is acceptable to him.

I also pointed out the fake sighting in Brazil saying where the photo was taken and when and how it coincided with the delayed accounts and their capitulation, letting them know this is normal predictable behavior from the gruesomes and supporters everytime anything painting them in a bad light comes out.

Being so helpful i also gave them a bit of statement analysis showing their deception, their own attorney saying she was defending a mother and father who killed their child and concealed her corpse ( damn that missing allegedly, it is now an official statement of guilt and not a possibility) and also kate's pressing a button and they would ALL be togeather ( proof she knows Madeleine is dead as this is the only way they can logically be all togeather otherwise she has just murdered the twins and made her an orphan)

I also pointed out with questions as to where was everyone when Madeleine said she cried and they didn't come and kate said was it when they were being bathed or put to bed?

This leads to if Madeleine cried and the parents were there then she would not need to know why they didn't come as they were already there.

Thus

1)If the children were in 5a where were kate and gerry that they never heard?

2) if they were all in 5a who was bathing the children and putting them to bed if not kate and gerry ( david payne perhaps?) and why did not parental instinct make them go see why they were crying and to reassure them?

3) If the mccanns were in 5a were were the children? who was bathing them and putting them to bed?

4) Why did they let someone else bathe and put them to bed in the first place?.

If this was nightly why the change on the last night?

Was the claim they were all in 5a made to explain away her disappearance, it was the only way an abductor could have taken her? it's a lot harder if an adult was watching them all.

If it was an accidental death as allowed in the files, why did she have to vanish? why not claim they went to bed, woke up and she was dead?

Did she vanish because it could not be passed off as accidental or unexplained? old injuries such as healing fractures, cuts and bruises, evidence of sexual abuse which would point straight to gerry and the tapas 7.

The file number allocated to gerry in CATS and the fact they don't create files on a just in case basis, what was in the files that were deleted and is jim gamble involved?

I also suggested when they start asking questions, no compound questions, no interrupting and listen to the words used don't interpret.

et's see what they say and do Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 24 519725Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 24 566835
Hobs
Hobs
Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Pinto 26.01.13 8:28

UPDATE - Joana Morais

Gonçalo Amaral, quoted the following, by the Brazilian philosopher Paulo Freire (author of Pedagogy of the Oppressed) on January 19th: “If our option is progressive, if we are in favour of life and not death, of equity and not injustice, of correctness and not of fatalism, of the coexistence with the other and not of its denial, we do not have another path but live fully with our choice.”

Excerpt from 'Querida Júlia' talk show, broadcast by SIC on 23. 01. 2013

Hênani Carvalho (HC) - The McCanns, Madeleine's parents, as you know, sued Gonçalo Amaral for defamation. On the eve of the trial they asked for an extrajudicial meeting with the various defendants. As you know the defendants are the coordinating inspector Gonçalo Amaral, TVI, Valentim de Carvalho and Guerra & Paz. They asked for an extrajudicial meeting. I wrote about that this week on TVmais.

Júlia Pinheiro (JP) - The issue is today on the news-stands.

HC - Exactly. The extrajudicial meetings close to the trials are common, but usually it's the defendant who proposes...

JP - The defendants, right?

HC - ... a solution out of court.

JP - Not the one that accuses [plaintiff], right?

HC - Let's see if this meeting will end in something, if it doesn't, at least it bought someone time, whomever that someone is.

JP - So, what do you think? Is this a delaying tactic, to win time?

Lower Third - 'McCann couple orders the suspension of the trial against Gonçalo Amaral'

HC - So far... the beginning of this trial has been postponed about two or three times already. The fact that all parties have agreed [on the extrajudicial meeting requested by the McCanns] led the judge to agree with the suspension of the trial, so everything will start in six months time with either an extrajudicial solution or with the trial.

JP - Unfortunately, without knowing anything about Maddie McCann. That's the issue that doesn't move forward, it doesn't progress anymore.

HC - About that, there is something that we do know, she disappeared from Praia da Luz, that night, from that apartment.

JP - And she was never seen again. Let's move to...

HC - She was seen various times.

JP - Recently I haven't seen anything about the sightings.

HC - There was another one, just a few days ago she “appeared” [ref. Brazilian Hoax/Daily Express].

JP - Really?

HC - Yes, but I have had enough of that championship [circus].
Karen Pinto
Karen Pinto

Activity : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 26.01.13 9:11

So there are four defending parties in the negotation: Gonçalo Amaral, TVI, Valentim de Carvalho and Guerra & Paz. Interesting!

If Mccanns hoped that by negotation they can get these defendants to stop discussing or writing about their case (in other words to impose a certain degree of gag on them) hence their "protection" aspect, they can dream on. It is the premise of their suit, but had no conviction of their claims when they backed out of trial at the Court's door.

The defendants did not stand firm for 4 years for no good reasons.

At most I imagine defendants agreed to the "out of court settlement" to negotiation damages and compensation. If the mccanns have something else in mind it won't work, jmo.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 26.01.13 12:05

McCANNS ask for OUT OF COURT settlement- Hernâni Carvalho

HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.01.13 12:16

Thanks HiDeHoBlacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 24 259100Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 24 636506

I have a feeling the trial of Marcos the lawyer who won his libel trial had something to do with the decision to seek settlement. He WON his case against Mr Amaral, because he believed what he wrote to be true. BS says this in his latest blog. A reminder of what Blacksmith said re the Marcos trial which happened not so long ago, and how it has helped Mr Amaral.....

Thanks Marcos

by Blacksmith

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5560-thanks-marcos-by-blacksmith-bureau?highlight=Marcos+Aragao+Correia
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Montclair 26.01.13 12:19

aiyoyo wrote:So there are four defending parties in the negotation: Gonçalo Amaral, TVI, Valentim de Carvalho and Guerra & Paz. Interesting!

If Mccanns hoped that by negotation they can get these defendants to stop discussing or writing about their case (in other words to impose a certain degree of gag on them) hence their "protection" aspect, they can dream on. It is the premise of their suit, but had no conviction of their claims when they backed out of trial at the Court's door.

The defendants did not stand firm for 4 years for no good reasons.

At most I imagine defendants agreed to the "out of court settlement" to negotiation damages and compensation. If the mccanns have something else in mind it won't work, jmo.

The fact that the defendents agreed to the suspension does not mean that they will agree to any settlement offered by the McCanns. I'm sure that they are very curious to see what the McCanns are willing to propose, I know I would be.
Montclair
Montclair

Activity : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.01.13 12:20

candyfloss wrote:Thanks HiDeHoBlacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 24 259100Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 24 636506

I have a feeling the trial of Marcos the lawyer who won his libel trial had something to do with the decision to seek settlement. He WON his case against Mr Amaral, because he believed what he wrote to be true. BS says this in his latest blog. A reminder of what Blacksmith said re the Marcos trial which happened not so long ago, and how it has helped Mr Amaral.....

Thanks Marcos

by Blacksmith

[url=https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5560-thanks-marcos-by-blacksmith-bureau?highlight=Marcos+Aragao+Correia
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5560-thanks-marcos-by-blacksmith-bureau?highlight=Marcos+Aragao+Correia[/quote[/url]]

From the above article......

And the same goes for Goncalo Amaral – even if the PJ inspectors’ report of 2007 which set out the claims circulated by Amaral was a pack of lies from start to finish then as long as Amaral genuinely believed them he cannot be guilty of libel. So in the long run Aragão Correia may finally have got his way and made a historic contribution to the Madeleine McCann Affair. But not at all the one he wanted.
No one can ever be sure how a case will turn out and it is not impossible that Amaral will lose – but not on one individual’s misguided and shoddily reasoned whim, as was the case with prosecutor Menezes’ comments. That is why we've always wanted the case to come to court. If the McCanns win then the appeal court will ensure that the legal requirements outlined above have been met – and we will all gain from the information about the affair so provided. Otherwise the verdict will be overturned.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 26.01.13 13:58

It is interesting that Hernani Carvalho doesn't rule out the McCanns seeking an out-of-court settlement as a delaying tactic. We have discussed this here.

PS: does anyone know how much the McCanns were seeking from the other defendants? They've made it known they wanted 1.2M euros from Amaral with Ed "The Expunger" Smethurst adding they reserved the right to increase the amount if it turns out Amaral made more money from the books.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 26.01.13 15:43

ShuBob wrote:It is interesting that Hernani Carvalho doesn't rule out the McCanns seeking an out-of-court settlement as a delaying tactic. We have discussed this here.

PS: does anyone know how much the McCanns were seeking from the other defendants? They've made it known they wanted 1.2M euros from Amaral with Ed "The Expunger" Smethurst adding they reserved the right to increase the amount if it turns out Amaral made more money from the books.

Playing delaying tactic means there is a reason behind it.

What miracle are they expecting to happen that would change their situation in the interim period?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by southern_gal 26.01.13 15:44

Montclair wrote:

The fact that the defendents agreed to the suspension does not mean that they will agree to any settlement offered by the McCanns. I'm sure that they are very curious to see what the McCanns are willing to propose, I know I would be.

I don't have any understanding of how the Portugal/ European judicial system works so please forgive my ignorance. Could the defendants have refused the plaintiffs request for a suspension?
southern_gal
southern_gal

Activity : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 26.01.13 16:03

southern_gal wrote:
Montclair wrote:

I don't have any understanding of how the Portugal/ European judicial system works so please forgive my ignorance. Could the defendants have refused the plaintiffs request for a suspension?

I would imagine so.
Refusing the suspension is not right term, as reasons for suspension could be anything, but rather refused the proposal to "settle out of court".
I don't see why NOT?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by McCant 26.01.13 16:11

Inspectorfrost wrote:
McCant wrote:
Inspectorfrost wrote:
McCant wrote:What a sham the McCanns and their
lawyers are. And Smethurst is even on the board ‘helping to find’ Maddie. Twit.
All their lawyers are in it for cash, nothing else.
And they have had loads of it. Especially the ones that set up the fund. Theycharged over 180k for doing so. Shameful.

Ok, so the lawyers are not stupid, and they’re travelling along with the circus solely for the money. This would mean that they’re humouring the McCanns. So what happens at meetings – how do the lawyers manage to look and sound sincere? They couldn’t possibly keep it up; and do the McCanns suspect that their own lawyers are just humouring them to milk the cash? It must be very uncomfortable in the room with each side knowing that the other side is kidding them along…

…especially as each side will know that the other side knows they’re kidding, and knows that they know they know… and so on.

Unscrupulous lawyers do that day in day out. But yes not many are thick.

Yes, but they’re not always on such dubious boards with such people, raking in hundreds of thousands of pounds.

i.e. the board of the ‘find madeleine’ fund, with the money used to help find maddie… supposedly.
McCant
McCant

Activity : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 26.01.13 16:49

Hobs - that was a comprehensive detailed list you emailed all those media outlets. Wonder if any will bother to reply, but at least you know that someone will have read the info. On Twitter lots of folk are tweeting the info and HideHo's latest video so word will get out there. Hope you get a reply/acknowledgement/action. Did you miss the Express? They could have a superb front page tomorrow if only they had the bottle.

This case has made me very cynical and opened my eyes to so many cover ups that the media do not tell us. Thank God for the internet otherwise we'd only have the news the PRopaganda people want us to read. Just like the government's media monitoring superstar - well looks like he's got another ship on the rocks to spin now.
jay2001

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by southern_gal 26.01.13 16:58

aiyoyo wrote:
southern_gal wrote:
Montclair wrote:

I would imagine so.
Refusing the suspension is not right term, as reasons for suspension could be anything, but rather refused the proposal to "settle out of court".
I don't see why NOT?

I'm confused. Could the defendants have refused to "stay" the trial? If the defendant could have done that it would have given them a great deal of leverage in the settlement.
southern_gal
southern_gal

Activity : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 26.01.13 19:16

jay2001 wrote:Hobs - that was a comprehensive detailed list you emailed all those media outlets. Wonder if any will bother to reply, but at least you know that someone will have read the info. On Twitter lots of folk are tweeting the info and HideHo's latest video so word will get out there. Hope you get a reply/acknowledgement/action. Did you miss the Express? They could have a superb front page tomorrow if only they had the bottle.

This case has made me very cynical and opened my eyes to so many cover ups that the media do not tell us. Thank God for the internet otherwise we'd only have the news the PRopaganda people want us to read. Just like the government's media monitoring superstar - well looks like he's got another ship on the rocks to spin now.

I emailed the express first as soon as ther news of them seeking to do a deal with Dr Amaral and i had located the bbc article the photo came from.

I asked if they had paid for the story and if so they had been conned (does know do even a basic search these days)

I included samples of statment analysis indicating kates knowledge of Maddie being dead the a major foot in mouth quote from their lawyer isabel duerte ( ever so helpful she is)

I also pointed out a few basic questions that had yet to be asked regarding the crying, the demand for tips when she had 48 she hadn't passed on (damn those questions)

I also suggested they talk to their attornies egarding getting their money back from the mccanns and the tapas 7, they read the email i am not sure if they will reply, if they do it may well be with questions they need more info on (statement analysis probably) more probably they will be doing some digging and consulting with lawyers as to if the can get their moneyback and so.

In this case we will more than likely read about it on their webpage or in the paper.

The meda do not like being taken for a ride or conned out of money.
Hobs
Hobs
Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 26.01.13 19:28

Hobs thanks - I'm sure the Express want their money back and more, especially after Desmond's comments at Leveson. Trouble is the media must be gagged/frightened/D notices etc but more and more people on the net are definitely aware of the discrepancies in this case. The deluded and deranged still clutter up Twitter with their inane remarks. They have no answers to questions about the changing stories they just blindly support tm.

The truth has to come out and although we think we've been getting closer previously, this time I really think justice will be done for that little girl. When that day comes these people who seem to worship their idols and cannot discuss in a reasoned manner will need counselling. The like of which hasn't been seen since Take That ceased back in the nineties!
jay2001

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 26.01.13 20:45

Just over a week ago, I posted in this thread about the book The Truth Of The Lie. I wanted to work out how much Gonçalo Amaral must have earned from the sale of his book and checked the retail price in Amazon. I have just looked again and it appears the English translation is no longer on sale, not from amazon.co.uk or from amazon.com. In fact, I haven't been able to find it on sale anywhere.

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.01.13 20:47

Ribisl wrote:Just over a week ago, I posted in this thread about the book The Truth Of The Lie. I wanted to work out how much Gonçalo Amaral must have earned from the sale of his book and checked the retail price in Amazon. I have just looked again and it appears the English translation is no longer on sale, not from amazon.co.uk or from amazon.com. In fact, I haven't been able to find it on sale anywhere.

I didn't think the English translation was every on sale was it Ribisl?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth 26.01.13 21:04

I have not been able to.post for a time. But I still read when I can.
There is one small thing. This postponement of the trial looks to be, at last, some good news. But I do not understand, why dr Amaral has agreed with a six month delay?
Why did he not tell them that he wishes for no more delay, the trial must proceed now, as arranged?
His finances and assets are frozen until the trial, this is a tactic by the McCann couple to impoverish him even greater.
Does this agreement indicate that there is the small chance that he will agree to an external settlement? (I hope not.)

Shibboleth

Activity : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 26.01.13 22:09

@Candyfloss & Jean
I think you are both right. On the 18th I looked at both sites before posting and I could swear it was there because I deliberately checked the UK price tag (GBP14.86) to do the quick sums. But now there is only the Italian version on sale which costs GBP11.76. It was probably the Portuguese version 'A Verdade da Mentira' which was on sale then and has disappeared since? Or I am going mad!

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.01.13 22:16

Shibboleth wrote:I have not been able to.post for a time. But I still read when I can.
There is one small thing. This postponement of the trial looks to be, at last, some good news. But I do not understand, why dr Amaral has agreed with a six month delay?
Why did he not tell them that he wishes for no more delay, the trial must proceed now, as arranged?
His finances and assets are frozen until the trial, this is a tactic by the McCann couple to impoverish him even greater.
Does this agreement indicate that there is the small chance that he will agree to an external settlement? (I hope not.)

Good to see you back Shibboleth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top