The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Harlow Star covers the McCanns' application to put me in jail - Page 4 Mm11

Harlow Star covers the McCanns' application to put me in jail - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Harlow Star covers the McCanns' application to put me in jail - Page 4 Mm11

Harlow Star covers the McCanns' application to put me in jail - Page 4 Regist10

Harlow Star covers the McCanns' application to put me in jail

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harlow Star covers the McCanns' application to put me in jail - Page 4 Empty Re: Harlow Star covers the McCanns' application to put me in jail

Post by Guest 02.11.12 23:50

PauliPevsner wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
PauliPevsner wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
PauliPevsner wrote:[Snip]

And no legal authority has taken any action against anyone for anything. Neither the legal authorities nor the vast majority of the Great British Public are interested in the McCann Forum Wars and their various postings- they add up to nothing.

The sad thing is that you are likely to be financially ruined or imprisoned for no real effect. That is truly sad.

Probably the same argument used by many during Savile's life........

We live by the law. Unless sufficient evidence is produced, no case can prosper. Those that try to try people in public will run foul of defamation laws in any country.

Precisely why Savile was able to get away with what he did.

Many people had their suspicions about Savile but no case ever convinced the CPS (or DPP before that) that a tenable case existed that would be successfully prosecuted in court. That is the best that could be done.

Many innocent people have been publicly accused of terrible crimes and subsequently shown to be totally innocent.

Justice also involves laws that stop defamation.
Don't the courts decide what is or is not defamation? They may or may not agree with Carter Ruck's definition of it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Harlow Star covers the McCanns' application to put me in jail - Page 4 Empty Re: Harlow Star covers the McCanns' application to put me in jail

Post by ShuBob 02.11.12 23:50

I believe that an accusation re the Savile case is that corrupt cops and politicians were keen to cover-up the alleged abuse so sufficient investigation wasn't carried out. The case is unfolding so we shall see.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 02.11.12 23:54

PauliPevsner wrote:
Many innocent people have been publicly accused of terrible crimes and subsequently shown to be totally innocent.

Is this some kind of PR for C-R?

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 03.11.12 0:00

PauliPevsner wrote:

Many people had their suspicions about Savile but no case ever convinced the CPS (or DPP before that) that a tenable case existed that would be successfully prosecuted in court. That is the best that could be done.

Like Murat you mean, named by the McCanns and their friends.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 03.11.12 1:17

Ribisl wrote:
PauliPevsner wrote:

Is this some kind of PR for C-R?

Same mindset!
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.11.12 5:43

PauliPevsner wrote:
Ribisl wrote:
PauliPevsner wrote:
There is plenty of evidence but no sign of any legal authority taking any action against anyone. Not even for neglect!
If you believe there is plenty of evidence, then you have to wonder why no action has been taken. And that is exactly why so many of us are here. Because we want to see justice done for Madeleine.

But if, as the legal system of two countries seem to believe, there was insufficient evidence to charge anyone with anything (neglect, accidental death, concealing a corpse, homicide etc.) then what more can be done?

Same as the Police and CPS who said there was not enough evidence to convict Savile. And look now!

So what can be done now belatedly that couldnt be done during his lifetime?

We are told the reasons why it wasn't done during his lifetime. He, as the mccanns, used libel to threaten people.
He even threatened to bring down half the station.

If truth is on mccanns side, all they have to do is cooperate with Police, no need to beg for money only to use it on LIBEL lawyers.

The fact that they need to hide behind LIBEL lawyers speaks volume.

Personally I think the way forward to resolve the mystery behind Maddie's disappearance is for the Review Team to investigate the ltd co. FUND and works backward.
If their PIs set up and operation is proven to be bogus, that their series of PIS was nothing more than framework, then it raises plenty questions as to sham of their PIs hire and the truth will be had.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.11.12 6:17

aiyoyo
I second that!
At this moment inquiery of the PI's through the fund
seems by far the most direct approach

I wish it was done!

parapono
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.11.12 6:28

Precisely, and that is something within the UK's judiciary power to do so, because Fund was registered in UK.

Maybe the way forward is to lobby authorities to look into the Fund.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 03.11.12 6:50

I also agree, the fund and PIs should be investigated and very surprised this was not done by the British Police when the review was started ?

Very dodgy !!!
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 03.11.12 8:01

PauliPevsner wrote: But if, as the legal system of two countries seem to believe, there was insufficient evidence to charge anyone with anything (neglect, accidental death, concealing a corpse, homicide etc.) then what more can be done?

And that is it then, is it ? Let us all pack up and go home ?

I have so often seen and heard these arguments about there being "insufficient evidence to charge anyone". There are legal reasons for everything in life, but there are also moral obligations.

There is plenty of evidence to point to the fact that something sinister happened to Madeleine and if you take the cadaver dogs evidence into account, something tragic.

It cannot be disputed that the happenings occurred whilst the little girl was in the care of her parents. As a parent I am the first to acknowledge that accidents happen. But there are accidents and there preventable occurrances. This was a preventable occurrance.

The McCanns feelings of being "hurt" because of discussions about what happened should be irrelevant and secondary to finding a lost child. If you are advocating a society where adults can take children on holiday, return without them, shrug their shoulders, open a fund for financial gain and cry libel at every turn, then you are welcome to that society.

The simple fact of this case is that the child is somewhere, as a human being she has a basic human right to be returned home and as adults we have a duty to make that happen. The adults who were with her did not do their utmost to protect her, it is more than questionable as to whether they are doing their utmost to find her. It is not good enough to simply "move on".

If the quest to find that little girl hurts Kate Healy's feelings or upsets Gerry McCann, so be it. If you lie down with dogs you will get bitten by fleas.

Healy and McCann have the power to stop all of this and give a little girl peace. They can tell the truth. Then justice will find its own path.

I care little whether you are a supporter of the parents story, if you are, you are entitled to your opinion. However, if you are of the mindset that nothing more can be done or should be done to find a little girl, then I find that truly distressing.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 03.11.12 11:17

Sami Harlow Star covers the McCanns' application to put me in jail - Page 4 321268
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 03.11.12 13:20

Harlow Star covers the McCanns' application to put me in jail - Page 4 259100well said sami
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 03.11.12 13:26

Sami, roses You posted exactly how I feel too.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.11.12 14:03

roses Sami
I could not agree more!

parapono
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.11.12 14:05

I doubt that Pauli will be back again but, if he (?) is, I'd be interested to know which pro site he was banned from. I know there are others but the most notorious is JATYK2 and that isn't allowing new members for some unknown reason.

There are times when I think we might as well give up - as when we hear that the Scotland Yard review is accepting the stranger abduction scenario as factual - but at others I am encouraged that there are many others like myself who aren't prepared to sit down and shut up when such outrageous attempts are made to silence people who don't accept the nonsense of the official story.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.11.12 17:48

Pauli = Advocatus = whooshedHarlow Star covers the McCanns' application to put me in jail - Page 4 110921
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.11.12 17:51

Really?? He somehow worked out NOT TO USE CAPITALS ALL THE TIME THEN! I thought he had been here before but that he was someone else.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 03.11.12 18:02

I have sworn to myself that I shall say welcome, and it be a genuine greeting, read a bit, and then if any doubt just ignore as the more they are entertained, and I do believe they are being entertained, then they will just stay and disrupt the forum.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.11.12 18:09

They'll get the plug pulled on them if they are too disruptive!

Here's a reminder of Textusa's blog about the many faces of Advocatus.

http://textusa.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/advocatus-attack.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 08.11.12 18:47

The Harlow Star has published this letter from me in full tonight (8 Nov):

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Letter to the editor for publication

Dear Editor,

Your report (‘Lawyer back in court over McCann claims’, Star, 1 November) omitted to state the key element of my defence against claims I broke court undertakings.

As is widely known, the original senior detective in the case, Dr Goncalo Amaral, published a book in 2008 setting out his views on the case. It’s a book on which I base my views of what happened. It’s also widely known that the McCanns successfully banned his book at court hearings in September 2009 and January 2010 in Lisbon.

But what is not so well known is that the ban on Dr Amaral’s book was lifted by the Portuguese Appeal Court in October 2010. The McCanns appealed unsuccessfully to the Portuguese Supreme Court against the unbanning of his book in March 2011. In both cases, costs were awarded against the McCanns. These two courts were very clear: they said it was a breach of his rights to freedom of expression and speech, under Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights, to continue the ban on his book.

So his book has been on sale again in Portugal for over two years. But much more than that, his book has been translated into nine European languages and has sold a million copies in over two dozen countries.

The current position is that people in Britain can’t read Dr Amaral’s book in English because no publisher will take the risk of publishing it, so long as Britain retains its oppressive libel laws.

Finally, it wasn’t correct to state, referring to the 16 undertakings I gave to the McCanns and the court, that ‘three have been broken’; that remains for the court to decide after they have heard my defence.

Yours sincerely

Tony Bennett

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 08.11.12 19:13

Good on them Tony and well done for setting the record straight. At least one paper has given a good attempt to present both sides of the story, not just the well spun tale!
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.11.12 5:49

youaretheman

parapono
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 09.11.12 8:24

Absolutely thrilled your excellent letter was published in The Harlow Star, Tony. Well done! It contains a lot of important facts that have not thus far been revealed by the UK media. I'm impressed that The Harlow Star has set the record straight and printed your letter in full, in spite of the McCanns best efforts to prevent such important details from emerging.

A very big step forward. Thank you for your enormous efforts in the pursuit of justice.

I agree Harlow Star covers the McCanns' application to put me in jail - Page 4 281194
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 09.11.12 8:28

It's going to be read! Short and clear and to the point! Brilliant summary of the facts. This letter is going to be read by many more than the usual readership of the Harlow Star.
yes

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 09.11.12 12:36

Ribisl wrote:
PauliPevsner wrote:
There is plenty of evidence but no sign of any legal authority taking any action against anyone. Not even for neglect!
If you believe there is plenty of evidence, then you have to wonder why no action has been taken. And that is exactly why so many of us are here. Because we want to see justice done for Madeleine.

This old chestnut again. "if there is evidence why haven't they been charged".

It's simple really. Insufficient evidence to bring charges was gathered (although some believe there was sufficient to at least get them in a court room this is backed up to a degree by the Judges’ summing up in the Amaral book trial.

The investigation itself and the gathering of more conclusive evidence was hindered and brought to a shuddering halt due to the parents and their friends refusal to co-operate in the investigation when it reached the stage of actually examining them and their actions in detail.

Lest we forget this was the only route the investigators and the evidence that had been gathered so far led to and could possibly lead to.

I would propose that had the investigation work been allowed to continue unhindered down the avenue of the parents and their friends at that time more compelling evidence would have been uncovered relatively quickly.

Which again begs the question why would innocent parties want to hinder the investigation of their missing child?

What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns
Me

Activity : 698

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top