The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Emma L Knight - Hotel Manager statement Mm11

Emma L Knight - Hotel Manager statement Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Emma L Knight - Hotel Manager statement Mm11

Emma L Knight - Hotel Manager statement Regist10

Emma L Knight - Hotel Manager statement

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Emma L Knight - Hotel Manager statement Empty Emma L Knight - Hotel Manager statement

Post by Guest 08.06.12 14:11

Have searched ,but didn find any topic conserning her statement.

I read it, looking for something else, and read her statement of the evening and her descriptions of the twins caught my mind.

I think I have read somewhere here that they where removed to another room, and slept to the next morning.
but thats not what shes saying :

I went to the McCann's apartment, entered by the patio doors and introduced myself to Kate and Mrs Payne. I entered the apartment living room and Kate and Mrs Payne stayed in the main bedroom, from where I could hear them both crying.

The twins were still asleep in the children's bedroom and the door was half open.

A short while later, Gerry returned to the apartment accompanied by Russell. They also entered by the patio doors.

I don not remember the exact sequence of events at this time, but I do remember that I phoned John, who informed me that the police were on their way.

I remember that the police arrived between 00.00 and 00.30, entered by the main door and went to the kitchen with Gerry.

I went to the bedroom where Kate and Mrs Payne were. Kate was still upset, crying and calling Madeleine's name, shouting 'where is she''
She also banged on the headboard. At that moment I went to check on the twins in their room and they were ok.

I remember being in the main bedroom with Kate, Mrs Payne, Gerry, Russell and David who were sitting on the bed and I sat on the floor. At that moment David suggested that the press should be contacted. Russell disagreed, saying they should keep calm and let the police take care of the situation.

At that moment Kate appeared to lose control, crying and constantly asking 'where is she'' whilst banging on the bed.

Gerry remained calm throughout. On one occasion Kate and Gerry both went to the main bedroom and I could hear both of them crying.

Quite a bit later that night I remember the police asking everyone to leave the apartment. I received a call from John informing me that he had arranged for another apartment for the McCanns. I went to reception and helped Lyndsey to move the two cots to the new apartment

The McCanns went to the new apartment and I remember seeing Kate and Mrs Payne seated on the sofa, each holding one of the twins. I left the new apartment at 04.30 in the morning after instructions from John Hill. I was the last to leave, the police had already left, but I left my number saying that I was available for anything that might be needed.

After a short rest I returned to work at 08.00. I did not see Kate or Gerry during the whole morning, but went to the new apartment at about lunchtime. Kate and Gerry were not there but there were other members of the group taking care of the twins.

I remember there were helicopters flying overhead and showing them to the twins. ( added by me: And noone where looking ? Helicopters where out looking the next morning)

According to Emma, the twins where awake in the night, I guess awake, they could ofcourse hold them and they where still sleeping ...But they also slept in the appartment without waking up for atleast 3 hours before beeing moved to the new appartment... And 3 hours, with all the screaming and banging from Kate, and they dont wake up...not easy to believe...And all the people going in and out, trying to open the window the blinds, and they slept throu it all.. hmmm...

This statement may have no importance or reveal anything.. I just remember a discussion about the twins beeing removed earlier and to a different appartment (not the new one Mccann got)

Full statement here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Emma L Knight - Hotel Manager statement Empty Re: Emma L Knight - Hotel Manager statement

Post by Guest 08.06.12 14:19

I thought I had read that they moved to the Payne's apartment? Or am I wrong?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Emma L Knight - Hotel Manager statement Empty Re: Emma L Knight - Hotel Manager statement

Post by tigger 08.06.12 14:23

This statement is full of interest - helicopters: the Swedish interviews when Gerry said they expected helicopters but this wasn't the Royal Navy.
The clear implication was that at no time helicopters were deployed and the backward Portuguese probably barely had a Navy or emergency services to compare with the UK.

I was under the impression they stayed with the Paynes the rest of that night but it says here they had an apartment of their own allocated.

She heard both Kate and Gerry crying but she didn't see them crying.

According to her it was DP who suggested the press and ROB who said to leave it to the police.
This last is interesting - which Tapas were 'in' on the story and which were bit players. It was Rachel who had the press contacts and here DP suggests it.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 08.06.12 14:31

I was reading this statement the other night. I thought it interesting "At that moment David suggested that the press should be contacted."
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 08.06.12 14:37

jd wrote:I was reading this statement the other night. I thought it interesting "At that moment David suggested that the press should be contacted."

Why the hec would you notify the press? The only time I have contacted the press is the births deaths and marriages. I just cannot imagine within hours of a child going missing that I would think 'ah, must notify the press' search, knock on doors, shout her name, but the press. I am not a doctor though.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.12 14:48

I heard that to candyfloss..

I was also surprised there wasnt a topic already about her statement, since she is / was the hotel manager...

And yes, why contact the press that early ? Everyone knows that publicity the first days can harm the child more than looking for her in silence..imo..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 08.06.12 15:07

This is the first time I have read anywhere suggesting that david payne was responsible for the calling of the media and the press
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 08.06.12 15:35

Nina wrote:
jd wrote:I was reading this statement the other night. I thought it interesting "At that moment David suggested that the press should be contacted."

Why the hec would you notify the press? The only time I have contacted the press is the births deaths and marriages. I just cannot imagine within hours of a child going missing that I would think 'ah, must notify the press' search, knock on doors, shout her name, but the press. I am not a doctor though.
I too would have been knocking on doors until the police arrived. You know,"You two take that block" and so on. Paedophiles go on holiday too!
Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 08.06.12 17:21

p, 80 We probably could have stayed in our apartment, but who would have wanted to ?....... Mark Warner had prepared another flat for us on the first floor of an adjacent block, but Gerry and I were in no condition to be on our own... So the staff put up two extra cots in Fiona and David's apartment and we carried a sleepy Sean and Amelie into their siting room...... I lowered myself on to the ouch with Fiona. She took a twin from me and we both sat there hugging my children.
p.81 ...Gerry was stretched out on a camp bed with Amelie asleep on his chest.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.12 17:29

PeterMac wrote:p, 80 We probably could have stayed in our apartment, but who would have wanted to ?....... Mark Warner had prepared another flat for us on the first floor of an adjacent block, but Gerry and I were in no condition to be on our own... So the staff put up two extra cots in Fiona and David's apartment and we carried a sleepy Sean and Amelie into their siting room...... I lowered myself on to the ouch with Fiona. She took a twin from me and we both sat there hugging my children.

Thanks PeterMac, so how does this square with the statement in the op........

Quite a bit later that night I remember the police asking everyone to leave the apartment. I received a call from John informing me that he had arranged for another apartment for the McCanns. I went to reception and helped Lyndsey to move the two cots to the new apartment

The McCanns went to the new apartment and I remember seeing Kate and Mrs Payne seated on the sofa, each holding one of the twins. I left the new apartment at 04.30 in the morning
after instructions from John Hill. I was the last to leave, the police had already left, but I left my number saying that I was available for anything that might be needed.

After a short rest I returned to work at 08.00. I did not see Kate or Gerry during the whole morning, but went to the new apartment at about lunchtime. Kate and Gerry were not there but there were other members of the group taking care of the twins.

So which apartment did they stay in. Kate says the cots were moved into the Paynes apartment, and the witness says into the NEW apartment.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.12 17:34

PeterMac wrote:p, 80 We probably could have stayed in our apartment, but who would have wanted to ?....... Mark Warner had prepared another flat for us on the first floor of an adjacent block, but Gerry and I were in no condition to be on our own... So the staff put up two extra cots in Fiona and David's apartment and we carried a sleepy Sean and Amelie into their siting room...... I lowered myself on to the ouch with Fiona. She took a twin from me and we both sat there hugging my children.
Who would have wanted too???? Worried parents, who would want to be there in case Madeleine WAW and found her way back to the apartment. Even better, of course, would be up and about and SEARCH!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.12 17:39

Châtelaine wrote:
Who would have wanted too???? Worried parents, who would want to be there in case Madeleine WAW and found her way back to the apartment. Even better, of course, would be up and about and SEARCH!

Also if they were sure it was an abduction then they knew the apartment would be a crime scene, and they would not have been able to stay in it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummingbird 08.06.12 17:46

DP suggested the press

DP suggested they didn't talk to the social worker anymore

It was DP & FP who we are told were distraught (by the social worker) but KM & GM in her opinion were acting quite calmly in the circumstances!

DW states that DP & FP carried the twins up to their apartment and the travel cots had been put in the lounge and they placed them into the cots where the twins continued to sleep (no mention of KM & FP sitting holding them) they were followed by GM & KM, we got the 2 spare mattresses off the two spare beds in Lilys room and put them on the floor next to the cots, it must have been 4.30 5am by this time. (of course this is something I have always questioned, the grandmother sleeping in the lounge while there are 2 spare beds in another room and then of course this would mean that the Paynes certainly did have a rather large apartment because now the lounge has a pull out sofabed for DW, 2 mattresses on the floor and 2 travel cots in it!!)

It was DW who stated that KM language was not repeatable when she was told a Priest could not be found when she arrived at their apartment (this is Portugal it a Catholic country!!! she said)

She then says that it was about 4.30 5pm when they settled down to try to rest although no one got any sleep.

At no time ever has it ever been suggested by the McCanns or the Paynes that a new apartment was used.

Now whilst I accept that in the circumstances you wouldn't want to be alone (if the circumstances were true) but the Statement says she left the new apartment at 4.30 am and remembers seeing KM & FP sitting on the sofa holding the twins!!!! I was the last to leave after instructions from John Hill.

I know who I believe
Hummingbird

Activity : 260

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 08.06.12 17:58

I know who I believe too.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 08.06.12 18:03

Full text of that bit, for the full Disney effect. No searching going on, all alone, no one cares etc etc.
We probably could have stayed in our apartment, but who would have wanted to? Looking back, it’s inexplicable, of course, that we should ever have been left in what was now a crime scene. We shouldn’t even have been allowed to take things out of the children’s bedroom. Mark Warner had prepared another flat for us on the first floor of an adjacent block, but Gerry and I were in no condition to be on our own. We couldn’t look after ourselves, let alone the twins. So the staff put up two extra cots in Fiona and David’s apartment and we carried a sleepy Sean and Amelie into their sitting room. But I needed to keep them close to me. I lowered myself down on to the couch with Fiona. She took a twin from me and we both sat there hugging my children. Holding one of my babies provided me with some much-needed comfort, albeit fleetingly.
On my insistence, Gerry and Dave went out again to look for some sign of Madeleine. They went up and down the beach in the dark, running, shouting, desperate to find something; please God, to find Madeleine herself. It was only much later that Gerry told me he’d already started remembering cases of other missing children and acknowledging the horrific possibility that Madeleine might not be found. It was a possibility I could not have begun to contemplate.
I don’t know whether the Mark Warner staff were still searching.
I couldn’t see anyone about by this time, except for a couple of GNR police cars in the road outside and a handful of officers hanging around. None of them appeared to be doing very much. I couldn’t stand the thought of nothing happening while time marched inexorably onward. Madeleine could be miles away by now. At one point I went out to speak to the police, needing some reassurance. It was difficult and exasperating as communication was so limited, and there was no reassurance to be had. I walked briskly up and down Rua Dr Agostinho da Silva, sometimes breaking into a jog, clinging to the hope that I’d spot something in the dark. The fear of Madeleine being dumped somewhere and dying of hypothermia started to hijack my thoughts.
Back in the apartment the cold, black night enveloped us all for what seemed like an eternity. Dianne and I sat there just staring at each other, still as statues. ‘It’s so dark,’ she said again and again. ‘I want the light to come.’ I felt exactly the same way. Gerry was stretched out on a camp bed with Amelie asleep on his chest. He kept saying, ‘Kate, we need to rest.’ He managed to drift off but only briefly, certainly for less than an hour. I didn’t even try. I couldn’t have allowed myself to entertain sleep. I felt Madeleine’s terror, and I had to keep vigil with her. I needed to be doing something, but I didn’t know where to put myself. I wandered restlessly in and out of the room and on to the balcony.
At long last, dawn broke.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.12 18:16

PeterMac wrote:Full text of that bit, for the full Disney effect. No searching going on, all alone, no one cares etc etc.
We probably could have stayed in our apartment, but who would have wanted to? Looking back, it’s inexplicable, of course, that we should ever have been left in what was now a crime scene. We shouldn’t even have been allowed to take things out of the children’s bedroom. Mark Warner had prepared another flat for us on the first floor of an adjacent block, but Gerry and I were in no condition to be on our own. We couldn’t look after ourselves, let alone the twins. So the staff put up two extra cots in Fiona and David’s apartment and we carried a sleepy Sean and Amelie into their sitting room. But I needed to keep them close to me. I lowered myself down on to the couch with Fiona. She took a twin from me and we both sat there hugging my children. Holding one of my babies provided me with some much-needed comfort, albeit fleetingly.
On my insistence, Gerry and Dave went out again to look for some sign of Madeleine. They went up and down the beach in the dark, running, shouting, desperate to find something; please God, to find Madeleine herself. It was only much later that Gerry told me he’d already started remembering cases of other missing children and acknowledging the horrific possibility that Madeleine might not be found. It was a possibility I could not have begun to contemplate.
I don’t know whether the Mark Warner staff were still searching.
I couldn’t see anyone about by this time, except for a couple of GNR police cars in the road outside and a handful of officers hanging around. None of them appeared to be doing very much. I couldn’t stand the thought of nothing happening while time marched inexorably onward. Madeleine could be miles away by now. At one point I went out to speak to the police, needing some reassurance. It was difficult and exasperating as communication was so limited, and there was no reassurance to be had. I walked briskly up and down Rua Dr Agostinho da Silva, sometimes breaking into a jog, clinging to the hope that I’d spot something in the dark. The fear of Madeleine being dumped somewhere and dying of hypothermia started to hijack my thoughts.
Back in the apartment the cold, black night enveloped us all for what seemed like an eternity. Dianne and I sat there just staring at each other, still as statues. ‘It’s so dark,’ she said again and again. ‘I want the light to come.’ I felt exactly the same way. Gerry was stretched out on a camp bed with Amelie asleep on his chest. He kept saying, ‘Kate, we need to rest.’ He managed to drift off but only briefly, certainly for less than an hour. I didn’t even try. I couldn’t have allowed myself to entertain sleep. I felt Madeleine’s terror, and I had to keep vigil with her. I needed to be doing something, but I didn’t know where to put myself. I wandered restlessly in and out of the room and on to the balcony.
At long last, dawn broke.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry, I just can't get my head around this, so your child has vanished, and been missing only a few hours, but you decided you need some rest!!!!!!!!!!!![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Jeez it's not as if they had been up for days, how many of us have partied well into the early hours fgs! How could you rest, when your child had just disappeared. Gobsmacked I am, can't believe you could even write that in a book. Poor Madeleine:cry:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.12 18:22

And this from PeterMac's quote of the book......

On my insistence, Gerry and Dave went out again to look for some sign of Madeleine.

So, they wouldn't have bothered then if KM hadn't insisted they go and search.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 08.06.12 18:28

On my insistence, Gerry and Dave went out again to look for some sign of Madeleine. They went up and down the beach in the dark, running, shouting, desperate to find something; please God, to find Madeleine herself.

So it seems as if the abducted child's father was reluctant to search while the mother who did naff all was at least dutiful enough to send him on his way to the beach.
As this is an account of the truth and Kate did not go out with the pair, I gather she stood at a good point high up on the apartment block with a pair of binoculars so she was a witness to the pair running and shouting.
Desperate to find what....apart from the child? What sign of Maddie /thing was she hoping they would discover?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 08.06.12 18:30

russiandoll wrote: On my insistence, Gerry and Dave went out again to look for some sign of Madeleine. They went up and down the beach in the dark, running, shouting, desperate to find something; please God, to find Madeleine herself.

So it seems as if the abducted child's father was reluctant to search while the mother who did naff all was at least dutiful enough to send him on his way to the beach.
As this is an account of the truth and Kate did not go out with the pair, I gather she stood at a good point high up on the apartment block with a pair of binoculars so she was a witness to the pair running and shouting.
Desperate to find what....apart from the child? What sign of Maddie /thing was she hoping they would discover?

I think the 'on my insistence' is the bit we have to understand as Kate's great contribution to the search. So it's totally thanks to her the two chaps went off to the beach to do God knows what. Paddling?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 08.06.12 18:32

Kate is the most ungratefu person I've ever had the misfortune to know about.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.12 18:38

I really cannot believe that anyone could do this, let alone put it in print for the world to read. How bloody selfish, wanting to rest when your child has just only a couple of hours ago disappeared. It tells me everything I need to know.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Badboys 08.06.12 18:44

Emma louise knight says the mccanns ended up in apartment 4g,so i read on internet.
Badboys

Activity : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 08.06.12 18:49

And of course they were "incredibly busy"
Kate gave us that in the interview as the reason for not searching herself.
They were asleep in the apartment whilst the entire village, MW staff, ex-pats, dogs and everyone else was out searching.
That's right, isn't it Kate ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.12 18:56

PeterMac wrote:And of course they were "incredibly busy"
They were asleep in the apartment whilst the entire village, MW staff, ex-pats, dogs and everyone else was out searching.

Even when Madeleine was not in the apartment, what did KM do, rushed over to the Tapas Bar. Wouldn't you be running around outside the apartments screaming Madeleine, Madeleine at the top of your voice, that would certainly alert the others pretty quickly, she might have just been hiding in the bushes for all she knew or walked up the road a bit. I haven't read anywhere that she actually searched outside the minute she found Madeleine gone, and shouting out for her outside, instead she leaves the twins and goes to the tapas bar.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.12 19:41

candyfloss wrote:
PeterMac wrote:And of course they were "incredibly busy"

Even when Madeleine was not in the apartment, what did KM do, rushed over to the Tapas Bar. Wouldn't you be running around outside the apartments screaming Madeleine, Madeleine at the top of your voice, that would certainly alert the others pretty quickly, she might have just been hiding in the bushes for all she knew or walked up the road a bit. I haven't read anywhere that she actually searched outside the minute she found Madeleine gone, and shouting out for her outside, instead she leaves the twins and goes to the tapas bar.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Her exscuse is that she imidiatly knew M was abducted . She couldnt tell why , ( atleast in one of her early interviews) but later on she said the window and curtain wooshing , she just knew instantly she was taken. So why bother scream for her outside? So that raises your other question because IF that was what she really believed then its even more horrifying leaving the twins alone, again, after M got missing. But even if she instantly didnt knew, her choice should still have been to go to the outside and scream for the others, not run down again to the tapas, for many more reasons than leaving the twins alone again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top